Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Alright now i have a wet cheek and blurry vision.There goes the mascara. I hope you are happy.
Have a good flight.

Love ya Steph
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Life has moved on to another higher plateau. The walls keep falling...

Yesterday I was able to give away a little happiness to someone dear to me (starts with an "L"). The cool thing? I gave away joy but got more back in return. Talk about a great return on investment!

My bestest friend in the whole wide world praised me for it (I hope she doesn't mind that I quote it here, but it's so important to me):

QuoteIf the time comes that you have another down day and your confidence is low, I'm going to point this out as a prime example of how much of a positive impact you've had on a lot of people's lives. We love you, Steph!

My knee started to jerk in the same old reaction it's had for 50 years... then paused. After absorbing it, I ended up writing this in response:

QuoteYou know, when I read that I thought I'd cry again. But it just added more joy to my day and made me smile even more. Strange how giving away happiness just adds to your own. I do hope it'll help to be reminded of that when I need it. But you know how it is.  Not to be fatalistic, but we've both been through it often enough to know how hard it is to crawl out of that hole. In any case, one thing I'm trying to do is to accept such praise instead of dismissing it. I'm beginning to understand that building up my sense of self-worth is not the same as being egotistical [or narcissistic]. It's more finally coming to the realization that maybe I'm actually a good person and need to just be me.

That newfound confidence manifested itself in many ways in the last two days.

I got another email from someone asking about the plane I sell. It was addressed to "Steve." With no other comment, I answered all his questions and attached my updated signature line, which has "Stephanie Bensinger" as the name. No reply yet, but this is me.

This morning I got up late with lab tests scheduled, and managed to put myself together in 10-15 minutes and still make it to the appointment just a little late, looking fabulous. This was my first time going to Quest Diagnostics in my new persona, and there was no issue at all with that... there was a paperwork SNAFU that hasn't been resolved yet, but at least I was treated well.

So I left without bloodletting, and thought to myself, "Self, you're dressed up with no place to go. Might as well get some other paperwork straightened out." Off to my dentist I went. At my last appointment I'd told my dentist and hygienist what was coming up. I didn't know how they'd handle it with the rest of the staff. I walked up to the counter, and the lady who always greets me said, "Good morning, do you have an appointment?" I said no, but I need to update my medical records. Her eyebrows went up, and she said, "OH! We were told you'd be in to update them!" On the one hand, it was a little disappointing that she recognized me. On the other, it took some time for her to realize it. I had to fill out a new set of background paperwork, and have a new picture taken (to which she said, "Beautiful!"), and off I went with smiles all around.

Well, what the heck. I'm going right past my eye doctor on the way home. Might as well... Walked up to the desk - need to update medical records - come around to the back - last name?

"First name?"

"Well, that's the thing."

"Oh! Do you have new ID?" I had my new driver's license in my hand, she looked and smiled, and went to the back to make a copy. She took my updated insurance card, made changes in the files, and all was well. As I packed up my purse, she smiled even bigger and said, "More power to you! Good luck!" I said thank you, it's going very well, and she said she was glad.

When I got home I listened to a voice mail on my phone from a guy who's heading a volunteer crew at the Sun N Fun fly-in in April, and he wants me on his team. He called to talk to Steph about it.

Maybe not up to the same standards, but I hope to see SpaceX launch the the Falcon 9 Heavy from my house in a few hours. Though it's 100 miles away, it should be very visible from here.

But the most wonderful news of all came from that bestest friend I mentioned above. I'm not going to ruin her surprise - that's for her to post in her own thread - but it made me so happy I can hardly stand it.

Grin grin grin!

Life is pretty dang good...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 06, 2018, 10:40:38 AM
Grin grin grin!

Life is pretty dang good...

Stephanie
If that's your "pretty dang good" grin, I really want to see your "fantabulous" grin!   :D

I am so happy that things are going well for you, Steph!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 06, 2018, 11:24:56 AM
If that's your "pretty dang good" grin, I really want to see your "fantabulous" grin!   :D

I am so happy that things are going well for you, Steph!

I tried that and my face cracked. Not quite so outrageous:

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Hi Steph({a}n)[ie]

Day after day you add you your own joy as you realize and continue to make changes in your life. I believe you are even making progress in handling the occasional misnaming or misgendering. Yes they can sneak up on you but you'll get better at coping as you get better at accepting yourself in your heart. Yes hun you are still working on it there too. If you where securely entrenched in your self identity these external hiccups wouldn't be that much of a problem for you. You are getting there though little by little you inch toward it. You will get there with the help of all of us, But especially with those closest to you Sue, Cassie, Kendra come to mind here. Where would we be without our support systems?
  I also want to say your "grin" picture looks great hun.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 06, 2018, 11:33:03 AM
I tried that and my face cracked. Not quite so outrageous:

I keep telling you, that is one sassy lady in this picture! Hugs!
  •  

Anne Blake

Cassie, I will fully agree with you on that, she sure is cute and sassy!

You are looking good Steph!

Tia Anne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 06, 2018, 10:40:38 AM...

