Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 16, 2018, 11:42:49 PM
Quote from: Kendra on August 16, 2018, 10:36:21 PM
Squeesplode(tm).  You need to trademark that.   :laugh:

That'll be $5, ma'am, for unauthorized usage.

Stephanie

okay Squeephanie(R).
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 16, 2018, 10:10:03 PM
We interrupt our story for the following SQUEEEE moments.

Stephanie, that was a squee-stravaganza!

I know I keep saying things like "I'm living the new normal" but I don't know if such days will ever become unremarkable. I kind of hope they never do become boringly routine. It's much better if we remember that every day is special in one way or another.

I am starting to learn that one of the secrets of life is to enjoy (literally, to put joy into) every "normal" moment.  I had no idea what joy was until I started this journey.  Now I find it everywhere: even just going to Timmie's for a dark roast can be a joyful experience.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Squee-Stravaganza indeed! That's so cool.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 17, 2018, 06:58:33 AM
Stephanie, that was a squee-stravaganza!

I am starting to learn that one of the secrets of life is to enjoy (literally, to put joy into) every "normal" moment.  I had no idea what joy was until I started this journey.  Now I find it everywhere: even just going to Timmie's for a dark roast can be a joyful experience.

I have always had a morose nature, and I'm getting better, though it's hard sometimes. I'd love to go see Timmie, but not only are there none of them in this little burg, but there's no Starbucks either, and they just closed the Dunkin' Donuts! So unless I want to go to the high-class MAC-donalds, it's just me and my precious Keurig. The joyful part: I'm still in my jammies!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 17, 2018, 08:34:03 AM
I have always had a morose nature, and I'm getting better, though it's hard sometimes. I'd love to go see Timmie, but not only are there none of them in this little burg, but there's no Starbucks either, and they just closed the Dunkin' Donuts! So unless I want to go to the high-class MAC-donalds, it's just me and my precious Keurig. The joyful part: I'm still in my jammies!

Stephanie

I love my jammies. I won the 1st wear war with Lori (shared jammies) and I haven't given them up yet. I may lose out because wash time is coming soon. Gone are the days that I can wear stuff for 2 weeks and she yells at me for how nasty they are.

Maybe I'll sneak in a hand-wash and dry them real quick ... she'll never suspect ....
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on August 17, 2018, 09:15:42 AM
I love my jammies. I won the 1st wear war with Lori (shared jammies) and I haven't given them up yet. I may lose out because wash time is coming soon. Gone are the days that I can wear stuff for 2 weeks and she yells at me for how nasty they are.

Maybe I'll sneak in a hand-wash and dry them real quick ... she'll never suspect ....

Well, you're going to have to take them off some time. Aren't your work clothes kinda bulky with the jammies under them?

Stephanie (ducking)

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 17, 2018, 09:18:53 AM
Well, you're going to have to take them off some time. Aren't your work clothes kinda bulky with the jammies under them?

Stephanie (ducking)

you haven't seen my jammies ...  :o
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on August 17, 2018, 09:23:48 AM
you haven't seen my jammies ...  :o

True! Pics or it didn't happen. [emoji12]

•  

Jessica

@Steph2.0
QuoteI marched into the DMV looking cute, in my humble opinion, and with my best voice checked in. When I was called up, Amy behind the desk was a little overwhelmed by all the paperwork she had to do for all the custom stuff, so she called another lady over to help. As they consulted I heard things like, "yes, she has to sign this one," and, "right, give her that one," and so on. It went on and on and the squeee pressure kept building with every correct pronoun. When she complimented me on my nails and I we talked about how I'd had them done to match the dress I wore in a wedding last weekend, then she ooo-ed and ahh-ed over my custom Apple Watch band, I could hear a high-pitched eeeeee noise leaking out of my ears. By the time the last paper was signed and the bill was paid and I thanked her and left, I was about to squeesplode. I walked calmly to the Rocket Skate, got in, and let it all out. Dance dance dance!!!

This is wonderful.  I would squeeslode too!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

LizK

@Steph2.0

Hi Steph

I hope it never gets mundane for you but maybe what is likely to happen is that the "squeesploding" still occurs ...The internal explosions keep happening but in a more controlled manner...helps with things like focus and car dancing LOL

Its nice to read about all your positive experiences, its these you need to keep in the front of your mind when things get tough.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

sarah1972

Aww @Steph2.0!!!

