Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on November 16, 2017, 10:37:18 PM
You mean the article about that awesome chick running the Florida chapter known for its great breakfast fly-ins?

Oh dearie me, y'all are turnin' my head!  I'm gettin' all dewy.

Bless your heart!

:icon_redface:

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Having a great day! Went to my followup appointment with my endo and she upped the dose on my estradiol. Now I'm out to lunch in downtown Orlando, looking fabulous and feeling wonderful. I'm smiling at everyone and they're smiling back. Life is awesome today!

Happy Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Happy is good and it suits you well in your picture.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

Smiling and looking fabulous with it. Enjoy the extra E! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

The Flying Lemur

COngratulations, Steph!  I'm glad that things are going well!
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. --Joseph Campbell
  •  

Jayne01

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on November 17, 2017, 12:32:24 PM
Having a great day! Went to my followup appointment with my endo and she upped the dose on my estradiol. Now I'm out to lunch in downtown Orlando, looking fabulous and feeling wonderful. I'm smiling at everyone and they're smiling back. Life is awesome today!

Happy Steph
Let's hear it for awesome days!  You sure look awesome.  I love the look!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Steph2.0 on November 17, 2017, 12:32:24 PM

Kathy, thanks for the compliment. You can't see too much in the pic. I was wearing jeans, some nice flats, a teal v-neck 3/4 sleeve top, a long black cable-knit cardigan, that colorful scarf, and my favorite straw hat. I love that look, too! I love this cooler weather so I can try out more than just shorts and t-shirts.

The adventures I'd already mentioned were cool, but oh my gosh, there was so much more!

I hadn't mentioned that my endo had told they use a local pharmacy that gives them good discounts, and I might want to give them a call. I realized when I left that they were only five minutes away, so I just drove there. A cute young lady met me at the counter and after a nice discussion I moved all my prescriptions to them. I only need to call and they'll overnight them to me. A big improvement over the mail order pharmacy my insurer uses, which takes at least two weeks to get refills out. A couple of times I've run out before I get them. So that's cool. But the kicker was when she gave me a big smile and said, "We'll be looking forward to your call, Steph." Warm fuzzies!

After my lunch where everyone treated me so nice, even when I had to hand over my "Stephen" credit card, I went to Target, hoping to find some nice boots to go with a western skirt and a sweater I don't have shoes for. No luck, but I did buy some bracelets, and earrings for when I get the ok to take out the starter studs, which should be this weekend. I also tried some skinny jeans, but I'm afraid they don't work for this old lady, at least until the anatomy fits a little better. It was still cool, though, because the lady at the fitting room has to count how many items you're taking in, and after checking she said, "You can go right on in, Ma'am." When I dropped them off on the way out, she said she was sorry they didn't work out...

From there I attacked the male bastion of Home Depot, my old stomping grounds where I used to be so comfortable. I felt like an enemy spy, afraid the sirens were going to go off and the spotlights were going to focus on me. But nuthin'. I found the 1/2" sanding drums for my dremel, and to avoid notice I went to the self-checkout. Of course I walked up to the one with Windows error messages on the screen that said "Please Wait." So I did - until one of the guys with an orange apron walked over and said, "Ma'am, that one's still loading, use this one over here" as he lead me to a different one. Then during the checkout the main screen asked for a PO number while the credit card reader said "Processing." Not needing a P.O., I ignored it and waited for the processing to finish, and a different guy came over to point out it wouldn't finish until something was entered. He typed in a zero and said "There you go, ma'am." Well, so much for avoiding notice, but it worked out great anyway. And he probably felt good for helping a damsel in distress.

From there, on to Kohl's, where I found some different jeans, looked at bras (but refused to pay $38 for one), and had to wait in line with a bunch of other ladies, and no drama ensued. I like Kohl's because I can pay with my watch, and nobody has to see my credit card. On the way out the cashier said, "Have a nice day, dear!" Oh, I am...

Then another big one: I had neglected to contact one of my flying buddies who I'd had many adventures with 15-20 years ago to let him know what was going on. We flew our ultralights together from Michigan to Florida when both moved down here, and before then had enjoyed many other flights together with the group we flew with. He was floored when he found out through my Facebook coming out adventure, but both he and his wonderful wife had pledged their support. My route today was going right by their house, so I texted him to see if I could stop by. I told him if he would rather I not, I understood, and no hard feelings. Of course he wanted to see me! And we had a wonderful visit. They were both so happy that I'm happy. That's the definition of true friends.

And there was one more thing to top off the day. Every Friday I go see doctor Chrystal at Pizza Hut to fill my weekly vitamin P prescription. I order through their tablet app, and about a month ago I changed my name in my profile to "Steph." For a few weeks after that my wife stopped in to pick it up for me, and last week was the first time I did it myself since I'd made the change. These folks are the best at customer service I've ever seen, always cheerful and greeting you as you walk in, but unfortunately last week, it was the usual, "How are you doing tonight, sir?" Not their fault, really, I was dressed kind of androgynously.

But today there could be no mistake about my presentation. I don't know why I was so nervous. I'm just buying pizza from them. I've just gotten to know and like Chrystal, and I was worried about her reaction. She usually recognizes my car and has the prescription on the counter by the time I get inside, but this time I parked off to the side so she didn't see me coming. I walked in, got a bit of a confused smile, and a "Hi!" (no pronouns) but she obviously knew it was me and pulled out my pizza. Same old routine, open it up to make sure it's right, take the credit card, sign the receipt. A little more quiet than usual, but the same good service. I had been going to say something like, "Well, this is me, now," but instead I said, "Thanks for being so cool." She smiled and said, "You have a nice day, now."

And I did.

Steph

•  

Laurie

I am glad you had such an enjoyable day Steph(anie)

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

steph2.0

Jayne, Ben, Megan, Kathy, and especially Laurie,

I wish I could catch some of this joy that's running over and pass it on to you all. The meltdown last weekend seems like it was someone else, now. Sorry for whipsawing everyone.

Tomorrow I'm going to what is being called a "Trans Fashion Show" by the support organization that's hosting it. It's an afternoon of seminars, forums, and learning sessions for things like makeup, wig care, clothing, name changes, job interviews, etc. I'm most interested in the makeup lessons. I'll see a bunch of friends I've made there, and I'm sure it'll be fun.

Remember the commercial breaks for Johnny Carson?
More to Come!

Steph

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on November 18, 2017, 12:50:36 AM
I wish I could catch some of this joy that's running over and pass it on to you all.
Don't worry, Steph, you are doing a good job of passing it on.   I get a delicious warm fuzzy buzz from reading this thread.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on November 18, 2017, 12:50:36 AM
I wish I could catch some of this joy that's running over and pass it on to you all. The meltdown last weekend seems like it was someone else, now. Sorry for whipsawing everyone.
Oh don't worry about that Steph. Your joy is contagious. I usually read your posts several times to make sure I haven't missed anything. I am so happy things are going so well for you. I know what you mean about the meltdown feeling like it was someone else. After I have bounced back from a meltdown, I find it hard to believe that I am the same person that was previously a complete wreck. It's probably a good idea to remember how good you feel now so that if/when another meltdown happens you know that it will pass and the joy will return.

Have fun at the Trans Fashion Show. I wonder if we have anything like that here. I don't know the first thing about makeup and my wife doesn't wear any so she can't really teach me anything. I'll be interested to know how it went.

Once again, I am very happy for all the joy you are feeling. Some of it has definitely rubbed of on me. Thank you!

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on November 18, 2017, 07:41:00 AM
Oh don't worry about that Steph. Your joy is contagious. I usually read your posts several times to make sure I haven't missed anything. I am so happy things are going so well for you. I know what you mean about the meltdown feeling like it was someone else. After I have bounced back from a meltdown, I find it hard to believe that I am the same person that was previously a complete wreck. It's probably a good idea to remember how good you feel now so that if/when another meltdown happens you know that it will pass and the joy will return.

Oh yeah, I knew that I had been happy. But just like physical pain, you know you had it, but the memory doesn't let you actually feel it (that's a good thing with pain). The best you can do is tell yourself that you will feel it again, after you get through the current mess.

QuoteHave fun at the Trans Fashion Show. I wonder if we have anything like that here. I don't know the first thing about makeup and my wife doesn't wear any so she can't really teach me anything. I'll be interested to know how it went.

I mistitled it. They're actually calling it an Expo, not Show. I was hoping it wouldn't involve a catwalk. But it doesn't matter. The plane I've had custody of will be going home tomorrow or Monday, and the weather is too beautiful. I'm going flying instead. While my wife, like yours, doesn't use makeup, I found out a friend of mine used to work as a cosmetologist, and she wants me to come over for a lesson. So I get to fly and get free makeup lessons. Works for me!

And to be honest, I used to need such get-togethers just so I could feel comfortable as myself and be among "my kind." But I'm finding that as I work deeper into my RLE and have found acceptance by those I'm already close with, the need for that kind of interaction is going away. I have made a few friends there, some whom are actually pretty special, and still intend to attend social events occasionally, but they're becoming integrated into my regular life now, instead of being something that takes precedence over everything else. I feel like things are much more balanced now. I guess I'm sliding slowly from having transness being the overwhelming thing in my life, into just living authentically, with being trans just another aspect of my personality. I suspect that's what we all want, ultimately.

QuoteOnce again, I am very happy for all the joy you are feeling. Some of it has definitely rubbed of on me. Thank you!

And thank you! We all pass our happiness on to each other when we have extra. Joy is a slippery thing to get hold of, but hopefully as we pass it around, it sticks a little bit. It's a viscous circle! (Pun very much intended.)

Kendra! You're up!

Steph

•  

Laurie

Enjoy your makeover Steph(anie)

•  

Kendra

Steph this is just plane great!  You quickly recovered from last week's stall, more than makeup for any turbulence.  Now you're enjoying a gracefully balanced glide path.  Props to you.

Joy stick.  I've filed paperwork for a modified flight plan with a January 18 takeoff.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on November 18, 2017, 02:54:17 PM
Steph this is just plane great!  You quickly recovered from last week's stall, more than makeup for any turbulence.  Now you're enjoying a gracefully balanced glide path.  Props to you.

Joy stick.  I've filed paperwork for a modified flight plan with a January 18 takeoff.

I am so incredibly happy for you that you'll be switching from a stick to a yoke when you fly! Me too some day.

Funny we should be using flying metaphors. Sue and I just flew out to a cool restaurant for an early dinner. Two cool chicks out for a flight, and the waitress is treating us ladies very well.

By the way, we weren't in the cockpit. It's now called the box office.

Steph the Badass Aviatrix

•  

steph2.0

A neighbor who's been away for a year finally made it back yesterday, and it wasn't until a few days ago that she realized what I've been doing with my life. I suddenly got a bunch of long text messages about how she thought it was so cool that I was taking charge of being happy, and couldn't wait to meet the new me.

So last night my wife and I and our scurvy dawg did the Welcome Wagon thing and visited with her. She was happy happy to see us, and after talking about a bunch of things, the conversation inevitably came round to my situation. As I end up telling everyone, "But enough about myself. Let's talk about me."

Two things stand out that topped off another outstanding day. I had mentioned that I felt lucky (finally, after hating it for so long) to be only 5'5" and 140 lbs. She responded that it was good that I had delicate facial features, too. I never thought that was the case, but I was happy to hear it.

Then later when I was talking about how the hormones change fat distribution, that I may be seeing some very minor changes already, but I was surprised that I seemed to be passing ok, she looked hard and said, "I don't really see any masculine features in your face."

I don't really believe it, but I think I'll enjoy the feeling. Carl is taking me in the express elevator up to Cloud 10. Megan, I'll wave at you as I zoom past #9.

Steph

•  

Megan.

More positivity from someone who certainly deserves it. Enjoy the ride,  and Carl haha [emoji16]

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Megan. on November 19, 2017, 08:25:31 AM
More positivity from someone who certainly deserves it. Enjoy the ride,  and Carl haha [emoji16]

I just found out that the express elevator is run by Otis. Nice guy, but very emotional. Lots of ups and downs. Be careful not to push his buttons.

•  

Megan.

Please don't ever go on tour,  there'll be riots. [emoji23]

•