Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

Tonight is going to be a big one!

Jumbo pasta shells, stuffed with sauteed shallots and portabella mixed in a thickened cream sauce base seasoned with herbs de provence. Then baked to get them nice and oozy and caramelize the top a bit. Meanwhile, shrimp in a white wine, garlic, butter sauce (shrimp scampi even if the name makes no sense) will be prepared, along with some lightly sauteed spinach. Rest of the cream sauce will be mixed with part of the shrimp sauce to thin it a bit and carefully tossed with the spinach and shells (so as not to disturb the shells), then topped with a cheese blend and panko crumbs to go back in the oven to bubble the cheese and toast the panko.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 30, 2018, 08:16:47 AM
Tonight is going to be a big one!

Jumbo pasta shells, stuffed with sauteed shallots and portabella mixed in a thickened cream sauce base seasoned with herbs de provence. Then baked to get them nice and oozy and caramelize the top a bit. Meanwhile, shrimp in a white wine, garlic, butter sauce (shrimp scampi even if the name makes no sense) will be prepared, along with some lightly sauteed spinach. Rest of the cream sauce will be mixed with part of the shrimp sauce to thin it a bit and carefully tossed with the spinach and shells (so as not to disturb the shells), then topped with a cheese blend and panko crumbs to go back in the oven to bubble the cheese and toast the panko.

New word for today, Shallots, what the heck are Shallots?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Cassi on January 30, 2018, 09:02:58 AM
New word for today, Shallots, what the heck are Shallots?

They are a type of onion, but with a distinct taste that is somewhere between a fragrant, mild onion and garlic. They are the key ingredient in everything from Latkas to Bordelaise sauce. A little more expensive than onions, and not a replacement in many dishes, but they are amazing.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 30, 2018, 09:17:17 AM

They are a type of onion, but with a distinct taste that is somewhere between a fragrant, mild onion and garlic. They are the key ingredient in everything from Latkas to Bordelaise sauce. A little more expensive than onions, and not a replacement in many dishes, but they are amazing.

Thank you Ellie.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I will try a shallot sometime, it is on my list along with endive.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

I like shallots but I don't buy them very often because they can be a bit pricey, I usually buy a nice red onion  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

The red onions are great.  They look sorta purplish to me, unless you are talking about another variety, or my eyes are bad.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

Chicken wings marinated in Greek dressing and mashed potatoes.
  •  

V M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 30, 2018, 07:00:01 PM
The red onions are great.  They look sorta purplish to me, unless you talking about another variety, or my eyes are bad.

Yes, there are a few varieties of red onions, some are closer to a red in color while others have more of a purple hugh to them

These are the kind that are usually at my grocery, the dark purple
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Daughter and i are having steak and steak fries.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Still eating leftover cooked ground beef for tacos, but spread between warm and buttered Texas toast.  It is actually pretty good, even without the gooey warm Swiss cheese. 

I need to go to the grocery.
  •  

Roll

That is what I used the shallots in.

Shrimp scampi (not seen) with jumbo shell pasta in a portobella, shallot, spinach, white wine-cream sauce seasoned with herbs de provence and fresh basil. Covered in italian cheese blend and baked then broiled.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

And here was the Carnitas I did a few days ago. Slow cooked pork loin with onions, simmered in mexican beer and coke (yes, coke), with traditional seasonings and generous amounts of lime. Served on toasted flour tortillas with kosher salt, shredded queso blanco, and more lime!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Colleen_definitely

Now that is tacos done right.

I did instant miso soup.  I'm on the road, stress from work is really getting to me, and I'm fatter than I need to be so why not keep it light?
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Michelle_P

Tossed green salad
Tri-tip steak
Garlic sautéed Brussels sprouts
Mixed vegetables
Barefoot vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

ChrissyRyan

That is a lot of good sounding and good looking food ladies!

•  

davina61

lasagne made from scratch apart from the pasta sheets, made some cheese sauce the other day  so added some more milk as it was a bit thick , lamb mince with onion, garlic  a 1/2 a tomato that was lurking in fridge, 2 button mushrooms and some courgette , 1/2 tin chopped toms and herbs . layered it up and 1/2 hr later on my plate with garlic bread. 1/2 left for another day
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

V M

Dozed off in my chair last night and woke up hungry about 3 or 4 in the morning, zapped a plate of turkey with green beans mash n' gravy

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Turkey breast, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, and Brussel sprouts.

Blueberry pie.

Chrissy
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 31, 2018, 04:18:51 PM
Turkey breast, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, and Brussel sprouts.

Blueberry pie.

Chrissy

Aha!  So, you're the one who brought over the Blueberry pie to VM!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •