Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Awwww Stephanie, that is so sweet. I'm so happy for you!!

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 04, 2018, 04:23:50 PM
I have so much to write about as soon as I have some time to catch up. But right now I just have to post this. They were a day late because of the holidays, but these came in the mail today from my Mom and my sister:

I cried so hard and long...

Stephanie

As would I have...that is just so affirming in so many ways....Brilliant, I love it!!

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Oh, that is lovely, Stephanie! 

I cry over that kind of stuff, too.  A while back, my brother CCed me on an email to someone else.  He said:
QuoteI like the idea, but in a simpler version.  Let me run it by my sister and get some feedback.

Kathy, how does this strike you and what modifications would you suggest, if any?
I lose it when he refers to me as his sister. :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:
You are now going to hear my favorite word....  Wow-whee .....
Thank you for posting this joyous bit of your personal life....
.... we are all finding tears in our eyes as we rejoice with you over your posting and pictures of those beautiful birthday cards that you received from your mom and your sister.   
It clearly appears that you are very accepted by your loved ones and family members ...
....so there is your feedback that you were hoping for.
               ABSOLUTELY a beautiful Birthday event for you.... 
....oh, and allow me to also wish you a
       :icon_birthday:   HAPPY BIRTHDAY  :icon_birthday:

***Question: So, Stephanie, what did you do for your Special Day ???

Hugs and well wishes to you....   
Danielle

I have so much to write about as soon as I have some time to catch up. But right now I just have to post this. They were a day late because of the holidays, but these came in the mail today from my Mom and my sister:

Stephanie
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

A new milestone! Kendra pointed out that my thread just passed 100 pages and nearly 55,000 page views. What the heck? Somebody writes waaayyy too much...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 05, 2018, 02:25:55 PM
A new milestone! Kendra pointed out that my thread just passed 100 pages and nearly 55,000 page views. What the heck? Somebody writes waaayyy too much...

Stephanie
@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie: 
Your personal thread's apparent popularity is only exceeded by your kind and thoughtful personality and your wonderful and interesting posts and comments.  Your pictures ain't bad either.... ;)

Your thread is always one of my first stops when I log in.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

- Helen Keller

And so, more adventures:

So many months ago that I almost forgot, I bought tickets for an evening dance cruise, and  invited my cousins. I had already spent some time with cousin K and her husband, and they were awesome, but cousin P had never actually seen me in person since we were about 11 years old. Her husband had never met me at all. We had been communicating via social media, though, and I knew that they would be as cool as K.

Last Saturday we met in downtown Tampa for dinner at a Thai restaurant. It was me, cousin K and husband J, cousin P and husband W, and @SassyCassie . Big hugs from everyone, especially P. Conversation was excellent and considering my birthday was coming up in two days, there was a beautiful card and many best wishes. After dinner we headed for the docks. The boat was to take us on a cruise of Tampa bay, with a live band playing music from the eras of everyone except Cassie - whose taste in music is wide-ranging enough we expected she'd enjoy it, too.

As it turned out, the band was very good, but their selection in music tended toward stuff that I hadn't been a big fan of even back in the day, and it hadn't aged well. Still, it had a good beat and would have been danceable except there wasn't enough room. With everyone shoulder to shoulder, the best you could do is sway, and there was way too much bumping and jostling going on, which got annoying really fast. So while the dance part of the cruise was kind of a bust, we did get to sit and have some very in-depth and meaningful conversations, and that turned out to be the best part of the entire cruise.

The boat pulled back into the slip about 11:30pm, we all said our warm goodbyes, and Cassie and I jumped into the Rocket Skate for the trip home.

Blasting down the highway, Cassie suddenly realized that we were close to an old Goth club that she used to frequent, and she rather trepidatiously asked whether I'd be interested in checking it out. I knew that it was something that had been very important to a certain time in her life, and in light of my new-found interest in broadening my horizons, I had hinted about going with her to one some day. She, on the other hand, knowing my previous rather conservative and circumscribed lifestyle, was worried that I might find it to be a little too much to handle. She described one place she went to as Goth 101, but this place was like grad school. She did ask, though, and may have been surprised at my eager agreement.

My reply to her Facebook entry about it:

Far from uncomfortable, I found it to be amazingly liberating. The world likes to paint such places as dens of freaks, but what I saw - and deeply felt - was a place where anybody could be whomever they wanted to be, and be totally accepted. That's a rare and rather precious thing in this world where people are so quick to judge others. That feeling touched my soul, and I danced as I've never danced before.

It was true. I literally had not danced in years (if you can even call what I did back then "dancing"), and had never ever just completely cut loose and let the music enter my soul and move me. It was one of the most incredible things I've ever done, and very addictive. Consider also that we both were experiencing it as something new - for me, I'd never seen anything quite like it before; for Cassie it was first time back in years. And for both of us we were experiencing it as women; as such it was deeply meaningful, but for different reasons for each of us. When she asked me after we left what I thought of it, all I could do was ask, "When can we do it again?" We left far too early, but circumstances converged and we ended up running across an old friend of Cassie's, and going out for an early morning - as in 3am - meal. And once again, far from the stereotypical, R turned out to be a very articulate and intelligent guy. We had a great conversation, then headed home. I didn't get to bed until 5am, and it was all so worth it.

@KathyLauren uses the tagline, "Casting off dull certainty." While the events last Saturday seem to only peripherally have any connection to my transition, the attitude I had to develop to see my way through transitioning has spread out into my life as a whole. I want to do, see, feel it all. My entire life is changing far beyond just gender. After existing for 60 years I'm starting to live.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 06, 2018, 12:14:06 AM

@KathyLauren uses the tagline, "Casting off dull certainty." While the events last Saturday seem to only peripherally have any connection to my transition, the attitude I had to develop to see my way through transitioning has spread out into my life as a whole. I want to do, see, feel it all. My entire life is changing far beyond just gender. After existing for 60 years I'm starting to live

Yes!  This is something I have seen in others of us as we complete our psychological/social transitions and settle into our new lives.  They are NEW lives, not lived by the old rules and habits we had when trying to pass as that which we were not.

Being our authentic selves is liberating, and we have the chance to seize life, not as something to be carefully planned and plotted but to be lived!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 05, 2018, 02:25:55 PM

Stephanie

Awww Stephanie!! Those birthday cards from you mom and sis made my eyes leak too. Wow 100 pages! I'm glad it's you doing all that writing. And no, it's not too mush. Go for 200 Steph!!

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 06, 2018, 01:20:41 AM
Yes!  This is something I have seen in others of us as we complete our psychological/social transitions and settle into our new lives.  They are NEW lives, not lived by the old rules and habits we had when trying to pass as that which we were not.

Being our authentic selves is liberating, and we have the chance to seize life, not as something to be carefully planned and plotted but to be lived!

Well said Michelle!. For me, It's going to take a while to overcome the fear and be comfortable and confident. And overcoming the fear, I will and have enjoyed. It truly is liberating.

I glad you had such a wonderful night out with your cousin's and SassyCassy Stephanie! Lots more to come too.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

Stephanie, I just caught up on your night out with the cousings and dancing at the goth club.  Wow, girl, you are enjoying life!  Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 06, 2018, 12:14:06 AM
@KathyLauren uses the tagline, "Casting off dull certainty."

I am glad you found inspiration in my tag line.  It comes from a song, "Whitewater", written by Eileen McGann, an Irish-Canadian singer-songwriter.  Ostensibly about canoeing, the song is really about transition.  Not necessarily gender transition, though it fits, but more likely, originally, moving on from a broken relationship.  I love the poetry of the meaning being entirely absent from the literal words, and yet totally obvious as allegory.

I was listening to one of Eileen McGann's CDs during my weekly electro-torture sessions when this song came up.  I had tears in my eyes as I listened.  The repeated line, "Casting off dull certainty" hit me as a summation of what I was doing.  I had no idea how my transition would turn out, but I was putting the dullness of my assumed gender roll behind me and reaching for the shining hope of whatever lay ahead.

QuoteWhitewater by Eileen McGann

Whitewater's calling, the river's sweet refrain
Sings a chorus to the forest as it's shaking off the rain
The night was passed in thunder but the dawn is breaking clear
Whitewater's calling, and I'm moving on from here

And I'm moving on my way, letting go the rope
Casting off dull certainty and reaching for that brightly shining hope

Camped here forever, at least that how it seems
Waiting for a clearer sign, I'm wrestling with my dreams
I thought that they would bind me but now I think I see
Whitewater's calling, may it teach me to be free

I know the current's swift here the water's running deep
I know there's many rocks ahead I've seen them in my sleep
I know that I could founder just around the bend
But I love the water's laughter so I'll see it to the end

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Rayna

Stephanie, I'm so glad you got to enjoy a night out, and Goth! It makes sense that they'd be so accepting. I'll keep that in mind as a possibility here.
Quote from: KathyLauren on September 06, 2018, 06:05:09 PM
I am glad you found inspiration in my tag line.  It comes from a song, "Whitewater", written by Eileen McGann, an Irish-Canadian singer-songwriter.  Ostensibly about canoeing, the song is really about transition.  Not necessarily gender transition, though it fits, but more likely, originally, moving on from a broken relationship.  I love the poetry of the meaning being entirely absent from the literal words, and yet totally obvious as allegory.

I was listening to one of Eileen McGann's CDs during my weekly electro-torture sessions when this song came up.  I had tears in my eyes as I listened.  The repeated line, "Casting off dull certainty" hit me as a summation of what I was doing.  I had no idea how my transition would turn out, but I was putting the dullness of my assumed gender roll behind me and reaching for the shining hope of whatever lay ahead.
Kathy, that's a magical song. I'll have to look up Eileen McGann. I'm not sure I'd have made the transition connection, but as you said, it's obvious once you think about it. Thanks for bringing that up.
Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: RandyL on September 06, 2018, 08:00:56 PMKathy, that's a magical song. I'll have to look up Eileen McGann. I'm not sure I'd have made the transition connection, but as you said, it's obvious once you think about it. Thanks for bringing that up.
Randy
The CD is called "Turn it Around".  There are several amazing songs on it.  She is quite the poet.
  •  

steph2.0

Oh my gosh, what a night!

Though a few days late, tonight I attended a birthday party in my honor. While I used to go out for quiet dinners to take advantage of birthday discounts, this is the first real party I can remember being held for me since I was a kid. It was at a German restaurant, and most of the people there for me were new friends who I'd met in just the last year, and with whom I'd formed bonds as deep as any I've ever had.

There was J and her husband. J is very much into the LGBT scene in the Orlando area, and is an advocate, liaison, and enthusiastic supporter.

A and her husband are awesome! They are completely accepting, and are teaching their amazing daughters to be the same. A works with @SassyCassie, which is how I came to know her.

There was D and his incredible wife E. D was my partner in the white taildragger airplane I built, and still get to fly occasionally, though he has bought out my share in the plane. I came out to D and E about the time I finished the plane, and they have enthusiastically embraced my transition. E in particular was extremely helpful in the early days when I was learning makeup and comportment. Last time I had a long talk with her I asked what I could do to improve, and she was at a loss. Apparently I've graduated from Miss E's Finishing School.

Lastly, but most importantly, there was my wife Sue and @SassyCassie, both of whom my steady readers already know.

The party:

I'll tell most of it with pictures, but there were so many warm hugs, gifts, deeply meaningful cards - and being a German restaurant, gemütlichkeit. Through all of my birthdays, I don't think I've ever celebrated one that meant more to me.

E, D, Me, and Dragon Lady (Sue)

D, J, and Cassie

A and P

Me and my cake!

So... it looked like the party was wrapping up, when everyone at the table started pointing me toward the bandstand where the German band was playing, accordion, alpenhorn, and all. They were calling my name. I was being summoned up front along with four others. And it turned out that I had been "volunteered" to take part in a yodeling contest. When I realized that I was going to have to use my voice on the amplifiers, I started to freak out. What if it reverted to my old voice in the middle of it? I considered walking off, but I would never live that down, so I sucked it up, told myself that I'd been through worse, and reminded myself that my goal is to expand my horizons, try all kinds of new things, have fun, and really live.

Number one and two were meh; three, the young woman next to me, did a great job, and when it got to me, I just belted it out. I yodeled as I'd never yodeled before. I'm not sure what that means, considering I'd never yodeled before, but my voice didn't fail me, I hit all the notes, and I wrapped it up with a joyful WOOOOO HOOOOO!! The crowd loved it! I don't know what number five did, but it sure wasn't yodeling.

And so they took a vote. The musician held his hand over each our heads and used their "applause measuring machine" to judge the crowd's reaction. Number three got a great reaction, so I figured I was out. But when he came to me the crowd went wild. OMG!

As it turned out, their "machine" was a joke, and they declared us all winners and gave us each a celebratory shot of schnapps. I was repeatedly told, though, that I'd knocked it out of the park. All I know was that after I got over my fear and let it flow, I had a gleefully fun time.

Here's the thing that completely blew me away. Nobody looked sideways at me. To the entire restaurant I was just another ciswoman having fun celebrating her birthday with friends.

Taking the vote.

Toasting ourselves with schnapps.

The last thing we did before the party broke up was get a picture with all the attending beautiful ladies.

I am so incredibly lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. I will remember this night forever.

Stephanie

•  

Jayne01

Wow! What a wonderful night Stephanie. Happy birthday, congratulations on being the yodelling queen [emoji2] and so happy for you for having such memorable evening.

The cake looked delightful. Did you share or keep it all for yourself? I would probably be reluctant to share such a tasty looking cake. [emoji23]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Donica

What a wonderful birthday party Stephanie! I'm so glad you got to spend it with close friend. Everyone looks lovely. I would of chickened out on the yodeling contest. I can't yodel. I know. I've tried. I sounded more like whaling than yodeling if that's even possible.

Lots of birthday hugs Stephanie.
Donica.
  •  

Faith

Steph, congrats on a wonderful celebration night. I know don't I reply much but I am keeping tabs on the goings-on.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

KathyLauren

What a great birthday celebration, Stephanie!  You have some wonderful friends to help you celebrate.  It is obvious from the photos that you were all having a good time!  And an extra "Yay" (or "squeee", if you prefer) for the vocal pass in the yodelling competition!
  •  

Stevi

Stephanie,

I see you stretched your birthday celebration out and had good time of it in the process. Love the pictures.

Hugs
Stevi
  •  

steph2.0

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. My apologies if I miss anyone, and thank you so much to...

@Jayne01
@Donica
@Faith
@KathyLauren
@Stevi
@michelle
@RandyL
@Alaskan Danielle
@LizK
@davina61
@Anne Blake
@Jessica
And especially @SassyCassie

...for the birthday wishes!

I have never had so many friends send good vibes my way before. Life is so much better today than it was a year ago!

I'll leave you with my favorite picture from my party. I think I've found a new avatar pic...

Stephanie

•