Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I'm too lazy to cook anything exotic for breakfast. It's usually , coffee, and either eggs sunny side up with vegetarian sausage or tofu slices, or porridge cooked in water and sweetened by glucose and cinnamon for flavour. That's it. Never varies. I know, I'm boring but at least I always have brekky  ;D
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on August 06, 2017, 02:59:01 PM
I have been working on a southwest version of eggs benedict. What I am going for is a cornmeal, green chile, chorizo pancake covered with poached eggs and a creamy poblano chili sauce and shredded pepper jack on top with maybe some crispy hashbrowns on the side. Has anyone tried anything like this?

Anne

No I haven't tried something like that but it sounds promising. I can see I will have to show up for breakfast next time.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Rolled oats with blueberries and almond 'milk', store-bought bagel and butter, coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Julia1996

I made a spinach and mushroom egg white omelet for myself and regular ones for my dad and brother.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 08, 2017, 10:11:22 AM
Rolled oats with blueberries and almond 'milk', store-bought bagel and butter, coffee!

Michelle,

That would barely keep a bird alive. But then that is probably why you are far thinner than I. I suffer from lack of portion control and attention to calories. I do like oatmeal and will normally have it cooked with cinnamon and I use nothing but whole milk in this home.
   Here is my offering for today. It's small for me (I am trying) and probably not as healthy as yours.

Chorizo and egg with fruit and I did have my 2 cups of black coffee.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 08, 2017, 10:20:58 AM
I made a spinach and mushroom egg white omelet for myself and regular ones for my dad and brother.

Hi Julia,

Omelets are definitely a staple here. I'm sure yours tastes as good as the ones I cook for myself. Spinach and mushrooms are good stuffings for omelets for sure.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on August 08, 2017, 10:25:17 AM
Hi Julia,

Omelets are definitely a staple here. I'm sure yours tastes as good as the ones I cook for myself. Spinach and mushrooms are good stuffings for omelets for sure.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I love spinach and mushrooms.  Onions and peppers are good for omelets too. I stuff them with cheese and sausage too sometimes.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 08, 2017, 10:42:20 AM
I love spinach and mushrooms.  Onions and peppers are good for omelets too. I stuff them with cheese and sausage too sometimes.

LoL Julia. you are much more conscious of calorie intake than I am. My omelets usually contain most of those ingredients and they all have cheese, lots of cheese. Did I mention I love food? I have little self control when it comes to food. I am sure you are much better at it than I am. If it tastes good I eat it.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Anne Blake

Michelle, I have to give you kudos for the lipstick on the coffee cup, military no less! Perhaps that image should be titled "Still life in a woman's home".

Anne
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on August 08, 2017, 10:51:03 AM
LoL Julia. you are much more conscious of calorie intake than I am. My omelets usually contain most of those ingredients and they all have cheese, lots of cheese. Did I mention I love food? I have little self control when it comes to food. I am sure you are much better at it than I am. If it tastes good I eat it.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Yes I am careful with calories. I have like a fear of getting fat. And hrt makes that very easy. I eat a lot of vegan and vegetarian dishes because they are low calorie. But I do pig out on pizza or Chinese food once in a while. It's kind of a pain cooking 2 different meals but my dad and brother are both gym rats and Don't really care how many calories are in something. They never get fat no matter what they eat. I hate them both! (Not really but it's totally unfair)
Julia
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

eyesk8rboi

Not on the weekdays...and usually not on the weekends either unless I have company. During the week I just drink coffee, and maybe one night I might eat some eggs....

When I cook breakfast I like to go all out through.
Saturday morning I made stuffed, savory french toast waffles stuffed with bacon, and pepperjack cheese, with a homemade maple and honey sauce. Then I scrambled what was left of the french toast egg-wash.

Then Sunday morning we have cinnamon rolls cooked in the waffle iron, the rest of the bacon from Satuday and I made sweet scrambled eggs.....As in, I used what you would normally put on french toast...vanilla, cinnamon and syrup.

To this day, the best breakfast I ever made was peanut butter pancakes, from scratch, with caramelized banana, homemade caramel and homemade whipped cream.

I think I was chef in a past life. :P
Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•  

Deborah

I had a three egg omelet cooked in butter and filled with chicken, cheese, onions, and sweet peppers, and topped with my usual sour cream and fermented sauerkraut.  I added a side of a rice blend cooked in chicken stock.  (614 cal total)

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: transguymac on August 08, 2017, 01:07:00 PM
Not on the weekdays...and usually not on the weekends either unless I have company. During the week I just drink coffee, and maybe one night I might eat some eggs....

When I cook breakfast I like to go all out through.
Saturday morning I made stuffed, savory french toast waffles stuffed with bacon, and pepperjack cheese, with a homemade maple and honey sauce. Then I scrambled what was left of the french toast egg-wash.

Then Sunday morning we have cinnamon rolls cooked in the waffle iron, the rest of the bacon from Satuday and I made sweet scrambled eggs.....As in, I used what you would normally put on french toast...vanilla, cinnamon and syrup.

To this day, the best breakfast I ever made was peanut butter pancakes, from scratch, with caramelized banana, homemade caramel and homemade whipped cream.

I think I was chef in a past life. :P

Ok. I'm going to Mac's house for breakfast. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Gertrude

I made my own sausage patty and surrounded it with chopped Serrano's and sliced Roma tomatoes. I add 5 eggs and put in a little water to steam them. I also use rendered bacon fat (1tbsp) before cooking and I make my own kitchen pepper. Top off with cilantro and a little hot sauce and it's breakfast.

•  

Laurie

Some interesting breakfast offerings today. Thank you all for contributing your culinary delights.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

eyesk8rboi

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 08, 2017, 01:21:41 PM
Ok. I'm going to Mac's house for breakfast. Lol

DO IT! I'll get my lady over and cook you both a smorgasbord!!!  :laugh:
Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•  

Laurie

Morning Folks

It's a late morning but still morning here. I thought I'd go ahead and share one of my less well executed offerings today just to show you not all my breakfasts are culinary delights.
  I decided to fix some dryer rolled oats cooked with  cinnamon. I made too much and yes it's dry, no doubt about that. I decided to try a bt of butter for flavor too. I wanted a slice of toast but only had plain old withe sandwich bread which as you can see I proceeded to ummm over cook a little? Yeah I like that description better than burnt. I added what I think is an over ripe banana sliced into chunks. Black coffee accompanied it. I needed something to wash it and my pills down.

Well here it is for your viewing. Definitely not a best effort.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Jamie 65

Since its a work day and trying to stay on my diet, just 1 cup of dry raisin bran a banana.  Snack with pecans, Dehydrated banana chips and dehydrated pineapple chips.
  •  

Devlyn

I had beans already cooked, so I chopped them up and simmered them for a while. Coffee. I had coffee.  :laugh:
  •  

Deborah

I tried something different today and had a spiral cut potato with onions, garlic, and chicken pan fried in olive oil then topped with three scrambled eggs, sour cream, and hot sauce.  Sauerkraut on the side with coffee to wash it all down. (656 cal)

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •