News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on April 22, 2018, 08:53:07 PM
Hey! I know those women! I even know that place. Looking good, girls, all of you.

Really ((St)(eph)(an)i)e? You, who posted half of the derailing posts, are going to call the rest of us "hooligans"? Really?
Pot...

Have you been told today? (ask Jayne, Liz, or Cindy) Hmmmmmph!!!

Hugs,
  Laurie

Oh, don't misunderstand me, Ms. Kettle. I don't mind... at... all. I am quite proud to count myself as one of the hooligans. It was just a little hot here in Florida today, and I was trying not to get too steamy. Whew!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on April 22, 2018, 09:07:51 PM
Quote from: Laurie on April 22, 2018, 08:53:07 PM
Hey! I know those women! I even know that place. Looking good, girls, all of you.

Really ((St)(eph)(an)i)e? You, who posted half of the derailing posts, are going to call the rest of us "hooligans"? Really?
Pot...

Have you been told today? (ask Jayne, Liz, or Cindy) Hmmmmmph!!!

Hugs,
  Laurie

Oh, don't misunderstand me, Ms. Kettle. I don't mind... at... all. I am quite proud to count myself as one of the hooligans. It was just a little hot here in Florida today, and I was trying not to get too steamy. Whew!

- Stephanie

Oh okay I guess. I was all those "don't stops" that you kept posting that kept me from putting on my moderator's bonnet earlier and suggesting we let you have your thread back. What I'm trying to say young lady is that it's all your fault. Besides I just got home last night and I'm not ready to go back to work yet.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Hmmmm?

Did someone say.... Steamy???

Well...  <TOS Violation - contents redacted>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on April 22, 2018, 09:15:33 PMWhat I'm trying to say young lady is that it's all your fault.

While some of what was posted did hit me like an earthquake, it is not my fault.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Be Yourself. The World Worships the Original
- Ingrid Bergman

I do not ever remember a time in my former tiresome existence when I felt like anything other than a poor copy of someone else. I clearly recall the thought, while in high school, that I had no personality of my own. I was simply an amalgam of everyone I'd met, adopting what I admired from those around me, incorporating those traits into the veneer painted over the me that I could not allow anyone to glimpse. My mannerisms, the types of jokes I'd tell, my style of writing, my hobbies, my style of dress, my entire being was a conglomerate, pieces chipped from and clandestinely spirited away from others. The only things that remained uniquely mine were my fears.

The illusion was not seamless. Despite my best efforts to hide my terrible secret and to be liked, I spent a large part of my earlier life in fear of even my friends. The veneer was indeed micron thin back then. While it seems that no one realized the full extent of my true self, there was no blocking the occasional shadows projected from within onto the screen of my personality. There were always people - even those I called "friend," for lack of a better word - who were ready to pounce any time such vulnerabilities were evident. "Sissy." "Crybaby." "Man up." Family members asked - with the best intentions, and taken with no offense - "Are you gay?" Despite my best efforts, the shell was leak-resistant, but certainly not leak-proof.

It wasn't until my late 30s or 40s that I started to "perfect" my role. I realized that if I was very careful, I could allow very precisely selected portions of my true self into the world while keeping the rest safely locked down and sandboxed. A slice of creativity to replace the too-quiet, plodding robot. A dollop of self-deprecating humor to replace the belligerent defensiveness. People professed to like me. They seemed to enjoy my jokes, especially when I put myself down. I got by. But still, I was seldom invited when others were doing fun things - unless they detected an opportunity for amusement and entertainment. "Let's see how drunk we can get him."

Pretty dark, right? Well...

Almost a year ago the veneer finally suffocated me. I couldn't breathe - almost literally. I spent a night burning in my misery - and the veneer charred and fell off. I felt the light on my face for the first time. My joyful tears washed away the last of the char. The scratchy conglomerate, the sticky amalgam of others, dried up and was wafted away on the cool breeze of self-realization.

It is glorious. It is terrifying. It is freedom.

People around me report seeing a happy person who smiles all the time. There are invitations to join in gatherings from which I would have been excluded before. And bits of me are being borrowed to help others complete their own personalities.

Actualization; Authenticity; Truth: they have unexpected benefits. The world consists of a new conglomerate, a new amalgam. It now shows respect. It now offers gentleness, kindness, and empathy. And it now allows love, both received and given.

These are the benefits of being yourself. Life is too damned short. Don't wait any longer. The world is waiting to love the real you.

Stephanie

•  

SassyCassie

Wow! Simply wow.

So much of this resembles a lot of my own self-analysis over the years. It got mostly filed away as what other people normally did but they were better at it than me.

You're absolutely right. Life is too damned short, though I can't help but feel for the people who still aren't living theirs.

As part of the greetings co-workers give each other in the morning, the question is often asked, "How are you?"
I so much wanted to respond to this with, "I'm finally living the best part of my life right now!"
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: SassyCassie on April 23, 2018, 12:29:13 PM
As part of the greetings co-workers give each other in the morning, the question is often asked, "How are you?"
I so much wanted to respond to this with, "I'm finally living the best part of my life right now!"

You should. It's true, after all.

I used to reply to the question, "How are you doing?" with a mock belligerent, "How am I doing what?!"  Now I answer, "The best ever."

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on April 23, 2018, 08:44:09 AM
Be Yourself. The World Worships the Original
- Ingrid Bergman

I do not ever remember a time in my former tiresome existence when I felt like anything other than a poor copy of someone else. I clearly recall the thought, while in high school, that I had no personality of my own. I was simply an amalgam of everyone I'd met, adopting what I admired from those around me, incorporating those traits into the veneer painted over the me that I could not allow anyone to glimpse. My mannerisms, the types of jokes I'd tell, my style of writing, my hobbies, my style of dress, my entire being was a conglomerate, pieces chipped from and clandestinely spirited away from others. The only things that remained uniquely mine were my fears.

The illusion was not seamless. Despite my best efforts to hide my terrible secret and to be liked, I spent a large part of my earlier life in fear of even my friends. The veneer was indeed micron thin back then. While it seems that no one realized the full extent of my true self, there was no blocking the occasional shadows projected from within onto the screen of my personality. There were always people - even those I called "friend," for lack of a better word - who were ready to pounce any time such vulnerabilities were evident. "Sissy." "Crybaby." "Man up." Family members asked - with the best intentions, and taken with no offense - "Are you gay?" Despite my best efforts, the shell was leak-resistant, but certainly not leak-proof.

It wasn't until my late 30s or 40s that I started to "perfect" my role. I realized that if I was very careful, I could allow very precisely selected portions of my true self into the world while keeping the rest safely locked down and sandboxed. A slice of creativity to replace the too-quiet, plodding robot. A dollop of self-deprecating humor to replace the belligerent defensiveness. People professed to like me. They seemed to enjoy my jokes, especially when I put myself down. I got by. But still, I was seldom invited when others were doing fun things - unless they detected an opportunity for amusement and entertainment. "Let's see how drunk we can get him."

Pretty dark, right? Well...

Almost a year ago the veneer finally suffocated me. I couldn't breathe - almost literally. I spent a night burning in my misery - and the veneer charred and fell off. I felt the light on my face for the first time. My joyful tears washed away the last of the char. The scratchy conglomerate, the sticky amalgam of others, dried up and was wafted away on the cool breeze of self-realization.

It is glorious. It is terrifying. It is freedom.

People around me report seeing a happy person who smiles all the time. There are invitations to join in gatherings from which I would have been excluded before. And bits of me are being borrowed to help others complete their own personalities.

Actualization; Authenticity; Truth: they have unexpected benefits. The world consists of a new conglomerate, a new amalgam. It now shows respect. It now offers gentleness, kindness, and empathy. And it now allows love, both received and given.

These are the benefits of being yourself. Life is too damned short. Don't wait any longer. The world is waiting to love the real you.

Stephanie
Steph, what a lovely story. You have described my own childhood with words I could never find. Thank you for that. I am so happy that you have found yourself and are free to show the real you to the world.

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on April 23, 2018, 03:50:21 PM
Steph, what a lovely story. You have described my own childhood with words I could never find. Thank you for that. I am so happy that you have found yourself and are free to show the real you to the world.

You'd best put on your shades, Jayne. The future is bright for you, too!

•  

steph2.0

Well, hi there!

More word salad from Stephanie...

Lately I've been on an almost continuous high as I live the life as myself that I was meant to live. But there are still a few situations that get me all jittery.

One is being misgendered when out with friends or family in a place where others have only known me as Stephanie. It's incredibly dysphoric and embarrassing. It really grinds that there's nothing I can do about it. I did try the other night to make a pointed correction, and ended up pissing off the person who made the mistake. Luckily there just happened to be no one in earshot who would have been surprised, but it upset me at the time, and ended up upsetting the other person, too. For the sake of the relationship I had to go back and apologize to the person who had screwed up. Of course I got no apology in return, only excuses. He's a guy, I can't expect too much empathy.

The other situation is going back into places, especially male-dominated ones, where I was fairly well known and where I used to be completely comfortable. That happened just yesterday.

If you read the continuing adventures of Christine, the trailer from the depths of Hades, you know that new tires were first priority after the last trip. They were delivered to the house, and I pulled two off the trailer and asked Sue if she'd run them to the local tire shop for mounting and balancing. I also asked for metal valve stems. Done and done.

Yesterday I pulled the other two tires off, and this time I had to go myself. The tire place is a bastion of conservative redneckism, but they're fast, good, fairly priced, and conveniently close. I've used them for the last ten years for tires and alignments, and see the same guy at the desk every time. He'd gotten to recognize me to the point where we didn't even bother with estimates. I'd drop off the truck and keys and go home, and come back later to pick it up and pay. Today was going to be... different. It was complicated by the fact that I was doing exactly what Sue had done yesterday. It seemed inevitable that they would draw conclusions...

With encouragement from @SassyCassie, I gathered my wits and marched in with my purse on my shoulder and my best voice. And holy smokes. "What can I do for you, ma'am?" Then yelling out the door, "She wants metal valve stems, too!"

No weirdness. Absolutely no sign of recognition. Everything as it should be. I asked Cassie later, "Have I really changed that much?" She couldn't really know, since we really have only known each other since last May, but she guessed, "YES! A thousand times YES!" She even proved it with a Magic Eight Ball. Can't refute that evidence!

So life just keeps getting more and more awesome!

- Stephanie

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on April 26, 2018, 10:04:19 AM
No weirdness. Absolutely no sign of recognition. Everything as it should be. I asked Cassie later, "Have I really changed that much?" She couldn't really know, since we really have only known each other since last May, but she guessed, "YES! A thousand times YES!" She even proved it with a Magic Eight Ball. Can't refute that evidence!

Let me ask this one simple question: In recent weeks, have you ever not seen "Her" when you look in the mirror?
  •  

Laurie

Well St(e)ph(a)ni(e), I thought you were going to tell us  the shop guy gave you an estimate and a higher charge than they gave Sue. You deceived me with that lead in. I see how you how. You are like a magician (though you'd make a better assistant the way you look now) with the misdirections and slight of hand.
  I think we all can see the big changes in you Hun. Get over the misgendering issues they are the ones that are wrong, not you or your presentation.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: SassyCassie on April 26, 2018, 10:19:33 AM
Let me ask this one simple question: In recent weeks, have you ever not seen "Her" when you look in the mirror?

It's not as simple a question to answer as it seems. Yes, I have only seen "her," but she has a strong resemblance to "him." I think they may be related.

When I do have a problem looking in the mirror, it's because I wish she were younger and better looking, not that she's the wrong gender...

- Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on April 26, 2018, 10:43:01 AM
Well St(e)ph(a)ni(e), I thought you were going to tell us  the shop guy gave you an estimate and a higher charge than they gave Sue. You deceived me with that lead in. I see how you how. You are like a magician (though you'd make a better assistant the way you look now) with the misdirections and slight of hand.
  I think we all can see the big changes in you Hun. Get over the misgendering issues they are the ones that are wrong, not you or your presentation.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Hmmm. No misdirection intended. Just telling my story. And you're right of course. Generally speaking I know I'm doing all right. It's just that some of the situations are still new to me and I've been avoiding them until I no longer have a choice. But when forced to it, I do manage to get through them, and it's fine.

Just today I was getting tinges of paranoia about my pilots certificate. I'd tried emailing FAA twice about setting up an appointment for name and gender change, along with some other paperwork, and hadn't heard back. But this morning a really nice lady called, and we got all set up for next Tuesday. It's the last official ID with the old name on it other than the birth certificate.

- Stephanie

•  

Bari Jo

I love your sentiment on actualization.  I will take it to heart.  And you are being gendered correctly!  Someday I will join you.  I'm still very much only gendered male.  At least I'm recognized as a pretty sensitive male, but still!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

steph2.0

Last night we enjoyed a concert with the Alan Parsons Project Live. The opening act was Carl Palmer with an ELP Tribute.

I went with Sue and my most excellent neighbors G and J. They are absolutely perfect with the name and pronouns. We were here together to see Alan Parsons two years ago, but this time it was so much better. I was still old whatsisname back then, but this time I felt free being me. I couldn't help but stand up and dance!

It was a night the way it's supposed to be...

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

I've been doing a lot of research and thinking about my consultation at Mt. Sinai with Dr. Ting's team back in March. The more I learn, the more it seems like the peritoneal method we've been reading about isn't the wonder procedure we've been led to believe. So I wrote a letter to Dr. Goldstein at Mt Sinai today to see if I truly understood what she'd told me at our consultation, and surprise!, I got a reply already. I was correct in what I'd remembered. Here's what I verified:

* The peritoneum is taken from the inside of the scrotum, not from the abdomen lining. The "pull-through" technique some of us have read about online is not used for MTF vaginoplasty. It appears to be used exclusively for ciswomen being treated for agenesis.

* The peritoneum is used only to supplement the scrotal skin as additional graft material, simply for additional depth. I was told depths up to 9 inches are possible using the additional peritoneum material.

* There are no additional "self-cleaning" or lubrication advantages over the standard inversion method.

* Post-op dilation schedules are similar with both methods.

So, considering these things...

* The information noted above;
* The high costs of having to stay in New York City for three weeks post-op;
* Not being able to even meet Dr. Ting until September;
* No possibility of surgery until late spring/early summer of 2019;

...I have begun looking elsewhere. I'll report on that as soon as I get some information back.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on April 27, 2018, 08:44:44 PM
I love your sentiment on actualization.  I will take it to heart.  And you are being gendered correctly!  Someday I will join you.  I'm still very much only gendered male.  At least I'm recognized as a pretty sensitive male, but still!

Hi Bari Jo,

Sorry I haven't been posting on your thread much lately, but I've been keeping up with your news, and though you're still in the early stages, I like the step by step progress you're making. You've got a lot more nerve than I do by going to Mexico for the hair grafts. I need them, but it would kill me to be shaved bald to do it, especially since I'm full-time. I don't think I could stand wearing a wig in the Florida heat.

By the time your hair grows out and you get a good femme style the HRT should have made some progress, and going full-time should be pretty easy. Yeah, I know, patience, right? It never moves fast enough, does it?

Hang in there, sister. Your time is coming!

Stephanie

•  

Jayne01

Hi Steph,
Sorry the procedure is not what you expected at Mt Sinai. The good news is that you have more places to choose from now. This may be a blessing in disguise with the possibility of surgery sooner. I've got all my fingers crossed for you that you find what you need within a reasonable time.

It is so wonderful to see you enjoying your life now as your self. Dance in the aisles girl, you've earned it!

Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Stephanie!  It is great to see you out having fun at the concert with your lovely wife and neighbours.

Interesting to get more details on that surgery option.  It does sound like you would be better off going elsewhere.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •