News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bari Jo

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 02, 2018, 10:54:45 PM
Don't think your ticker hasn't escaped my notice. Happy Rebirthday!

Stephanie

This reminds me of my favorite Alice In Wonderland quote.

"Today is my unbirthday too!"

For some reason I think of this probably 10 times a week.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jayne01

Laurie, why do you want to put Steph on top of the fridge? Don't you know it isn't nice to bully the little ones?
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 02, 2018, 11:48:50 PM
Don't you know it isn't nice to bully the little ones?

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

While you're on the fridge, Steph, are there any treats hidden up there left over from Halloween?
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 02, 2018, 11:54:49 PM
While you're on the fridge, Steph, are there any treats hidden up there left over from Halloween?

Hmm. Let's see. Lots of dust jackrabbits, a layer of grease... ooo, what's this? No, that's not candy. Bleh.

Hey, nice view from up here.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Cassi

Wiggle so you can get rid of the dust.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

steph2.0

If you ever get a chance to see a band called Free Beer (full name Free Beer at Exit 80) don't think twice. Just go. The band and the songs are pretty good by themselves, but the violin player is completely kick-ass (in more ways than one) and just makes the band.

If you see them now at the Brick in Roslyn, WA, you'll have bragging rights when they go on national tour.

- Stephanie

•  

davina61

Just seen this (not been on as you may have seen been poorly) and reading through my cheeks are moist. I can believe it of Kendra bless her , Hugs of happiness of the digital kind XXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

bethanyz

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 02, 2018, 09:43:16 PM
Hi Beth and Saha!! It's cool to meet you, and welcome to Susan's Place. Yes, you'd better take good care of your girl Kendra. She is one of a kind, and has a permanent place in my heart now. I admired her before as we became friends and bantered back and forth, but her latest shenanigan was so far outside my experience that there's now a solid connection forever. You'd best appreciate what you've got, or take a look at our picture around the fire, and note the weapon I'm holding...  ;D

Stephanie

The pleasure is mine Stephanie.  Congratulations to you!!  Such a big event, i'm so glad that Kendra was able to pull off such a sweet shenanigan!! 

Yes, Kendra is, without a doubt, truly amazing!!  We are very blessed and work hard to show it!! She has a permanent place in our hearts as well.  You can be sure that we will take great care of her (well, as much as her stubborn will let us!!)
  •  

LizK

Had to go back three pages to find out how it all turned out and what an amazing night you had. Wow what a surprise...you must feel wonderful to have all that love and support. Fantastic you deserve  the happiness and I am sure things are just going to keep getting better for you.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on January 02, 2018, 04:18:38 AM
We are all in this together - every one of us here on Susan's.  By sharing our fears, goals and accomplishments we help each other move forward and experience the best possible future. 

Pronouns roasting on an open fire
Baseball hats burning into the past
As Stephanie shows more than in dreams,
We can fly

The URL for that last graphic has an extra "http://" in it. Here's the image she intended to show:

It's the pin I gave all the women who have been so good to me. I had bought myself one when I first came out, and I couldn't think of a better way to honor them.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

It's been a quiet week here in Lake Stephbegone.

Heh.

The paper chase continues as one by one I check off groups, organizations, and businesses that are still trying to call me that old name. So far I've got the drivers license and SSC done, passport is being processed, two credit cards are being taken care of, bank accounts know who I am, and I finished up with the auto insurance company today and have insurance cards with Stephanie on them. I contacted the county office where we got married to find out what we need to do to change the marriage certificate, but apparently there's no changing it. Instead we need to keep a copy of the court order with it to present if someone needs to see it. OK, saves us a trip to the county office.

Then there's a whole ton of businesses. As I get emails from them, I jump right into their website and change the name and gender if they track it.

I had a fun thing happen with an electronics components supplier. I went into their website and changed my name and email address, and got an email back:

QuoteI have received your request to modify a Customer record. This Customer number belongs to someone else, and for security reasons, it is unavailable for modification by you.

Is Steve Bensinger still with the company?

Bwah hahaha! Reply:

QuoteYes, in a manner of speaking, Steve Bensinger is still with the company. As part of larger changes in my life, I have petitioned the court and had a legal name change from Steve (Stephen) to Stephanie.

And that was it. I got a response that the name was changed, a "Best Regards" and on we go.

I have much more to write about, but I'll split it up into separate posts so that someone who will go unnamed, but whose initials are Laurie, won't withhold my wine and chocolates up here on the fridge.

Stephanie

•  

Jayne01

You have chocolates up there? What's up with that? Is there room on the fridge for one more? Chocolate is our friend mmmmmmmmm.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 09, 2018, 09:55:41 PM
You have chocolates up there? What's up with that? Is there room on the fridge for one more? Chocolate is our friend mmmmmmmmm.

Hey, get your own fridge. I've got a nice little nest up here full of wine, coffee, chocolate, and #stormchips. All I need is pizza and I've got all the major food groups covered.

Stephanie

•  

Laurie

Okay you lady, skoot yourself over closer. Okay hold on..you've been up there long enough and getting too comfortable.... beside Sue threatened to slap me up the side of the head if I didn't take you down....down ya go. btw got any chocolates?
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on January 09, 2018, 10:09:05 PM
Okay you lady, skoot yourself over closer. Okay hold on..you've been up there long enough and getting too comfortable.... beside Sue threatened to slap me up the side of the head if I didn't take you down....down ya go. btw got any chocolates?

Waaaaa!!! Everything is up on top of the fridge and I can't reach them!

I'd complain some more, but wait a minute. I gotta go pee.

Stephanie

PS: Yeah. Uh huh. You don't wanna be messin' with the Dragon Lady. If those claws come out you don't want to be within striking distance. Don't ask how I know.

•  

Jayne01

Oh, there was more to your post. You distracted me with chocolate.

It's good to see progress being made with the name change. You must also be happy with the electronics supplier trying to protect your account when they thought you were not you.

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Well, I had promised myself that after the holidays were cleared out, it was time to pursue GCS. With Sue's help we dug into the insurance company search engine and tried to find what they call GRS surgeons. Well... it's not a search term they allow. You've got to choose from prepopulated pulldown lists, and it isn't a choice. "Gender" isn't an allowed choice, either. You have to know who you're looking for and where they are, then do a search by area and name. Luckily I've been collecting names for the last six months.

The ones I found that were in-network were: Bowers, Gallagher, Kuzon, Oates, Schechter, Bluebond-Langner, Rumer, and Ting.

Bowers would be wonderful. But there's no way I can wait four years. I need to wrap it up this year in case we lose insurance coverage next year. Kuzon in Ann Arbor is interesting because it's close to my home town, and I could recover at the Mother ship. But I've never heard of him or his work. Bluebond-Langner has a good reputation, and Gallagher seems to be up and coming. I don't remember much about Schechter in Chicago. I haven't heard of Oates in Boston, and I've been steered away from Rumer.

But when I saw the last one, my mind went "ting!" Where did I hear that before? Ah, Mt. Sinai in New York. And he's been doing the peritoneal method. Verrry interesting. I went to his website, and got to thinking, how can you go wrong at Mt Sinai? And he was trained by Marci Bowers. And... that dang peritoneal method keeps grabbing my attention. So I went to the page to request an appointment, filled in the form... and stared at the submit button. And stared. And finally went to bed.

The next morning there it was still, glaring at me like a big green eye. I stared. And I poked it in the eye. Off those electrons ran, all the way to New York. The next morning a reply came with general descriptions of how they work the process and what paperwork I needed to provide. On the first visit you meet with medical, social work (whatever that is) and mental health providers, in what are apparently three different interviews. The next visit would be with the surgeon. Those four consultations could all be handled in one trip, and theoretically they can set a date after the interview with the surgeon. The next trip then, would be for the surgery itself.

They requested a copy of my driver's license and insurance card, plus my address and phone number, which I provided. And that's where we stand at the moment. I don't know yet if this is the right way to go, but it looks like I'll be traveling to NYC soon.

And to be honest, that scares me a lot more than the GCS. I'm extremely uncomfortable in big cities, and they don't come much bigger. I've never been there, and am completely clueless on how things like subways and taxis and, well, anything works there. But I've broken down lots and lots of barriers to get where I am now. I can get through that, too. I'm keeping my eyes on the prize...

Stephanie

•  

Jayne01

Oh how exciting! GCS is on its way to becoming a reality for you. That is way, way, waaaaaay down the line for me, if it will happen at all. I love NYC. Been there 4 or 5 times. We usually use it as a stopover for a few days on the way to or from Nova Scotia when visiting my wife's family. I prefer the countryside to cities, but as far as cities go, NYC is pretty cool. You will be fine. The subway is really easy to use, and there are more taxis than any other vehicle. Did I mention how exciting this is?

Jayne
  •