Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanetteLW

Quote from: DawnOday on April 13, 2017, 02:01:07 PM
One of my favorite breakfasts consists of fried potato's and wieners simmered in El Pato sauce, Covered with over easy eggs with tortillas on the side. ymm,

Hi Dawn,
   Sounds good but which sauce and I'd swap a good sausage in place of the wieners.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 13, 2017, 03:23:45 PM
  Hi Dawn,
   Sounds good but which sauce and I'd swap a good sausage in place of the wieners.

Hugs,
   Jeanette

Sausage is good. Especially Polish Sausage. The sauce is a Mexican Tomato Sauce called "El Pato" It comes in a yellow can and is the Hispanic foods section of Safeway and Winco in my area, but is available in most grocery stores I have been in. Not sure about over seas.  There are others like Herdes that are good. Just not as good. If you don't like spicy food maybe this is not for you as the sauce is pica.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: DawnOday on April 13, 2017, 03:49:51 PM
Sausage is good. Especially Polish Sausage. The sauce is a Mexican Tomato Sauce called "El Pato" It comes in a yellow can and is the Hispanic foods section of Safeway and Winco in my area, but is available in most grocery stores I have been in. Not sure about over seas.  There are others like Herdes that are good. Just not as good. If you don't like spicy food maybe this is not for you as the sauce is pica.

I had looked up El Pato but they had a few different ones. I suspected you meant the tomato but wasn't sure.  Winco huh? If I remember right you are up here in the PNW somewhere like I am. We may have to arrange a meet someday.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 13, 2017, 03:59:20 PM
  I had looked up El Pato but they had a few different ones. I suspected you meant the tomato but wasn't sure.  Winco huh? If I remember right you are up here in the PNW somewhere like I am. We may have to arrange a meet someday.

Hugs,
   Jeanette

That would be great. Perhaps some Wednesday evening at the Ingersoll Gender Center in Seattle or the Rainbow Center in Tacoma.
Dawn Oday

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

Colleen_definitely

Those little cans from the Mexican section of the grocery store are great.  The salsa verde is almost universally good from any of the brands you're likely to find.  The chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are also fantastic but might be a little hotter than some like.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

RobynD

Once in a while and for no other reason than i've spent a lot of time in Japan in the past, we do a sort of light Japanese breakfast that consists of rice, fish, and miso soup.

Sometimes also Japanese pancakes - imagine your standard pancake batter with whipped up egg whites folded into it and then cooked inside metal rings over the stove. The result is extremely fluffy pancakes that are served with fruit.

•  

Kylo

I find it impossible to eat for several hours after waking up. I don't much like the feeling of eating unless hungry.

So breakfast consists of coffee.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Kylo on April 14, 2017, 09:40:06 AM
I find it impossible to eat for several hours after waking up. I don't much like the feeling of eating unless hungry.

That's what I'm talking about!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Kylo on April 14, 2017, 09:40:06 AM

Kylo and Dev,

I too used to have only coffee and usually one meal a day eaten whenever I got home from work which was at all hours. I heard over and over that my eating habits were not healthy. I never listened until I developed diabetes and wound up in the hospital for 6 days. That was the trigger to try to eat 3 meals a day and keep a loose eye on my carb/sugar intake.  Lecture over. lol Ejoy your breakfasts.

Here's my breakfast this morning, Just basic fare.

Hugs,
  Jeanette
  •  

DawnOday

I know I promoted my wieners and potato's in salsa. but most days it is fruit and a scoop of cottage cheese for breakfast. No toast, In fact if I can get away from consuming any kind of bread, I do.
Dawn Oday

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

Shy

Usually it's oatmeal made with oat milk, topped with fruit of the day and washed down with a cup of liquorice or green tea.
I've actually only started eating breakfast recently to try and get my cholesterol down, oats are supposed to be good for that so the nurse says. High cholesterol is genetic thing in my family which I can't do too much about other than avoid all the nice, tasty things.
Yay, oatmeal.

Hungrily,

Sadie.

•  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: DawnOday on April 14, 2017, 01:34:57 PM
I know I promoted my wieners and potato's in salsa. but most days it is fruit and a scoop of cottage cheese for breakfast. No toast, In fact if I can get away from consuming any kind of bread, I do.

I love good breads but one slice sends my blood sugar sky high and it take hours to come back down. I have to watch my carb and sugar intake since I became a diabetic when the removed half my pancreas. Having to cut back on the breads (and other goodies) I love is killing me but if I don't my diabetes could kill me instead.
  I splurged a bit the other day and 4.5 hours after I ate lunch my blood sugar was 307.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Shy on April 14, 2017, 01:40:15 PM
Usually it's oatmeal made with oat milk, topped with fruit of the day and washed down with a cup of liquorice or green tea.
I've actually only started eating breakfast recently to try and get my cholesterol down, oats are supposed to be good for that so the nurse says. High cholesterol is genetic thing in my family which I can't do too much about other than avoid all the nice, tasty things.
Yay, oatmeal.

Hungrily,

Sadie.

Yes Sadie Oats are supposed to be good for the cholesterol. I was recently put back on a statin because my readings were creeping back up again. My doctor had me stop before because of liver enzymes  starting to elevate. I didn't take anything for a couple years.

Too much eating of all those nice tasty things... lol You can have the tea, I'll stick to my coffee.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

Good morning folks,

Did you enjoy your breakfasts this morning?
  I fixed myself a simple favorite. Steak and eggs I cooked the staekin butter with garlic, salt and pepper. 2 fried eggs, and 2 thin slices of fresh sliced Italian bread with butter and slices of a mandarin orange.

Bon appetit
   Jeanette
  •  

Deborah

This morning I waited too long to go out and run and by the time I started it was really sunny and nearly 80 degrees.  So, after getting way hot and cutting it short after about 55 min I went home and rewarded myself with a three egg cheese and onion omelette made with pastured eggs, cooked in bacon grease and covered in a lot of sour cream with four pieces of bacon on the side.  Yummmm.

Now I've got a big corned beef in the slow cooker for tonight and am going to try spaghetti squash for the first time.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

JeanetteLW

Wow Deborah, and you were doing so well. Omelets are delicious but then you said something terrible about sour cream. :(  It just doesn't belong in that dish.  And corned beef?  Yes please. Corned beef is a favorite around here. I bought 6 packages this last St Patty's week when they were on sale. Two are already gone.  Spaghetti squash? I'll pass. Tried it again at my daughter's place when I last saw her and I'll still pass on it. You can have all of my serving. Please pass the corned beef.  ;D ;D

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

Deborah

Well, the spaghetti squash try out was a great success.  After cooking it I sautéed it in a tbsp of olive oil with three minced garlic cloves.  I added some salt, pepper, Italian spices and two tbsp of nutritional yeast.  That gave it a cheesy taste.  It was excellent, much better than I was expecting, so I'll be having this again.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Devlyn

•  

JeanetteLW

Sorry girls, spaghetti squash is off my menu. I've tried it a couple times and it's been a no go. I will leave it all to you and my daughter's family. Make mine zucchini.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

RobynD

Also a fan of that squash prepared as Deborah described. Never really got into it with marinara on it though. Some people truly treat it like pasta.

Sour cream on omelets definitely but to me it has to be a spicy omelet like chorizo or the like. That balances it out.

This morning's breakfast was quinoa salad with cucumbers and tomatoes in sort of a middle eastern dressing. I'm watching the intake very closely now as i am starting to lose more and more weight. Low cal and tasty breakfasts are not mutually exclusive though.

•