The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 27, 2017, 12:35:36 AM
Anthems

Do you have an anthem?

Steph

I've always been partial to one by my favorite group, The Doors.
  The song?   The End (long version

Another that seemed to resonate with me back then was on by The Beatles.
   The song? Nowhere Man

Well you did ask...

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Laurie on September 27, 2017, 01:57:35 AM
I've always been partial to one by my favorite group, The Doors.
  The song?   The End (long version

Another that seemed to resonate with me back then was on by The Beatles.
   The song? Nowhere Man

Well you did ask...

Hugs,
    Laurie
Nowhere Man - Beatles,  yes! I used to think that song was written about me.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 27, 2017, 02:01:45 AM
Nowhere Man - Beatles,  yes! I used to think that song was written about me.

Nope Megan, I have it on good authority it was written just for me.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Laurie on September 27, 2017, 02:15:00 AM
Nope Megan, I have it on good authority it was written just for me.

Hugs,
   Laurie
As I tell my children, 'it's nice to share!' [emoji6]

•  

SadieBlake

🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 27, 2017, 03:13:14 AM
As I tell my children, 'it's nice to share!' [emoji6]

Megan,

Oh Alright, I'll share. My Mom used to tell us that too.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Surely you heard the song the Beatles wrote for me, Moni in the Sky's with Diamonds. And don't call be Surely. My actual favorite is Norwegian Wood but  I have distanced myself from that a bit.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 27, 2017, 12:35:36 AM
Anthems
Do you have an anthem?

My anthems are songs of hope and inspiration to help move through transition.
New Horizons from the Moody Blues is another that I fall back on:

QuoteWell I've had dreams enough for one
And I've got love enough for three
I have my hopes to comfort me
I've got my new horizons out to sea

But I'm never going to lose your precious gift
It will always be that way
Cos I know I'm going to find my own peace of mind
Someday...

Where is this place that we have found
Nobody knows where we are bound
I long to hear, I need to see
Cos I've shed tears too many for me

Someday...

On the wind soaring free
Spread your wings
I'm beginning to see
Out of mind far from view
Beyond the reach of a nightmare come true

Well I've had dreams enough for one
And I got love enough for three
I have my hopes to comfort me
I got my new horizons out to sea

Someday...
Someway...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 27, 2017, 01:10:57 AM
When I was in a bad place REMs Everybody Hurts always helped me make it another 24 hours...

Ah jeeze Megan. I'd never heard it before... what a beautiful song... but for me it had opposite the intended effect. I'm crying buckets right now. It's a cathartic thing; I'll be all right in a few minutes.

I don't remember exactly what I was listening to back then, probably Jimmy Buffett and Alan Parsons, but I missed most new 90's music. The only REM I knew was Losing My Religion. Thanks for pointing this one out.

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 30, 2017, 07:50:30 AM
Ah jeeze Megan. I'd never heard it before... what a beautiful song... but for me it had opposite the intended effect. I'm crying buckets right now. It's a cathartic thing; I'll be all right in a few minutes.

I don't remember exactly what I was listening to back then, probably Jimmy Buffett and Alan Parsons, but I missed most new 90's music. The only REM I knew was Losing My Religion. Thanks for pointing this one out.

Steph
Jasmine Thompson has done a great cover of it too. Her cover of Mad World by Tears for Fears was on my funeral play list when my planning got that far,  but that is certainly not one to make you feel better!
I've always loved mournful songs. X

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: HappyMoni on September 27, 2017, 06:36:23 PM
Surely you heard the song the Beatles wrote for me, Moni in the Sky's with Diamonds.

Huh. I was sure it would be Tommy James and the Shondells' Moanie Moanie...
QuoteAnd don't call be Surely.

Roger Roger. (Give me the vector Victor).
QuoteMy actual favorite is Norwegian Wood but  I have distanced myself from that a bit.

SNORK!!

