Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Thank you all for the nice comments!

Though there are few really big challenges to address - some of them the biggest there are! - I'm reminded almost every day that there are new things to address and new milestones to pass. Things that would be completely insignificant to anyone not going through what we are.

In the last two days:

I was reminded that the insurance policy for the plane I built still has my old name on it. The policy is held by the owner, but I'm a "named pilot" so everything is covered while I'm flying it. I emailed the broker and spelled it all out - here's the old name, here's the new name, here's the proof. The word "transgender" wasn't used, but the implication was obvious. Within a half hour I received an email addressed to Stephanie, with the promise it would be corrected immediately. One more down.

I have custody of that plane now to make some minor repairs. Through strange coincidences the woman who helps run the company was a peripheral acquaintance of mine in the "old days." She was smiley as I reintroduced myself to her at Sun-N-Fun, but our conversation then was short. I emailed her for a quote on some repair parts, and signed it Stephanie. Her reply was nice, but the attached invoice had the old name in the billing and shipping fields. sigh I bought the parts, and asked politely if she could change the name in their database. Within five minutes I had a reply. She was mortified that she hadn't seen that. "Darn it, I'm sorry about that.  I didn't even notice and that was insensitive of me.  I'll make the change right NOW!  Change is made!" Wow. I told her how much I appreciated that, and her reply was simply a heart emoji. It added another smile to my day.

I was pretty well-known at the Ace and TrueValue hardware stores in my small town, but the new Tractor Supply opened after I started transitioning. I've been avoiding them all for months, going to the big box stores in other towns where nobody knows me. Well, yesterday I needed some hardware, and it was ridiculous to drive an hour round-trip for one thing. I figured it was safe to try Tractor Supply, since it's not likely I'd be recognized. And of course they didn't have what I needed. Not much choice left. I drove to TrueValue just down the street, took a deep breath, and trooped in. As I walked in the door one of the ladies at the registers eyed me with a very unfriendly look. Uh ohhhhh... I smiled and strode by with a confident look as I wilted inside. I found what I needed, and, with another deep breath, headed for the checkout. And I watched the lady eye the guy two places ahead with a very unfriendly look. Then the guy in front of me, same thing. Oh, she hates everybody! About that time the other lady called me over to her register, and she was as sweet as the other one was sour. With a "have a great day," I was outta there. Whew! So there's another milestone. I just need to visit Ace and I'll be pretty much done with all the businesses I frequent here in town.

People are cool (except for Ms. Sourpuss at Truevalue)...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

sarah1972

Had to think about you being as excited as my two year old: ,,Airplane, Airplane!" all the time... and Rocket...

Smithsonian Air and Space Museum....

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 13, 2018, 01:24:06 PM
Had to think about you being as excited as my two year old: ,,Airplane, Airplane!" all the time... and Rocket...

Oh that place is soooooooo coooool! I was there back in 2006 and loved it!
  •  

Laurie

yeah the Smithsonian is cool I guess, but we have the Spruce Goose up here in Oregon.

Oh glad things are going better Stephanie,
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 13, 2018, 01:24:06 PM

I think the last time I was at the SASM was back about 1999. I'd love to go back now, especially with the new annex out at the airport.

I admit it. You're absolutely right, Sarah. Anything aviation gets me excited. It's in the blood. It was kinda neat when I came out to one of my old flying buddies. I got a text message from him that said, "I am SO going to envy you! Do you have any idea how bad-ass the title, "Aviatrix," is? 😃"

So that's me: Stephanie, The Bad-ass Aviatrix!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Sue and I decided to go to a sunflower maze today. We'd been to corn mazes before (AKA maize mazes) but had never seen one made from sunflowers before. It was pretty cool. They grow about 8-10 feet high and bend over, so it was like walking through cool leafy tunnels.

But the coolest part was a couple of 18-something girls who followed us in. At the first split we all ended up together, and they said, "OK, you girls go that way, and we'll go this way." We ran into them over and over, and every time we were addressed as "you girls." A couple of times we caught up with other groups, and invariably they moved aside so "we ladies" could go by. Squeee!

After we found our way out we wandered through the petting zoo and watched all the kids playing with the farmyard games, with phones only being used for pictures. At one point a group of folks asked me if I would take their picture, and when we were done, they all wished me a Happy Mother's Day. Double Squeee!

Later we stopped to do a little clothes shopping, and as we walked past the service counter we got a "How are you ladies today?"

Sorry... it just never gets old.

- Stephanie

•  

LizK

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 13, 2018, 10:19:20 PM
Sue and I decided to go to a sunflower maze today. We'd been to corn mazes before (AKA maize mazes) but had never seen one made from sunflowers before. It was pretty cool. They grow about 8-10 feet high and bend over, so it was like walking through cool leafy tunnels.

But the coolest part was a couple of 18-something girls who followed us in. At the first split we all ended up together, and they said, "OK, you girls go that way, and we'll go this way." We ran into them over and over, and every time we were addressed as "you girls." A couple of times we caught up with other groups, and invariably they moved aside so "we ladies" could go by. Squeee!

Later we stopped to do a little clothes shopping, and as we walked past the service counter we got a "How are you ladies today?"

- Stephanie

It never gets old when it brings so much joy...that was such a cool touch to have those girls address you in the way they did. Its one of those things I don't get tired of experiencing! Sounds like you have a fabulous day

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jayne01

Hey there Stephanie, The Bad-ass Aviatrix!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your posts until now. It sounds like a group of us girls interested in aviation need to do a tour of all the cool museums. The Smithsonian obviously comes to mind, and there is that large goose over where that slap happy, fridgetop loving, Laurie is. I know there are other museums around the place but I can't think of them right now.

The maze you and Sue went to looks like fun. Pretty cool how those young girls kept referring to you "ladies".

Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 13, 2018, 10:19:20 PM

You are right, it never gets old!  I love being addressed as "ladies", "ma'am", or anything feminine.  Even "youse dames" would be good.  :)  I like the pics of the sunflower maze.

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 15, 2018, 06:10:16 PMIt sounds like a group of us girls interested in aviation need to do a tour of all the cool museums. The Smithsonian obviously comes to mind

I visited the Smithsonian aviation museum in 1990, but it looks like it is in new premises, judging by the recent photos.  Probably one or two new exhibits by now, too, I suppose.  The newest addition when I was there was the Rutan Voyager, the first plane to fly non-stop around the world.

One of these days, when I am able to visit that country...
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Back in 1999 we took our tiny Toyota motor home on a grand tour of aviation themed stops. So here's the plan, ladies. In three years when sanity returns and Kathy is willing to cross the border (and we are all fully transitioned and gorgeous and have won enough prize money in beauty contests to afford it), we do the same tour plus a few extras together:

• Dayton Air Force Museum, Ohio
  • Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and Udvar-Hazy Annex at Dulles airport, Washington DC
  • Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (with Space Shuttle prototype Enterprise), New York City
  • Hayden Planetarium, New York City
  • Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
  • Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Florida
  • Stephanie's Aircraft Facility, Central Florida
  • Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum, Florida
  • Houston Space Center, Texas
  • Reno Air Races, Nevada
  • Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum (Hughes H-4 Hercules, "Spruce Goose"), McMinnville, Oregon
  • Boeing Museum, Seattle, Washington

Or just chuck it all and party at my place, along with airplane rides.

I'll be ready in any case!

Stephanie

•  

LizK

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 15, 2018, 09:06:15 PM

Stephanie

Count me in for the airplane rides...any plane...any time!!  ;D

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a few weeks and after winning all those beauty contests you will need an entourage just to go anywhere LOL

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jayne01

Back in 1999 we took our tiny Toyota motor home on a grand tour of aviation themed stops. So here's the plan, ladies. In three years when sanity returns and Kathy is willing to cross the border (and we are all fully transitioned and gorgeous and have won enough prize money in beauty contests to afford it), we do the same tour plus a few extras together:

• Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and Udvar-Hazy Annex at Dulles airport, Washington DC
  • Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (with Space Shuttle prototype Enterprise), New York City
  • Reno Air Races, Nevada
  • Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum (Hughes H-4 Hercules, "Spruce Goose"), McMinnville, Oregon

Stephanie
Count me in. I'm calling shotgun on the road trip!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
  •  

KathyLauren

• Reno Air Races, Nevada

Stephanie

You've got yourself a plan, sister.  Count me in!

I've been to the USAF museum in Dayton (in 1977).  They had very cool stuff then, and I'm sure more cool stuff now.  I'd love to visit the Intrepid museum in NY.  In addition to the Enterprise, they have an A-12, the spy plane that was way more secret than the SR71, and that flew higher and faster.  And who could resist the Kennedy Space Centre, and all those other places?

I suspect that the highlight of the trip would be Stephanie's Aircraft Facility.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 15, 2018, 06:21:03 PMThe newest addition when I was there was the Rutan Voyager, the first plane to fly non-stop around the world.

I so admired Jeana Yaeger for doing the trip, but was heartbroken when she cut her hair for it!

Stephanie

•  

Anne Blake

Count me in. Jayne called shotgun so I will grab the drivers seat, I must have seniority (señora(ty?)).

Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 16, 2018, 12:01:17 PM
Count me in. Jayne called shotgun so I will grab the drivers seat, I must have seniority (señora(ty?)).

Tia Anne

Ay! Chica Bonita!

- Stephanie

•  

Laurie

Airplane rides?  No DON"T! IT's a trap designed to lure you to her den.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on May 16, 2018, 10:38:48 PM
Airplane rides?  No DON"T! IT's a trap designed to lure you to her den.

Oh, unlike with someone we know on the west coast, there's nothing to worry about. The end result is this:

Stephanie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 16, 2018, 11:57:04 PM
Oh, unlike with someone we know on the west coast, there's nothing to worry about. The end result is this:

Stephanie

Did I get my ride?

•  

Denni

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 16, 2018, 06:12:04 AM
You've got yourself a plan, sister.  Count me in!

I've been to the USAF museum in Dayton (in 1977).  They had very cool stuff then, and I'm sure more cool stuff now.  I'd love to visit the Intrepid museum in NY.  In addition to the Enterprise, they have an A-12, the spy plane that was way more secret than the SR71, and that flew higher and faster.  And who could resist the Kennedy Space Centre, and all those other places?

I suspect that the highlight of the trip would be Stephanie's Aircraft Facility.

OK, after a heads up yesterday from Tia Ann that there are other sisters here interested in aviation I am throwing my hat into the ring. Spent three years in USMC aviation, former member of EAA, many ventures to the fly in at Oshkosh, highlight being able to take a trip in their B-17, "Aluminum Overcast" and sitting in the left seat and flying her for 5 minutes. If everyone is able to put up with a physically presenting male but is all female inside this is a journey that I would love to be able to join in. I volunteer to be the driver and I think that Tia Ann will vouch for my driving after keeping her safe and sound during our travels yesterday, (we won't mention the railroad tracks will we Tia?) And i promise that I will deliver her safe and sound after our ventures today. Rent a small van/bus make all of the stops mentioned with time devoted to all, culminating at Stepanie's facility in Florida. Could be a trip of a lifetime, keep in mind that there are a few of us senior citizens in this propsed group so if we can get Kathy to hedge a little on her visit across the border it might help, lol. Not mentioning any names but there is someone that shares my birth month and year. Hint, she resides in a certain mountain state, I think they have a football team named the Bronco's if that helps. Hugs

•