Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 08, 2018, 01:40:55 PM
'Tis true.  @Donica, this was me, back in about 1980.  I think my looks have improved since then. ;)

Kathy, your face is so shiny! Is that natural or do you use lots of moisturiser? [emoji16]
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 09, 2018, 05:32:45 AM
Kathy, your face is so shiny! Is that natural or do you use lots of moisturiser? [emoji16]
Just a bit of Windex now and then.  :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 09, 2018, 06:31:18 AM
Just a bit of Windex now and then.  :D

Kids, do NOT try this at home.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 09, 2018, 06:45:45 AM
Kids, do NOT try this at home.

Stephanie
But winded fixes everything! Have you seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
  •  

Donica

Stephanie, Your hair looks Great. Mine isn't quite that long yet but it's getting there. It's just over my shoulders now. OMG! Stephanie, Kathy and Danielle, I'm glad there's so many pilots here. Thanks for the aviation thread Kathy. BTW Kathy, I still want to get my IFR rating but I will have to convince the doctors to approve my medical. And I would love to have you as my instructor.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on August 09, 2018, 07:38:49 AM
Stephanie, Your hair looks Great. Mine isn't quite that long yet but it's getting there. It's just over my shoulders now.

Back in about 1998 I was working as head of IT for a natural and organic food company being run by old hippies. The president had a ponytail and I realized OMG I'm in a place where nobody would care if I grew mine out, too. It helped ease a small bit of dysphoria. I used to take occasional ribbing over my ponytail, but I came back with, "Hey, I keep my hair on the outside. All yours is inside. That's why you have such a hard time thinking."

So my hair has been down to my shoulder blades for almost 20 years now. In fact, I had about an inch trimmed off a little while ago. I keep waffling between letting it grow as long as it can, and trying one of those cute shoulder length styles. Now I need to do something about the thinning.

I had a shocking thought a while ago. That company I was working for, as liberal and free-thinking as everyone was, would have been the perfect place to transition. It never even occurred to me that such a thing was possible back then. I went back and visited them in April as my new self, and everyone was so cool. Sigh. Lost opportunities.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 09, 2018, 07:54:50 AMSigh. Lost opportunities.
"Check your six" may be good advice in the flying biz, but not so much in the transition biz.  Keep looking forward!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Anne Blake

Kathy, that is truly golden advice, but we rarely heed it. For some reason some of us figure that "it has to be OK with these people".
  •  

Stevi

Stephanie,

I see you have been a busy girl, lately.  Nothing new in that department as far I can tell.  I love the hair styling.  Good that you could do it as it should be done.  No explanations or apologies.  Just livin' life in normal mode.  It sure feels good.

Stevi
  •  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

Stephanie!!  I figured I should pop in. You are looking awesome, that hair style really suits you. I would tell you to keep at it girl but .. you're there already :P

Kathy .. umm .. I must admit that I had to stare at the photo for quite some time .. multiple times .. before my brain refocused and I could actually see what that picture was. My brain kept seeing a black bowl on a table but the background didn't add up. Strange what the brain will do to you. Oh, hmm, that comment sums up my life right now .......
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Donica

I love your avatar Stephanie! I still have 2 to 3 inches to go before my real hair is as long as yours.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

steph2.0

The Denver Event: Preparations

I have done some pretty cool things in the last year, but this last weekend has to be the best so far. I blame @Kendra.

Those who've been following along may remember a big Thank You party I held on New Years Eve, and how Kendra flew all the way to Florida from Washington state to surprise me. That led to me going to Phoenix in January to surprise her as she recovered from her GCS. My BFF @SassyCassie went along, and out of the blue we met up with this really cool lady from Denver, @Anne Blake AKA Tia. We all hit it off immediately, and after we all returned home, we stayed in touch and developed our friendships further.

Tia had mentioned that she was going to renew her wedding vows some time in August, but at that time flying to Denver wasn't really on my radar. As time went by, though, and our friendships grew closer, it went from a fun idea, to a possibility, to a must-do, especially when Tia asked if Cassie and I were interested in being usherettes. That sealed the deal, and we bought airline tickets.

As the date drew near, anticipation grew, and preparations began. I decided on which dress to wear, then bought a new one when I wasn't thrilled with the first. I bought earrings, a necklace, and bracelets to match. I got my nails done in colors to match the new dress, and for good measure got a pedicure too, even though I planned to wear pumps. The Wednesday before the event I got my hair colored and styled. All of these tasks were done with no outing myself and no strangeness from anyone involved. Despite my misgivings and fears, I was treated like a lady every time.

Anticipation grew.

Back channel communications were rampant, and after much back and forth, Kendra reserved an AirBNB home for all of us to stay at instead of a hotel. Arrangements were finalized for who would be staying at the house, and seven of us ended up reserving a place. As Cassie and I talked it over and made plans, the phrase, "Seven Sisters" sprang into my head, and I remembered the constellation Pleiades, with its "seven sister" stars. Thus was the AirBNB dubbed "Pleiades Place."

Cassie and I decided we wanted to do something for the seven sisters to commemorate the event. We had already been looking at transgender themed jewelry on Etsy, and decided a small necklace with interlocking rings in blue, white, and pink would be a cool thing to get everyone. Cassie ordered the necklaces, chains, and neat little embroidered pouches to present them in. We made cute little tags with the trans flag, the recipient's name, the name of one of the greek sisters in the Pleiades cluster, and a dedication on the back. There was one sister who was heartbroken she couldn't make it due to family obligations, so we included @HappyMoni in our list of sisters.

@Kendra -> Celaeno
@Laurie -> Alcyone
@Michelle_P  -> Merope
@Jessica_Rose  -> Taygete
@SassyCassie -> Electra
@Steph2.0 -> Sterope
@HappyMoni -> Maia

Also included were @Anne Blake , Tia's wife Debi, @Julie -2010 ,  and Jessica Rose's wife Susan. A few days before the event I sent a package to Moni with a tag that she wasn't to open it until we gave her the word.

Anticipation reached the boiling point.

The night before our flight, I crashed at Cassie's since she was closer to the airport, and we were up way too late packing and preparing the necklace packages for everyone. The flight was scheduled for 6:30am, and we ended up with only about 1 1/2 hours sleep before we had to get on the road to the airport.

The week before the event I pulled a muscle or something in my back, and the pain had me wondering whether I'd even be able to go. I was devastated at the thought, and didn't get a lot of sleep that week due to both the pain and the worry that I'd have to stay home. I finally decided that I needed to "play through the pain" and Cassie made it clear that if she had to, she'd "drug and drag" me there. I saw a doctor and got muscle relaxers, but neither they nor any other drugs I tried did much to alleviate the pain. Too bad. I'm going...

Continued in Part 2: Friday, August 10th.

•  

steph2.0

The Denver Event: Friday, August 10th

At 6:30am on Friday, August 10th, we were on a Southwest flight headed for Denver.

The pilot did a reasonable job landing the plane without my help, and we collected our luggage and picked up our car. Last time we'd done a trip - to Phoenix - we went green and picked out a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. It was a nice enough car that Cassie bought herself one when we got back from that trip. But this time, we went big and bad instead. As we walked the line we stopped dead in front of a Dodge Charger Hemi. We looked at each other. Should we or shouldn't we? We did. And it was a wonderful thing.

We had made arrangements to meet with @Julie -2010 for breakfast and a tour of the area when we arrived. She had provided us with a list of breakfast possibilities, and we simply couldn't resist a place called "Bacon Social House." Galaxy Girl and the Electric Diva leaped onto our Charger and roared off to town. Julie was cool and we got along great from the start. We ate a tasty breakfast with lots of different flavors of bacon, and discussed plans for the rest of the day. We decided that with our limited time we'd take a ride on the twisty roads in the foothills west of town. Julie offered to drive her van, since she knew the way. After pictures, off we went.

I'm sure the drive was beautiful, but unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it. Whether it was the high altitude, the constant twisting and turning, the lack of sleep, the back pain, reactions from the drugs I took to try to address the pain, or any and all combinations of the above, I got terribly sick. We had to stop twice so my head would stop spinning, and I was sure I was going to puke.

We finally made to a little town called Nederland, and I told Julie and Cassie to go enjoy themselves in town while I tried to take a nap while things weren't moving. An hour or an hour and a half later I woke up and was feeling much better. I hoofed into town and met up with Cassie and Julie for coffee and some salty snacks. By the way, Nederland is known for their Frozen Dead Guy Celebration. Don't ask. With things back on an even keel we continued the trip through Boulder, and headed back to Denver for the rehearsal and dinner.

When we arrived many hugs were given and received. It was such a joyful occasion, a precursor of what was to come the next day. Everyone was given their marching orders, things were practiced, and we sat down for a pizza dinner. Cassie and I had planned to give out the necklaces there, but Tia had gift bags for all the participants instead, so we postponed our presentation.

(JR)

(JR)

(JR)

(JR)

With everything as prepared as possible, we headed off for Pleiades Place, about an hour north in Loveland. Kendra's flight had come in that evening, so she went directly to the house and left the light on for us. The house was absolutely stunning. A huge comfortable home with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, perfect for our needs.

More hugs, conversation, and snacking, and Cassie and I passed out our gifts. We really wanted Moni to be part of the opening ceremony, but we realized that it was too late where she was, so we postponed a proposed FaceTime call with her. One by one everyone drifted off to bed and silence descended.

Continued in Part 3: The Main Event

NOTE: All pictures marked (JR) courtesy of photographer extraordinaire Jessica Rose.

Edit: Added not being able to include Moni in the necklace presentations.

•  

Donica

What a wonderful trip Stephanie!!! I can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip went. Everyone looks so lovely in the pictures. I'm a space/science nut and I love the idea of the "Seven Sisters Pleiades Place". I hope Monica isn't too upset about not being able to make the trip. But she certainly has all the love from all the Pleiades sisters, and the rest of the sisters here at Susan's place. I can't wait to see your pictures of Tia's vows renewal ceremony? How fun!!!

Lots of hugs,
Donica.
  •  

Saha

How wonderful that you all got to spend time together, and for such a beautiful event!
  •  

KathyLauren

What a great writeup and pictures!  Looking forward to part 3.
  •  

steph2.0

We interrupt our story for the following SQUEEEE moments.

Yesterday, the first day back from Denver, was spent catching up on household chores, including truncating the weeds in the yard. Trips like the one we just took do wonders for my self-confidence, so when I realized I needed fuel for the lawnmower, I grabbed my clutch purse and a fuel can, and jumped in the Rocket Skate to run to the gas station, despite just having work clothes on. I not only surprised myself by hardly giving it a second thought, but nobody gave a second look, either.

Today was errands and a doctor appointment about my back. I got a little more dressed up, and headed for the first stop, the DMV, to renew my car tags.

I'd decided that this year I wanted a fancier license plate and a custom number. We have one here in Florida entitled "State of the Arts" and it looks like this:

The colors aren't quite that vibrant in the sunshine, and they look a little like the trans flag, which is why I picked it. For the personalized number, I wanted the name of my Mini Cooper. I had been calling it my Roller Skate, but @SassyCassie, with her innate ability to name things, insisted that because of the supercharger, it had to be a Rocket Skate. Think Wile E. Coyote on roller skates with an Acme rocket on his back. And so Rocket Skate it was and it ever shall be. I looked up the combination, and it was available. RKT SK8 will be forever emblazoned on my four-wheeled wonder.

I marched into the DMV looking cute, in my humble opinion, and with my best voice checked in. When I was called up, Amy behind the desk was a little overwhelmed by all the paperwork she had to do for all the custom stuff, so she called another lady over to help. As they consulted I heard things like, "yes, she has to sign this one," and, "right, give her that one," and so on. It went on and on and the squeee pressure kept building with every correct pronoun. When she complimented me on my nails and I we talked about how I'd had them done to match the dress I wore in a wedding last weekend, then she ooo-ed and ahh-ed over my custom Apple Watch band, I could hear a high-pitched eeeeee noise leaking out of my ears. By the time the last paper was signed and the bill was paid and I thanked her and left, I was about to squeesplode. I walked calmly to the Rocket Skate, got in, and let it all out. Dance dance dance!!!

Next stop, doctor's office, since my back is still killing me. (Hmm. Could it be caused by car dancing?) I checked in at the front desk, was once again complimented on my nails, and once again had a cool conversation about a wedding I was part of. (You know, these wedding things are kinda cool. I think I want to do that every weekend.) The intake nurse took me back, did the intake-nursey things like weight and blood pressure, and went through the standard intakey checklist. Lots of dears and honeys and sweeties, and no weirdness at all.

My doc came in, and as always he was soo cool. In direct opposition to what I'd initially thought for a doctor in Redneck Central, Florida, he is incredibly well-informed and interested in my progress. He even made a comment about his "other transitioning patients." It reminded me about how at an earlier appointment, he'd mentioned that the clinic I'm going to has about 30 transgender patients. This is a small town, and I'd been sure I was the only one in miles. Maybe we should put together a support group here...

While I'd gone in specifically for back pain, we talked quite a while about GCS, FFS, HRT, BA, and how things are going in general for me. I asked him about progesterone, and he wasn't too knowledgable about it, but promised to study up on the pros and cons so we can talk about it after my next lab tests, coming up next month. He was clear that if the risk factors were low for me, and I wanted it, he'd be happy to prescribe it. I left with a referral to a chiropractor and a big smile on my face.

On to the post office to check the company's PO box. Smiles with the ladies I passed coming and going...

Last stop, Wally World for grocery shopping. It's amazing how mundane stuff becomes a fun adventure when you're happy to be there. I've written about this before, so there's no point in explaining again how it feels. I was just sad to finally have to go back home to my little bubble where I get so little interaction and have the continuing risk of being misgendered among people who've known me so long. But all good things must end, and I got into my casual clothes, had a few fun text sessions with Cassie and @Kendra , and went back to chores.

I know I keep saying things like "I'm living the new normal" but I don't know if such days will ever become unremarkable. I kind of hope they never do become boringly routine. It's much better if we remember that every day is special in one way or another.

Today sure was.

Stephanie

We now return you to our previous story...

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 16, 2018, 10:10:03 PM
> the squeee pressure kept building with every correct pronoun. When she complimented me on my nails and I we talked about how I'd had them done to match the dress I wore in a wedding last weekend, then she ooo-ed and ahh-ed over my custom Apple Watch band, I could hear a high-pitched eeeeee noise leaking out of my ears. By the time the last paper was signed and the bill was paid and I thanked her and left, I was about to squeesplode.

Squeesplode(tm).  You need to trademark that.   :laugh:
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on August 16, 2018, 10:36:21 PM
Squeesplode(tm).  You need to trademark that.   :laugh:

That'll be $5, ma'am, for unauthorized usage.

Stephanie

•