Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Dealing with Mania?

Started by Allie24, October 10, 2017, 11:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie24

Anyone with bipolar disorder have tips on dealing with mania? I've recently come out of my depressive stage and have had several nights so far where I had to force myself to go to bed despite being all hopped up at 2 in the morning. I am currently only on Lamictal for my depression... but right now I need to figure out how I can keep myself from bouncing off the walls too much and being generally unproductive.
  •  

Saira128

Have you tried meditation? I am not the best person to answer this question, as I myself am quite unstable, but if I were you, I would try meditation.
     What you describe happens to me to. Often, at night, I get a surge of energy, which is lacking throughout the day, and makes me wanna jump around.
     I am on anti depressants too, actually, 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love ,
          Saira :-*
  •  

Dena

The normal answer would be to talk to you doctor. It's possible a lower dosage could be used or by taking your dose first thing in the morning you levels will have dropped enough that you could sleep. It's also possible this may not be the right drug for you and the doctor might decide on another. Interesting thing in reading about the drug, it might interact with estrogen but what I saw lacked anymore detail than that.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Allie24

Quote from: Dena on October 10, 2017, 03:28:39 PM
The normal answer would be to talk to you doctor. It's possible a lower dosage could be used or by taking your dose first thing in the morning you levels will have dropped enough that you could sleep. It's also possible this may not be the right drug for you and the doctor might decide on another. Interesting thing in reading about the drug, it might interact with estrogen but what I saw lacked anymore detail than that.

I literally just started taking it. And I am currently on the lowest dose. So I'm not sure if it would have kicked in that quickly. Then again my body metabolizes at an insanely fast rate so really anything is possible.

Today I have felt less hyperactive, so we'll see how things go.
  •