Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2018, 04:01:23 PM
Angel hair pasta.

Sure enough, I knew it!!!!!

The Devyln took some poor angel's hair!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Kendra

Never thought I'd see angel and Devlyn in the same sentence.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Kendra on February 28, 2018, 04:09:34 PM
Never thought I'd see angel and Devlyn in the same sentence.

The Devyln sneaky that way!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2018, 04:01:23 PM
Angel hair pasta.

@ Devlyn Marie:   I looked at your dinner picture and I immediately thought of Angel Hair pasta.  Although it "might" have been egg noodles but if I made that dish it would have been the Angel Hair.

Angel Hair is my favorite variety of spaghetti....  I know that when it was mentioned in posts this last month that there are some that do not like Angel Hair... but, hey, we all have different likes and dislikes.  It would be a boring world if we all  liked and dislike the very same things.
For example, it baffles me greatly that others don't like some of my favorite food things like Angel Hair, Coconut, Chocolate, Mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, Wonder Bread, Cottage Cheese, Tomatoes, and Velveeta Cheese (not really cheese but it melts great for nachos and toasted cheese sandwiches.)   The dislike of chocolate especially is baffling to me.

I am now fully inspired... I am doing Angel Hair pasta tonight to go along with my homemade pasta sauce and the Italian Sausage that I put in the crock pot before I went to work this morning.
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 28, 2018, 04:14:04 PM
@ Devlyn Marie:   I looked at your dinner picture and I immediately thought of Angel Hair pasta.  Although it "might" have been egg noodles but if I made that dish it would have been the Angel Hair.

Angel Hair is my favorite variety of spaghetti....  I know that when it was mentioned in posts this last month that there are some that do not like Angel Hair... but, hey, we all have different likes and dislikes.  It would be a boring world if we all  liked and dislike the very same things.
For example, it baffles me greatly that others don't like some of my favorite food things like Angel Hair, Coconut, Chocolate, Mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, Wonder Bread, Cottage Cheese, Tomatoes, and Velveeta Cheese (not really cheese but it melts great for nachos and toasted cheese sandwiches.)   The dislike of chocolate especially is baffling to me.

I am now fully inspired... I am doing Angel Hair pasta tonight to go along with my homemade pasta sauce and the Italian Sausage that I put in the crock pot before I went to work this morning.
Aspiringperson

Angel hair pasta is so good! 

So, being in Alaska, do you make or eat Baked Alaska, Eskimo Pie, or Moose Tracks,
or any food that is really Alaskan?  Good luck and have lots of fun on your date too if you decide to go!

P. S. Tomatoes are great!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 28, 2018, 04:22:20 PM

Angel hair pasta is so good! 

So, being in Alaska, do you make or eat Baked Alaska, Eskimo Pie, or Moose Tracks,
or any food that is really Alaskan?  Good luck and have lots of fun on your date too if you decide to go!

P. S. Tomatoes are great! .

Chrissy

@ Chrissy:  I am certain that there are Alaskans that do not eat any of what you mentioned BUT I LIKE EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED.   A particularly difficult thing for me to make is Baked Alaska....  Oh, all the ingredients will be in the finished dish and tastes great but at least mine doesn't look perfect like you see in the pictures or what you get in a restaurant....it is not very presentable but it is good..
Moose Tracks ice cream is a favorite of mine, and because I like chocolate I will put chocolate topping on it too!!!
... and YES, tomatoes are great.  ... but not on the Moose Tracks !!! LOL
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 28, 2018, 04:44:33 PM
@ Chrissy:  I am certain that there are Alaskans that do not eat any of what you mentioned BUT I LIKE EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED.   A particularly difficult thing for me to make is Baked Alaska....  Oh, all the ingredients will be in the finished dish and tastes great but at least mine doesn't look perfect like you see in the pictures or what you get in a restaurant....it is not very presentable but it is good..
Moose Tracks ice cream is a favorite of mine, and because I like chocolate I will put chocolate topping on it too!!!
... and YES, tomatoes are great.  ... but not on the Moose Tracks !!! LOL
Aspiringperson

Speaking of chocolate, I was given a whole bag of little pieces of milk chocolate, it is the Dove brand.  They seem to be very smooth and tasty.  I have to put them up because it has been five pieces eaten already in the past half hour!  They are very good.   