I just learned that coffee taken via the sinuses can have a powerful effect. Yer killin' me here!

Steph

•  

HappyMoni

Yer keeling me here, Steph, "Moanie, Moanie."  It is Mon-knee. How do you shorten Monica and get Moan? I ask you? I can only assume you are under the influence of " Darth Mod." Certainly, I can reason with you, Hon. Now if I can just land this plane without crashing into the airport.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: HappyMoni on September 30, 2017, 08:27:17 AM
Yer keeling me here, Steph, "Moanie, Moanie."  It is Mon-knee. How do you shorten Monica and get Moan? I ask you?

Oh. I always pronounced it Moanika. I wondered why my letters to whatsername on Friends about how she was saying her name wrong never got answered.

Huh. Learn something new every day.

Staph

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 30, 2017, 07:59:23 AM
Jasmine Thompson has done a great cover of it too. Her cover of Mad World by Tears for Fears was on my funeral play list when my planning got that far,  but that is certainly not one to make you feel better!
I've always loved mournful songs. X

I admit I love the sad stuff, too, though right now I need to distance myself from that. The main song for my funeral playlist was Old and Wise from The Alan Parsons Project. It has the added bonus of closing with a beautiful sax solo.

Back on the inspirational side, one of my favorites from Alan Parsons is Don't Let the Moment Pass, sung by Marti Webb, who has the most amazing voice and dynamic and vocal range. The first time I heard it I believed it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever heard - it seemed like the world just stood still and held its breath until the song ended. I always thought of myself as the woman the song is about. I still stop what I'm doing and close my eyes until it's done. The video seems kind of sad, but I never thought of it that way.

QuoteThis golden day will be mine
For every moment in time
If time should lose her way

A symphony in the night
Of stars that dance in the light
And music far away

They say that love is but a dance
Don't let the music fade away
Don't let the moment pass

Without a reason or rhyme
The sweet bouquet of the wine
Will vanish in the air

The innocence of the rose
She leaves wherever she goes
That all the World may share

Some days when clouds are drifting by
I open my eyes and watch them go
And wonder where they fly

Some nights Orion runs too fast
I look to the stars as if to say

But soon a golden age is past
Just when it seemed that miracles
Were not too much to ask

And though the World may turn too fast
If it should seem like Paradise

Don't let the moment pass...

Steph

•  

steph2.0

Where Dreams Come True

Hi All,

I wrote earlier about my friends inviting me and my wife to Disney World. We went on Wednesday and Thursday. I gave myself yesterday to think about it all and let my conclusions bubble to the surface. Here's how it went:

Other than the night I re-met the woman who would eventually marry me, it was probably the most memorable time of my life.

Getting ready was stressful. I wanted to make a good impression, and had to pick out three different outfits - one for the initial meeting, one for a T-network social gathering that evening, and one for trooping around Disney the next day. I thought I had it figured out beforehand, but as I packed I kept changing things and getting more and more freaked out. I was being such a stereotypical girl...

We had reserved a room for Wednesday night, so we drove the hour and a half to Disney and met T and his wife L there in early afternoon. As you drive in, you're required to show photo ID at the entrance gate, so there was an anxious moment as we waited in line, considering that I was already dressed. Happily they only check the ID of whomever's driving, which was my wife, so I dodged that bullet. When our friends arrived, we had to walk the length of the check-in area (a lot like an airport terminal building) to meet them. Though we've known each other for 15 years, they had never met me before -  this was in fact the first time anyone from my previous existence had met me in person. That was a long walk. I was wearing a dark button down top, a white tennis skirt, blue-with-white-polka-dots canvas sneakers, and a white sun hat. I was watching for the reaction, and what I got was a smile and a hug. I mentioned that I was nervous about it all, and he didn't understand. He told me as far as he was concerned, I was just another of the girls walking around the building.

