Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 19, 2018, 12:01:24 PM
Dear Stephanie:
Your thread along with the most recent contributions, comments, and pictures of you and your forums friends has taken even more of a positive and happy way about it....
Fun times, fun pictures, involvement from all that are touching your life.
Count yourself as very fortunate.

Your thread has become the "fun" place to be!!!!

Hi Danielle,

You have no idea how fortunate I feel to have gotten to know so many awesome people. My world had been so small and circumscribed before I transitioned and discovered Susan's. I now have people I'm privileged to call friends all over this country and all over the world!

I'd never hosted a popular party in the old days. You shock me by saying that my thread is the fun place to be, but I'll take it. If people are enjoying themselves by posting here, then I'm happy, too! I love reading about what my friends are doing, here or in their own threads. I just regret that I've been too busy lately to contribute as much as I'd like. Whether I post or not, I hope my friends know that I'm reading and smiling or crying with you all.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: sarah1972 on August 18, 2018, 08:35:29 PM
Aww @Steph2.0!!!

This is so amazing, what a great progress report. I am so very happy for you!!!

I can't do the Squeeeeeeeeee out of fear for being charged here [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hi Sarah,

No worries about Squeeee. It's in the common usage. Now Squeeesplode™, well, be very careful. My spies are everywhere.

Thanks for the good wishes. I've been following your thread, too, and it sounds like things are going very well for you. I hope that continues forever!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on August 17, 2018, 09:25:29 AM
@Steph2.0
This is wonderful.  I would squeeslode too!

Thanks, Jessica!

That's $5 for using squeeesplode™ without permission and attribution (misspelling doesn't excuse it! Nice try  :D)

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: LizK on August 18, 2018, 06:20:24 PM
I hope it never gets mundane for you but maybe what is likely to happen is that the "squeesploding" still occurs ...The internal explosions keep happening but in a more controlled manner...helps with things like focus and car dancing LOL

Its nice to read about all your positive experiences, its these you need to keep in the front of your mind when things get tough.

Hi Liz,

You are always the voice of calm reason in any storm. Yes, I do need to keep these good times in mind when the inevitable bad times occur. In the meantime, I expect that eventually the squeeesploding will morph into quiet satisfaction. At the moment, though, it's still new enough to elicit a boisterous celebration.

It was so cool to talk with you on FaceTime! Text and static pictures give such a limited view of a person, and it was so obvious when we talked what a dynamic, wise, and caring person you are. I have yet another friend and advisor on the other side of the world. How cool is that!?

Stephanie

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 20, 2018, 12:16:20 AM
> I expect that eventually the squeeesploding will morph into quiet satisfaction

Song lyrics for Mick Jagger were originally "I can't get no squeeesplode™ action" but changed to avoid trademark infringement.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 19, 2018, 11:50:55 PM
Let's see, it's 12:50 Eastern time, so it's 11:50 where you are as I write this, and I see you're out dancing again, this time at Video Club. Yeah, I'd be back at the hotel snoozing by now. Live it up for both of us!!

I did!  The clock said 5 am when I left, but maybe that's metric system.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on August 20, 2018, 11:10:15 AM
Song lyrics for Mick Jagger were originally "I can't get no squeeesplode[emoji769] action" but changed to avoid trademark infringement.

Well he tried, and he tried, and he tried, and he tried...

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Gosh, I have so many things I want to write about. Here's something short and easy, specifically for @KathyLauren :

I was walking through the huge retirement community called "The Villages" this morning, and paused outside the Peterbrooke Chocolatier store because this sign just screamed, "Kathy!"

It took enormous self-control, but I did manage to keep myself from going in and spending far too much money...

Stephanie

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 20, 2018, 04:08:02 PM
Gosh, I have so many things I want to write about. Here's something short and easy, specifically for @KathyLauren :

I was walking through the huge retirement community called "The Villages" this morning, and paused outside the Peterbrooke Chocolatier store because this sign just screamed, "Kathy!"

It took enormous self-control, but I did manage to keep myself from going in and spending far too much money...

Stephanie

OMG, you remembered!  :D  I hear that sign calling my name!

Wine and chocolate have to be one of the all-time greatest combinations ever.  You didn't even go in for a sample?  What were you thinking???
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 20, 2018, 04:16:30 PM
OMG, you remembered!  :D  I hear that sign calling my name!

Wine and chocolate have to be one of the all-time greatest combinations ever.  You didn't even go in for a sample?  What were you thinking???

Of course I remembered! We women never forget our friends and their preferences.

No, sadly I didn't go in. While the sign was screaming "Katheeeeeee!" and the aroma wafting out of the door was screaming "Stephaneeeeeee!" my wallet was screaming, "Help meeeeeeee!" The noise was too much and I fled.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

I do promise to get back to the Denver trip, but there has been so much going on lately that I want to talk about. Not necessarily in chronological order...

It seems that around our neighborhood, I have been the de facto social organizer when it comes to doing fly-outs. That was true even in the "old days." Generally speaking, if I don't get the ball rolling, everyone is too apathetic to arrange flying to breakfast. Well, I have a plane to fly for a while since I donated a bunch of labor to get my neighbor's plane back in shape. Last Friday I texted everyone, suggesting we fly to breakfast the next morning. After back-and-forth, it was decided to go to the Pyper Kub restaurant on the Williston airport, about 1/2 hour flight north. Yikes!

I say yikes! because I have a history there. We've been flying there ever since I moved to this place 11 years ago. I have no idea why, but the proprietress, Carol, had taken to me from the beginning, always gushing over me and welcoming me in with big smiles and hugs, and making me promise I wouldn't stay away so long next time. Understand that this was "Steve" she was making such a fuss over.

The last time I was there was on November 4, 2017, according to my log. I was still presenting male, or at least androgynously. While I had what I consider to be my very first male fail there that day, Carol still saw "Steve." I wrote about it here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,228563.msg2045764.html#msg2045764. (Incidentally, @Jayne01 , this is the entry that prompted you to make your first post on my thread.)

So... I had to face going there for the first time as my new self. I fretted about it all night. There was no way I'd changed enough that she wouldn't recognize me at all. Besides, she'd recognize Sue and the rest of the gang I was flying with. I commiserated with @SassyCassie about possible scenarios for the next morning. Cassie wondered whether, even long before either me or Carol acknowledged who I really was, that maybe it was actually Stephanie who she was making a fuss over. Could she have sensed it somehow? I had no idea. In any case I decided I was actually kind of looking forward to it. At least it would be over, one way or another. But the whole thing had an unreal quality about it. The place was so familiar, yet would be so new in so many ways. Just the thought of using the ladies' room, right across from the men's room I used to always use - the one with huge posters of Dale Earnhardt on the walls - was disorienting. Most distressing, though, was the uncertainty of my reception by Carol and her gruff husband. How would they react?

Tune in next week for the thrilling conclusion!!

No, I wouldn't do that to you.

We landed and tied down the planes. The young lady on the golf cart on the ramp smiled and waved. To leave the airport property, you have to walk through the airport lobby. The guy working the counter and the inevitable airport dawgs hanging around the FBO smiled and said hi. No weirdness there...

Pause outside the door. Deep breath, and walk into the restaurant. Carol was effusive with her welcome to everyone else, who had gone in first. While she was distracted I took my seat, partially screened by the others. She took our breakfast orders, and it seemed like there was no recognition when she took mine. Curious. Coffee refills, still no comments or even noticeable signs she knew who I was. When we were done eating, I went to the ladies' room. Huh. No posters on the wall or any other decorations.

When I came out everyone had paid, and were walking toward the planes. Sue was chatting with Carol, and I summoned the courage of Tia and Cassie, walked up to her, and put my hand on her shoulder. I said, "It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

She said, "Yes, too long!"

I said, "There've been a lot of changes since I was last here."

"Yes, there have, and you need to come back more often!"

I promised I would, and that was it. How very strange. I wonder if she even fully realized what was going on; if it was going to sink in later. I had deliberately dressed up so there would be no question of my intention. In any case, back through the FBO, more smiles, and out to the ramp. The young woman on the golf cart motored up to the two women headed for their plane, and said hi. She had a neat necklace on, and I channeled Tia and complimented her on it, which started a whole conversation about necklaces and other jewelry. Just two stylish women having a chat...

We headed home. I still wonder what went on there, but it turned out a whole lot better than some of the scenarios I'd imagined. I do know, though, that I'll be going back more often now.

Stephanie

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 20, 2018, 06:42:22 PMIn any case I decided I was actually kind of looking forward to it
What a great experience: another trepidation bites the dust!  I think you approached it with the right attitude.  I actually enjoy coming out to people now: it's fun!

Carol sounds like a classy lady.  It may have taken her a while to figure it out, but she played it low-key, which is the respecful thing to do if in doubt.  And the suggestion to come back more often lets you know for sure where she stands.  Yay!

Flying out for breakfast sounds like fun.  :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Just when you think it's safe to come out of ... hm, ... Just when you think you're done coming out ... meh ...I'll think of something but by the time that I do it won't matter any more.

Good for you Stephanie. Once again, proof that you have nothing to fear or worry about.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

The Orlando Science Center has an all-adult night that they call Science Night Live (SNL) every three months or so. Sue and I had gone back in June, and had a great time. I knew @SassyCassie would enjoy it, so when another one came up for last Saturday evening, I dragged her there. After a nice dinner, where we were treated as ladies should be, we headed over.

For these special events the whole museum is open to 21 and over only. Adult beverages and snacks are available, along with music and a dance floor, and a bunch of special events that appeal to adults. As soon as we got there we headed for Science Trivia. The first round was all about dogs, and I'm embarrassed to say that we didn't do well, despite me being a dog momma. But everyone ma'amed and ladied us, and invited us back for the 9:45 session, which was going to be Star Trek Trivia. Knowing that we wouldn't have a chance against a roomful of Star Trek geeks, we set our timers to go try it anyway. We wandered around enjoying the static displays and the hands-on stuff, then headed back to the café to do some geek-gawking. We answered all ten questions the best we could. The room was a little put out when they asked a question involving the planet Vulcan, and showed a picture of Tatooine. It demonstrated the concentration of nerd blood flowing through all those veins.

We turned in our cards, knowing that there were going to be massive ties for first place as all the geeks got all ten questions correct. They read off the answers, and we got one wrong. Ninety percent, not bad, but not a chance of winning in this crowd. They read off the winners: Galaxy Girl and The Electric Diva! NO WAY!! WTH? In this crowd?! We went up front to applause, pictures, and the collection of a swag bag. Unbelievable.

Later we ran across a studio set up with a greenscreen and video overlays from a local TV station for doing weather reports. Cassie and I got hired as the new weather girls, and had some giggles playing with it.

A few more random pictures:

We closed the place and headed out. Looking for a snack, we headed to a Shake and Steak for late night milkshakes.

I haven't really talked about my outfit for the night. I wore my sleeveless LBD, and the theme was music. I had dangly treble clef earrings, a bracelet with musical notes, an infinity symbol, and a treble clef, and a long necklace with a treble clef that, in small writing, had "Music is what feelings sound like" written on it. I was also wearing my new wedge sandals, and had considered wearing my "Rhapsody scarf" as a belt, but discarded that idea. I was feeling pretty fabulous.

In any case as we walked in Cassie nudged me and pointed out that there was a lady in one of the booths trying to get my attention. Understand that when we go out together, it's generally the young pretty Cassie who gets the attention, and I watch in awe, and admittedly, some envy. But this time I was gushed over. The lady just fell in love with my necklace and was effusive in her praise and admiration of my outfit. It wasn't the sugar in the milkshake that made me high and had me floating back out of the restaurant. She made sure to say goodnight and let me know where I could find her if I ever chose to give up my necklace. I made sure to get good distance from the picture windows before I let out the Squeeesplosion[emoji769].

What a night...

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Wow, I really haven't posted here for ten days? There is just so much going on, almost all of it good. I'll try to catch up, but I'll just talk about this morning now.

This was the big day for me - I did my Skype consultation with FacialTeam to talk about FFS. At 9:30am I met up with Dr. Gutiérrez online.

I was able to record the entire session, which was good, because I had to review it before I could truly absorb what he had to say. The end result is a bit of a shock to me. He seriously doesn't believe I need FFS, just regular stuff that any woman my age would need. He's going to send me a quote for hair grafts, rhinoplasty, and lip lift, which they can do there. The other things he said I could do, such as a regular face lift, blepharoplasty, and neck lift, aren't done by FacialTeam. He's going to consult with a local plastic surgeon they work with and include his quote along with theirs. He actually recommended just getting everything done with regular plastic surgeons in the US, but will send the quote after I told him how expensive the costs were here compared to there.

It's going to take a while to absorb what he had to say. He was adamant that I already had a very feminine facial structure, and all I need is minor things. I still don't see it in the mirror, but as always, I guess I'm a terrible judge, and I will try to believe what both my friends, and now world-renown experts, tell me.

Wow.

Stephanie

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Hi Stephanie.  It sounds like you got a lot of good information at your call with the doctor.  That was wise to record it so you can revisit and remember exactly what was said.  These conversations can be a mental blur sometimes.  I think its good that he gave you his honest appraisal despite it costing an opportunity for business.   I actually considered some facial work but in the end realized I don't need it.  Several people have told me so.  As we age (I'm older than you) the look we aspire to changes too.  And I certainly don't want to look like I've had surgery by appearing too young!  Sometimes working around the edges is all we need!  Take the doctors recommendation at face value (no pun intended).  I seem to think from all the traveling and people you've interacted with that you are at the sweet spot we all aspire to.  I think you look good and you seem to have a great style.   
Judi   
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 30, 2018, 11:09:01 AMHe seriously doesn't believe I need FFS, just regular stuff that any woman my age would need.
Stephanie, I am not at all surprised at this.  That is what we've been telling you. ;)

I am glad that your consultation went well, and that they gave you a recommentation that is not in their best interests but is in your interest.  I think that gives them credibility.  Given that your facial structure is good, I am sure that any enhancements that you do will give you awesome results.
  •  

steph2.0

Thank you Judi and Kathy!

Judi, style? I'm still figuring things out, but it's fun! I'm going on a dance cruise for my birthday tomorrow, and I get to wear my LBD!

Kathy, I got my quote from FacialTeam already, and they do seem to have my interests in mind instead of theirs.

They're recommending hair grafts, upper blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, and lip lift. Face and neck lift can come later if I want them. And I kinda do. I don't mind looking younger, as long as it looks natural. After all, next Monday I'll be turning only 60 years young. Sixty is the new forty. [emoji16]

Stephanie

•  

Donica

Wow Stephanie! You have been a very busy girl. I mist your thread for a few days and wow! I took this morning to catch up. I'm very happy that things went well with Carol and that you continue to fly to breakfast. And the Orlando Science Center sounds like a lot of fun. OMG! I Didn't know you were so into music, or did I forget about a post in a music thread that you made? Oh dear, my memory is slipping I think. I sooo want to find a neckless with a treble clef like that with Silver earrings too. I've been look for a neckless but didn't know what I wanted until reading your updates. Great news from your FFS FacialTeam. I'm still waiting for my approval. I can only hope it goes as well as yours has. Did I read that it's your birthday tomorrow? Happy birthday and all my best wishes Stephanie. I will gladly pay you $5 for the unauthorized use for my next comment. Girl,,,, I am SQUEEESPLODING  ;D.

Lots of hugs,
Donica. 
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Stevi

Stephanie,

We'll be incommunicado on your birthday, leaving port tomorrow afternoon, so we want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOUNG LADY!  a bit early.  Enjoy your party and our best wishes to you for fabulous year to come.

Stevi and Penny
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Stevi on August 31, 2018, 06:20:18 PM
Stephanie,

We'll be incommunicado on your birthday, leaving port tomorrow afternoon, so we want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOUNG LADY!  a bit early.  Enjoy your party and our best wishes to you for fabulous year to come.

Stevi and Penny

Enjoy your cruise, you two! I really enjoyed your visit. I'll write all about it after you're at sea and can't refute my lies!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Stephanie

•