This, right here, STEPH!!  That smile obviously means you were just caught red-handed in some tomfoolery .. fess up!!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

I suspect Faith is right on the reason for the grinning...

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on February 06, 2018, 05:41:57 PM
This, right here, STEPH!!  That smile obviously means you were just caught red-handed in some tomfoolery .. fess up!!

I didn't do it. Nobody saw me. You can't prove anything.

Also: I'll never do it again, and Pics or it didn't happen.

Stephanie

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 06, 2018, 10:40:38 AM

Folks, allow me to introduce the New and Improved Steph 2.1, which includes the following exciting new features:

Confidence Engine 2.1: Tackle interpersonal and bureaucratic challenges many times faster than previous versions.
Gender Autocorrect: Any voice input containing erroneous gender pronouns will be instantly and consistently corrected.
Deadname Autoresponder: Auto-replies to deadnaming with right and proper name.
Fast Reliable Instant Emotional Networking Device (F.R.I.E.N.D.): Readily establishes connections to support resources in the event of a slowdown or crash.
Standard Independent System Terminator - Emotional Runaway (S.I.S.T.E.R.): Mitigates impact of runaway emotional processing jobs and will take over communication in the event of F.R.I.E.N.D. interface failure. Also provides refresh of stale emotional states.

Bugfixes:
Emotional subroutine consuming excessive processing resources: Enhancements to Confidence Engine enable early detection and redirect of runaway emotions. Engages F.R.I.E.N.D. interface as needed.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: SassyCassie on February 06, 2018, 10:35:15 PM
Folks, allow me to introduce the New and Improved Steph 2.1, which includes the following exciting new features:

Confidence Engine 2.1: Tackle interpersonal and bureaucratic challenges many times faster than previous versions.
Gender Autocorrect: Any voice input containing erroneous gender pronouns will be instantly and consistently corrected.
Fast Reliable Instant Emotional Networking Device (F.R.I.E.N.D.): Readily establishes connections to support resources in the event of a slowdown or crash.
Standard Independent System Terminator - Emotional Runaway (S.I.S.T.E.R.): Mitigates impact of runaway emotional processing jobs and will take over communication in the event of F.R.I.E.N.D. interface failure. Also provides refresh of stale emotional states.

Bugfixes:
Emotional subroutine consuming excessive processing resources: Enhancements to Confidence Engine enable early detection and redirect of runaway emotions. Engages F.R.I.E.N.D. interface as needed.

Highlevel Algorithm for Parsing Pleasing Inputs (H.A.P.P.I.): Enables more efficient processing dependent on and proportional to positive biases from S.I.S.T.E.R. and F.R.I.E.N.D. subroutines. Currently v1.1b, but release imminent due to bug-free results of current testing.

- Stephanie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 07, 2018, 12:51:29 AM
Highlevel Algorithm for Parsing Pleasing Inputs (H.A.P.P.I.): Enables more efficient processing dependent on and proportional to positive biases from S.I.S.T.E.R. and F.R.I.E.N.D. subroutines. Currently v1.1b, but release imminent due to bug-free results of current testing.

- Stephanie
Hmmm Did I hear crickets or was that just the sound of (((Ste)(p)a)ni)e thinking of her response?

It's 3 am and all is well. Only 105 miles to go. With morning traffic it may take several more hours to go wake Michelle.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on February 07, 2018, 05:07:11 AM
Hmmm Did I hear crickets or was that just the sound of (((Ste)(p)a)ni)e thinking of her response?

It's 3 am and all is well. Only 105 miles to go. With morning traffic it may take several more hours to go wake Michelle.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Dunno about crickets, but there was the sound of gears grinding and a lot of smoke.

Wearing your badger repellant?

(573P84N13)

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on February 07, 2018, 05:07:11 AM

If Steph's humor is anything like mine at all, you can never public post the first thing that comes to mind.
The way my Dad was while I was raised really took a toll on my mind when it comes to appropriate humor responses ... "But I'm feeling much better now".
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on February 07, 2018, 11:31:43 AM
If Steph's humor is anything like mine at all, you can never public post the first thing that comes to mind.
The way my Dad was while I was raised really took a toll on my mind when it comes to appropriate humor responses ... "But I'm feeling much better now".

I'm not dead yet!

- Stephanie

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: SassyCassie on February 06, 2018, 10:35:15 PM

Bugfixes:

Very clever.  :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 07, 2018, 06:07:57 AM
Dunno about crickets, but there was the sound of gears grinding and a lot of smoke.

Wearing your badger repellant?

(573P84N13)
So far badger repellent hasn't been necessary.  I haven't seen them yet. Mayhaps Michelle locked them up.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on February 07, 2018, 03:37:50 PM
So far badger repellent hasn't been necessary.  I haven't seen them yet. Mayhaps Michelle locked them up.

I suggest checking under the bed. [emoji33]

Stephanie

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 07, 2018, 01:56:48 PM
Very clever.  :)

Every now and again, my addled, sleep-deprived brain spits out a nugget of what could be interpreted as "gold". Now, whether that may or may not be "fool's gold" is certainly open for debate! :D
  •