Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Didn't mean to needle, I'll stick to the point this was about electrolysis.  Maybe you're shocked but I have faced that's what it takes to be smooth around hair. ;)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

jentay1367

All this talk of pop tarts got me to thinking about hot pockets. As innuendo regarding faux foods go, those two are both pretty ripe. Before I ate either though, I'd need  all of coldhearts morphine.
  •  

amandam

This thread got pretty hairy for awhile.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

davina61

Yes Laurie I nailed the fish curry. With all this folicing on your post you need to root out the rough from the smooth.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

All these bald faced lies...about you (Aussie saying)
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

gv2002

My self I think a hair has cause you all to lose your minds! I have laughed at how much fun you have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: gv2002 on August 05, 2017, 09:28:19 PM
My self I think a hair has cause you all to lose your minds! I have laughed at how much fun you have!

Well, it is not my fault. I am the only one in the bunch that is of sound mind. (the body? not so much)
All the rest, you have to wonder about.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

gv2002

It's all about the ride! We come in many styles and many flavor! I'm a woman in and out! Yes I still have a difunctional kick stand! That's ok for now! I not really pretty! Have way to many hairs I want [emoji88]! I'll just be the best I can! Some may not have faults (really they are sick puppies) we can get through this together! We are unique!

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Laurie on August 05, 2017, 11:01:46 AM

I just don't know about all these hooligans running amuck around here though. Sometimes it seems I am the only normal one posting. That Woman, Moonlove? Monorail? oh you know the one, I'm sure  she's behind all this targeted nonsense. I think she has some sort of crush on me and doesn't know how to express it in a rational way The rest I think are deranged sheep following her example.

I give you a lovely story about Pap Tarts and you call your friends deranged sheep. You are truly the queen. As for my crush and your topic, I will be glad to save you money, my queen, and pull the unwanted follicles out one at a time with the royal pliers.
All my love,
Moonraker
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 05, 2017, 11:40:57 PM
I give you a lovely story about Pap Tarts and you call your friends deranged sheep. You are truly the queen. As for my crush and your topic, I will be glad to save you money, my queen, and pull the unwanted follicles out one at a time with the royal pliers.
All my love,
Moonraker

You are right, I should not be calling any one by those adjectives. Lets just leave it at "sheep following your example.

Laurie

•  

gv2002

[emoji23] lol
I believe anyone that goes through hair removal should get a degree in pain tolerance! All of you that have competed removal are amazing! Maybe a badge with a behind with a bug zapper touching!

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Today has been one of those days.

I started out by getting up later than usual, turning on my computer, and getting some coffee. Returning to my desk, I login and start to get the morning medications and paraphernalia organized. Needle, lancets, meters,  etc and  launch mail client, facebook, Susan's my medication spreadsheet. I begin my pill sorting for the day's pills and look at facebook and bam there it is " transgender troop ban is now policy"... Instant anger, I'm pissed off. I read the article while sorting pills. Need more coffee. Get another cup and grab a slice of cold leftover pizza, screw cooking and the cards. I take my pills and check blood pressure hmmm up a bit surprise surprise. Blood sugar is okay, give myself my insulin shot and grab another slice of pizza. Start thinking of going for a drive. Today isn't a good day for Susan's kill that browser. Do a repost on FB and a couple of comments. God how I hate that man ughhhh!  I go to my email client to shut it down and see I have a couple communication from friends. I read them and wish I hadn't. I need to get away. Get a FB message from my Missouri friend's daughter inviting me to go to a restaurant with them. Not a good Idea. Tell her thanks but that I ate already. Killed the FB browser. DAMN! I need a shower first. Phone rings, it's a friend , reminding me I said I would come over today to collect a little of the money she owes me. I don't want to deal with it now so I tell her to forget about what she owes me. It wasn't that much and I don't need it. Get into the shower, dry off and dress. I bring up a browser to address those messages I had read trying to fix a problem. then shut down the computer. I'm a bit less angry, but frustrated. I think I want to cry and before I can stop it I am. I feel anger, frustration, and foolish. Crying over nothing.
   It doesn't last long but now I am tired too. Screw the drive I take a nap.
   I wake up put my shoes on and turn the computer back on. No drive today but I still don't feel like  getting on FB or Susan's. It would be a good idea. I bring up World of Warcraft maybe some monster killing will help. A light knock on the door. It's not my sister she would have said something too. So I get up and open the door to find my friends from Missouri standing there. WOW what a good surprise. I shut down the computer again. It seems that since I didn't go to the restaurant to be surprised with others that got invited, they brought the surprise to me. Had I stayed on fb a few seconds longer I would have gotten another message from their daughter suggested I may want to show up anyway. Or even had I brought it up after my nap I would have seen a picture of everyone at the restaurant. But neither of those happened due to my no so good mood. We had a good visit with them, their two granddaughter and a family friend that I also know. They left to take care of other business.
   Anger pretty much gone, I once again bring up the computer, mail, FB and Susan's. More communications await me. This time when I am reading what is said once again make me cry. But this time is is from the good words I read, They touch me inside and made the tears flow again. My emotions are again under control. I can read and post on FB again. I take a picture of my transgender veteran T-shirt and post it  on FB with a blurb about me being a transgender veteran and loving my country and express my displeasure over the ban. I do it calmly, I'm OK.
I'm good so I bring up Susan's, reading and making a few comments. I'm under control.

Yes, I am still somewhat angry. I hate what is happening in politics. I hate where my country is heading. And I hate what it does to me. But for now my emotions are in check. I'm okay. Welcome to my day.

Love you all and I'm sorry when my emotions get the best of me. It robs me from being of service to some of you and it robs me of getting support from all of you.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

LizK

That sucks...I read that today as I read my bulletins and I was thinking about how you were feeling about this. Not just you but all the Trans guys and girls serving...it must be heart braking to know this is not a rant but policy.

Glad you got some respite...

Crying is cathartic and I always feel remarkable after being able to release that emotion. I got slammed by some body dysphoria today and ended having a good cry...far heathier than pouring half a bottle port wine down your throat...or any of the many other hazardous activities we tend to do when in that state.

Maybe its Laurie Time??
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

gv2002

Laurie, I'm sorry it started out badly! Remember one thing! Our gooberment does not represent the people! It's a corporation! (Act of 1871-YouTube)
Remember, breath deep! We are here for you!

•  

HappyMoni

Laurie,
   I share your anger. I try to think that when things swing too far one way it is bound to swing back. Of course, that doesn't help the people directly affected by this foolishness. I am heartened by the vocal backlash to this hateful act. A lot of people who never spoke up for us are starting to do so.
   I am sorry for your difficult time. It sounds like you are kicking ass working through it. I hope you remember the tremendous crush I have on you, and it will maybe make you smile just a bit. I will correct you on one thing. I don't lead anyone. People bust your chops because they are comfortable with you, they like you, and, well..., your chops are quite bustable. I never mess with people I don't like, for my part.
Love ya Bratty,
Moni
I still can't believe you didn't like 'pap tarts.' lol
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Denni

Laurie,

I think what you read on FB that the policy is now in effect for the transgender military ban is incorrect. I just researched all of the news organizations and there is no mention of it being implemented. "Clueless" has not sent any directive to the JCS and continues to be told by his lawyers that the ban would have a difficult time in court being upheld. The letter last week signed by the retired generals and admirals and the backlash from congress and others only adds to the difficulty of it being implemented. We can only be hopeful for everyone that still serves that this is another failed attempt on his part of what he thinks governing is, hence the name "clueless". Hope this brightens your day for you, hugs
  •  

KathyLauren

Laurie, I am really sorry that you and other veterans and serving members have to deal with this.  It makes me angry too, and I live in a different country.  I am glad you are feeling a bit better now, but anger is appropriate.  I hope something good comes from it.

Please continue to take good care of yourself.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Denni on August 06, 2017, 10:05:15 AM
Laurie,

I think what you read on FB that the policy is now in effect for the transgender military ban is incorrect. I just researched all of the news organizations and there is no mention of it being implemented. "Clueless" has not sent any directive to the JCS and continues to be told by his lawyers that the ban would have a difficult time in court being upheld. The letter last week signed by the retired generals and admirals and the backlash from congress and others only adds to the difficulty of it being implemented. We can only be hopeful for everyone that still serves that this is another failed attempt on his part of what he thinks governing is, hence the name "clueless". Hope this brightens your day for you, hugs

Thank you Denni, I have settled down again.

However it is now official policy per reporting on LGBTQ Nation. It is called "A Guidance Policy for Open Transgender Service Phase Out" and this morning it was confirmed by Kelly Anne Conway on Face the Nation today. She also said it is working it's way through the system to become a directive to the military.
     It is happening and I hope it can be stopped before it gets there and they implement it.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

jentay1367

It's so pathetic. Who they're throwing out are some of the finest people serving today. Here's an acquaintance of mine that has served in the Guard for 14 years. This is a high quality person that came out and stuck her head up because Obama said it was okay. Now she faces the misogynistic trans-phobic anti gay hatred that is  the sum total of  this Administration. She stuck her head up and is having it shot off. Pathetic...

•  

Laurie

Thank you everyone for your support as you always do.

I feel very strongly about the state of politic is this country. So much so that I have had to block all political content from my feed lest I say things that will not only offend some of you, but will also be against the TOS. I love this site too much to risk not being able to be a part of it.
  This particular subject is one that causes me to go beyond my normal political views to the point I cannot trust myself to be civil anywhere to anyone. I do not like when this happens That is when it is best I turn off the computer and leave the apartment and go for a drive. No, I do not take it out on the road in fits of road rage or stupid driving behavior. Rather the road help calm me down. The noise of the tires on the asphalt is soothing and I become more aware of the serene scenery around me as I head to the mountains or the coast away from people. It's my therapy for anger and it works.
   So if there's been are particularly annoying news story hitting the media and I disappear suddenly I've probably driving down the road. Don't worry I'll be back.

Thank you all again for being here for me.

Hugs,
   Laurie