Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on February 02, 2018, 05:37:23 PM
Even Goober Peas?

What are goober peas?? I'm sure I wouldn't like them either. I hate all peas. Lima beans too because they are basically big, flat peas. Ewwwwww! !
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Kendra on February 02, 2018, 06:21:02 PM
Visualize whirled peas.
My microwave has a turn table so when I steam a bag I could watch the peas whirl

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 02, 2018, 06:23:14 PM
What are goober peas?? I'm sure I wouldn't like them either. I hate all peas. Lima beans too because they are basically big, flat peas. Ewwwwww! !

"Goober Peas" is a traditional folk song probably originating in the Southern United States. It was popular with Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War, and is still sung frequently in the South to this day. It has been recorded and sung by scores of artists, including Burl Ives, Tennessee Ernie Ford and The Kingston Trio.

The lyrics of "Goober Peas" are a description of daily life during the last few years of the Civil War for Southerners. After being cut off from the rail lines and their farm land, they had little to eat aside from boiled peanuts (or "goober peas") which often served as an emergency ration. Peanuts were also known as pindars and goobers.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Not having anything exciting, Goober peas in Four Cheese Alfredo and Cottage Cheese. 

Just kidding, having Italian Sausage :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Maddie86

I never ate peas whenever my mom or grandmother would serve them, but years back I worked on a small farm that had some peas growing in one of their greenhouses and they were so good! I ate em raw off the vine! I haven't worked there in 10 years and I think that was the last time I had peas lol
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Maddie86 on February 02, 2018, 07:23:38 PM
I never ate peas whenever my mom or grandmother would serve them, but years back I worked on a small farm that had some peas growing in one of their greenhouses and they were so good! I ate em raw off the vine! I haven't worked there in 10 years and I think that was the last time I had peas lol

It's starting to look like you and Julia are "Two Peas In A Pod" :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

I'm not real big on peas either but I do like fresh sweet peas right from the pod, You don't cook 'em or anything just pop the pod open and snack the peas like candy  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Right now I'm heating up a slice of leftover pizza and contemplating a California Burrito, or is the California burrito contemplating me?  :o
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Laurie

I made chicken fried rice. It turned out good but quite spicy (mildly hot) it was Hot to my sister but she's a lightweight. I thought it mildly to medium hot spicy to be sure. I used a different recipe as a guide to the liquids. 3+ tbsp Reduced sodium soy sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce (first time using) , and 1 tbsp sesame oil. I think it was the sesame oil that gave it the spiciness.

It was good. I've made fried rice three times now and each time was a bit different but good.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

ChrissyRyan

I will conclude my modified fast in the morning.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 02, 2018, 07:49:53 PM
Right now I'm heating up a slice of leftover pizza and contemplating a California Burrito, or is the California burrito contemplating me?  :o

Well whichever way it was with the contemplation between you and the burrito, if after eating the pizza slice you had the burrito, was the burrito tasty-good?

I can say that I never had a California Burrito.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Maddie86 on February 02, 2018, 07:23:38 PM
You may have had Sugar Snap Peas which are different from regular peas. You can shell them or eat the whole thing including the pod. My mother said when they put in a family patch, it's often difficult to find enough to eat because the kids eat them off the vine.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Are sugar snap peas the same thing as sweet peas?

- V M
  •  

Dena

Sweet Peas are a flower that I am not sure you would want to eat. Possibly some call sugar snap peas sweet peas but if you do, it could lead to some confusion.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Dena on February 02, 2018, 10:03:28 PM
You may have had Sugar Snap Peas which are different from regular peas. You can shell them or eat the whole thing including the pod. My mother said when they put in a family patch, it's often difficult to find enough to eat because the kids eat them off the vine.

We grew 2 kinds, I think sugar snap actually was one of them! They're bigger peas, right? We grew more traditional ones too and those were tasty as well!
  •  

J2J

Pizza, whoops was suppose to be avoiding that type of stuff to lose a few pounds.
  •  

Dena

The regular ones you don't want to eat the pod because it's tough were as the Sugar Snap Pea can be shelled or eaten whole. You can eat Sugar Snap Peas pretty young because eating the pod makes them worth picking. Regular peas you have to wait for them to get big.
  •  

Roll

I grew sugar snap peas one year and they became home to a huge number of this gorgeous semi-rare butterflies.

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Laurie

From the wiki on Sweet Pea

Quote"Unlike the edible pea, there is evidence that seeds of members of the genus Lathyrus are toxic if ingested in quantity"
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•