News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on December 15, 2017, 07:16:32 PM
I drive a Fiat.  Aren't you the chick with a Cooper?

OMG, you're right! And it's a Coupe, too! I may squawk occasionally, but it's nothing to crow about.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

A little more relaxed day today, but a few cool things still happened.

The trip I made yesterday to work on the plane was to fix a potentially dangerous fuel leak, so the owner could fly it safely up here for some other minor maintenance he wanted me to do on it. He brought it in and I worked through the squawk list (yes, that's really what it's called, you bird brains), and wrapped up right around lunch time. The owner has made it a tradition to always take me to lunch when I work on his plane. Today, though, would be the first time that I would be going as my new self. When we decided we were ready for lunch, he told me he would handle installing the engine cowls so I could go in and make myself ready for lunch. In essence, he told me it was OK to go get prettied up to go out. Wow, cool! I got out of my work clothes, fixed my makeup and hair, and off we went - back to the same place our group had ended up at after my court appointment. I was welcomed back by a few of the staff who remembered our celebration, and our waiter Jason gave me a big hug. But the really cool thing? My neighbor and a bunch of his visiting family were sitting two tables away. I saw my neighbor look up and around the restaurant, and he looked directly at me - and went right on by, not recognizing me. Apparently he just saw a woman he didn't know sitting there, and kept looking around. My friend and I both watched him do this, and we just grinned at each other. I count that as a total pass.

Later as my friend got ready to fly home, I asked him to thank his wife for the nice time she showed me yesterday. And he told me that she really enjoyed it, too, because she doesn't have many lady friends around her neighborhood that she can talk with any more. Wait... what!? I apparently qualify as a woman friend that she can confide in and share with. I can't describe how cool that feels! Just thinking about that makes me all shivery.

One final thing before I shut down for the night. Sue and I sat down to finalize our health care paperwork for 2018. As part of that I went back through the profile and updated my name and gender information. And occasionally as we worked through all the forms, that name would pop up front and center on my screen. Every time it did I got a little buzz of surprise and pleasure. I'm still not used to seeing it so blatantly and openly.

But I like it. A lot.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Short entry today. I get cleaned up, did my makeup and hair, and got dressed up in a beautiful flowered maxi dress with short cap sleeves and a black infinity scarf worn over my shoulders shawl-style. As I checked my look for the last time before I left, I was completely blown away at the woman I saw in the mirror. We gave each other a big grin. I felt incredibly feminine - incredibly right.

I hopped in the roller skate to drive the 1:20 to the T-network Christmas party in St. Pete. I missed the last meeting, so it's been two months since they've seen me, and even then I had been dressed in my Captain Sillyburger Halloween costume. I've also had my hair colored and styled, and learned a little about makeup.

Apparently I've really changed. The president of the organization saw me come in, and walked over to introduce herself to the new person. It wasn't until someone else told her who I was that she realized she already knew me. That happened with a few other people, and those who did recognize me had profuse compliments. And for some reason, people tended to gravitate to me all evening, whereas they used to ignore me. I think I must have been radiating happiness and contentment, and seemed approachable.

Back home again, I sat down on the couch next to Sue. All I could think of to say was, "I'm happy." She was glad. Then I told her, "I didn't know it was possible to feel this way." And I had to go get some tissues for all the happy tears.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Stephanie

PS: Sorry Kathy, no pics. But it did happen! I plan to wear the same outfit to a different party next Wednesday, and will get some pictures then...

•  

SadieBlake

<le sigh>, and I remember when you were worried about passing, so recently :-).

I sometimes have to stay away from your thread lest the fab outfits and talk of being taken for femme makes me shift over from a little envy to actual jealousy ;-).

Hugs to you Stephanie, I'm super glad you're having do much fun!
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 17, 2017, 12:00:24 AM
PS: Sorry Kathy, no pics. But it did happen! I plan to wear the same outfit to a different party next Wednesday, and will get some pictures then...
No worries.  I am content to admire your smiling face in your avatar and read your rhapsody of happiness.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: SadieBlake on December 17, 2017, 06:09:18 AM
<le sigh>, and I remember when you were worried about passing, so recently :-).

Oh, believe me, the worry is still a constant, uh, worry. I've been full-time for a while now, but even just walking my dog around the safe space that is my neighborhood still feels like a scary adventure. I haven't yet been able to just blast out there into the world full of strangers with full confidence. I go anyway, but when I get home always have the feeling of, "Whew! Got away with it one more time!"

QuoteI sometimes have to stay away from your thread lest the fab outfits and talk of being taken for femme makes me shift over from a little envy to actual jealousy ;-).

I... what? You know how wordy I am. And I just don't know what to say. You, envious of me? No...

My brain is churning.

QuoteHugs to you Stephanie, I'm super glad you're having do much fun!

It's going to take a while to process your message. So I'll just say thank you!.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 17, 2017, 06:35:44 AM
No worries.  I am content to admire your smiling face in your avatar and read your rhapsody of happiness.

So if I try a different hair removal method, would I wax rhapsodic?

Too nerdy? Yeah...

•  

steph2.0

A bit of frustration this morning with credit card companies. With the helpful advice of you all, I thought I was armed to make changing the name on the cards an easy thing.

Not.

I'm guessing that everyone is running so scared of fraud nowadays that the requirements to just change a name on a card are boosted to a ridiculous level (IMHO).

First up: Discover. I was ready to call, then saw I had a Chat option. I always prefer that if possible because I have a written record. "Betty" insisted that I go to their website, fill out a form, and upload copies of the court order,
and either the new driver's license or SSC. Since I don't have the latter two in my greasy paws yet, that's not an option. Well, how about setting up another authorized user with their own card? Nope, can't have two users with the same SS number. I tried to force the issue by laying it all out - I'm transgender and have been refraining from using their card to avoid awkwardness. Congratulations, but sorry. I finally got Betty to agree to issue another card with just the first and middle initials as a temporary measure. Good thing I kept them the same.

On to Bank of America Visa. No chat available, so I called. The automated system took my information, and Walter answered, "How can I help you, Mister Bensinger?" Name change. Great, what is it changing to? Stephanie R. Congratulations! Now we need to send you a form via snailmail, you need to fill it out, and send it back with a copy of (only) the court order. How about just adding a second user with a different name? Sorry. How about just initials? Nope. The best he would do is expedite the handling and send the forms via UPS overnight.

So now I wait...

Steph

•  

Laurie

Do not forget the three credit companies if you want to retain your credit rating. Having no established credit rating is a problem I have read about several times here.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

•  

Anne Blake

Has anyone updated their changes with the three credit rating companies? Was it successful and how did you do it?
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Anne Blake
link=topic=228563.msg2062471#msg2062471 date=1513543564

Has anyone updated their changes with the three credit rating companies? Was it successful and how did you do it?
I wrote a letter to Equifax, Experian, TransUnion with my previous and new name and gender marker, enclosed a photocopy of court order and driver license.  I just sent it in so I don't know if I was successful, but perhaps the next massive data leak will be more accurate.  :P

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 17, 2017, 07:09:54 AM
So if I try a different hair removal method, would I wax rhapsodic?
I won't shadow that hair razing statement with a plucky answer.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on December 17, 2017, 02:46:04 PM

Hi Tia,

This post may be of interest to you. It is a letter Sydney used for the credit companies.

Re: LEGAL NAME AND SEX CHANGE QUESTION

I hope it helps.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

SadieBlake

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 17, 2017, 07:06:53 AM
Oh, believe me, the worry is still a constant, uh, worry. I've been full-time for a while now, but even just walking my dog around the safe space that is my neighborhood still feels like a scary adventure. I haven't yet been able to just blast out there into the world full of strangers with full confidence. I go anyway, but when I get home always have the feeling of, "Whew! Got away with it one more time!"

I... what? You know how wordy I am. And I just don't know what to say. You, envious of me? No...

My brain is churning.

It's going to take a while to process your message. So I'll just say thank you!.

Stephanie

Chalk it up to Sadie having a hard week. Those still happen and I'm happier inside. Hell, I'm surviving as an artist and if things are tight, well that's what you get in the art market when people are justifiably nervous about the orange menace.

When a now very late payment finally hits my snail mail, I'll be able to afford my next small experiment, seeing if minoxidil can reverse some of the mpb that has been part of my life since I was mid twenties.

Hugs again and best wishes always :-)

S
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: SadieBlake on December 18, 2017, 03:26:57 AMWhen a now very late payment finally hits my snail mail, I'll be able to afford my next small experiment, seeing if minoxidil can reverse some of the mpb that has been part of my life since I was mid twenties.

Hugs again and best wishes always :-)

Thanks, Sadie, and back atcha.

Your post does bring up a question. Is topical minoxidil even necessary after starting finasteride? Seem that they both take care of DHT, so maybe it's redundant(?)

Maybe I should post his question in a hair loss thread, but possibly you know the answer.

Steph

•  

steph2.0

Tia, Kendra, Moni, and anyone else who's watching, who is either scheduled for or has undergone GCS:

I have locked down my health insurance for next year, and chose a policy with an eye toward the best coverage for surgery. Now I'm lost. Do any of you have a timeline or checklist I can use to guide me through all of this? I have no idea what to do next, so any help would be muchly appreciated!

Stephanie

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 19, 2017, 08:24:16 AM
Thanks, Sadie, and back atcha.

Your post does bring up a question. Is topical minoxidil even necessary after starting finasteride? Seem that they both take care of DHT, so maybe it's redundant(?)

Maybe I should post his question in a hair loss thread, but possibly you know the answer.

Steph
My understanding is that Minoxidil does not block DHT, rather it improves blood flow to the folicles, helping to deliver nutrients and (possibly) 'wash away' accumulated DHT. It's therefore complimentary to Finasteride.

For this reason,  I still use both Min and Fin,  alongside my E and GnRH blocker.

As always, consult your doctor!

X.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Megan. on December 19, 2017, 08:34:08 AM
My understanding is that Minoxidil does not block DHT, rather it improves blood flow to the folicles, helping to deliver nutrients and (possibly) 'wash away' accumulated DHT. It's therefore complimentary to Finasteride.

For this reason,  I still use both Min and Fin,  alongside my E and GnRH blocker.

As always, consult your doctor!

Ah, thanks Megan. I didn't realize they worked in different ways. I'll stick with the Min, then, since it does seem to have made a huge difference on my crown.

BTW, I've found that the foam isn't nearly as greasy as the liquid. Not only did I hate using the liquid in the morning because of the greaser look, but if I tried to use the full-dropper dose it would just run off my head. It was way too much. Now I use the foam in the morning and half a dropper of liquid at night.

Steph

•  

Megan.

I'm no expert, but this was always my understanding...

I've only ever used the foam. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Megan. on December 19, 2017, 08:44:03 AM
I'm no expert, but this was always my understanding...

I've only ever used the foam.

Once the liquid is used up, I'll go strictly to the foam!

•