News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 04, 2018, 07:04:41 AM
Lol my brother will eat mayo but only if it has mustard mixed into it. I love mayo. Know what's just wrong is miracle whip. Ewwww. [emoji37][emoji43]

Oh yes. Miracle Whip is even worse. 
My grandma once tried to put it in fruit salad with the whipped cream. Took one spoonful and spit it out. She actually thought I wouldn't notice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: TonyaW on February 04, 2018, 07:20:51 AM
Oh yes. Miracle Whip is even worse. 
My grandma once tried to put it in fruit salad with the whipped cream. Took one spoonful and spit it out. She actually thought I wouldn't notice.

Yeah, my grandma once used miracle whip in potato salad. I love potato salad but that was just .....wrong!  Unfortunately I have to keep miracle whip in the house because my dad likes it. Ewwww!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I for sure prefer mayo over Miracle Whip.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

MollyPants

I'm going to try something a bit fancy tonight so I'm making brined pork chops followed by homemade chocolate mousse.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

V M

There is a reason they call it Miracle Whip... If you can choke it down and survive, it's a miracle  >:-)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cassi on February 03, 2018, 09:43:20 PM
Looks good except there's no Mayo :(

Thank you, I was wondering what it was besides the sight of bell peppers that made me feel like yackin'
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 04, 2018, 08:44:41 AM
Thank you, I was wondering what it was besides the sight of bell peppers that made me feel like yackin'

The movie "History of White People In America"  says Mayo is the main stable of their diets.  I believe that to be true, especially of Californians :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Cassi on February 04, 2018, 11:42:58 AM
The movie "History of White People In America"  says Mayo is the main stable of their diets.  I believe that to be true, especially of Californians :)
The whole family each had their own like 5 gallon jar.

Thought the movie was pointed at Midwesterners, though it's was a long time ago. 

I can't stand the stuff but I'm about as white as they come.  Maybe I'm more of a European girl, though I hear they defile their French fries with the stuff over there. 

•  

Denise

Quote from: Kendra on February 03, 2018, 11:05:06 AM
Chop sticks.
Wow.  You must have been rich to afford chop sticks.  We only got one chop stick to eat peas with.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Kendra

That's how I know I've had too much coffee, if I can't pick up peas with chop sticks.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Roll

Random chop stick thought. You know what the worst is? When restaurants serve completely non-sticky rice with chopsticks on the side just to make people feel incompetent. (Seriously, they know better.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

Last night I ended up zapping a bowl of Nissin Hot & Spicy with Shrimp and I used my chopsticks  ;D  Yes, I has skills

But then I was still hungry so I zapped some Idahoan Fully Loaded Peppered Bacon & Cheddar mashed potatoes

- V M
  •  

V M

Quote from: Roll on February 04, 2018, 01:38:28 PM
Random chop stick thought. You know what the worst is? When restaurants serve completely non-sticky rice with chopsticks on the side just to make people feel incompetent. (Seriously, they know better.)

Yeah, what's up with that?

I always use Nishiki premium grade medium grain rice for anything and everything I make rice for

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 04, 2018, 07:29:36 AM
Yeah, my grandma once used miracle whip in potato salad. I love potato salad but that was just .....wrong!  Unfortunately I have to keep miracle whip in the house because my dad likes it. Ewwww!

I don't think I've ever had miracle whip, at least not knowingly! I love potato salad too! I came up with a recipe for honey mustard potato salad. equal parts honey and French's yellow mustard with I think 3 parts mayo mixed in to make the dressing, and some black pepper and maybe a little cayenne. It adds a nice sweetness to it! Some people might not be into but I like it :)
  •  

davina61

Made tandoori mushroom curry and a Lamb Passander , Spicy gram flat breads and Indian rice pudding. Sponge cake as well for work (managers leaving).BTW no mayo involved
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 04, 2018, 01:51:01 PM

I always use Nishiki premium grade medium grain rice for anything and everything I make rice for

That rice is good and definitely more sticky than non-sushi rice. I prefer the long grain white rice.  I do not often use sushi rice.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Roll

Quote from: V M on February 04, 2018, 01:51:01 PM

I grab these super cheap from a local asian market:

It's been a really good brand so far.

I used to buy far less milled rice that took me forever to wash enough of the starch off, that was really amazing, but too time consuming.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Ellie,

That is another excellent rice.

Chrissy
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on February 04, 2018, 02:33:11 PM
Made tandoori mushroom curry and a Lamb Passander , Spicy gram flat breads and Indian rice pudding. Sponge cake as well for work (managers leaving).BTW no mayo involved

No MAYO involved!!!!! Go directly to your room.  DO NOT pass Go and do not collect 200 dollars!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: TonyaW on February 04, 2018, 11:54:10 AM
The whole family each had their own like 5 gallon jar.

Thought the movie was pointed at Midwesterners, though it's was a long time ago. 

I can't stand the stuff but I'm about as white as they come.  Maybe I'm more of a European girl, though I hear they defile their French fries with the stuff over there. 

Favorite noon lunch in the service; went to the Club, ordered a pitcher of beer and a large order of fries with Mayo on the side along with salt and pepper :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •