Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

try redoing your shortcut
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Anne Blake on January 03, 2018, 12:51:40 PM
I have heard of painful threading stories so I just have my electrolygist continue to shape my brows so at some point they will only require trimming from time to time.
Last time I was in for a threading, I heard another lady come in ask to get her  upper lip done.  That hurt just to hear. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: TonyaW on January 05, 2018, 03:15:27 PM
Last time I was in for a threading, I heard another lady come in ask to get her  upper lip done.  That hurt just to hear. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ouch!
  •  

Laurie

Hi folks,

I have been somewhat off since my last outing to the mall. I guess sort of in a funk again by hanging out in the dark areas of my mind again. I have been sharing? no that's not right, burdening some of you with my thoughts and I thank you for listening and responding. I don't think I've let it leak out too much in the forum but I do know some has and I'm sorry for that. I am sure the antidepressant is doing something. I'm still having the same dark thoughts but without the hysterics or urgency of before, they're still there but more detached. Like looking at them from the side and without the emotions. Analytical if you will.
   I got out of my room again today for an appointment I've been waiting for since the summer. My optometry appoint for new glasses. Women's glasses. On the way in while climbing some stairs in a narrow stairwell a guy was coming down and as he approached he said "Pardon me, Ma'am". It made me smile. when I checked into the reception desk I asked if they could put a note into the system to let the others know I was going by Laurie now. The lady said she would see if she could and I went on back to wait. It wasn't long and the exam tech come out and called Leonard W****** so I got up and went with her telling her I go by Laurie now. Exam done, prescription entered and I have number 43 for the frames folk who submit the orders. I walk out and look at the board and 43 id there. The door is open and there is a woman there saying goodbye to her client. I walk up and ask her if they were ready for 43. She says Yes and are you W***** ? I say yes the is me and I go bye Laurie now and averted another call for Leonard. We talk about the kind of lenses I'd like and then she asks if I was wanting to pick out some more feminine frames. I say yes I've been waiting to get my first woman's glasses and she she me to the woman's frame display. after a bit she come over to ask if I've decided on a pair. I said I kinda like a wire smaller rectangular pair with a metallic reddish purple coloring to them mostly noticeable on the earpieces and show then to her. She then shows me another pair a bit larger in the lens they are sort of a bronze but she tells me they come in the other color that I like too. So I try them both on and they both look good and I like them both, So I ask her which ones she thinks look best on me and she says she liked the larger ones so that is what I picked. And we go sit again so she can take measurements and puts the order together and enters it and prints the prescription out for me so I can order some sunglasses elsewhere if I want. This should have been one of Stephanie and Cassie's "squeeeeeee" moments but it wasn't. I was pleased to be getting them, yes and I was happy about it I guess but no squeeeee. I'm not much of a squeeer anyway, never have been. As I went to check out I got the same lady at the desk and she still had my info in front of her and she told me they were still look to see if there was some way to get my preferred name put into their system and had ever got their manager involved. Oh well maybe next time.
  So in 2 - 3 weeks I will have my new glasses.  Next outing is Thursday for more facial torture. Christina know who I am there.
  It's bedtime. Good night girls and boys and everyone in between. Love ya.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Jeepers Laurie's getting new peepers ;D Glasses can make a huge difference in framing your face, enjoy your new look when they arrive.

I'm also having numerous bureaucratic name issues. Even my doc. called me ****** the last time I saw him and then quickly stumbled to Sadie after realising his faux pas. He's a lovely man though and we both smiled as I left the room.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

DawnOday

When I went to see Dr. Lightbody at Kaiser he asked what name I wanted to go by. It has been listed on my medical record since my first visit. Of course my male name was Don and now I am Dawn so it isn't so hard. Like recognizing someone is talking to me. I mean, if I chose a name like say "Kate" I may not know who you are talking about. I just went to visit Dr, yesterday and I felt like I was in Cheers. Where everybody knows your name. I used to be Mr. B but now I'm just Dawn.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Roll

My therapist slipped and called me male name. Not a huge deal to me at this point, and actually took me a minute to notice, but at the same time that I did notice at all says something is really starting to change with how I feel about that. (Was over e-mail though, and my e-mails are still sent under male name, so probably why.)

I'm jealous of your new glasses! I can't afford new frames right now, but I desperately want to ditch my current ones. They are overwhelming male in a weird rare example of overcompensation on my part. (I put a ton of gender neutral frames back because I thought they looked too feminine. I mean, they were also a little hipstery which isn't my thing, but the gender was the main thing.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 10, 2018, 10:46:42 AM
My therapist slipped and called me male name. Not a huge deal to me at this point, and actually took me a minute to notice, but at the same time that I did notice at all says something is really starting to change with how I feel about that. (Was over e-mail though, and my e-mails are still sent under male name, so probably why.)

I'm jealous of your new glasses! I can't afford new frames right now, but I desperately want to ditch my current ones. They are overwhelming male in a weird rare example of overcompensation on my part. (I put a ton of gender neutral frames back because I thought they looked too feminine. I mean, they were also a little hipstery which isn't my thing, but the gender was the main thing.)

Now that you mentioned glasses, I have to start thinking of my new style and color and what's best to compliment clothes. 

A hundred years ago when in Marine boot camp I was told I'd have to wear glasses and they issued some horrid plastic glasses that we had a nickname for.  It took me two years of haggling to finally get aviator or flight glasses issued and have worn that style over 40 years.  Now I've seen some women wearing aviator style glasses and to me they always looked sexy.  Guess I'll have wait until I see what the goddess HRT give me first :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Laurie, Ellie; I'd like to suggest Zenni Optical as a good place to get glasses.  It's a mail order company, but once you have your prescription and pupillary distance (distance between eye centers in millimeters), you can get glasses pretty cheap.  OK, really cheap.  My daily outdoor/driving glasses do not have the progressive lenses or similar options, just a frame, basic lens, and a protective coating.  My total cost was under $20 US.

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/plastic-full-rim-frame-with-spring-hinges/2681?skuId=268118

They show the frame price.  Then you can go through the process to pick the lens material, coatings including tints, and get a final price.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on January 10, 2018, 11:09:53 AM
Laurie, Ellie; I'd like to suggest Zenni Optical as a good place to get glasses.  It's a mail order company, but once you have your prescription and pupillary distance (distance between eye centers in millimeters), you can get glasses pretty cheap.  OK, really cheap.  My daily outdoor/driving glasses do not have the progressive lenses or similar options, just a frame, basic lens, and a protective coating.  My total cost was under $20 US.

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/plastic-full-rim-frame-with-spring-hinges/2681?skuId=268118

They show the frame price.  Then you can go through the process to pick the lens material, coatings including tints, and get a final price.

Wow, that's awesome.  Thanks for the intel, I mean info :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

p

I think your squeee moment will come when you try on your new glasses, Laurie! I am glad to hear that your negative thoughts are becoming less urgent and more detached. It does seem like with time the medicine and therapy are working. I am so glad that you are sticking with the program. I am really starting to miss you, girl--any chance you'll road trip over here come spring? Lots of love!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Laurie,

Don't make me come there and return one of your slaps! There is to be no apologising for sharing how you feel with your friends. If you are in a funk and need to let it out, we are here and willing to listen. Got it!!!

Now that I have that out of the way, being able to look at your emotions in a detached fashion is a really good thing. You don't get absorbed into those emotions when you can view them in that way. Getting absorbed and pulled into the vortex created by negative thoughts and emotions tends to be a self feeding cycle that is difficult to pull yourself out from. Congratulations on being able to make that progress. The dark thoughts will still come and go, but over time they will become less frequent until they are nothing more than an occasional nuisance.

Getting your new glasses will be exciting. As Sadie said, the glasses can make a very big difference to your look. Please show us a photo with your glasses when you get them.

Jayne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 10, 2018, 04:36:29 PM
Hi Laurie,

Don't make me come there and return one of your slaps! There is to be no apologising for sharing how you feel with your friends. If you are in a funk and need to let it out, we are here and willing to listen. Got it!!!

Jayne

Be assured ladies she does get a few virtual slaps from me when she does this kind of thing...imagine the scene out of Flying High...I am first in line carrying a virtual paddle to belt some bums when needed....and Laurie is no exception...Now, has she let Steph down off the fridge yet!!
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: ElizabethK on January 10, 2018, 04:49:02 PM
Be assured ladies she does get a few virtual slaps from me when she does this kind of thing...imagine the scene out of Flying High...I am first in line carrying a virtual paddle to belt some bums when needed....and Laurie is no exception...Now, has she let Steph down off the fridge yet!!
That good to know Liz. If she is willing do hand out slaps, she should also be prepared to get some back when she misbehaves.

Yes, Steph is down off the fridge. She found some chocolate up there and was on a sugar high.

Jayne
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: ElizabethK on January 10, 2018, 04:49:02 PM
I am first in line carrying a virtual paddle to belt some bums when needed....and Laurie is no exception...Now, has she let Steph down off the fridge yet!!

Oh, promises, promises...  First Laurie and now you...

