Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

In the automotive field GT stands for Gran Tourismo or Grand Tour - done with great style. 
Laurie you certainly have done that, coast to coast and back.  Have a great GT visit. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Kendra on September 11, 2017, 03:40:44 PM
In the automotive field GT stands for Gran Tourismo or Grand Tour - done with great style. 
Laurie you certainly have done that, coast to coast and back.  Have a great GT visit.

Ahhh Yes, the GT I remember was America's first muscle car and was  built in 1964 Oh!, didn't I tell you what it was? It was the gran turismo omologato It was Created By DeLorean. He took a Pontiac Tempest LeMans and dropped a 389ci V8 Bonneville engine into it. Behold the Pontiac GTO was born.  That era had many sure great muscle cars. One of them was the Ford Mustang pony car, it was the ONLY Ford I have ever wanted to own.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Kendra

The early Pontiac GTO was a great car.  The first car named GTO was a couple years before that by a company in Italy, the founder's first name was Enzo. 

We girls can be gearheads too.  Davina has proven that.

Have a great Gender Therapist Omologato visit tomorrow! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Someone got confuse with all the car talk (like that talk show btw) My appointment was well yesterday now.
next one is about 2 weeks from now.

Hugs,
   Laurie

A '57 Chevy was the one I really wanted. I had a friend in high school who had one. It was the first engine I overhauled. I had an after market oil filter on it consisting on a  circular can with a pipe/ bolt running though it and had holes in the pipe inside the can where the oil went through. In a pinch a roll of toilet paper could be used for the element.. We didn't get it tight and about half the oil wound up on the floor the first time we started it up after the overhaul.

•  

Gertrude

My favorite car is a 1970 442 W-30. Can't touch them now without a mortgage payment. When I was in HS, a friend's older brother was selling one for $1500. I could afford that now, but not then. I've r&r'd about everything one can on a car. It's just a bit harder to get under a car than it used to, as well as being bent over the engine. Hopefully losing weight will help. In some ways it already has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

Yesterday was a good day though I did fall asleep at the keyboard in the afternoon. It happened without warning. No yawn, droopy eyelids, nothing I was just sitting here and woke up about 15 minutes or so later. It was a bit weird as I've never done it like that. Not even many years ago when I was dead tired after having stayed up for days with drugs and alcohol. Even then like I said I was virtually sleep walking anyway. This was nothing like that. One minute I was okay and the next I was waking up. Last night was a good night. I went to bed just before midnight and slept through to past 6:30 this morning. I woke feeling good and well rested for once. For the last couple weeks I had been up most of the night here online, going to bed anywhere between 3 and 4:30 in the morning and getting up  a bit after 7 after broken fitful sleeps. Then sometime in the early taking an hour or two nap, sometimes two of them in a day.
  Last night was a nice change. Today has also been a good day. I can't say it was really different from my usual days but for some reason it was a good day. I didn't even feel the need for a nap.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Rayna

I'm glad you got a good night's sleep! Makes a huge difference.

We've found that the blue light of monitors is disruptive after about 8pm, and put on software that changes the color palette automagically for you. We use f.lux but there are many choices.

Also avoid exciting or upsetting topics for a couple hours before bed. Maybe Moni has to get quarantined lol.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Kendra

•  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on September 13, 2017, 11:26:31 PM
I'm glad you got a good night's sleep! Makes a huge difference.

We've found that the blue light of monitors is disruptive after about 8pm, and put on software that changes the color palette automagically for you. We use f.lux but there are many choices.

Also avoid exciting or upsetting topics for a couple hours before bed. Maybe Moni has to get quarantined lol.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Hi Randy,
  Hope you two are doing good. I'm going to have to think about dropping in for another of your meatless meals to get that picture of us we missed..
  Thanks for the suggestions but those wouldn't have helped. I had a but of a rough spot recently but I seem to be out of it  at least for awhile.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Morning folks,

I guess one good night's sleep was all I needed. Last night was pretty much the opposite. I went to bed just after midnight and woke up from a fitful sleep by a nightmare ( some hateful was person stalking me and attempting to kill me ) before 3:30, heart racing, nose stuffed and dry mouth from breathing through it. Got a drink of room temp water (yuck) and after a potty break tried to go back to sleep. I maybe got 15-20 minutes and was awake again. It's now after 4 and no sleep in sight I turned on the TV and watched it until almost 5. Turned it off and went to sleep again only to wake a bout 6:30 again. (this my friends is pretty much a normal night for me) I saw my sister was up so I got up again dressed and went to get coffee. ARRRG there's none to be had. The coffee is all ready to go but not brewing. Yep, it's broke heating element isn't heating. So I had to get my hair on and go out to my pickup to get my single cup coffee maker and make a cup for my sister and then one for myself. I guess I'm going shopping for a coffee maker today. sigh.  Now it 8:30 and I haven't sorted my daily pills yet. taken my blood sugar, blood pressure readings or my insulin shot. Nor have I started my break...errr brunch yet. But I have had coffee! :-)

Well I guess I better get to getting.

The day should begin to improve.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Georgette

Hello Laurie and all,

Have been reading all of the good times. 
Laurie I'm sure you will weather all these problems.
I have been my wild and late nights same.  Some nights just 3-4 hrs sleep.  At my age figure I can catch up when I'm dead, Or can't physically do it anymore.

Celebrated my 40 year anniversary of my SRS last night with a few friends, Actually we were out in town for the local clubs Drag Bingo 10th anniversary.  Nothing much, just another footnote in my life.

Went to my first Therapy session.  Never put much stock in the Psychotherapy game, But it seems all the rage among friends.  Thought I would get some new thoughts on my sex/intimacy/relationship and general moody problems.

AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•  

Laurie

Hi Georgette,
40 years, WoW such a long time. Congratulations and have a drink for me. How you keep up week after week is almost amazing. May you go many, many more years in this same vein. I can't picture  you not doing it.
  Yes I know about the short nights and fitful sleep. That is what I meant by last night's sleep being pretty much normal. I am used to my sleep being a series of naps but I usually get more hours over all. But it is sure nice when I do get a good night's sleep. What's not usual is when I'm feeling so low I don't want sleep or if I try the squirrels are running loose in my head and won't let me. That happens more than I'd like. Hopefully I've put this last one aside now. I haven't feel this hurt since I got divorced, lost my long time job, and had my dad die all within 6 months. That took me over 2 years to recover from. Hopefully losing my daughter and grand kids isn't going to take be there or last as long. Note that I said put it aside instead of being over it. I'm not, I'm sure I'll need to revisit it yet again. But for now I am okay and in much better spirits.
   Anyway Lady You just go have your celebration and party hearty lady!

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Well young Lauriedoodles you realise you should be counting sheep not squirrels before sleepy bye's ;) And watch out for the caffeine monster before snuggling down.
Glad to here you're feeling a little better about things and no late night interwebs keeping us girls in check. Speaking of late nights it's nearly midnight here so I'll wish you good night. Have a lovely day :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on September 14, 2017, 05:59:48 PM
Well young Lauriedoodles you realise you should be counting sheep not squirrels before sleepy bye's ;) And watch out for the caffeine monster before snuggling down.
Glad to here you're feeling a little better about things and no late night interwebs keeping us girls in check. Speaking of late nights it's nearly midnight here so I'll wish you good night. Have a lovely day :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

Thanks Sadie,

Coffee is a morning item for me not an evening indulgence. I don't care for lamb so I'm not about to start counting them. the squirrels i suspect were a plant by That Woman to torment me and it works. (She'll get hers one of these days)
   Sweet dreams Sadie.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Laurie on September 14, 2017, 07:54:33 PM
  Thanks Sadie,

Coffee is a morning item for me not an evening indulgence. I don't care for lamb so I'm not about to start counting them. the squirrels i suspect were a plant by That Woman to torment me and it works. (She'll get hers one of these days)
   Sweet dreams Sadie.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Oh boy, I'm getting a delivery of squirrels? Luarie, the secret is you must take your squirrels to yoga class, it really calms them. So, how many do I get? Harvey will be so pleased. Could I get the flying kind?
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on September 16, 2017, 01:44:14 PM
Oh boy, I'm getting a delivery of squirrels? Luarie, the secret is you must take your squirrels to yoga class, it really calms them. So, how many do I get? Harvey will be so pleased. Could I get the flying kind?
Moni

Actually Mwwwaaney, It's just one. and It is the flying kind I believe his name is Rocket J and is supposed to come with a whole menagerie of friends I hear his sidekick is a moose and goes everywhere he does. Harvey will have lots of new friends. I'm sure they will give you hour and hours of fune in the stark white padded room you are currently staying in. (or does it just feel like your are?)
  Enjoy your new friends, hun.

Hugs,
   Laurie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rocky_the_flying_squirrel.jpg

•  

Georgette

Quote from: Laurie on September 14, 2017, 05:01:41 PM
40 years, WoW such a long time. Congratulations and have a drink for me. How you keep up week after week is almost amazing. May you go many, many more years in this same vein. I can't picture you not doing it.

Yes I know about the short nights and fitful sleep. That is what I meant by last night's sleep being pretty much normal. I am used to my sleep being a series of naps but I usually get more hours over all.
   Anyway Lady You just go have your celebration and party hearty lady

Thank You Laurie,
At times 40 years seem like where did all the time go, Other times it seems like such a Loooong time, I tell people when you re-count your life in Decades it seems weird.
I spent so many of those years just living a boring but normal life just blending in at work and with family and my partner.  After she died and being retired is when I re-evaluated my life, I am now having all my fun again, In my 20s-30s I was pretty much a girly girl, So I am doing that again, I have so many friends in the local LGBT community.

I can usually get 3-4 hours of straight sleep, Get up to Go, And than back to bed and nap on/off.
My problem is trying to turn my brain off.

Hugs
Georgette
AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Georgette on September 17, 2017, 03:30:25 PM
Thank You Laurie,
At times 40 years seem like where did all the time go, Other times it seems like such a Loooong time, I tell people when you re-count your life in Decades it seems weird.
I spent so many of those years just living a boring but normal life just blending in at work and with family and my partner.  After she died and being retired is when I re-evaluated my life, I am now having all my fun again, In my 20s-30s I was pretty much a girly girl, So I am doing that again, I have so many friends in the local LGBT community.

I can usually get 3-4 hours of straight sleep, Get up to Go, And than back to bed and nap on/off.
My problem is trying to turn my brain off.

Hugs
Georgette

Hi Georgette,

Oh yes, I do know that weirdness of looking back over decades of living. When I was a kid I swore I wouldn't live past 35. 35 was so old from that point of view and now in a few more year, should I live that long it will only be half a lifetime. My regrets is having had to live it thinking and feeling I was something perverted and wrong because of my secret life. Later as I grew up, I became angry, insecure, out of place socially and still wrong. I never equated my anger and insecurities to gender issues. It colored my life in ways I didn't understand and led me into trying to escape my problems through drugs and alcohol. I'm sure it affects me still today. I am still largely an loner and an introvert though you can't tell it by my online presence. I am still mostly antisocial though that may be my fear of letting others be a part of my life as I wanted no one to get too close to me. I still have few real life friends because having friends hurt because I do not know how to handle compassion, caring, and love from others and I fail at keeping them out when I am hurting.. Yeah I guess I'm still broke as just talking about this is making me cry. With these dang hormones it is getting harder to keep these thoughts put away. That's another thing I do, put the things that hurt away where they can ignore them. But they are like damn ants, they keep coming back through another crack. I feel like I am running out of putty and bug spray. See what I mean? How did I get here by responding to you Georgette? Hell if I know but here I am again. Sorry. Time to grab the putty and bug spray again.

Laurie

•  

Anne Blake

Hey Laurie,

You can rant and rage and be down on yourself all you want, just remember that I love you girl!

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on September 17, 2017, 04:43:48 PM
Hey Laurie,

You can rant and rage and be down on yourself all you want, just remember that I love you girl!

Tia Anne

Thanks Tia, I really don't know where that came from. This morning I just seem to be up and down. lol I was okay a moment ago and now there a tear track on my cheek and I just don't know why. Sometimes I just feel so messed up. never mind me, I'm okay.
sorry