This is so amazing, what a great progress report. I am so very happy for you!!!

I can't do the Squeeeeeeeeee out of fear for being charged here [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I hope you will have many more of this kinds of Squeeeeee days!!!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 16, 2018, 01:00:08 AM
The Denver Event: Preparations

I have done some pretty cool things in the last year, but this last weekend has to be the best so far. I blame @Kendra.

Those who've been following along may remember a big Thank You party I held on New Years Eve, and how Kendra flew all the way to Florida from Washington state to surprise me. That led to me going to Phoenix in January to surprise her as she recovered from her GCS. My BFF @SassyCassie went along, and out of the blue we met up with this really cool lady from Denver, @Anne Blake AKA Tia. We all hit it off immediately, and after we all returned home, we stayed in touch and developed our friendships further.

Tia had mentioned that she was going to renew her wedding vows some time in August, but at that time flying to Denver wasn't really on my radar. As time went by, though, and our friendships grew closer, it went from a fun idea, to a possibility, to a must-do, especially when Tia asked if Cassie and I were interested in being usherettes. That sealed the deal, and we bought airline tickets.

As the date drew near, anticipation grew, and preparations began. I decided on which dress to wear, then bought a new one when I wasn't thrilled with the first. I bought earrings, a necklace, and bracelets to match. I got my nails done in colors to match the new dress, and for good measure got a pedicure too, even though I planned to wear pumps. The Wednesday before the event I got my hair colored and styled. All of these tasks were done with no outing myself and no strangeness from anyone involved. Despite my misgivings and fears, I was treated like a lady every time.

Anticipation grew.

Back channel communications were rampant, and after much back and forth, Kendra reserved an AirBNB home for all of us to stay at instead of a hotel. Arrangements were finalized for who would be staying at the house, and seven of us ended up reserving a place. As Cassie and I talked it over and made plans, the phrase, "Seven Sisters" sprang into my head, and I remembered the constellation Pleiades, with its "seven sister" stars. Thus was the AirBNB dubbed "Pleiades Place."

Cassie and I decided we wanted to do something for the seven sisters to commemorate the event. We had already been looking at transgender themed jewelry on Etsy, and decided a small necklace with interlocking rings in blue, white, and pink would be a cool thing to get everyone. Cassie ordered the necklaces, chains, and neat little embroidered pouches to present them in. We made cute little tags with the trans flag, the recipient's name, the name of one of the greek sisters in the Pleiades cluster, and a dedication on the back. There was one sister who was heartbroken she couldn't make it due to family obligations, so we included @HappyMoni in our list of sisters.

@Kendra -> Celaeno
@Laurie -> Alcyone
@Michelle_P  -> Merope
@Jessica_Rose  -> Taygete
@SassyCassie -> Electra
@Steph2.0 -> Sterope
@HappyMoni -> Maia

Also included were @Anne Blake , Tia's wife Debi, @Julie -2010 ,  and Jessica Rose's wife Susan. A few days before the event I sent a package to Moni with a tag that she wasn't to open it until we gave her the word.

Anticipation reached the boiling point.

The night before our flight, I crashed at Cassie's since she was closer to the airport, and we were up way too late packing and preparing the necklace packages for everyone. The flight was scheduled for 6:30am, and we ended up with only about 1 1/2 hours sleep before we had to get on the road to the airport.

The week before the event I pulled a muscle or something in my back, and the pain had me wondering whether I'd even be able to go. I was devastated at the thought, and didn't get a lot of sleep that week due to both the pain and the worry that I'd have to stay home. I finally decided that I needed to "play through the pain" and Cassie made it clear that if she had to, she'd "drug and drag" me there. I saw a doctor and got muscle relaxers, but neither they nor any other drugs I tried did much to alleviate the pain. Too bad. I'm going...

Continued in Part 2: Friday, August 10th.

Hi Steph,
   I hope you didn't think me rude for not responding to your post, the necklace, and your kind words. I was blown away by your thoughtfulness of including  me in such a fantastic way. I was so happy to be able to talk to the other sisters by Facetime. I hope you don't mind if I update on your thread a bit. As you know, the reason I couldn't be at the wedding was for family health issues and wanting to be there for them. This morning, I am playing catch up on Susan's as we just got back from a week in Gatlinburg, TN. Above is a view from the deck where we stayed of a sunrise over the Smokies. As some of you might know, we were there with my brother and sister in law, Suki. It was touch and go if Suki would be able to be there after recently finishing chemo. She has put up with so much pain and suffering and the one thought she kept using as motivation was the four of us meeting up in the Smokies. One night was especially memorable as we kind of performed a "kick cancer to the curb" ceremony for her. My brother had saved all of her hospital wrist bands and tied them together. We then went outside, looking to make sure we had no company from bears, and safely burned all the wrist bands. It was a truly awesome moment. I was quite honored to be there with my hero, Suki and my wonderful family. We had borrowed a wheel chair from a friend, and therefore, we had great access for Suki to go most anywhere. We took a train ride in an open car through the mountains which was pretty great. The only downer was some guy who sir'ed me from behind me as he was passing by. It was a reminder to me that I was not passing 100% of the time and that the general area was not as open to trans folks as in Maryland. Overall, people were friendly though.
   So, thank you again, Steph and Cassie. You are awesome. I am looking forward to a visit from Anne and Debi soon. Love, Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Kendra

I wore the necklace from Stephanie while clubbin' in Bogotá Colombia last night.

at Theatron - massive LGBT club with 13 dance floors, an entire city block

3am after a great day seeing the city

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Dear Stephanie:
Your thread along with the most recent contributions, comments, and pictures of you and your forums friends has taken even more of a positive and happy way about it....
Fun times, fun pictures, involvement from all that are touching your life.
Count yourself as very fortunate.

Your thread has become the "fun" place to be!!!!

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

cc:  @Steph2.0 @Kendra @Denise @Laurie @Michelle_P @Jessica_Rose @SassyCassie @HappyMoni @sarah1972
@LizK @Jessica @Faith @Saha @KathyLauren @Donica @Anne Blake @Jayne01 @Stevi @Faith 
       (my apologies if I missed any of the most recent contributors to this thread)

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Kendra

I'm wearing Steph's necklace in the photo so I suppose that qualifies for this thread.  ;)

Bogotá is so much more than I expected.  I will visit again. 

Denise from Susan's is next to me.  Also two Bogotá locals and two visitors from Canada.  Wonderful people.  Photo is 66% transgender.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 19, 2018, 10:52:57 AM

Hi Steph,
   I hope you didn't think me rude for not responding to your post, the necklace, and your kind words. I was blown away by your thoughtfulness of including  me in such a fantastic way. I was so happy to be able to talk to the other sisters by Facetime. I hope you don't mind if I update on your thread a bit. As you know, the reason I couldn't be at the wedding was for family health issues and wanting to be there for them. This morning, I am playing catch up on Susan's as we just got back from a week in Gatlinburg, TN. Above is a view from the deck where we stayed of a sunrise over the Smokies. As some of you might know, we were there with my brother and sister in law, Suki. It was touch and go if Suki would be able to be there after recently finishing chemo. She has put up with so much pain and suffering and the one thought she kept using as motivation was the four of us meeting up in the Smokies. One night was especially memorable as we kind of performed a "kick cancer to the curb" ceremony for her. My brother had saved all of her hospital wrist bands and tied them together. We then went outside, looking to make sure we had no company from bears, and safely burned all the wrist bands. It was a truly awesome moment. I was quite honored to be there with my hero, Suki and my wonderful family. We had borrowed a wheel chair from a friend, and therefore, we had great access for Suki to go most anywhere. We took a train ride in an open car through the mountains which was pretty great. The only downer was some guy who sir'ed me from behind me as he was passing by. It was a reminder to me that I was not passing 100% of the time and that the general area was not as open to trans folks as in Maryland. Overall, people were friendly though.
   So, thank you again, Steph and Cassie. You are awesome. I am looking forward to a visit from Anne and Debi soon. Love, Moni

Monica!!! I'm so glad to see you back!!!. I'm gald to here Suki is doing better. I wouldn't take too much away from Ill-mannered bone head guy.  Some people are just destined to a life of stupidity. I think you pass just fine girl. 100%. Wow, the smokies. That is such a beautiful place. Monica please!!! Some pictures of you wearing the Seven Sisters Pleiades necklace?