My bum does appear to be a bigger target these days.  This skirt is giving me a heck of a time...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on January 10, 2018, 06:18:42 PM
Oh, promises, promises...  First Laurie and now you...

My bum does appear to be a bigger target these days.  This skirt is giving me a heck of a time...

Oh Michelle! I was talking about Laurie when it comes to bum smacking but you are more than welcome to join in...although I am not really that kind of girl...I guess for you, I would make an exception >:-)   ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

I just read through all your responses and I was surprised by those who see my feeling kind of detached with my dark thoughts is a good thing. I sort of thought of it as pretty much the opposite. But you could be right I suppose. It sure as heck wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.
    The glasses will certainly help making my fat face look a little bit better. More than that they will make me feel a little better. I have been wanting and tempted to get women's glasses for so many years that it isn't funny. These are without a doubt a woman's glasses, No guy would wear this color. They are not too feminine from the front as the color is harder to discern but looking at the ear pieces you can see the color plainly. And yes I will post a picture showing how they look on and may even change my avatar if I can get a good picture.
   Michelle, I remembered your last post where you mentioned Zenni and the need for pupil distance so I specifically asked that it be included on my prescription printout. I didn't remember the company though. The lady helping me  did mention Zenni as a good online source. She said she has had some bring glasses in from Zenni to have the prescription checked and they were right on. These are the grey tinting lenses that change with the different light levels. But I've said before I want to get a pair of big sunglasses too.
  My dear Patti, still my number one fan. Love ya girl. Heck I love all of ya I think. Anyway, road trip, I may be up for a short one fairly soon. Probably south. I've said I'd go visit that diminutive one in Florida. I have a feeling if I do that I'll need to begin another road trip thread or a sequel to the first. Where I may go on it is anybody's guess. I surely don't know. I think it would be another marathon trip again though. But at this point I don't know if I'm going anywhere anytime soon.
  Shy, I am so glad to see you come back. Yes, I've missed you here.
  Ellie you will get your glasses eventually and even if you have to wait,girl you won't have had to wait as long as I did.
  Dawn, Kaiser is a bit different than dealing with the government. All my medical is from the VA.
  Cali, the Navy had the same glasses. I had them too.
  Jayne, are you trying for yet another smack? Those were custom slaps made just for you and they were gifts so they are not returnable.
   As for Liz, She doesn't get off scott free. I give her a piece of my mind when she needs it. But much more of the times she it the one receiving my crap and calling me on it. She gets much much more of my down time than I share here. She deserves your sympathy and my thanks, even though she talks funny.
  Today hasn't been a bad day.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on January 10, 2018, 09:21:12 PM
Anyway, road trip, I may be up for a short one fairly soon. Probably south. I've said I'd go visit that diminutive one in Florida.

!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

!!!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Hey! Careful what you say about Liz talking funny. Sure she originated from the other side of the ditch, but has been living in the big land down under long enough to be considered an Aussie. We don't talk funny down here. We have no accent, everyone else has an accent. [emoji41]

As for being detached from the dark thoughts. When I learnt how to see myself in that detached fashion was the moment I was able to stop getting deeply depressed. I could sense myself heading down that slippery slope, usually brought on by some kind of random dark thought. I would then make a conscious effort to detach myself from those thoughts almost as if I was witnessing someone else's experience. That would allow me to maintain a rational thought process without getting consumed by depression. It has changed my whole outlook on life and allowed me to enjoy being alive. My journey to becoming Jayne is now an enjoyable process instead of being something I am forced to endure.

And now let's talk about these slaps. I admit that I needed a slap from time to time and have even requested a slap once to knock some sense into me. I would not be returning your custom gift slaps, they are mine, you gave them to me and I am keeping them. Thank you. I do, however, have my very own custom slap making facility with a nice pile of freshly made slaps with your name on them just waiting to be delivered if the need arises.

I do like it when you are having good days. Keep the momentum going.

Jayne
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 10, 2018, 09:30:00 PM
!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

!!!

Stephanie, Stephanie,  ::) Stephanie,

I knew I should have started another paragraph.  Please note the division and highlighting in the two statements below. Also please note that I am not reneging on my stated commitment either.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Quote from: Laurie on January 10, 2018, 09:21:12 PM
  Anyway, road trip, I may be up for a short one fairly soon. Probably south.

I've said I'd go visit that diminutive one in Florida. I have a feeling if I do that, I'll need to begin another road trip thread or a sequel to the first. Where I may go on it is anybody's guess. I surely don't know. I think it would be another marathon trip again though. But at this point, I don't know if I'm going anywhere anytime soon.

•