Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

baked potato and rutabaga fried in olive oil and a cup of tea
  •  

Julia1996

Last night we had one of my dad's dinners. Macaroni pasta with ground beef and spaghetti sauce. My brother added some onions and peppers. It was pretty good.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: MollyPants on February 22, 2018, 12:56:42 PM
Oh wow that looks really tasty. What kind of sausage is that? I've never thought to cook sausages like that. Normally we grill them.

@ MollyPants:   I like the sausage "rings" as shown in the attached picture, either in Kielbasa or in Smoked Sausage...  I usually get the Turkey variation instead of the beef and pork kind because it has a lot less fat and calories... gotta keep my girlish figure!!
Aspiringperson

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 23, 2018, 07:47:50 AM
Last night we had one of my dad's dinners. Macaroni pasta with ground beef and spaghetti sauce. My brother added some onions and peppers. It was pretty good.

It is nice that they are helping with the meals.
Are you feeling better?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 23, 2018, 02:41:52 PM

It is nice that they are helping with the meals.
Are you feeling better?

Chrissy

I am feeling a little better. I still get tired very easily though. I had a Dr appointment yesterday and told the Dr I should be fully recovered by now and she told me both of my lungs were almost completely full of fluid and now that they finally are almost clear it's going to take time for them to recover from the damage. She also reminded me that people can die from pneumonia, even young people. I'm just totally sick of being sick!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 23, 2018, 03:02:58 PM
I am feeling a little better. I still get tired very easily though. I had a Dr appointment yesterday and told the Dr I should be fully recovered by now and she told me both of my lungs were almost completely full of fluid and now that they finally are almost clear it's going to take time for them to recover from the damage. She also reminded me that people can die from pneumonia, even young people. I'm just totally sick of being sick!

She is correct.  Also from the flu.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 23, 2018, 02:27:19 PM
@ MollyPants:   I like the sausage "rings" as shown in the attached picture, either in Kielbasa or in Smoked Sausage...  I usually get the Turkey variation instead of the beef and pork kind because it has a lot less fat and calories... gotta keep my girlish figure!!
Aspiringperson

Ahhh my dad used to buy something similar when I lived with him. It was like a cooked smoked sausage. We didn't often cook with it because it was so moreish and I am such a grazer!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Last night I had sauerkraut with pork roast and potatoes.  My grandma brought us dinner last night. She asked how I was feeling and asked if I was starving to death. Tyler told her they had been making dinner and making sure I ate. My grandma said " you've been cooking for her? I'm surprised she's not back in the hospital". My grandma can be so mean and rude. I love her. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 24, 2018, 05:37:41 AM
Last night I had sauerkraut with pork roast and potatoes.  My grandma brought us dinner last night. She asked how I was feeling and asked if I was starving to death. Tyler told her they had been making dinner and making sure I ate. My grandma said " you've been cooking for her? I'm surprised she's not back in the hospital". My grandma can be so mean and rude. I love her. Lol
Tehe! That it's quite funny. Grandparents can be so scathing!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Nothing at all last night as I was not hungry.  Ate a large lunch.

I am enjoying seeing all the colorful foods that are made.

•  

davina61

lazy tea tonight , popped in the local shop and there was beer battered chips on the cheap shelf (close to use by stuff)and strawberry yogurt . was having bread crumbed fish any way so did peas and sweet corn in micro to go with it (no not the yogurt!!) Tasty
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think some spaghetti sounds good for tonight.

•  

Cassi

Iguana filets and fries basted with mayonaise.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cassi on February 24, 2018, 02:47:18 PM

Cassi,

That really does not sound very good.  Lizard filets?  How about a nice steak instead!   :)   :)
Then you added mayo!

Chrissy
  •  

stephaniec

Brussel sprouts and broccoli fried in olive oil and tea maybe some fish I'm trying to stay away from meat my weight is out of control
  •  

stephaniec

I think Iguana filets in olive oil , garlic and cocktail sauce on the side would be good
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 23, 2018, 02:27:19 PM

Been a while but for a cheap easy dinner I used to put one of those in the oven on top of those au gratin potatoes that come in a box

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: TonyaW on February 24, 2018, 06:24:24 PM

Been a while but for a cheap easy dinner I used to put one of those in the oven on top of those au gratin potatoes that come in a box

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sounds good.  I may try some of that.

Spaghetti is rather inexpensive too.  The sauce is more costly than the noodles.  Of course hearty meatballs would add to the tab. 

Chrissy
  •  

Roll

Haven't been cooking lately because of midterm crunch, but tonight I made a Caesar Salad w/ some grilled chicken reheated in pan, with the pan deglazed with some white wine for a nice little seasoned coating of the cooked on bits and wine. Romaine, parm, dressing, onions, croutons.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

MollyPants

Iguana!?!?!?! :O I never realised people are them! What's it like?

We had a vegan round for supper last night so I made peach and chickpea curry. Tonight I'm making brined spatchcock chicken and roast potatoes.

•