Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Well hi again, kiddies. As I chill out by warming up in front of Cassie's fireplace, I figured I'd write a general update...

Back to the passport debacle. When we last looked In on our heroine, she was was still awaiting a call from the passport office to see what their problem was.  After waiting two weeks with no return call, she called again. Let's join her for her first-hand account:

I called again, and was promised the same thing as before - a callback within two weeks. I got a little upset and tried to make it understood that that's what I'd been promised two weeks ago. I tried to get it escalated, and was told the only way to get to anyone higher was to send snailmail to the passport office. I got even more upset when she started misgendering me, to the point where I forcefully corrected her by shouting over her. Not a particularly good experience.

In the meantime, I decided to get another signed letter from the doctor. It took some time, but I was finally able to pick up two copies, signed by the new ARNP who prescribes my HRT.

And finally, five days after the last call, the actual passport office in New Orleans called. The lady was very nice and apologetic. It turns out the problem has always been that the signature has to be from an MD or a DO. A nurse practitioner isn't sufficient. So on Tuesday I'll be picking up yet another letter signed by the clinic's managing physician. The lady from the passport office promised they would get right on it as soon as they received it. I sure hope so. There's only one major document that needs to be changed aftet that - my pilots license.

All the fun I had on today's girl's day out is in preparation for my trip to New York to meet with the team at Mount Sinai about my GCS. The pace is picking up to warp speed as I get everything ready. I don't know how much time I'll have to report in here after Monday. I'll do my best to post updates on the trip. We leave bright and early Wednesday morning.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 10, 2018, 11:09:19 PM
Well hi again, kiddies. As I chill out by warming up in front of Cassie's fireplace, I figured I'd write a general update...

Back to the passport debacle. When we last looked In on our heroine, she was was still awaiting a call from the passport office to see what their problem was.  After waiting two weeks with no return call, she called again. Let's join her for her first-hand account:

I called again, and was promised the same thing as before - a callback within two weeks. I got a little upset and tried to make it understood that that's what I'd been promised two weeks ago. I tried to get it escalated, and was told the only way to get to anyone higher was to send snailmail to the passport office. I got even more upset when she started misgendering me, to the point where I forcefully corrected her by shouting over her. Not a particularly good experience.

In the meantime, I decided to get another signed letter from the doctor. It took some time, but I was finally able to pick up two copies, signed by the new ARNP who prescribes my HRT.

And finally, five days after the last call, the actual passport office in New Orleans called. The lady was very nice and apologetic. It turns out the problem has always been that the signature has to be from an MD or a DO. A nurse practitioner isn't sufficient. So on Tuesday I'll be picking up yet another letter signed by the clinic's managing physician. The lady from the passport office promised they would get right on it as soon as they received it. I sure hope so. There's only one major document that needs to be changed aftet that - my pilots license.

All the fun I had on today's girl's day out is in preparation for my trip to New York to meet with the team at Mount Sinai about my GCS. The pace is picking up to warp speed as I get everything ready. I don't know how much time I'll have to report in here after Monday. I'll do my best to post updates on the trip. We leave bright and early Wednesday morning.

Stephanie
Wednesday... Hmmmm today is Saturday tomorrow should be Sunday ..that leaves Monday and Tuesday.. Hmmm I probably should think about that. ..

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

I hope New York goes well for you, Steph. Also, remember to have a great time. NYC is a cool city to visit.

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on March 10, 2018, 11:48:37 PM
Wednesday... Hmmmm today is Saturday tomorrow should be Sunday ..that leaves Monday and Tuesday.. Hmmm I probably should think about that. ..

Oh gosh, I hope you're kidding. The last few days before a big trip are the worst possible times to be around me. My stress levels go out of sight and there are a million things to do, and this trip to Mt Sinai is particularly special for me. I need everything to go right, and I'm already sliding into FPM*. Tuesday specifically is completely booked as we get ready to go.

I'll PM you with details but this week just isn't going to be good.

Stephanie

* I have two modes I work in when preparing for big events:

IPM: Initial Panic Mode. Starts a week or so beforehand, and includes all the preliminaries.

FPM: Full Panic Mode. Completely freak out as I realize I forgot to do a million things during IPM.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 11, 2018, 04:20:06 AM
Oh gosh, I hope you're kidding. The last few days before a big trip are the worst possible times to be around me. My stress levels go out of sight and there are a million things to do, and this trip to Mt Sinai is particularly special for me. I need everything to go right, and I'm already sliding into FPM*. Tuesday specifically is completely booked as we get ready to go.

I'll PM you with details but this week just isn't going to be good.

Stephanie

* I have two modes I work in when preparing for big events:

IPM: Initial Panic Mode. Starts a week or so beforehand, and includes all the preliminaries.

FPM: Full Panic Mode. Completely freak out as I realize I forgot to do a million things during IPM.
Don't know what to tell ya. You actually think I would show up when it is convenient?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Laurie on March 10, 2018, 10:51:51 PM
Yes, St((e)ph)a(n(i)e),

Methinks a certain sassy young lady is being a tad bratty and will need a little time out when I get there. No chocolate, wine,or fruit this time I think.

In order to receive guests properly, we must have time to prepare. With that said, I'd love to meet you, if our schedules can coincide. I've got a lot going on lately, due in part to possibly following in Steph's footsteps for NYC trip of my own.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: SassyCassie on March 11, 2018, 09:53:39 PM
In order to receive guests properly, we must have time to prepare. With that said, I'd love to meet you, if our schedules can coincide. I've got a lot going on lately, due in part to possibly following in Steph's footsteps for NYC trip of my own.
It appears we will rendevous on Monday next after she returns. I will be in Inverness most of the time until then. A run down to visit Faith and Lori is likely going to happen one of thise days. We don't need Ms parenthesis for all the fun.

•  

mm

good luck in NY, Stephanie, I hope you get all the information you want and a date that works for you.  Do enjoy the big city a bit too.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: mm on March 12, 2018, 02:17:18 PM
good luck in NY, Stephanie, I hope you get all the information you want and a date that works for you.  Do enjoy the big city a bit too.

Thanks dude. Our first time there and we'll see as much as we can in those few days, but we're going to experience extreme shiverosity. High 30s to low 40sF is outrageous for us Florida girls. I had to borrow a heavy wool coat from a neighbor.

Brrrrrr

Stephanie

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 12, 2018, 02:25:06 PM
High 30s to low 40sF is outrageous for us Florida girls.

This reminds me of that priceless moment with Tia in the Phoenix airport!

It was 45 degrees outside and we're bundling up as though we're about to cross arctic tundra while she marches straight out the doors, perfectly comfortable in the weather!
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: SassyCassie on March 12, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

It was 45 degrees outside and we're bundling up as though we're about to cross arctic tundra while she marches straight out the doors, perfectly comfortable in the weather!

Annie's one tough cookie!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: SassyCassie on March 12, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Heh. That priceless look on her face when she looked back and we weren't there. Still inside the terminal digging for our environment suits.

•  

Anne Blake

I am pretty sure that it was closer to 70 degrees out......come on girls!

Stephanie, enjoy your visit to the Big Apple. I hope that you get the answers that you are looking for. I know that you will enjoy yourselves even if you need to scrape the ice off of your glasses in the blizzard.

Take care girl,
Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on March 12, 2018, 08:21:05 PM
I am pretty sure that it was closer to 70 degrees out......come on girls!

Stephanie, enjoy your visit to the Big Apple. I hope that you get the answers that you are looking for. I know that you will enjoy yourselves even if you need to scrape the ice off of your glasses in the blizzard.

Yes, it actually was closer to 70... than it was to zero.

I guess I'm feeling particularly contemplative tonight. The last couple of days have been a bit of a roller coaster. Lots of elevated highs and subterranean lows. Thoughts are piling in and I'm trying to process them all.

Right now I'm thinking about milestones.

Tia, I had blown by many many milestones by the end of January, but the trip to Phoenix surpassed them all. I've used the term before: it was a true turning point in my life. It was such an honor to share that experience with Cassie and you and Kendra - and Dena, Mariah, Jamie, Denise, and all the rest who were with us in spirit. That trip was the culmination of shedding the cocoon - and finding out that the world was actually welcoming to the person I've always been, but whom I'd never before let them see.

Now I'm preparing for another trip with the potential to be just as momentous. I wish you could all be with me again for this one, but this time I'm sharing the experience with my life partner, Sue. If I get the news I hope to, I will be set on the path that leads to the most scary, but most dearly desired change in my life.

I've done everything I can think of to prepare my external self for this trip. I have new glasses, new colored and styled hair, beautiful new fingernails, shaped eyebrows. I would never have been able to get through most of that without the gentle guidance and encouragement of one of the most important people in my life: my dear sister Cassie. I don't know where I'd be now without her, but it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near this far.

As for my internal self: Once again I will be leaving my comfort zone far behind. New York City has never held any attraction for me, just as I've avoided all other big cities. But with the help of many great people, I've prepared as best as I can, and am mentally armed with what I think is enough knowledge to keep myself mostly out of trouble.

The base reason for the trip should be the scariest thing about it - but strangely enough, it's the part I feel most confident about. I'll be seeing a social worker, a mental health doctor, and a member of the medical team, and I know that I have a good story for all of them. I feel stable, confident this is the right thing, and though I certainly am not as strong as Kendra was when she went to Phoenix, I'm in pretty good health. I was never as certain of acing a test in school as I am about impressing all these people. I'm much more anxious about what I'm going to wear and how I'm going to get around town than I am about the interviews. And, surprisingly even to myself, the fact that I'm going as Stephanie has hardly even entered into my mind. After all, who else would I go as? There are much more pressing matters to worry about. The external face I'm presenting to the world as I do this is just the manifestation of my new normal. This is me.

I'll try to give a running commentary but you know how it is. I'll do the best I can, but there isn't going to be much downtime for writing.

Once again I quote our sister Ashley: On we go!

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Get up too early
Driving through the early dark
New York here we come

•  

steph2.0

Rough landing approach
Landed at LaGuardia
Freezing in New York!

Let me off the plane
Problems with the dang jetway
Really got to pee!

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 14, 2018, 09:58:14 AM
Rough landing approach
Landed at LaGuardia
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one.  Even better if they can use the plane again.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Michelle_P

Aviators make the worst passengers.  Almost as bad as air traffic controllers!   ;D

Stephanie, I hope all goes smoothly for you at Mt Sinai.  Those 'panel' days are more unnerving than the surgery day was for me.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Hi S(((te)p(h)a)n)i)(e),

You will have fun. You will get the interviews done. You will be scheduled for surgery. And you will enjoy your visit to the big Fruit. Then you will return home to visit with a long put off Laurie who will have been impatiently for you and Sue to get back, settled in and ready to give an audience to her.

Hugs and Joy ful outcome from your trip.

Laurie

•  

steph2.0

We're in our room at the Hampton Inn near Battery Park. So far it's been airliners, buses, trains, and subways. Learning fast and having an adventure. For those who don't know, this is our first time in NYC. I haven't even thought much about presenting. Just being at ease being me. Been treated very well by everyone. Getting fabulous as I prepare for my first appointment at 4pm with the mental health consultant at Mt. Sinai, Dr. Elizabeth Berk. Gonna wow her!

Stephanie and the Dragon Lady (AKA Sue)

•