Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Thanks Davina,

Perhaps I should dress nicely more often but going to the grocery store dressed up would feel a bit much.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Georgette

Laurie

"Accosted by a Gentleman" sounds rather harsh, for a complement.

Don't know that the Therapist would lie just to make you feel better for pay, MAYBE you did look pretty.
We all white lie to others as it is not productive to just make others feel bad, we want others around us feel good.  I don't handle complements well, but others tell me to just thank others, after all they could have said nothing.

There is a difference between being "dressed up" and "dress nicely".  I try to always "dress nicely", but do save being "dressed up" for other times.  I always dress in dresses, but big difference in everyday and for clubs and such.
AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on August 29, 2017, 03:55:52 PM
Well look at you all pretty as a picture. Hope things go well with your therapist. Jeez girl you lookin' good.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

Thank you Sadie, I am happy to see you still hanging around occasionally. Kinda been missing you.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Georgette on August 30, 2017, 03:54:48 PM
Laurie

"Accosted by a Gentleman" sounds rather harsh, for a complement.

Don't know that the Therapist would lie just to make you feel better for pay, MAYBE you did look pretty.
We all white lie to others as it is not productive to just make others feel bad, we want others around us feel good.  I don't handle complements well, but others tell me to just thank others, after all they could have said nothing.

There is a difference between being "dressed up" and "dress nicely".  I try to always "dress nicely", but do save being "dressed up" for other times.  I always dress in dresses, but big difference in everyday and for clubs and such.

Hi Georgette,

You are right Accosted would be a bit harsh  had I not meant it as a tongue in cheek  comment. Be assured I did thank both men for the compliments. Again it was my little attempt at humor.
  For me that outfit was dressing up, though you are right a night out for a nice dinner or party would call for a bit more. As it was I did use a little more makeup, a bit more mascara. eyeliner, a bit heavier shadow though still not a lot, darker lipstick a black leather look skirt and low heeled pumps. It was definitely not an everyday look.
  When I go to my Cinderella Ball to meet my prince Charming you can bet I'll be "Dressed up"  lol
  Good to hear from you again Georgette, (Hugs)

Laurie

•  

Laurie

My head and heart are not in today. Stuff keeps leaking out. I'm going to crawl back into my bed and hide.

•  

Kendra

You need a hug.  Here's one.   :)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Laurie on August 31, 2017, 11:44:24 AM
My head and heart are not in today. Stuff keeps leaking out. I'm going to crawl back into my bed and hide.
Have a 'huggle' from me,  hope you're in a better place soon. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

This might make you smile, my  cousin messaged me saying she had see the perfect T shirt for me. It said The future is female. Might have to go shopping!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

I think I can say my grandchildren, son in law, and daughter are well and truly lost to me. All I get from my daughter and her husband is public character assassination and vitriol. I am obviously no longer welcome among them and I see no hope whatsoever of reconciliation. Even if I were able to detransition it would do no good as the conflict has gone far beyond my being transgender. The damage in done and past repair.
  As you can imagine I am upset by this and I think I shall be for some time. My feelings are to cut and run, isolating myself from the world. Would that I could, I'd be gone now. I wish I never married and had a family. Had I not I wouldn't be having to deal with it now. I can't cut and run so I will be here. I'm functional and will try to do my job but I cannot say that I am in a good place at the moment. It comes and goes. I will get past this. I'm sorry if I haven't seemed myself lately.

laurie

•  

Megan.

Oh Laurie,  I'm so sorry your family can't accept you,  have a huge hug from me.
Understandable why you've been struggling; it will take time to heal,  but heal you can, and will.
Look after yourself,  reflect,  then move forward to better things and happier times. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

Rachel

I am sorry Laurie. I know it is very difficult and it hurts.

At group last week 3 woman came out to their families. It was a very pain filled group last week; their pain rings home and opens old wounds. We are there to witness their pain and offer a hug and company. We all know what they are going through and the struggle. All while they struggle to be themselves and deal with their new trans-privilege. I am very sorry Laurie and wish I could be there with you to support you.

Best,
Rachel
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

davina61

Laurie darling its not been the same without you, hope you will be feeling yourself soon , VERY BIG HUGS from here. What can you say about family, feel for you.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

KathyLauren

Laurie, I can feel the pain in your words.  I am so sorry that members of your family have let you down.  That must be a terrible thing to bear.  I can't make it better for you, but here's a hug anyway:  ((())).
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Tommie_9

Quote from: Laurie on September 03, 2017, 02:42:51 PM
  I think I can say my grandchildren, son in law, and daughter are well and truly lost to me. All I get from my daughter and her husband is public character assassination and vitriol. I am obviously no longer welcome among them and I see no hope whatsoever of reconciliation. Even if I were able to detransition it would do no good as the conflict has gone far beyond my being transgender. The damage in done and past repair.
  As you can imagine I am upset by this and I think I shall be for some time. My feelings are to cut and run, isolating myself from the world. Would that I could, I'd be gone now. I wish I never married and had a family. Had I not I wouldn't be having to deal with it now. I can't cut and run so I will be here. I'm functional and will try to do my job but I cannot say that I am in a good place at the moment. It comes and goes. I will get past this. I'm sorry if I haven't seemed myself lately.

Laurie,

You are loved, girl! Give them time. They loved you before, and they will love you again. It's painful I know. I've felt it, too. Connect to infinite love that is there for you. Much, much love your way!

Tommie

laurie
Finding 'self' is the first step toward becoming 'self'. Every step is part of a journey. May your journey lead to happiness. Peace!
  •  

Michelle_P

Laurie, I'm so sad to read that this happened. We love and accept our children and those that they bind to their lives, and seeing that love and acceptance discarded, and a terrible cold response in exchange is a terrible thing.

This is nothing that you've done, simply a refusal by them to accept and honor your revealing your innermost self.   Perhaps, in time, they may grow to understand and accept you, but there's no need for you to retreat from yourself to appease them, as I see so many try to do. 

We all have regrets for the past, things we wish we had done differently, but the past is immutable, and worry about the past is a fruitless way to squander our energy.   The best we can do is learn from it and find our path forward to future joy and peace.

Be well, Laurie.  Know that others do care for you.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Laurie, I'm sorry that you are going though such a hard time. We all lose things transitioning, you're not alone. We will be here whenever you need to talk.

Sending hugs and positive vibes your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Tessa James

Hey Laurie,

Tough beans girlfriend!  That rejection stuff is mean to da bone.  I am here for you and not far away.  Come on out and take a break from the heat while we walk the beaches.....you know the way to do a mini road trip 

Love and hugs....
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Laurie

Why do I cry when i see someone else is happy? It isn't a new thing, I've done it for a long time now. But is it is occurring more often. I think I'm broke.

•  

Tommie_9

Quote from: Laurie on September 04, 2017, 10:43:13 PM
Why do I cry when i see someone else is happy? It isn't a new thing, I've done it for a long time now. But is it is occurring more often. I think I'm broke.

Laurie,

You are not broke. You are a special spirit. Much love and hugs your way!

Tommie
Finding 'self' is the first step toward becoming 'self'. Every step is part of a journey. May your journey lead to happiness. Peace!
  •  

Laurie

Thank You Tommie, and everyone else that try to make me feel better. But I really feel broken inside. There's something wrong. I'm happy for whoever it is I hear or read about, really I am but at the same time it hurts, I want to know why I can't have love and happiness too. Like I'm being punished or don't deserve it. All i have ever wanted in this world is gone. I've ruined it and chased it away. I'm broken, I cry, and sometimes it's hard to keep it bottled up inside. I think wtf am I doing and who do I think I'm kidding? This transition is going to end the same way. Some how I'll screw it up too.

Edit:  I deleted this after I took a nap, then found out it took 7 other posts from this thread with it. So I retrieved them which of course brought this one back too. I left it alone for a while then decided to explain it a little.

The above is how I have been feeling lately. It comes and goes. The above was one of my lower times. Usually I feel about like I do at the moment. I still feel off and broken but I have it under control. I tried to delete it because I was embarrassed by it after my nap. After retrieving it I said to heck with it, let them see it, it is me and how I am feeling. So there it is. I'm also not thinking completely  straight at times. I can't say I'm sleeping particularly well as my body is in control of that while my head is else where. I'm here at the computer until I'm beginning to doze at the keyboard then I take what is usually a nap. How long I sleep is up to my body but it is usually only a couple hours and then I'm up again. I try to keep busy to keep my own problem at bay. It doesn't always work because many times what I read can bring my problems back into focus.
  I'm sorry folks. I really don't want to be sharing this with  anyone else. I'd rather not think of it at all, I want to put my problems in a box and shove it in a dark corner and forget about it. I no longer drink or do drugs but both have been in my mind recently. I want to become numb, I want to forget. I almost want to go to sleep and not wake up. I can't do any of those, so I continue trying to put it away and carry on.

•