Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

The mind is a powerful thing.  All our sensations and senses, perception and knowledge get smooshed through this thing between our ears (ok so I'm obviously not a neurosurgeon).  Chemicals and electricity and stuff yakkin at all those neurons.  Add to that our unique backgrounds, desires and future.  Now I sound like I am rambling... what I'm trying to say is Laurie there are so many variables and at least now with the right professionals and your support network (here) I do think you have nicer days ahead.  Gradually.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Laurie;

I was very happy to read that you are getting the details of your Zoloft dosing tweaked in.  That is something that has been immensely helpful to someone close to me, in feeling better and being able to function well on that medication.

Once we can think straight, even with chemical aid, it becomes possible to think about stuff, from the trivial to ourselves, our past, about our path through life, and our goals.  I hope you will find some good guidance in this from your therapist, and I very much hope you will find clarity for yourself and your way forward.

I hope to meet you someday.  We can compare notes.

Michelle P.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Michelle,
  I am as happy as I can be about you successful surgery and your return home. I was thinking of visiting you in between appointments this time but have once again put it off. I think it is probably too soon in your recovery for visitors and will wait until you are once again able to implement some of those defenses you purport to have in place. At the moment you are too much of a sitting duck and as defenseless as Mo?.. wait a minute I'll get it Mi?  no  Munnie, yeah that's it as defenseless as Munnie was when I hunted her down. She will get another chance someday but now the weather is not going to cooperate. Your day will also come, I promise you.

Thank you both Kendra and Michelle for your thoughts.

As for me, I'm finding staying up until 10 pm a challenge without a nap during the day which would be against doctor's orders. So when 10 rolls around I am tired and sleepy. Yet I still wake after  between 2-3 hours of sleep I am able to go back to sleep however fairly easily for about 30 minute to 1 hour increments after until around 3am when it become difficult and I give up and listen to my audio book or turn on the tv news doing this the last 2 days has resulted in a last sleep period of about 2 hours. After that I'm up for the day. This is resulting in about 7 hours a night of quite broken sleep. What I have referred to as a series of naps. It isn't ideal but it is better than the 4-5 hours a day I was getting between a daytime nap and sleep at night.
  Though I have to describe the last few days as good, I still struggle with finding a motive to continue. My family is all but gone. I'm continuing hrt, electrolysis, and now voice because they are already in progress. Other than that my transition is at a stand still. I feel I lack motivation or a good reason for it. I find a lifetime of problems it has caused me instead. Am I doing good? Maybe sometimes. Other times the best I can say is that I exist, I go on. I wear a mask I frequently do not feel.
  This post is an example of my thoughts. They start out good and digress from there. This happens over and over now. I can't say I like it but I also can't seem to stop it. It is like my crossdressing before I accepted it was just a part of me, something I had to do and was helpless to stop no matter how I tried. It is pervasive, subtle and sneaks out and into my thoughts often. this is not what I intended to talk about in this post but here it is. I ask your indulgence.

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

No, no indulgence granted. You are on here to talk about your feelings. I am put on this earth to give you a hard time about feeling bad about doing it. ;D So, my friend, be a little patient getting that motivation back. Rome wasn't built in a day. I know, I was there.
Ma ma ma Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Thank you Moni. Just having you post was nice and your words brought me a smile.

Love ya,
  Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on October 28, 2017, 12:32:03 PM
Michelle,
  I am as happy as I can be about you successful surgery and your return home. I was thinking of visiting you in between appointments this time but have once again put it off. I think it is probably too soon in your recovery for visitors and will wait until you are once again able to implement some of those defenses you purport to have in place. At the moment you are too much of a sitting duck and as defenseless as Mo?.. wait a minute I'll get it Mi?  no  Munnie, yeah that's it as defenseless as Munnie was when I hunted her down. She will get another chance someday but now the weather is not going to cooperate. Your day will also come, I promise you.

Laurie, you may have forgotten a few details...

1) I identify as femme lesbian with a 30% smidge of genderqueer...
2) I like Wicked Grounds... Oh, for the coffee, of course...
3) I am just now ramping up my estradiol after a long dry spell

There are... forces... at play beyond your ken. 

You might find yourself rendered helpless between my hugs and kisses, and some really neat tricks I can do with my scarves.   You DO realize that you are starting to look pretty darn cute, don't you? 

