News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Orchiectomy cost and concerns

Started by Tracey, June 01, 2017, 10:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: Chris8080 on September 10, 2017, 08:12:00 AM
Another "lucky" for me, needles just don't bother me. As I said earlier, if they would let me I would get pillows to prop up my head so I could watch.  ;D

So Devlyn, two days now, how are feeling? Getting more comfortable I hope. Swelling going down? Hoping for a quick, easy recovery for you. Keep us informed on progress and changes please.

Two days out and pain isn't an issue. I haven't taken Tylenol today and probably won't. Here's what it looks like at two days.

•  

Chris8080

That's interesting. Other photos I've seen had worse bruising than that, almost black actually but not nearly as far out on the hips or high up on the belly, much more central to where the "work" was done. Also doesn't appear to be any "baseballs" as you described the swelling so that's a big plus. 16 days from this morning is my turn so I am quite curious about all the after effects that I will have to look foreword to. Thanks for posting.  :)
  •  

Devlyn

The swelling is slowly easing. Under the bikini I am nearly black and it has spread up the whole penis with the exception of the head. There is an "S" curve in the penis, presumably from everything being pulled tight by the swelling. Peeing works normally so I'm not concerned about that right now. Waiting to return to my new normal size and colouration!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Dena

I never seen or heard of anybody getting that type of bruising after GCS. The markings on my body were minimal even though there was a fair amount of swelling. They must have put up quite a fight and weren't willing to go willingly.  >:-)
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Devlyn

I think the surgeon put his foot there and pulled them out. "Scalpel? We don't need no steenking scalpel"  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 09, 2017, 02:26:39 PM
I  need to rephrase that.

"I'm not interested in a vagina...on me."

I'd still take a look at one.  [emoji23]

Hugs, Devlyn
Lol. If I ever get my own I'll send you a picture hehe.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 10, 2017, 12:45:33 PM
I think the surgeon put his foot there and pulled them out. "Scalpel? We don't need no steenking scalpel"  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

OMG Devyl n I was thinking something similar.. My though was the doctor must have stood on your hips, Planted his feet in taking his stance before taking his tee shot. Foorrrre ! LMAO Wonder if he made the greens.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 10, 2017, 02:08:15 PM
Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 09, 2017, 02:26:39 PM
I  need to rephrase that.

"I'm not interested in a vagina...on me."

I'd still take a look at one.  [emoji23]

Hugs, Devlyn
Lol. If I ever get my own I'll send you a picture hehe.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Woohoo! If PM isn't working, my email is in the signature!  ;)

Hugs, Devlyn

Quote from: Laurie on September 10, 2017, 02:11:59 PM

Hugs, Devlyn

OMG Devyl n I was thinking something similar.. My though was the doctor must have stood on your hips, Planted his feet in taking his stance before taking his tee shot. Foorrrre ! LMAO Wonder if he made the greens.

Hugs,
  Laurie

LMAO!
  •  

Chris8080

Hugs, Devlyn

Oh geez, that's painful just thinking about it. Yep, no doubt at all . . . I will be wide awake for mine.
  •  

Christine1

Congrats Devlyn!  I didn't realize how much bruising there would be.

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Chris8080 on September 10, 2017, 02:20:13 PM

Hugs, Devlyn

Oh geez, that's painful just thinking about it. Yep, no doubt at all . . . I will be wide awake for mine.

I don't think I was doing the proper mental math on the connections between testicles and body. Turns out they don't come out like a pair of Clackers and you just cut the strings!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

Quote from: Christine1 on September 10, 2017, 02:23:06 PM
Congrats Devlyn!  I didn't realize how much bruising there would be.

Thanks, Christine! Honestly, I wasn't expecting this much bruising either. But that's why I'm documenting it, so the next person knows what to expect.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

AnneK

QuoteIf PM isn't working, my email is in the signature!

And if PM is working, it's not???   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: AnneK on September 10, 2017, 02:29:37 PM
QuoteIf PM isn't working, my email is in the signature!

And if PM is working, it's not???   ;)

This is no time for logical logic, we're talking about my balls, and their undisclosed location!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Christine1

Your Welcome Devlyn. A little bruising doesn't keep a bad girl  >:-) like You down that's for sure. 

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •  

Karrie

Devlyn holy cow girl. I had the right removed yrs ago and had no bruising at all.
I wish you a speedy total recovery !

Karrie
  •  

Devlyn

Thanks, Karrie! I'm scheduled to resume work tomorrow and I don't see any reason I can't. Well, other than being in desperate need of a shower and this afternoon will make 72 hours from surgery, so I'll be draining that hot water heater!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Chris8080

Hugs, Devlyn

I don't think I was doing the proper mental math on the connections between testicles and body. Turns out they don't come out like a pair of Clackers and you just cut the strings!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

Eyes wide open for me, don't want no football, no golf and no billiards goin on. Yikes!  :o
  •  

Devlyn

That's why the thread is here. I had no idea what to expect going in. If someone else gains insight from this it's all good.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Chris8080

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 10, 2017, 02:33:14 PMThis is no time for logical logic, we're talking about my balls, and their undisclosed location!  :laugh: Hugs, Devlyn

Um . . . Possibly a garbage disposal and the city sewer system? A fitting end to something so repulsive don't ya think?  ;D

15 days, 360 hours and mine will see the same fate but I'm not really counting or anxious.  ;D
  •  

Devlyn

I'm thinking a medical waste incinerator....well done!  :laugh:
  •