While my wife and L stood in line to check in, T and I went to the food court to buy drinks. He got a beer and I got a diet Coke, and we put them both on his order. When we went to the checkout, something very cool happened. The cashier looked at the order, then at me, and then at T, and said, "Only one beer because she's not old enough, right?" Now, that's the way to start a vacation. I was grinning like a fool. Give that girl a raise.

After we got checked in we went out for lunch, and the ladies (3) and gentleman (1) were treated very well. After relaxing for the afternoon and moving into our rooms, I changed into the outfit that I had worn for the first time I went dressed to see my therapist (story here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,206382.msg2016008.html#msg2016008) and we left T and L to go to a T-network social gathering outside Orlando. We met some cool people there and did some networking and sharing of hints and tips. Here I am in the group picture (hat and black flowered top):

When that meeting broke up, we met up with T and L at a piano bar back at Disney. The only seats left were close to the stage and I had to sit in front of them. I apologized for blocking their view, but told them they shouldn't mind, because I was fabulous! Well, that was the way I was feeling...

The next morning I was nervous again for some reason. I was also a little disheartened because the day before, T and L and even my wife had done a fair amount of misgendering and dead-naming. I had to keep reminding myself that not only had they known the old me for a very long time, but since I'm still flip-flopping between old and new, they were probably feeling whipsawed, and having a hard time keeping up. Since I knew they were really trying, and none of it was mean-spirited, I gave them a pass - and they needed it, because it continued most of that day, too. I just settled on asking, "who?" if they dead-named me, and suggesting the correct pronoun when they got that wrong. It got awkward in the middle of the day when they, when trying to get my attention, would yell, "Steve, uh, STEPH!" Nobody seemed to notice, though. They finally started to get it toward the end of the day. And that was the only negative of the whole adventure. Speaking of adventure, let's rejoin our heroine:

Today the outfit was casual fabulous. Lightweight plaid button down top, tan capris, white tennies, and a tan sun hat. Oh, and my new 36A bra, which I almost filled - well enough that I went without the breast forms. Woohoo! After breakfast in the food court, we hopped a bus and headed for Disney's Wild Kingdom park. There's no real point in describing the park itself. It's typical Disney wonderfulness combined with a zoological conservation and research park, a few rides, and a new Pandora area based on the Avatar movie. We almost got eaten by dinosaurs, were nearly cremated by the meteor that wiped them out (serves them right for trying to eat us), watched monkeys playing, visited with all kinds of savannah animals, said hi to some lowland gorillas who were pretty laid back about it all, were wowed by a live bird presentation, became 3D bugs for a while, and watched a cool night pageant on the lake.

Through it all there was absolutely no drama. My previous attitude had always been to keep my eyes down - don't make eye contact and be invisible. Then I realized that my sunglasses are pretty dark and slightly mirrored, and nobody can see where I'm looking. So my mission was to look at everyone and try to detect any sideways glances or outright strange looks. I kept my head up, a slight smile on my face, and looked at everyone. Doing that sent positive feedback to my attitude - and as I'm reminded here, attitude is the major part of passing. Before long the smile wasn't forced.

And there was nothing. No double takes, no hidden smiles, no awkwardness, zip. And due to the spiro, I had to use the ladies rooms multiple times during the day, and there was no issue there, either. Women held the door for me and smiled back, I had to stand in line inside one time, and once, in a restroom with only two sinks, a lady was standing in front of one while her daughter washed her hands in the other, and she looked up, smiled back at me, apologized, and moved over so I could wash my hands.

The only time there may have been any kind of reaction was when we sat down to eat lunch, and it could just be my hyperactive imagination. The waiter was very friendly and efficient, and asked each of us in turn for our orders: "yes sir?" (to T), "your order ma'am"?, and "yes ma'am?" (to L and my wife), and "and what would you like?" (to me). Nothing unkind or anything, just no pronouns. Eh, whatever. The food and service was good.

When we registered for our rooms, my wife came back with these buttons:

We didn't know that the Disney employees would ask why we were celebrating, and my wife kind of stammered something out about "just celebrating" the first time it happened. I was ready then later when I was asked. I told her, "I'm starting a new life," and she said that was wonderful and congratulations. I smiled back...

I think my favorite part was when everyone else took their seats for the night show, and I decided to go in search of a pretzel, striking out on my own. I had to walk almost halfway around the entire park alone. Again I was watching for reactions, and I was just another woman in search of a snack. I finally found a vendor and practiced my voice to order my pretzel. Again no reaction. Here you are, ma'am, and thank you, oh I'm sorry ma'am we don't have lids for the cups, etc.

By the end of the day, the concealer was sweated off my face and I was starting to feel a little bristly, but things were still cool. We rode the bus back to the hotel and got a snack in the food court while we talked about how things went, what it all means, a little dive into philosophy, and what was coming up in the future. Another trip to the ladies room, and we parted with hugs and heartfelt thanks as they went back to their room and we headed home to our scurvy dawg.

So what did it all mean? I admit that in the past, when things were relatively stable and I had myself buried pretty deeply, I didn't think much about whether I was really comfortable. That voice inside that was yelling, "hey, can I come out and play?" was suppressed so far that I could successfully ignore it. At times I even enjoyed myself. But once I let myself free, there could be no more avoiding the unreality of that old existence. Much of it was just that: existing.

For this adventure I had expected either being miserable if things didn't go well, or experiencing some kind of floaty euphoria if it did. Instead I think my takeaway from it all was that, for one of the first times in my life, I felt normal. At the beginning of the day, I felt a little furtive, like a secret agent in enemy territory, behind the mirrored glasses watching for the bad guys. By the end of the day, I was just being me. It showed me that you don't have to be in a constant state of overwhelming joy to be happy. What's needed is a state of mind that doesn't necessarily invoke a huge grin, but a confident smile. What I found was quiet contentment, and happiness in being a complete person.

I had regarded this as a test to prove to myself that I either was or wasn't on the right path for my life. There is no longer any doubt in my mind that transitioning is the right thing to do. I had a tentative timeline in my head for coming out to the last of the people I care about, most notably my neighbors. The whole timeline is being shifted forward. Not sure just how far yet, but with this new certainty, there's no real point in putting it off much longer. As one of Larry  Niven's characters (Beowulf Shaeffer?) would say to himself, "I have to do this some time, why not now?"

Here is me in front of Avatar's Tree of Life.

I have to wrap up with deep wholehearted thanks to T and L, and especially my wife, for helping to make this adventure, and my new life, a reality. I love you all.

Signing off (with apologies to Mawwwwnie),

HappySteph

•  

Laurie

Hi Steph,

What a really nice outing for you , your wife and your friends. Very little to complain about in any of what you related. The part I liked best was "I think my takeaway from it all was that, for one of the first times in my life, I felt normal.. I'm not a philosophical kind of person so I don't do well at deciphering what i feel but reading those words I was drawn back to my meetings with the ladies on my road trip and I think it describes how I felt while I was with each of them. I didn't have to pretend or play a role. I didn't have to worry or be afraid. I was able to be myself with the and could just be normal. I think that is what I really meant when I said I used them as my security blanket.  Thank yot Steph(anie) for putting it in words for me.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Next  trip, Florida to Baltimore to Oregon.

Montasia

]
  •  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Laurie, Moni, Kendra,

It's so appropriate that you three are the first to comment on my report. Laurie's road trip, Moni's report on standing with 1000 people in her skirt (?), and Kendra's experience with the band are the touchstones that inspire me to keep moving forward. Thanks for reading, and thanks for the encouragement and motivation.

Steph

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: HappyMoni on September 30, 2017, 11:11:41 PM
Next  trip, Florida to Baltimore to Oregon.

Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting mawnies.

Stephie Fudd

•