Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

YAY got a surgery date!!!

Started by RockiesRhea, May 21, 2017, 04:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockiesRhea

Dr Brassards office called me on friday and gave me my first option date as June 28th!!!

Im absolutely astonished how soon that is. Only 39 days including today!!! WOW excited doesnt even begin to describe me right now.

I have to call on tuesday to confirm that but I may not know for certain if my plans for my son in the meantime will fit that. I should know at the latest tuesday night so I sure hope wednesday morning will do. It really really looks like that will be a go though!!!

Im curious about something to do with that which someone here thats done the Alberta Coverage route could answer. That Question as followed:

If I confirm on Tuesday or Wednesday and something happens that screws my plans for child care while I'm gone... Is it true that Alberta Health will NEVER LET ME TRY AGAIN???

This is my one serious concern and I've heard stuff to indicate that in the past.
  •  

AnneK

QuoteOnly 29 days including today!!!

Your calendar must be running fast.  It's 39 days according to mine.   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Christine1

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •  

RockiesRhea

HAHAHA Annek.
Typoed!
39 days left.

Thank you Christine1
  •  

EmmaLoo

And the countdown begins! That time will fly by and the next thing you know you'll be counting post-op days.

Cheers!
Seriously, I'm just winging it like everyone else. Sometimes it works, other times -- not so much. HRT 2003 - FFS|Orch 2005 - GCS 2017 - No Regrets EVER!
  •  

RockiesRhea

Yes countdown begins provided that in the new week when i contact them back I can accept june 28th.

But I do NEED to know the answer to my question to decide. The question being...

If I confirm on Tuesday or Wednesday and something happens that screws my plans for child care for while I'm gone and before flight day... Is it true that Alberta Health will NEVER LET ME TRY AGAIN???

I know people may not know the answer but thats mostly what Im hanging on finding out to decide.
  •  

jujubes1986

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/url]
  •  

meghana

Congratulations! All the best :D
  •  

Laurie

That's really cool Rhea. See not all surprises are bad. Wishing all the good wishes can have for your big day.

Hugs,
    Laure
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

RockiesRhea

Not sure what to do here. I had about half a dozen people assuring me they would each help out with my son while Im gone to montreal and now I suddenly have 2. I cant imagine what I'll do if something happens and those 2 people cant help suddenly and I book for june 28th.
  •  

RockiesRhea

Anyone else thats post op find themselves going nuts over all the stuff they have to do when its down to a month left before your date?

I deffinietely just realized Im more overwhelmed then I thought I'd be.
  •  

islandgirl

Congrats! Was there six weeks ago! You will love Dr. Brassard! I found the care great! the nurses and other staff were wonderful. It was great meeting other women who, at that time, met on the path! I cried when I left. Time will fly bye and before you know it, you will be in Montreal. Are you staying at the B and B? If so, Chantal will look after you. She is marvellous!
  •  

RockiesRhea

Quote from: islandgirl on May 22, 2017, 03:27:25 PM
Are you staying at the B and B?

This is something I dont know yet. Maybe you can help me figure it out. Does it cost extra ontop of what is covered by Alberta.
Also how much is it a night.

Theres still minor things for me to iron out but I'll get it ironed. This is one of them. I have yet to be told (and have asked people) whether or not the day before surgery your accomodations are covered or is it at my expense.
I do know that some things vary in coverage from province to province. For example some provinces cover the $300 dilators and post op meds. While Alberta is NOT one of them. I must pay that myself. Which is fine. Im a poor girl because I'm a single parent of 2 kids but not that broke :)
  •  

islandgirl

As far as the BnB, I would check with Dr. Brassards office. Everything was booked for me through them. I could not believe that everything  from the time I got to Montreal to when I left, was covered for me. It was really something to come off the plane and have a car and driver waiting for me to take me to the BnB. The same driver picked me up on surgery day and took me to the hospital, and then took me to the airport after my time at the recovery centre. I arrived two days ahead of my surgery, getting to the BnB at dinner time. By the way, all meals are included at the BnB. The good thing about the BnB is that Chantal knows all the routines and you do have some things to do the day before surgery. If you do go to the BnB, please give Chantal a hug and a kiss from me (Kelly)!
  •  

staciM

Rhea, congrats on your date....must be exciting.  Sorry to hear about your other stresses.  If you have specific questions about what Alberta health care pays for I can get you in touch with a ND girl that had her surgery done late last year.  I'm sure she will answer any questions you have.  Also, curious....how long were you on the wait list after your psychiatrist referral went in?
- Staci -
  •  

RockiesRhea

Thanks staciM.
Stressers sure. But its more like just overwhelming amount of things. Some are negative but im not even fussing over those.
Just loads and loads on my plate and while everyone that goes op deals with them I got less then a month and a half to make it happen where as most people seem to get around 6 months. Dont get me wrong Im ecstatic about how fast its coming together. Just mega overwhelming for a few days and now the rest will fall into place.
4 days and I already have probably 70% of it all ironed out.
Now I'm just taking things slow n trying not to overwhelm myself. Plenty of time now :)
  •  

RockiesRhea

Wow tears in my eyes again... im so happy i literally cant help it.

Not only do i have my surgery date option reserved it is now booked.
Blood work to be done and stuff to sort out.

June 28th Im finally done after over 3 years struggle!!!!

BOUYAH!!!!!!
  •  

staciM

I'm having difficulty with the forum PM system so I sent you a messenger ping on FB.
- Staci -
  •