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Kendra on August 19, 2018, 12:56:22 PM
I'm wearing Steph's necklace in the photo so I suppose that qualifies for this thread.  ;)

Denise from Susan's is next to me.  Also two Bogotá locals and two visitors from Canada.  Wonderful people.  Photo is 66% transgender.

@Kendra
Dear Kendra:
Beautiful pictures... great pic of the city.... and a wonderful picture of all the ladies!!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Oh yes, since your are wearing Stephanie's necklace you have a lifetime pass to post on her thread.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Kendra on August 19, 2018, 12:56:22 PM

Wow Kendra! Stunning pictures of Bogota. BTW, I love your necklace.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 19, 2018, 10:52:57 AM

Hi Steph,
   I hope you didn't think me rude for not responding to your post, the necklace, and your kind words. I was blown away by your thoughtfulness of including me in such a fantastic way. I was so happy to be able to talk to the other sisters by Facetime.

Hi Moni,

Of course I don't think you were rude. All of us knew you had a lot of things going on, and while we all consider each other extended family, immediately family should always come first. We knew that in other circumstances you'd be there with us, and we were sad that we were going to miss each other. But knowing you were there in spirit, I wanted you to share the same keepsake the rest of us would have.

I had also arranged to get a good high-resolution picture of you (thank you Laurie and Ann!), and I was planning to print it out full-sized and put it on a stick so you could be in all the pictures with us. Alas, in the rush to get ready, that project got lost in the shuffle.

Two days in a row Cassie and I told each other that we needed to get Moni on FaceTime, and each time we realized that it was too late at night at your home to call you. I was so glad we finally got to talk after a lot of us had already vacated Pleiades Place. Sorry you were driving at the time! It was pretty cool anyway.

QuoteAs you know, the reason I couldn't be at the wedding was for family health issues and wanting to be there for them. This morning, I am playing catch up on Susan's as we just got back from a week in Gatlinburg, TN. Above is a view from the deck where we stayed of a sunrise over the Smokies. As some of you might know, we were there with my brother and sister in law, Suki.

I'm so glad that Suki was able to be there with you. The ceremony sounds a little like the one I had on New Years to celebrate the acceptance of my transition by all my family, friends, and neighbors. We burned a picture of my old drivers license, cards with male pronouns on them, and a bunch of my old baseball caps, which were sort of my trademark in the old days. Such symbolic ceremonies represent such deep feelings and a break with the past along with a celebration of new beginnings. I'm sure emotions ran high, and it's so cool that you all had a reason to celebrate.

Your train trip sounds pretty awesome. I'm sure it was beautiful in the forests of Tennessee. Sorry you got misgendered. I hope it was accidental instead of intentional. As you may know, I still have problems dealing with misgendering, especially since I'm sure that it's accidental. It makes me wonder what I've done wrong, but I'm beginning to realize it's on them, not me. Some day I'll fully believe that.

QuoteSo, thank you again, Steph and Cassie. You are awesome. I am looking forward to a visit from Anne and Debi soon. Love, Moni

I'm sure I speak for Cassie as well as myself when I say it truly was our pleasure. Your smile on FaceTime made it all worth it. Wear it with pride and remember your loving sisters.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on August 19, 2018, 11:20:38 AM
I wore the necklace from Stephanie while clubbin' in Bogotá Colombia last night.

Kendra,

It is so cool watching you bop all over the world! Thank you for letting me follow along with Find My Friends tracking. I showed Cassie yesterday where you were and we looked up Theatron. Holy Party House, Batgirl, 13 different old theaters converted to dance clubs with different themes at each. I have mixed feelings about missing the trip - on the one hand, it looks like you're having the time of your life. On the other, I don't think this old lady would be able to keep up with you. I ran myself ragged just going to Denver!

I do want to make something clear: Those aren't "Stephanie's Necklaces." @SassyCassie did about 75% of the legwork to make it all happen, so she deserves the major part of the credit. In any case, we're both equally happy that everyone likes them!

Let's see, it's 12:50 Eastern time, so it's 11:50 where you are as I write this, and I see you're out dancing again, this time at Video Club. Yeah, I'd be back at the hotel snoozing by now. Live it up for both of us!!

Stephanie

•