In my realm this predator/prey thing may not follow the expected roles.
[emoji79][emoji316][emoji68]‍[emoji441]

Quote from: Laurie on October 28, 2017, 12:32:03 PM
  Though I have to describe the last few days as good, I still struggle with finding a motive to continue. My family is all but gone. I'm continuing hrt, electrolysis, and now voice because they are already in progress. Other than that my transition is at a stand still. I feel I lack motivation or a good reason for it. I find a lifetime of problems it has caused me instead. Am I doing good? Maybe sometimes. Other times the best I can say is that I exist, I go on. I wear a mask I frequently do not feel.
  This post is an example of my thoughts. They start out good and digress from there. This happens over and over now. I can't say I like it but I also can't seem to stop it. It is like my crossdressing before I accepted it was just a part of me, something I had to do and was helpless to stop no matter how I tried. It is pervasive, subtle and sneaks out and into my thoughts often. this is not what I intended to talk about in this post but here it is. I ask your indulgence.

Laurie

Unfortunately this does sound familiar.  I was pretty down when I had lost my family, my home, and was thrown out a year ago.  That marks the start of my Real Life Experience.  It was not planned that way, certainly.

One thing I did early on was resolve that in spite of that lovely prediction from my ex that I would be alone, that I would find a community, find new friends, and perhaps someday build a new family.

I did this, and it has been incredibly beneficial.   

In my case, for community I sought out an open and accepting religious congregation that I thought I could be comfortable within, and aligned with my simple spiritual needs.  That was a Unitarian Universalist congregation, through connections that led back to people I had admired in my old life.

With them I had a place to go on Sundays, certainly, and I could meet and converse with people at their coffee klatches after services.  There were also social and spiritual activities.  My Thanksgiving dinner last year was with them, and many other UU members who had no family to go to.  I baked goodies for a Christmas brunch there. 

I got more involved, with their social justice activities, and found my inner activist. 

Somewhere along the line, I made friends.  Many friends, like the ones watching over me tonight.

I'm not saying you should run off and join a church or anything drastic like that, but that you keep an eye out for community groups you might participate in, with their built-in networks and potential friends. 

Just a suggestion based on what worked for me.  There are many paths...

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

p

Hi Laurie,

I know that things are still super hard right now. Have faith that you are at the beginning of a healing process. I am glad to hear that you are getting more sleep. Big hugs!!!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Today I was reflecting about how I have not been posting much on other threads. I still read a lot of them but very few do I comment on and those that I do are short and pretty neutral in content. I found that anything I am likely to say has nothing of substance. I have nothing to give. Encouragement and hopes are hollow sounding to me if I try to convey them to someone that could use it. More likely my own hopelessness comes through. This feeling I have that i have ruined and lost everything that I ever held dear haunts my thoughts. the words 'nothing else matters" go round and round in my head. I find I don't care, not really. I continue to do things that I have started because I have nothing else to do. they don't really matter to me.
   I'm no longer crying, I'm not mad or upset. Rather I am calm.  It no longer matters.
   I've had dark thoughts before but then they visited and got a voice when I was upset, emotional, having a meltdown. This was different. It was calm, calculated. I could have done it but the thought passed. It doesn't scare me I guess it wasn't time. It doesn't matter. Nothing else matters.

•  

HappyMoni

Laurie,
   Your post is very upsetting to me. I hate the idea that you are thinking this way. I know you are in a bad place right now, but you can never give in to, "It  doesn't matter, nothing matters." As much as you might be pulled in that direction, you can't allow yourself to go there. You didn't survive the crap you have gone through to just drift away. Find your new purpose, find your motivation. Get out of the house and get with people, maybe volunteer were you can make a difference. Cooperate and inform doctors of your thoughts. You need to fight and fight hard. Go through the motions at first until you believe it cause when you fight, you will get out of this. Never give in!
Love,
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

davina61

If that damp patch wasn't in the way I would come round and give you a BIG hug and drag you out some place . Now I never have enough time in the day to worry about stuff so maybe that's what you need as Mingy said get out and find friends/work / volunteer . Hang on in there , some thing always turns up
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Megan.

Laurie, I'm sending you a great big squishy hug. X
I'll only reiterate what others have said,  get out there! Transition can often mark an end to one stage in our lives,  but also the start of a new one. Grab it, make it yours, and it will bring you happiness. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on November 03, 2017, 03:07:49 PM
  Today I was reflecting about how I have not been posting much on other threads. I still read a lot of them but very few do I comment on and those that I do are short and pretty neutral in content. I found that anything I am likely to say has nothing of substance. I have nothing to give. Encouragement and hopes are hollow sounding to me if I try to convey them to someone that could use it. More likely my own hopelessness comes through. This feeling I have that i have ruined and lost everything that I ever held dear haunts my thoughts. the words 'nothing else matters" go round and round in my head. I find I don't care, not really. I continue to do things that I have started because I have nothing else to do. they don't really matter to me.

Oh dear, this sounds awfully familiar, too.  Laurie, no two ways about it, depression stinks.   And unfortunately, when depressed, reading what feels like the same tales, told over and over with small variations, from new folks and some old ones, can feel mind-numbing.

It can be worth taking a break, and doing something wildly different in life for a few days, to refresh ourselves, replace stale stimuli we are far too accustomed to with freshness and vitality.  It can be something as simple as resolving to get out of the house and walk for hours, or taking a short trip.

Chance can help us bust through depression, or at least inspire us to set it aside for a little while.

Quote from: Laurie on November 03, 2017, 03:07:49 PMI'm no longer crying, I'm not mad or upset. Rather I am calm.  It no longer matters.
   I've had dark thoughts before but then they visited and got a voice when I was upset, emotional, having a meltdown. This was different. It was calm, calculated. I could have done it but the thought passed. It doesn't scare me I guess it wasn't time. It doesn't matter. Nothing else matters.

Laurie,  there is something that matters.  YOU matter.  Others in the world know you, and care about you.  Depression is sneaky.  It digs in and makes you think that only it's primal drive matters.   It isn't real, though.

Laurie, your friends believe in you.  Never mind what depression keeps whispering to you.  We're out here, we believe in you, and we have seen the strength you have.  You are stronger than this nagging little voice trying to negate your self-worth. 

Stay calm, but above all, stay safe.  You'll get better, life will get better, and you will rediscover the true peace of living as your authentic self.

You've got my Skype and other contact info.   I'm here.    I care.

•  

Laurie

I am sorry I've worried all of you. I am okay. I do get these thoughts but they pass. I do find it hard to think that anything really matters any more. But I am still here though sometimes I wonder why. In the meanwhile I'm okay I guess.

•  

KathyLauren

Laurie, I get it that you have lost a lot, and that that hurts.  But remember that you have not lost everything.  You still have us, here on Susan's.  None of us will walk out on you.  Even if that is not much to hang on to, it is something.

Hugs.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Laurie on November 03, 2017, 07:32:40 PM
I am sorry I've worried all of you. I am okay. I do get these thoughts but they pass. I do find it hard to think that anything really matters any more. But I am still here though sometimes I wonder why. In the meanwhile I'm okay I guess.
I hear what you said here. I hope you heard what I said. No matter how your mood is, you have to FIGHT to make it better. Surrender is not an option, understand?
Moni
(With much love, of course!)

]
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: KathyLauren on November 04, 2017, 08:48:56 AM
Laurie, I get it that you have lost a lot, and that that hurts.  But remember that you have not lost everything.  You still have us, here on Susan's.  None of us will walk out on you.  Even if that is not much to hang on to, it is something.

Hugs.

Indeed. Counting the things you don't have is a wearisome exercise. Counting the things you do have, on the other hand, is a reward in itself.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

p

Hey Laurie, i can see that you are working through some emotional numbness right now. As you know, that was also a part of my battle against depression. Make sure to let your therapist know so that you can get the best care. You deserve nothing but the best, Laurie! Sending you big hugs.  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

I have started voice lessons on a weekly basis as of last Wednesday. Once again I met with my speech therapist and her trainee and again I found it a bit challenging in that the therapist reminds me of my daughter in her looks, mannerisms and in the way she expresses herself. it is not enough to stop nor will it last for too long. I haven't mentioned it but it is bothersome.
   A week from Monday I have my quarterly labs, ct scan and oncology appointments. Usually the time leading up to it is a time of building anxiety for me culminating in the verdict at my oncology visit. This time I don't seem to be feeling anxious at all. Apathy would be a better word. I don't even think I fear a revelation that it has finally returned. And yes I fully expect it to return one final time sometime. It could be this time or the next or one after but it will return. i think if it does i will view it as a relief. Am I hoping for it? I don't think I'd go that far but it could do for me what I haven't been able to do for myself. No guilt, no shame, just an end.

•  

MaryT

Please don't feel that way.  I know that you have suffered more than I can even imagine, but please want to live.  When I think of the trivial things that have made me and others want life to end, it makes me angry at them and at myself.  But I know that you have really suffered, so when you say your end would be a relief, it makes me cry.

Please value your life as much as your friends and sisters value it.
  •  

Devlyn

Beautifully said, Mary.

Laurie, life doesn't give us the caring part, it's up to each of us to make that happen.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •