Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

The only aeronautical claim I can make is the year I was conceived my father watched Tex Johnson perform a barrel roll in the Dash 80 (707) over Lake Washington in Seattle.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Stephanie:  ...  I believe that you already are aware that I always enjoy lurking around your thread and have made reply posts from time to time...... and I just want you know that the reason recently that I have been basically silent about posting any pertinent replies on your thread is because I basically know very little about aviation but your stories and your followers stories and reply posts about aviation related things is interesting for me to read.... but I really can't add much that would make me sound intelligent ;)....
Please keep updating your thread... curious minds like mine want to know.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on May 17, 2018, 12:16:07 AM
Did I get my ride?

I will never live that down. I had a good excuse, but apparently not good enough.

And apparently this wasn't good enough either:

Sigh. I try so hard but there's just no pleasing some people.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Denni on May 17, 2018, 09:02:57 AMSpent three years in USMC aviation, former member of EAA, many ventures to the fly in at Oshkosh, highlight being able to take a trip in their B-17, "Aluminum Overcast" and sitting in the left seat and flying her for 5 minutes.

OMG, USMC aviation means helicopters, transport, or my absolute favorite modern warbird, the A-10 Warthog. Knowing I could fly an A-10 would be the only thing that would possibly motivate me through Marines boot camp. I doubt even that would have let me survive it...

Aluminum Overcast! When EAA first got it flying I met up with it in Kalamazoo, MI, closed my eyes and handed them my credit card. Back then they'd take six people up and each would get 10 minutes in the left seat with a CFI riding shotgun. I was flying ultralights then, so I didn't have a formal logbook, but if I had I would have had multi-engine Boeing time logged. It wasn't too long after that that FAA said, hey, you're not actually training, this is a joyride, no more tourists in the left seat. Now you can ride, but not fly.

Roll with that big old yoke was easy (tipping up that huge wing with those radials on it was awesome!), pitch was easy, but I had to stand all of my 145 lbs (back then) on the rudder pedals to make it yaw. I thought back to those 20-somethings who flew them in the war, and how exhausting that must have been on 10, 12, 14 hour flights in the freezing cold on oxygen at 25,000 feet - with people shooting at them!

Part of the deal was a flight jacket with the plane embroidered on the back. They were cut on the original patterns. I'm 5'5" and 150 lbs. My jacket is just a little big on me, and it's originally an XXL. People were smaller back then.

That jacket is one of the few things from my previous wardrobe I refuse to get rid of. It's not very feminine, but some day when I get to the point of male-fail, I'll get a new name tag for it and start wearing it again.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on May 17, 2018, 09:28:44 AM
The only aeronautical claim I can make is the year I was conceived my father watched Tex Johnson perform a barrel roll in the Dash 80 (707) over Lake Washington in Seattle.

Wouldn't that have been cool to see?

Wait, you're not thinking the two events were related are you? How excited did your dad get about it, anyway?

- Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 17, 2018, 12:56:53 PM
Stephanie:  ...  I believe that you already are aware that I always enjoy lurking around your thread and have made reply posts from time to time...... and I just want you know that the reason recently that I have been basically silent about posting any pertinent replies on your thread is because I basically know very little about aviation but your stories and your followers stories and reply posts about aviation related things is interesting for me to read.... but I really can't add much that would make me sound intelligent ;)....
Please keep updating your thread... curious minds like mine want to know.
Hugs,
Danielle

Wow, really Danielle? All those bush pilots up there and you haven't been offered a ride in at least a Supercub yet? Offer a pilot a cup of coffee and one of your famous smiles and you'll be seeing your town from above in no time!

- Stephanie

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 17, 2018, 01:35:50 PM
Wouldn't that have been cool to see?

Wait, you're not thinking the two events were related are you? How excited did your dad get about it, anyway?

- Stephanie

My dad was excited enough that I knew about years later.  The relation is that if you jump ahead nine months later...I was born.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on May 17, 2018, 02:04:25 PM
My dad was excited enough that I knew about years later.  The relation is that if you jump ahead nine months later...I was born.

Does that make Tex your godfather?

Boeing boing boing...

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 17, 2018, 02:07:31 PM
Does that make Tex your godfather?

Boeing boing boing...

You do know that he was the person they modeled after for the pilot in Dr. Strangelove

•  

steph2.0

Ups and downs...

...but mostly ups this week.

On Tuesday I told the lady with the hot needle to torture just my mustache and goatee area for an hour. I estimated about 500 hairs gone, but I'm still a bit swollen.

Afterward I met up with Cassie for a Thai lunch, then headed off for the weekly trivia contest. When I walked in the table full of cis-folks welcomed me with "Hey Steph, welcome back!" (I had to miss last week to run the flying club meeting.) It felt good to be just a part of the group - even though we lost miserably.

