News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: SassyCassie on February 08, 2018, 10:08:11 AM
Every now and again, my addled, sleep-deprived brain spits out a nugget of what could be interpreted as "gold". Now, whether that may or may not be "fool's gold" is certainly open for debate! :D

And then I have to come up with something just as clever. No pressure...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 07, 2018, 04:33:33 PM
I suggest checking under the bed. [emoji33]

Stephanie
Still no sign of honey badgers, not even under the bed. There has been a fair amount of sweetness here though. Somehow it makes me a little wary in a Hansel and Gretel kind of way. Michelle's apartment isn't made of ginger bread but there are cookies and milk readily available.  If she keeps feeding me I will surely get fatter. I am a little confused about the walking tour of the town she gave me yesterday. The exercise seems to be somewhat at odds with the lavish feedings she's been giving. Obviously I will need to be on guard for ulterior motives today.

Hugs,
    Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Happy Friday, everyone. A toast to another great day as me!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

I'd toast back atcha Steph, but I ate it.

Happy Friday Gorgeous

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on February 09, 2018, 10:00:58 AM
I'd toast back atcha Steph, but I ate it.

Happy Friday Gorgeous

Back atcha, Cutie!

Stephanie

•  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

So why'm I in such a good mood? It's been a few more nice days.

Remember when I mentioned the paperwork SNAFU at Quest Diagnostics? Well, I took another swipe at it yesterday... and the paperwork was still #*a@%ed up. But the nurse was so nice and helpful, and the doctor's office that made the mistake was so apologetic, and everyone used the right name and pronouns, so it ended up being a net positive experience.

Back home to pick up Sue. We'd decided to try switching from ATT to that new 55+ plan at T-mobile, so we girls drove to one of those pink stores. Giselle asked if both we ladies were going to be on the same plan, then who would be the primary account holder. Before Sue could answer I grabbed my ID and credit card and handed them over with a big smile. Both have the correct name, of course. The only thing that made me sweat was when she said she'd have to run a quick credit check. I haven't attempted to change anything with the credit reporting services yet. Apparently there were no problems with that. There were other problems with her computer system, though, to the point where she had to call her support folks for help. She explained that there were two ladies attempting to switch their service. There was a pause,and she said, "Ok, let me put her on," and handed me the phone. I came very close to making the guy at the other end think there was a feedback loop (SQUEEEEEEE!) but I restrained myself and concentrated on my voice. We got it all worked out and while Giselle was working through the paperwork, the lady standing next to me struck up a conversation. She was literally 16 inches from me, and just started chatting about why she was upgrading her phone and wondering what to do with the old one and... well I forget the details. I was just so lost in the moment and nearly staggered by the fact that I was just having a smiling, unselfconscious chat with another lady who I'd never met before. It was just so incredibly warm and affirming. Finally everything was wrapped up, and we left with working phones, smiles, and a "Thank you, ladies."

From there it was to the Mother Ship for lunch and tech support on her computer. I was greeted with, "Hi, Stephanie, it's good to see my daughter!"  (Or something like that.) I couldn't stop grinning, and we hugged for a long time. We ate comfort food and I figured out the computer problem. Mom and her hubby still fall into the misgendering and old-naming traps, but they're getting better, and I'm making peace with the idea that this'll take a while, and I just throw out gentle reminders as needed.

On the way home we needed to do some shopping at Wally World. A few staples, a Keurig coffee maker on sale for $50, and the best part: new shoes!  I found some really cute black ballet flats and some tan flats with neat cross-cross straps, not only in my size, but really comfortable, too! As other ladies shopped in the same aisle we excused ourselves as we got out of each other's way, and there was no weirdness at all. Went home to dinner and a nice evening.

This morning it was back to Quest for one more shot at the lab tests. Signed in, and there was a much bigger crowd waiting today - but nobody looked twice. Finally, the nurse called me - in the past two tries she'd used my last name, but today it was, "Steph, come on back!" We seem like old friends now who've been through a battle together. When she sat down to draw blood she wanted to chat about the weird morning she'd had. Based on the tests the order calls for, she must know my story, but she gave no indication of it at all. It was just more girl talk, sharing our trials and tribulations without filters. It seems like women are just comfortable talking with me. And I love it! Now that I think about it, this isn't a new thing. It seems like women have always felt comfortable around me. I must have been sending signals even I didn't know about.

I had to do some more shopping on the way home, and once I got into the store, I didn't want to leave. I just wanted to spend more time out in the world as me.

Irrational exuberance? Maybe. But I don't care. I keep recalling lines from Whitman's The Song of the Open Road that I've quoted here before. They've been burned into my mind, and I thank Ashley once again for introducing me to them:

QuoteI inhale great draughts of space,
The east and the west are mine,
and the north and the south are mine.
I am larger, better than I thought,
I did not know I held so much goodness.
All seems beautiful to me,
I can repeat over to men and women
You have done such good to me I would do the same to you

Where has the fear gone? Once in a while I catch a few whispers of it, but it seems to have faded into the distance, with just a faint echo heard once in a while.

Maybe this won't last, but I will enjoy it while it does. I hope you all find this sort of joy in your lives, too.

- Stephanie

•  

Faith

All I saw was ** new shoes** ;D

Awesome day summary Stephanieieieieieeeee (did you watch it yet?). I could feel the raw emotion pouring across the interwebs and infecting the masses. I think the sun just brightened.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on February 09, 2018, 11:28:05 AM
All I saw was ** new shoes** [emoji1]

Awesome day summary Stephanieieieieieeeee (did you watch it yet?). I could feel the raw emotion pouring across the interwebs and infecting the masses. I think the sun just brightened.

Wow, if new shoes brighten your day, let me tell you about my skinny jeans! Better not. You need to get some work done.

No dangit, I haven't seen that movie yet. I wonder if it's on Netflix.

Heh. Emotion. When Cassie and I split the room on our two road trips, I could hear her using her electric toothbrush. Eeeoooowwwweeeooowwweeeeeooowwwww. And unbidden into my mind I heard:

[emoji443]Sweeeeeeeeeet Emooooooooootion! [emoji445]🤣

- Stephanie

•  

Anne Blake

Hi Steph,

First off, congratulations on a great day and more that these great days are becoming the norm for you!

Second, I have been pondering the idea of "safe places" more and more. In the guy world, safe wasn't a concept but something created by presence and some manifestation of strength and position in the pack. For the women in my spheres, it is recognized through relationship and openess. It has always been there for at least women of my age range and men don't see that it is life working as it should. Welcome to the club!

Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on February 09, 2018, 11:41:15 AMWelcome to the club!

Thank you. It is truly wonderful to be here.

- Stephanie

•  

Anne Blake

Yes, it is a wonderful club. But you mentioned shopping, Deb and I are heading off on another road trip in an hour or so for some extended play time and SHOPPING in Las Vegas for a week. We are taking our SUV to carry our haul home.

Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on February 09, 2018, 11:54:07 AM
Yes, it is a wonderful club. But you mentioned shopping, Deb and I are heading off on another road trip in an hour or so for some extended play time and SHOPPING in Las Vegas for a week. We are taking our SUV to carry our haul home.

Wooo! I hope your injuries don't slow you down too much. Have fun and report in when you can!

- Stephanie

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 09, 2018, 11:12:47 AM
> We'd decided to try switching from ATT to that new 55+ plan at T-mobile, so we girls drove to one of those pink stores. Giselle asked if both we ladies were going to be on the same plan, then who would be the primary account holder. Before Sue could answer I grabbed my ID and credit card and handed them over with a big smile. Both have the correct name, of course. The only thing that made me sweat was when she said she'd have to run a quick credit check. I haven't attempted to change anything with the credit reporting services yet. Apparently there were no problems with that. There were other problems with her computer system, though, to the point where she had to call her support folks for help. She explained that there were two ladies attempting to switch their service. There was a pause,and she said, "Ok, let me put her on," and handed me the phone. I came very close to making the guy at the other end think there was a feedback loop (SQUEEEEEEE!) but I restrained myself and concentrated on my voice

The SqueeeeeeMobile plan!
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

•  

Faith

Quote from: Kendra on February 09, 2018, 12:24:23 PM
The SqueeeeeeMobile plan!

I thought it was the Trans-Mobile plan?

•  

davina61

Saw a bit of that movie on TV a couple of weeks ago, beautiful Stephanie. Shopping ,darnt go as no monies. I find ladies talk easy to me as well
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on February 09, 2018, 05:01:38 PM
Saw a bit of that movie on TV a couple of weeks ago, beautiful Stephanie. Shopping ,darnt go as no monies. I find ladies talk easy to me as well

I think I saw that movie.  Wasn't it called "Can You Hear Me Now?"
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

steph2.0

Wow, what a nice day...

We started out by meeting my bestest friend Cassie and her friend and coworker A for breakfast at the local restaurant - the one where we'd eaten after my name change court appointment. Our waitress was the same one who I'd had a misgendering encounter with a while back. This time she was so nice, making sure we girls were well taken care of.

Cassie had brought A over because she is a huge aviation nut, and I have custody of the airplane I'd built for a little while. We talked for a while until conditions improved enough for flying, and we went for a flight. She had the time of her life.

A, me, and Cassie.

After we landed we talked again for a while, then A had to leave. She got in her vehicle, and we ended up talking out in the driveway for almost another hour. I got to know an amazingly talented, intelligent woman - someone I'd be proud to emulate some day. She knows about my transition, and is completely supportive and understanding. At one point when I'd commented that I didn't feel like I passed very well, she assured me that she only sees a real woman when she looks at me. She is the second person to say such a thing to me recently - the first being our own Tia Anne Blake. I know I'm not supposed to care about external validation and affirmation, but at this point in my transition, that kind of thing is so welcome to hear. She left with hugs and the idea of coming back with her mom, husband, and daughter. It was an honor to recognize such an awesome new friend. (I describe it that way because of a quote I've used in the past by G Henrichs: We do not make friends, we recognize them.)

Later in the day I received two emails from potential customers, both using my old name. I'd talked to them both on the phone, and told them that it was Stephanie Bensinger returning their call, but then the conversation turned to technical things, and I didn't feel it was relevant to throw things out of balance by coming out to them then. When I got the emails, though, I had to do something. They'd obviously not gotten the subtle message, since both were addressed to "Steve." So I wrote the following, with small changes to match the situation:

QuoteSince you've been addressing your messages to "Steve", I need to inform you of another issue. I hinted about it on our call, but I didn't stress the issue, since it wasn't relevant to the technical discussion at hand. It will become important, however, as we communicate further. It's regarding a medical condition I'm dealing with, and is a bit awkward to explain.

I won't waste your time with in-depth explanations, and get right to it. Last year I was diagnosed with gender dysphoria. In other words, I am transgender. I am undergoing medically-directed transition from male to female. The "Steve" you wrote to no longer exists, either legally or physically. My name is now Stephanie Bensinger. The treatment has perfectly addressed long-standing medical issues, has been completely effective, and I have never been happier in my life.

My priorities are my family, my health, and my business. The first two are wonderful now, and my dedication to my business is strong. The changes in my life have only strengthened my ability to support my customers.

The Xxxxx factory [the supplier of the product I sell] knows of this, is fully supportive, and has renewed its commitment to working with me.

If it's something that you don't want to deal with, I understand. It's not an easy thing to get your head around, and I would in no way hold it against you if you would rather not work with me. I hope that's not the case, though, and there is a continued possibility of doing business in the future.

Sincerely,

Ms. Stephanie Bensinger

From one of the customers I received this reply, in part:

QuoteStephanie-

First off, I have no issues with your gender identity. Hopefully, it keeps you healthy and happy. I do understand that there are a disproportionate number of COWGs (Cranky Old White Guys) in aviation.

And then it was back to business. I haven't heard from the other guy yet.

Aaaand, finally... It got quite warm here for the first time in a couple months. I had to shed the jeans and long-sleeved tops I'd adopted when the weather cooled off, and put on some shorts to let my legs feel some air, along with a women's short sleeve top. I had been self-conscious about women's tops because the sleeves are so short, and I was worried about my big arms and forearms, and my legs hadn't been out in public view for quite a while. But then I saw myself in the mirror... and later when I looked down while sitting in the couch with my legs crossed, and, well, they were both "dang!" moments. I hope it's not too narcissistic, but I actually like the way I look. Again, I worry about getting self-centered, but I'm going to allow myself a little self-acceptance. After all these years of hating who I was, it's such a change to actually learn that, while I'm far from perfect, I'm doing pretty well.

I'm beginning to love myself. I'm becoming truly happy. The wounds are healing.

Stephanie

•  

Michelle_P

"Dang!"

Those moments are the very best, the moments when we realize that, hey, we really are in motion towards our goals!

Congratulations again!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •