Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

On life's bumpy road

Started by Sarah_P, August 28, 2017, 09:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah_P

I'd love to meet up with you Laurie! I was tempted when you did your road trip, but I had just gotten started & wasn't confident enough to meet up with people yet.

I'd like to move pretty much anywhere else. I've never moved anywhere very far from here / Kansas City (I actually only moved down here because I was unemployed, couldn't find a job, and my friend here helped me find a place - it WAS super cheap to live down here, not so much anymore). I have no idea how you go about doing so. Finding a good place to live & a job in a town I've never been to? I've got my resume (almost), and I thought about putting it out there to see if anyone bites, but I have my doubts. At least until I finish some online coding classes.
Plus, as I said, it all takes money I don't have right now. The other bonus to selling my stuff is there's less to move!
I've visited cities all across the country when I was doing conventions, but I never saw very much of them other than the hotel/convention center for the convention itself (and obviously on the way through town to those places).
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

4th laser treatment down, and I'm seeing good results. The upper lip is a little clearer than it was. Hoping to see some of those awful hairs dropping out in the next week. The technician this time (I've had 3 different ones) actually did a far more thorough job than the others, getting all over my neck, too.

This Thursday I've got another therapy appointment. After that I'm finally going to go to the monthly transgender group meeting in Kansas City. Really looking forward to that.

But what I'm really excited about is going to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday with my friend & her husband! While I'm hoping we all have a good time, I'm also really hoping some of my old friends are still working there.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Sarah_P on September 14, 2017, 01:48:56 PM
I'd love to meet up with you Laurie! I was tempted when you did your road trip, but I had just gotten started & wasn't confident enough to meet up with people yet.

You should have Sarah. At that time I was almost as much new to being out in public as you were. It would have been fun for both of us. Perhaps next time through. I'm a bit more comfortable with it at this point.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sarah_P

I went to the Kansas City Center for Inclusion's transgender group meeting on Thursday night. It was pretty fun! Met a lot of interesting people who's names I mostly can't remember. I'm still terrible with names!! I also probably should have spoken up more than I did, but I think I did rather well for someone who's been a social recluse for 15 years.  :-\
They were all very welcoming & friendly, and I'm definitely going back next month.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Ashley3

Quote from: Sarah_P on September 23, 2017, 10:44:40 PM
I went to the Kansas City Center for Inclusion's transgender group meeting on Thursday night. It was pretty fun! ...
They were all very welcoming & friendly, and I'm definitely going back next month.

Wonderful news Sarah... glad you found such a fun social outlet there!
  •  

Sarah_P

Went to RenFest today! I didn't have a renaissance-style dress, but I was pretty happy with my outfit, even if my shoes didn't match the outfit at all (but I was comfortable walking around all day!). It was pretty darn hot & humid, and I was drenched in sweat for the duration. But it was still fun!

Was shocked at how ridiculously high the prices for anything & everything were. Jewelry was way too pricey for me, and the clothing prices were absurd (some rather plain outfits were $500+!).
So, my girl friend that was there with me, who also sews rather well, has decided to make us our own outfits. This will also be a great opportunity for her to teach me how to sew, too!!  :)  I can sew a little, and even made some fairly basic cosplay outfits for anime cons (by hand - I don't have a machine).

Sadly, I didn't run into anyone that I knew. I was really hoping to find an old friend that I was room mates with way back when. I'm 95% certain she still lives in the same house, so I'm thinking of mailing a letter. Not sure if I should just drop by or not. I've driven by several times, but it never looked like anyone was home.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Ashley3

Great picture and congrats on the visit to RenFest and the upcoming sewing endeavor!
  •  

Sarah_P

Thanks Ashley! According to one of my friends who came with me, there were occasionally guys checking me out while we were looking at stores (mainly when I bent down).   :o ;D
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Sarah_P

Last Saturday I had what was mostly a pretty good day. Went out of town with my live-in friends & met up with my other friends (who also happen to be my live-in friends son & daughter-in-law). JC Penney's had a crazy 1/2 of sale going on, but I didn't realize until we were checking out that the sale included the clearance items. Got 3 nice t-shirts, a necklace, and an infinity scarf for only $15. I would have gone back & got more, but we were on a schedule.
Then we went to dinner. Everything was going just fine until the very end when my best friend (that I live with) looked directly at me & referred to me by my male name, in a way that made it clear to anyone that might overhear that he was referring to me.  >:(
Now, I know he wouldn't do it just to be mean. His wife & I both think he's having problems with some medication he's on (he's on like over a dozen meds), that's making it difficult for him to think clearly. He's been acting almost like he's getting Alzheimers, but I don't think it's the actual thing. Earlier we were trying to patiently explain certain things like how netflix works & the various things a smart TV can do (they're buying one finally), and he kept getting angrier & more paranoid about it. Which is strange, because he's been watching netflix whenever he babysits his grandkids.
Thankfully it didn't look like anyone overheard, so that was good. Next time we go somewhere together I'll make sure I remind him before we're around others to use the correct name.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Hi Sarah,

What fun to be out with friends. It sounds like you had a great time right up until the unfortunate incident. At least you know he wasn't trying to hurt you. Keep it up girl and enjoy doing what you can there.
   I still would love to make another trip out to Missouri this year but it is looking like I'll actually have to plan something and cancel some appointments to do it. For some reason I'm thinking I may need more appointments, not less though :( Then  with fall beginning, I am running out of time.
   I'm unsure how much time it would need to plan for though. I mean look if I add Julia and you, and there Tia, and Jane, and Randi. My friends in Idaho and another best friend in the Denver area... and that just on the way to my friends in Missouri. God, I'd love to just do it, just say screw it and get in my pickup and go. But I can't, Ive got therapy appointments, facial torture, voice, and my oncology in November. My oil hasn't been changed since last trip, the 4WD hasn't been fixed yet and I haven't recouped the money I spent on the last trip yet. (sigh).
   But mark my words Sarah, you and Julia are on the to do list.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on October 04, 2017, 11:57:18 PM

Ummm, did you forget somebody? Florida is calling yooooouuu...

Steph (still waiting for breakfast)

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

All I can say is I have no plans at this time at all. Just ideas and all road trips require  stops in Weaubleau, Mo. But yes Steph(anie) you are most certainly on my must visit list. (as are several others) When it might happen is anybody's guess.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on October 05, 2017, 03:35:23 AM
All I can say is I have no plans at this time at all. Just ideas and all road trips require  stops in Weaubleau, Mo. But yes Steph(anie) you are most certainly on my must visit list. (as are several others) When it might happen is anybody's guess.

We'll leave the light on for ya.

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Laurie on October 04, 2017, 11:57:18 PM
   I still would love to make another trip out to Missouri this year but it is looking like I'll actually have to plan something and cancel some appointments to do it. For some reason I'm thinking I may need more appointments, not less though :( Then  with fall beginning, I am running out of time.
   I'm unsure how much time it would need to plan for though. I mean look if I add Julia and you, and there Tia, and Jane, and Randi. My friends in Idaho and another best friend in the Denver area... and that just on the way to my friends in Missouri. God, I'd love to just do it, just say screw it and get in my pickup and go. But I can't, Ive got therapy appointments, facial torture, voice, and my oncology in November. My oil hasn't been changed since last trip, the 4WD hasn't been fixed yet and I haven't recouped the money I spent on the last trip yet. (sigh).

Don't go pushing yourself into anything crazy like making a plan!  ;)

I know how you feel though. I want so much to just get a way for a while. I've been invited to visit friends in Texas, & they'd provide food & lodging, but even the gas cost to get down there is just too much for me right now. Especially with a doctor's appointment coming up in 10 days. It's my first follow-up for HRT, so I'll finally get some hard data on how it's going.
We'll figure something out eventually!
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on September 13, 2017, 02:35:24 PM

I have a LARGE collection of anime stuff I'm wanting to sell, which could potentially pay for the move. Problem is selling online is too slow (I've been trying) & conventions cost a lot for tables. I'd like to sell it all at once to a dealer, as long as I get a fair price.
I used to be manager of an anime store, & was friends with a lot of other dealers, but lost touch with them all. Maybe I'll try & get in touch with some of them.

I'm banking on my own collections to fund stuff too. :D It's so hard to find a way to get rid of them though. I have thousands of comics, video games, and random anime collectibles that I think total up to a pretty good sum, but finding the right place to buy them is a problem. Have you ever considered doing an Amazon individual seller thing and having them shipped to and fulfilled by Amazon? Supposedly it's pretty easy way to just sort of be done with it and let the money trickle in overtime, though I couldn't find any definitive cost information (since they charge you to hold items in warehouse).
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on October 05, 2017, 09:13:13 AM
Have you ever considered doing an Amazon individual seller thing and having them shipped to and fulfilled by Amazon? Supposedly it's pretty easy way to just sort of be done with it and let the money trickle in overtime, though I couldn't find any definitive cost information (since they charge you to hold items in warehouse).

I in fact have tried it, and sadly it is the exact opposite of easy. I think it's just the collectible toys category (and a few others) or something, but because of a lot of bootleg merch being posted there, they've really made it impossible to post anything. Out of 30 items I tried, I managed to get all of 2 posted. They kept telling me that I have to have proof I bought the item from the original manufacturer to post, which I didn't - I bought it from a legitimate store who bought it from them! I tried to create entirely new listings, and those didn't take either. I spent days trying to do this....  :eusa_wall:
Way back in 2004 I sold a lot of stuff through e-bay, but the fees were absurd. Plus having to box & ship everything myself, and maybe not selling enough before I move... not really worth it.
So I'm going the dealer route. I've almost finished my inventory (which would be done if I'd stop being lazy), and cross-referenced prices through both Amazon & e-bay. Now to just contact some dealers.
I appreciate the suggestion though!  :)
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

That's disappointing to hear, I was hoping it would be an easy way to skip the ebay route myself. :/ I'm lacking all of the same proof, so looks like that's out (at least so far as the collectibles go, maybe actual games and DVDs or whatever will work better there). I'm the same way about cataloging and pricing my stuff, I should have done it years ago but I keep just not stopping and getting it done.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

So this morning I woke up crying. My GD wormed its way into a dream (I don't dream often, and when I do it's usually just vague chaotic nonsense). At some point in my dream, in which I was living happily as Sarah, I found out I could never legally change my name, and it just crushed me. Then I went looking for my cat for emotional support, but the one I looked for was my first cat Twinkie that died 13 years ago (which I realized in the dream).  :'(
Woke up and went looking for my current cats for comfort, and they both ran & hid from me.  Sigh. :icon_sadblinky:

So, anyway.....
Went to the doctor today for my 3-month HRT review. She'll be sending me the lab report eventually, but afterwards I picked up a sub at Jimmy John's and ate it at the park. I haven't been to this park in 30 years, it's gorgeous!! Took 3 laps around the walking trail.  :icon_walk:
... then got frozen custard at Sheridan's.  :eusa_doh:

Oh, and I've started going out without my wig! Yay!! I'm feeling much more like my genuine self now. And I WILL get the name change eventually....

--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Hi Sarah.

Gotta watch out for those dreams. I woke from one the other day with my heart racing and almost crying. It had all the good elements in it for a nightmare. My daughter, my ex wife, guns and a black stick shift car on the steepest hill I've ever seen. Like you I seldom dream but when I do they are almost always nightmares.
  Those pictures are nice both for the park and for the good looking young lady in the bottom one.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Sarah_P

Awww... thanks Laurie!!  :icon_hug:

Sadly most of my dreams that have actual content I can remember are usually bad ones (in one way or another). There's only one I can remember that was good (euphoric, actually - just being a woman).

If your dream rolls around again, hit those brakes! If that doesn't work, try the Flinstones braking system!   :)
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•