I mentioned in a different post about my B-17 flight jacket being one of the few things I couldn't part with. A while back I'd moved all of my old wardrobe out of my closet, but it only went as far as the closet in the guest room. I finally decided it was time that somebody else made use of those old clothes, so I sorted them out and prepared them for donation. I got pretty emotional. I should have been happy, but it felt like someone died. I was saying goodbye, and I cried as I sorted them out.

22 cargo shorts. 17 shirts. 8 pants. 3 jackets. 2 swim trunks. 2 belts. The exterior definition of a life. I could still wear almost all of it. But I won't. It's time to move on.

Then some good news. I passed the pencil test! My 36A's are pretty full now!

Getting past the old clothes issue, I now need something new to wear while working in the hangar in Florida heat. Here's one thing I came up with:

And today, here I am while I doing the compression check for the annual condition inspection on the plane I'd built.

Which reminds me, time to get back to work before the boss yells at me.

- Stephanie

•  

mm

Stephanie, great  you are now a full A cup, makes you feel better.
  •  

KathyLauren

Steph, I understand about getting rid of the clothes.  I've gotten rid of most of my boy clothes, but every so often, my wife will discover a drawer with some of "his" stuff.  Some of it, I'm reluctant to part with because it made me happy at the time I got it, or because I don't yet have a femme equivalent.  But, it's all gotta go, and maybe it will make someone else happy.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 17, 2018, 02:33:01 PM
Wah!   :'(  I don't even pass a paperclip test yet.

But seriously, I'm happy for you.  You look great!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 17, 2018, 02:33:01 PM
Ups and downs...

...but mostly ups this week.

On Tuesday I told the lady with the hot needle to torture just my mustache and goatee area for an hour. I estimated about 500 hairs gone, but I'm still a bit swollen.
An hour only on your lip and chin? Ouch!!!!! It's good you could concentrate on that area, that is where it seems to be more dense than other areas.

I mentioned in a different post about my B-17 flight jacket being one of the few things I couldn't part with. A while back I'd moved all of my old wardrobe out of my closet, but it only went as far as the closet in the guest room. I finally decided it was time that somebody else made use of those old clothes, so I sorted them out and prepared them for donation. I got pretty emotional. I should have been happy, but it felt like someone died. I was saying goodbye, and I cried as I sorted them out.
I have never had any kind of emotional attachment to clothes. Clothes were always something practical, keep me warm or just to prevent me from being naked. I had zero fashion sense and despised shopping, so I wore my clothes until they pretty much fell apart. I am now developing a real love for fashion and shopping. Who knew all these years the problem was that I had clothes from the wrong side of the store? [emoji846]

Ok, I need to know......what is the pencil test????

BTW, you are look my good Steph! Rocking the aircraft mechanic look!

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 17, 2018, 05:07:56 PM
An hour only on your lip and chin? Ouch!!!!! It's good you could concentrate on that area, that is where it seems to be more dense than other areas.

It's also among the most painful, and the hardest for me to shave. I want it done and out of the way. The rest should be easier... I hope.

QuoteI have never had any kind of emotional attachment to clothes. Clothes were always something practical, keep me warm or just to prevent me from being naked.

I longed to transition for so long that I did whatever I could to feminize my clothes, within what I could allow to show. It wasn't much. My old work uniform when I was in IT was Dockers and button-down Oxford shirts. But the Dockers were always pleated - to hide the junk I wasn't proud of, and to emphasize the hips. It was little enough, but made me feel a little better. It was all those memories of the old pain, plus the things I did while wearing this or that, that finally got to me.

QuoteOk, I need to know......what is the pencil test????

Can you hold a pencil in the fold under the girls? It's a test teenage girls use to see if its time for a bra yet.

QuoteBTW, you are look my good Steph! Rocking the aircraft mechanic look!

Awww thanks, Jayne. If I hear it enough, maybe some day I'll actually believe it!

Stephanie

•  

Jayne01

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 17, 2018, 06:12:16 PM
You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

You look good Steph!

It would be more impressive if I didn't know about copy/paste.

But thanks anyway. It does help!

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 17, 2018, 06:27:18 PM
It would be more impressive if I didn't know about copy/paste.

But thanks anyway. It does help!
Oh girl! You are hard to please!

You look good Stephanie!

Stephanie, you look great!

Your appearance is very feminine!

You are rocking the female aircraft mechanic look!

Is that better?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 17, 2018, 06:30:59 PM

You look good Stephanie!

Is that better?

Careful @Jayne01 , You will spoil her and she'll expect all of us to do it. Keep it up and I'll slap ya.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 17, 2018, 06:30:59 PM

You look good Stephanie!

Is that better?

It doesn't matter what Laurie says about you, Jayne. I love you anyhow.

Stephanie

•  

Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis