Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on August 03, 2018, 09:47:47 AM
I can't quite make it out, the picture is too grainy.

The Walking Bread. He died of a yeast infection.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 03, 2018, 10:18:33 AM

That'll certainly raise the bread
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 03, 2018, 10:18:33 AM

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:  hmmmm, me thinks that your thread is out of control... it is in a tail-spin and drastic action may be too late.  j/k. 

Personally I think it can be fun when my threads get a little off track... it demonstrates that my followers are having a good time. 

Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Faith on August 03, 2018, 08:37:09 AM
Do you know of a good brain store? The warranty on mine is expired.

I do, but they're out of stock on everything except one formerly belonging to someone named "Abby Normal". I'm pretty sure you don't want that one.
  •  

steph2.0

Guess what I'm doing today? First time!

(Fingernails too, but that's not new.)

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

•  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

@Faith, I highly recommend it. Even the "Classic" pedicure was wonderful. The massage chairs, foot massage, lower leg exfoliating scrub and moisturizing, and toenail painting were sooo relaxing. It was my first time for a pedicure, and though I'm sure I won't make a habit of it, this time it was worth all $28.

Thank you, @Donica. I'm going to a very special event soon, and I picked the colors to go with the dress I'll be wearing. I did accent nails on my hands, too - also another color in the dress.

I so love living my new life!

Stephanie

•  

Faith

nice

someday I'll try it first hand

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on August 05, 2018, 12:56:27 PM
nice

someday I'll try it first hand

I suggest you put your best foot forward.

•  

steph2.0

For anyone who is still paying attention, here's what's been going on in my corner of the world. More milestones...

Lunch and Therapy
Last Friday started out with a hurried lunch with @SassyCassie, then on to my therapist.

The session went very well, with minimal tears. We talked mostly about my recent misgendering incident, and since this was only the second session with this therapist, I covered the other times it's happened, too. The other two times. And he pulled me up short with the question, "Only three times in a year?! And how many times were you correctly gendered?" Whoa. I have no idea, really, but now that I'm forced to think about it, there have been tons of times I've heard ladies, and ma'am, and miss. I suppose the reason the misgendering incidents are so prominent is because they're so rare. Just as in the last session, when I told him about being misgendered, he stared at me and asked, "Why would anyone misgender you?" My homework is to actually keep track of the correct gendering incidents. I like this guy a lot - better than my old therapist. He poses a question, lets me talk, then proposes a solution and homework. In just two sessions I feel like I've advanced a lot.

Stepping Outside the Comfort Zone
Session over, I decided to follow through with my plan to step wayyy outside my comfort zone. I'm going to a very special event soon, and I want to look as good as I can... so I drove to a Sephora, marched in, and told the young man who greeted me that I am new to makeup - because I'm transgender - and I need some guidance. For the next hour he guided me through foundation, lipstick, lip liner, eyeliner, eye shadow, and blush. I had him check the price on the handful of stuff I was carrying, and it was over $200. Okay, let's whittle this down. I left with foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, and some brushes. I've already got most of the other stuff anyway. I found that the things I already had were actually decent choices for color, etc, so I was happy to get out of there at my self-imposed limit of $100.

Flying!
I have been working on my neighbor's plane for a little while. It belonged to her husband, and after he passed away (I wrote about flying a "Missing Man" formation with my other neighbors at his funeral back in February) she told me that if I get the plane flying so her grandson - who is taking flying lessons - could fly it with me when he came to visit, I could fly it as much as I wanted. With the help of my certificated mechanic neighbor's help, I put the plane into flying condition, but found that the radio and intercom combination were terrible. I got permission to replace them, and I finished that last Friday.

The wiring rat's nest I found behind the instrument panel.

So for the first time in a while I got to fly to breakfast on Saturday morning!

Nails and Pedicure
When we got back from breakfast, I cleaned up and drove to @SassyCassie 's place, from where we went to get our nails done in preparation for the special even we'll both be participating in. I also decided to go all out and get my first pedicure, as seen in an earlier post. We also did lunch and dinner, then I blasted home.

Sunday Breakfast Flight and Electronics Retrieval
I got up Sunday morning and sat down at the table with my tablet to catch up with Susan's. Except the tablet wasn't there. D'Oh! I had left it in Cassie's car on Saturday. I had planned to fly to breakfast somewhere, and when I told Cassie what I'd done, she suggested we fly to an airport within 5 minutes of her house, and she'd drive us to breakfast. And I could take my tablet home with me. Done deal! Off we went for a 22 minute flight that takes an hour by car. It's the only way to travel. We went to breakfast where we were repeatedly addressed as you ladies, and had a great meal with great company. A few pictures, then back home with my tablet.

Electrocution
Today was HNT day - or as I've renamed it, HNN. It used to be Hot Needle Torture, but with the new electrocutioner I'm using, and the blend method instead of straight thermolysis, it's so much less painful that I fall asleep during the two hour session. Hence, Hot Needle Nap.

More Ma'ams
Since I skip my coffee on HNN mornings (oh, the horror!), as soon as the session is done I go to the closest Starbucks for my Venti Hot Mocha with Whipped Cream. I usually grab a sandwich there, and it's always nice to tell them "Stephanie" when they ask, "And what's your name, ma'am?" With my Percent Daily Value of caffeine fulfilled, it was back into the Rocket Skate and a run down the street to the Post Office to mail a package - where I was greeted with, "How can I help you, ma'am?"

A Real Pain in the... Back, With a Warm Endgame
Apparently I've pulled a muscle in my back, and for the last couple of days it's been agonizing. I haven't been able to sleep much, and it hurt so much today that I decided I'd better see a doctor. From the post office parking lot - which is about 1 1/2 hours from home and my doctor's office - I put on my best voice and called them. There were no pronouns used, but at least that meant there were no sirs. After making the appointment I lit the fire and blasted home.

I made it to the office on time, and checked in with no drama. Those who've been there a while are starting to get used to my new self, and there's enough staff turnover that there are mostly new people in the front office, who only know Stephanie. When I was called back, the intake nurse just chatted with me about this and that, and complimented me on my new nails. Just girl talk and banter.

My regular doctor wasn't in, so I got an appointment with a different one. She'd been my assigned doctor at the clinic for about 6 months a few years ago, and I'd found her to be distant, blunt, and almost unfriendly then. Today was totally different. She looked over my records on the computer - I have no idea what it told her - and then asked, "And what can I do for you, my dear?" We talked about my back, she did some probing, made recommendations, and wrote a prescription. As I stood to leave, she said, "Take care, hon!" Wow. What a change! Maybe she likes caring for women better than men.

At the checkout desk I complimented the lady on her dark hair with purple highlights, and more girl talk ensued. All in all, except for the back pain, it was a great visit.

Trivia, and the New Normal
On to Tuesday night trivia. Once again I was warmly welcomed as just another lady in the group. Smiles with the gang, with the waitress, and with the other ladies in the rest room. We didn't win, but it was a great night anyway.

So, with my new "Ma'am" detector running, I'm having it proven to me that my previous declarations of Living the New Normal are actually true. Unless something untoward happens, I have every reason to expect to be named and gendered correctly, with misgendering incidents outside the norm.

All in all, I can't complain...

Stephanie

•  

KathyLauren

What a great post, with all those great things happening for you, Stephanie!  Your new therapist sounds awesome.  Buying makeup: YAY!!  Flying: double-yay!  Love the nails!

An electrocution nap sounds great.  The only time I have fallen asleep was when she was doing my upper lip.  No, I am not that tough: I had a dental block and couldn't feel a thing. 

That back pain sounds like a real pain in the butt.  Hope it is better soon. 

I like your new, improved ma'am detector.

With the exception of the PITA, I am happy that things are going well for you.  We older transitioners have lived much of our lives without joy.  It is so important to look for it and celebrate it when it happens.  And it happens more and more as we progress in our journeys.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Wow Stephanie! A fellow pilot! Of course I still have my PL (SEL) but they won't renew my medical (health issues)  :'(. And wow again! You got all that done for only $28 dollars? I usually do my own pedicure but, for that price, I'll have it done too. It' too much work. Keep counting those correct gender calls and forget the wrong ones.

Hugs!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on August 08, 2018, 07:55:47 AM
Wow Stephanie! A fellow pilot! Of course I still have my PL (SEL) but they won't renew my medical (health issues)  :'(. And wow again! You got all that done for only $28 dollars? I usually do my own pedicure but, for that price, I'll have it done too. It' too much work. Keep counting those correct gender calls and forget the wrong ones.

Hi Donica! Only the pedicure was $28. With the fingernails and tip I ended up dropping $75 for the works. It's not something I can do often.

If there is any chance of getting a one-time special issuance medical, you could then fly as a Sport Pilot with just your drivers license, but you can't do it if your latest medical was denied. I have a Sport Pilot license, not because of medical reasons, but because I moved from ultralights to light sport aircraft when when the new rules went into effect. Day VFR light two seaters, but that works just fine for me. This is my neighbor's plane that I'm flying right now. I'm untying it for the trip home after breakfast.

This is the latest plane I built, and it has the third wheel on the proper end.

This is an example of what I'm building now. I'm the US dealer for these.

Well, Kathy, you see what Donica did? We airplane nuts can't be shut up when we get on the subject. Donica, Kathy used to instruct in Tutor trainers for the RCAF.

I'll be quiet now.

Stephanie

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 08, 2018, 08:30:41 AM
Well, Kathy, you see what Donica did? We airplane nuts can't be shut up when we get on the subject. Donica, Kathy used to instruct in Tutor trainers for the RCAF.
'Tis true.  @Donica, this was me, back in about 1980.  I think my looks have improved since then. ;)

[edit]  I started up an aviation thread here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,239966.0.html
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Well, I had planned to get some sleep but my backache has me laying on a heating pad staring at the ceiling, so I might as well write.

Anyone who reads this thread knows my problems with the clinic I've been going to for the last year. They were supposed to be a one-stop shop for gender support, but have ended up being extremely frustrating to deal with, especially with prescriptions and the letters required for government paperwork and surgeons. I first fired the endocrinologist and moved my HRT to my primary care doctor after I found he understood it. Then my therapist left unannounced and I found someone better. Finally, I found a different electrocutioner who works at $45/hour instead of $120, and who uses a much less painful, though slower, method.

The one loose end was a letter for my GCS surgeon from the doctor in charge of their HRT, stating in specific language that I'd been on HRT for over a year, and signed by the MD. And after 3 tries and weeks of waiting, they finally came through with three signed copies. And they even had them notarized!

And that's it now. I'm done with them. They served their purpose in the early days when I had no idea where to turn for help, but in the end their promise of quality help all through the process turned out to be hollow. I have what I need to document what's needed for the gatekeepers, and I've grown enough now that I can move on on my own.

Stephanie

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 09, 2018, 12:10:09 AM
Well, I had planned to get some sleep but my backache has me laying on a heating pad staring at the ceiling, so I might as well write.

Anyone who reads this thread knows my problems with the clinic I've been going to for the last year. They were supposed to be a one-stop shop for gender support, but have ended up being extremely frustrating to deal with, especially with prescriptions and the letters required for government paperwork and surgeons. I first fired the endocrinologist and moved my HRT to my primary care doctor after I found he understood it. Then my therapist left unannounced and I found someone better. Finally, I found a different electrocutioner who works at $45/hour instead of $120, and who uses a much less painful, though slower, method.

The one loose end was a letter for my GCS surgeon from the doctor in charge of their HRT, stating in specific language that I'd been on HRT for over a year, and signed by the MD. And after 3 tries and weeks of waiting, they finally came through with three signed copies. And they even had them notarized!

And that's it now. I'm done with them. They served their purpose in the early days when I had no idea where to turn for help, but in the end their promise of quality help all through the process turned out to be hollow. I have what I need to document what's needed for the gatekeepers, and I've grown enough now that I can move on on my own.

Stephanie

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:
well this is certainly a good news/bad news report but hey girl,  you got the 3 notorized letters that you have been seeking... a wonderful and happy moment for you for sure.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

steph2.0

Another milestone today! I've already talked about making an appointment with a local hair stylist. Well, today was the day. Instead of having @SassyCassie to draw courage from, I took a deep breath and marched into a new place on my own.

As I was looking for a place to sit, a lady nudged her son and told him to move over. Then she looked over and told me, "You can sit here, hon!" Thank you!

I then met Tonia, the stylist who had been recommended to me by my wonderful neighbor. And she was so cool. She looked over my thinning mop, we talked about colors and how to handle the thinning, and there was no indication she knew my story. I had fought with myself over whether to tell her I was trans - even my therapist recommended I tell her - but in the end, I saw no need. I have no idea whether she figured it out, but it didn't matter. She used the correct pronouns when asking her assistant to wash out the color chemicals, and we chatted about anything and everything, as ladies do in salons. It was so cool, and she did a beautiful job. I know Kathy has already seen the pics on my FacePlant page, so she knows it happened, but here they are for the rest of you.

Before

During

After! (Squee!)

And just for fun, this is my Superhero persona, Galaxy Girl (as whom I team up with @sassycassy in her guise as The Electric Diva to fight deadnaming and misgendering wherever it may occur).

Proof that that's who I really am

Stephanie

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie aka: Galaxy Girl

Wow-whee, your hair stylist Tonia did a wonderful job, you and your hair look absolutely terrific and beautiful.
I have always found it so affirming to be pampered in a salon...  I love it, .... much much better than the barber shops for sure.  It was nice to hear that you were gendered correctly there !!!!!   :) :)

Oh, and your Galaxy Girl sunglasses are exactly the right accessory for you.
Thanks you for sharing your salon story with us and also your great pictures.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Wow! Stephanie, you look amazing! That hairstyle looks so good on you.

WOW!!!
  •