Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne Blake

There is no need for sorries or apologies, I know just where you are coming from, we are sisters after all. We all have tear tracks and we all know where they come from it is really all ok! Just accept that you are a neat lady we all love or I will sick "That Woman" on you and you know what that means.
  •  

p

Just dropping by to say hi! I have found a little bit of meditation works wonders for my mental state when I remember to do it. I know there are many opinions on how to do it best, but I honestly think just sitting in a normal chair, you don't even have to close your eyes, but just focus on taking nice deep breaths and letting go of your thoughts. I like to imagine that I just notice my thoughts as though they are floating leaves on a passing stream instead of engaging with / exploring the thoughts. This has been helpful with my family member still in the hospital :(. Definitely have been finding out first-hand that the tears come much more easily than they used to! Love and miss ya, girl!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Hey Patti,

Thanks for stopping by. You know I love to see you here. I'm sorry to her your family is still having problems. Good vibe and a prayer for them and you.
  I've never bee able to do that meditation thing and don't think I can be hypnotized either as my head never clears. Them damn squirrels crawled in the when I was younger and generations of them have come and gone.  The best I can do is distraction with some other noise. To sleep I use audiobooks to keep them at bay. I think they like the stories too because it does seem to quiet then long enough for me to fall asleep.

You take care of yourself Patti. How is your HRT coming along. You already mentioned the ease of tears. (I know that one all too well) Is there any other developments with it?  You need to keep in touch girl.

Hugs,
   Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

p

HRT is going well! I have been on my increased dose for about a month. Seeing some good breast development, and I'm hoping that I will be able to increase to my doc's max dose soon and will see even more progress in that department. I'm also loving the new fat distribution pattern I am seeing--face looking a bit fuller and rest of body softening a bit. It feels like magic.

I hope you'll just try the meditation for 2 minutes some day. It really can be quite relaxing. And you don't have to clear your mind, either. I think this article does a nice job explaining some of the benefits: https://zenhabits.net/meditation-guide/

After all, what would this thread be without someone pestering you to do something you don't want to do ?!?! I think the challenge has been taken out of the m-word now that you are full-time, so now I am going squirrel hunting!  ;) :-*

Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Thanks Patty, I may try it but no promises. So the M word has lost it's edge with me now so you are introducing another?? What is this obsession with hunting these days anyway? ;D ;D :icon_2gun: :icon_yikes:

I went to lie down last night before 8pm, after having taken 4 aspirin by that time for a headache and not being able to concentrate on the posts I was trying to read. I fell asleep  and in a series of naps I didn't get up until after 7 this morning. No headache atm just a feeling of thick headedness now. You know the feeling something like sluggish thoughts and feeling as if there's a headache lurking there somewhere but not yet ready to make you miserable. Oh well it ain't here yet.

Laurie

•  

davina61

I hope the earth quake wasn't you head ache returning , have you tried filter glasses for computer screens. saw some in shop the other day and they are readers .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Sarah_P

If you use Windows 10 (and it's up to date) there's a Night Light mode that makes the screen much easier on the eyes. That might help?
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Thanks for the ideas but I'm sure I can rule out the screens a a cause. I've lived with computer screens long enough (more than 45 years) to be pretty sure they are not giving me headaches. I'll admit starring at them long enough that it takes awhile to see straight when I get away from them, but they've never been the cause for my headaches.

Laurie

•  

Laurie

I'm still dealing with headaches off and on but they aren't severe just annoying and that thick headed feeling. Aspirin and naps seem to help some. Perhaps it's a result of that word I don't believe in.. stress though I do not feel stressed.

I've been talking with my favorite antagonist about something I read in my therapists reports from the last two visits. In them he stated I am depressed. I contended with my devil's advocate that "yes I had been depressed but I wasn't any longer." The subject has come up in various conversations since I told her, usually where I've complained about one thing or another. After a few of her pointed questions she throws out, "well, could it be your therapist might be right?" Early this morning I had to admit to her that maybe my therapist is right. But if he is, I've been depressed a very long time as I do not think I have ever gotten over my divorce and that was over twenty years ago. This recent turmoil with my daughter and her husband has just brought it back to the surface again and added to it. It is still bothering me. I'm not happy. I see it in my posts. It sneaks into them and I've scrapped whole replies to threads because I didn't like the tone of what I typed. I don't like where my head is at, it's probably not healthy. lol  Instead of a gender therapist, maybe I should be talking to a regular shrink.

Moving on, I  have been noticing something I think is weird. I am going through periods of being uncomfortably warm and open my door to the outside to let cooler air in and after awhile I close it again when I've cooled down. Now, I love being warm, but it seems to be me and not the room temperature as the temperature is at a level I usually find comfortable which is warm for others that come visit. Visitors usually complain I keep it too hot and this isn't even on what I consider the warmer side of my usual temp range.
  Could it have something to do with my estradiol? I usually take my last dose around 9-10 pm and then I don't take another until around noon. It's been happening in the mornings before my next dose. I take  3 doses during the day.
I don't sweat or anything like that just feels uncomfortably warm. It just strikes me as weird.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on September 21, 2017, 01:29:10 PM
  I'm still dealing with headaches off and on but they aren't severe just annoying and that thick headed feeling. Aspirin and naps seem to help some. Perhaps it's a result of that word I don't believe in.. stress though I do not feel stressed.

I've been talking with my favorite antagonist about something I read in my therapists reports from the last two visits. In them he stated I am depressed. I contended with my devil's advocate that "yes I had been depressed but I wasn't any longer." The subject has come up in various conversations since I told her, usually where I've complained about one thing or another. After a few of her pointed questions she throws out, "well, could it be your therapist might be right?" Early this morning I had to admit to her that maybe my therapist is right. But if he is, I've been depressed a very long time as I do not think I have ever gotten over my divorce and that was over twenty years ago. This recent turmoil with my daughter and her husband has just brought it back to the surface again and added to it. It is still bothering me. I'm not happy. I see it in my posts. It sneaks into them and I've scrapped whole replies to threads because I didn't like the tone of what I typed. I don't like where my head is at, it's probably not healthy. lol  Instead of a gender therapist, maybe I should be talking to a regular shrink.

Moving on, I  have been noticing something I think is weird. I am going through periods of being uncomfortably warm and open my door to the outside to let cooler air in and after awhile I close it again when I've cooled down. Now, I love being warm, but it seems to be me and not the room temperature as the temperature is at a level I usually find comfortable which is warm for others that come visit. Visitors usually complain I keep it too hot and this isn't even on what I consider the warmer side of my usual temp range.
  Could it have something to do with my estradiol? I usually take my last dose around 9-10 pm and then I don't take another until around noon. It's been happening in the mornings before my next dose. I take  3 doses during the day.
I don't sweat or anything like that just feels uncomfortably warm. It just strikes me as weird.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I think it could be your hrt. My temperature was always pretty steady before hrt. Now it can be all over the place. I notice that in the summer when I do strenuous stuff I get hot easily. But then at night when I'm just watching TV I get a little cold from the A/C. In the winter forget it! I used to have a high tolerance for cold but now I get totally cold very easy in the winter. It doesn't matter how warm I dress, sometimes I still feel cold. It's weird. If someone is sitting close I find myself moving closer to them trying to suck up their body heat. My brother always tells me he's not a personal space heater. It's weird how hrt seems to mess with your internal thermostat.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

davina61

Hot flushes then, hormones taking over!!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on September 21, 2017, 02:15:37 PM
Hot flushes then, hormones taking over!!!!!

Julia,

I think you are just a cuddler.

Davina,

I'm not too sure about that  as it isn't as bad as my sister has described of her menopause if that's what you are thinking of.

Laurie

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on September 21, 2017, 02:44:52 PM
Julia,

I think you are just a cuddler.

Davina,

I'm not too sure about that  as it isn't as bad as my sister has described of her menopause if that's what you are thinking of.

Laurie

I definitely am. But Tyler  just gives off a lot of body heat. When he isn't talking it must be all that hot air building up inside him. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 21, 2017, 02:48:53 PM
I definitely am. But Tyler  just gives off a lot of body heat. When he isn't talking it must be all that hot air building up inside him. Lol

That's what you get for having a "hot" Aussie boyfriend  ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

amandam

Hmmm, never knew HRT could affect someone like that. I am always hot to the touch, according to my wife. I don't feel it personally, but I am not bothered by the cold.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: amandam on September 22, 2017, 12:56:47 AM
Hmmm, never knew HRT could affect someone like that. I am always hot to the touch, according to my wife. I don't feel it personally, but I am not bothered by the cold.

Hi Amanda,

I'm glad to see you still here and still wanting to be a girl. 

I don't know that what I'm noticing has anything to do with HRT. I just threw that out there because it's something new to me and I haven't an explanation for it. I've been fine all day again and took my last dose a little bit ago so we'll see if the sensation returns in the morning  again or if it's just me and my imagination. It's probably just me.

•  

Laurie

Hi everyone,

Today has been an okay day, neither happy nor sad, just kind of blah. Nothing scheduled until Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday then I'm done for the month. Perhaps I'll go for a ride tomorrow since it isn't supposed to rain. Perhaps I'll head to the coast or south towards Corvallis or Eugene. Perhaps not. Just paid my car insurance for 6 months so maybe I'll just stay home and nap the day away. In other words I haven't a clue what I'll do but I am getting restless.
  Oh well I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on September 22, 2017, 01:21:04 AM
Perhaps I'll go for a ride tomorrow since it isn't supposed to rain... In other words I haven't a clue what I'll do but I am getting restless.

The weather's starting to get nice in Florida [emoji851]

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Laurie on September 22, 2017, 01:21:04 AM
In other words I haven't a clue what I'll do but I am getting restless.

Take cover everyone,  you could be next!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 22, 2017, 01:24:34 AM
The weather's starting to get nice in Florida [emoji851]

Steph

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 22, 2017, 01:43:04 AM
Take cover everyone,  you could be next!

Florida is safe I'm still trying to recoup from my last long trek an  triple and car insurance this month hasn't helped. So it would need to be fairly local. Say withing a tank to get  there and one to get back. So anyone over 400 miles max is safe.

Meagan:

Shhhh you're scaring my prey.

Hugs,
  Laurie