Tomatoes are very good but I would skip them too on ice cream.   :)

Chrissy

•  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 28, 2018, 07:28:45 PM

Speaking of chocolate, I was given a whole bag of little pieces of milk chocolate, it is the Dove brand.  They seem to be very smooth and tasty.  I have to put them up because it has been five pieces eaten already in the past half hour!  They are very good.   

Tomatoes are very good but I would skip them too on ice cream.   :)

Chrissy

What about the MayO?????

Or should I say May :icon_drunk:
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Angel hair is a must for me if spaghetti and meatballs is hitting the table. Usually the dried sausage dish gets a shaped pasta, but all I had was the angel hair so that's what I used.

I went to Five Guys tonight, first time there. Burger good. Fries better.
Chocolate shake with bacon was perfection.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2018, 07:38:58 PM
Angel hair is a must for me if spaghetti and meatballs is hitting the table. Usually the dried sausage dish gets a shaped pasta, but all I had was the angel hair so that's what I used.

You had a chocolate shake with bacon and yet no Mayo?????

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Mayo from Five Guys is a bit extreme even for me, Cassi.  ::) :angel: >:-)
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2018, 07:53:50 PM
Mayo from Five Guys is a bit extreme even for me, Cassi.  ::) :angel: >:-)

Hummmmm.  Guess ya ain't the real Devyln!  Where did you put her?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Are you seriously questioning a woman in an angels hair wig?  :laugh:
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2018, 08:19:39 PM
Are you seriously questioning a woman in an angels hair wig?  :laugh:

For shimmels, I'm never seriously serious!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Ramen. HOMEMADE RAMEN.

So yeah. Delicious but oh my god everything that happened along the way... First, after 6 hours of cooking, I go to salt the broth. THE LID COMES OFF THE SALT SHAKER. I really, really, really lucked up though, and somehow all of the salt landed around the rim of the slow cooker and didn't pour into it. I had to clean up piles of alt but the Ramen was safe. Then when I was attempting to strain it, I totally poured some on myself. So that was fun. And just to top it all off, right as I was getting ready to serve it, my sister was getting stuff down from the cabinet above, where for whatever reason my step mother keeps all the medicines... and she dropped a bottle into the broth. So that was gross. But I boiled the hell outta it and strained it a few more times. Still kinda grosses me out a little, but it was brief and too hot for germs.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on February 28, 2018, 08:22:30 PM

Ramen. HOMEMADE RAMEN.

So yeah. Delicious but oh my god everything that happened along the way... First, after 6 hours of cooking, I go to salt the broth. THE LID COMES OFF THE SALT SHAKER. I really, really, really lucked up though, and somehow all of the salt landed around the rim of the slow cooker and didn't pour into it. I had to clean up piles of alt but the Ramen was safe. Then when I was attempting to strain it, I totally poured some on myself. So that was fun. And just to top it all off, right as I was getting ready to serve it, my sister was getting stuff down from the cabinet above, where for whatever reason my step mother keeps all the medicines... and she dropped a bottle into the broth. So that was gross. But I boiled the hell outta it and strained it a few more times. Still kinda grosses me out a little, but it was brief and too hot for germs.

OMG!

Ellie's Bird Nest Soup!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Cassi on February 28, 2018, 08:47:19 PM
OMG!

Ellie's Bird Nest Soup!

The egg is traditional! Sometimes you braise them in soy sauce and they get cool looking, like a light gradient through the egg.

GAH, I just realized I forgot to mix in some of the bean paste I have...
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2018, 07:38:58 PM

Love Five Guys.  Best non-charbroiled burgers and way more awesome fries than you need.  Malt vinegar available for the fries too.  Never had a shake there though, enough calories without it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•