Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

What I thought was the best meatloaf that I ever had came from Tyler Florence. It was bursting with flavor and the red pepper flavor was very visible. The down side is the loaf contains so much fluid that it breaks apart when you handle it. Probably not great for sandwiches however I am not sure there would be enough left over for sandwiches. 
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

davina61

The stuffed marrow was lovely, nice chilli kick . Had strawberries with strawberry cheesecake ice cream, trouble was finished the pot off so sorry diet!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

GingerVicki

Ha ha. Green beans, mashed potatoes, baked chicken with bacon. :) yum
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: davina61 on July 14, 2018, 04:38:21 PM
The stuffed marrow was lovely, nice chilli kick . Had strawberries with strawberry cheesecake ice cream, trouble was finished the pot off so sorry diet!!!

Tristan's mom made stuffed marrow once. She stuffed them with a ground lamb mixture.  She said stuffed marrow was actually a British dish but that it was really good. I had never heard of stuffed marrow and something involving bone marrow came to mind. Ewww! And why wouldn't that come to mind. Aussies eat some unusual stuff. Kangaroo, emu, etc.   I was thinking of how I could get out of eating it. Lol. It was delicious.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Dena

I think if you had properly prepared beef bone marrow you would become a lover. It requires long cooking with a low heat and beef marrow becomes very beefy tasting. One of the things done with it is after baking it's dumped into a soup post with water and then boiled. This extracts the beefy flavor making a great soup stock. If you have a butcher that you deal with regularly, they would probably give you bone marrow for free however if you just drop by, they may not even admit to having them.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Stuffed marrow is a stuffed squash much like a large zucchini and much like everything else everyone has their own favorite way of making it  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

davina61

made Okra curry yesterday , lots of mustard seeds in the oil so it has a nice hot after taste with the sharpness of the Okra. Needed to use up a aubergine so tried a recipe and its nice and tasty. Got a piece of beef as it was 1/3 off so going to make sliced beef cooked in yogurt and spices . 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Julia1996

Last night I did fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits.  I also made bread pudding from krispy kreme donuts for dessert.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Katie Jade

Copy of post on my  thread;
Quote from: Katie Again on July 17, 2018, 04:22:26 PM
So just to get my thread back onto me, here is my tea, currently keeping my tummy nice and warm;

So that's;
Cauliflower - steamed with a light cheese sauce
2 well cooked rashers of Bacon (non-smoked thick, Aldi's best)
Roasted pepper filled with diced onions, Lancashire Cheese, and Jalapeno peppers, some ground pepper to suit.
Slice of white bread with butter.

Peppers are currently attacking my insides and are still hot.

Luv n Hugz

Katie
;D ;D ;D ;) :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made Zwiebelkuchen. It's a German onion pie. It's one of my dads favorites. It's made with caramelized onions, cream, bacon and cheese.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on July 18, 2018, 07:20:14 AM
Last night I made Zwiebelkuchen. It's a German onion pie. It's one of my dads favorites. It's made with caramelized onions, cream, bacon and cheese.

I've never heard of that but it sounds really good!!

last night my mom and sister took me out to dinner and we went to one of my favorite restaurants. I got the "pasta lover's dream", my plate had spaghetti and meatballs on it along with lasagna and fettuccine alfredo and it was all amazing! I had the spaghetti for breakfast today lol
  •  

Julia1996

All three?? Ohhhh that sounds good! Zwiebelkuchen is just German for onion pie. My dad grew up here in the USA but my grandparents came here right after they got married so my dad grew up eating authentic German food.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

davina61

This was last night but made beef cooked in yogurt and spices with courgette with fenugreek seeds as a veg dish and some roti (chapati) followed by strawberries and ice cream . Went to have my back done in the afternoon with Debs (known her since she was 14, friends with my sister) and said my hands stink of garlic and talking about cooking ended up with her coming for tea and got a delicious from her.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Tonight has not been decided yet, my work schedule is in flux as it usually is. 
I do have fridge and a freezer full of small containers of leftovers that can provide a quick and nice meal ....   

hmmm, I have some Mac and Cheese in there...   also some meatloaf and mashed potatoes...  oh, and some very tasty Lasagna and garlic bread too... 

So, it is a matter of getting off work at a reasonable hour and getting home to prepare some dinner....   or if I am working late I can always get some takeout from the next door coffee shop.... their Reuben sandwich is to die for....   their Fish and Chips is very good as well...  and they also make real old fashioned style milk shakes and malts, you can't get those everywhere, even in a big city.

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

V M

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 18, 2018, 07:32:26 AM
I've never heard of that but it sounds really good!!

last night my mom and sister took me out to dinner and we went to one of my favorite restaurants. I got the "pasta lover's dream", my plate had spaghetti and meatballs on it along with lasagna and fettuccine alfredo and it was all amazing! I had the spaghetti for breakfast today lol

"Pasta lover's dream is a perfect description for that dinner  :icon_dribble:  I made spaghetti with my baseball size meatballs  ;D 

Quote from: Julia1996 on July 18, 2018, 07:20:14 AM

The literal translation is onion cake but it most often looks like a pie and is very tasty  ;D

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

DotSlashNatalie

Tonight I had pork chops that have been marinating in hot and spicy BBQ sauce for the past couple of days with a side of canned corn (I put 2 tbsp of butter when I cooked the corn ;D ).
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Texas t bone ....mushrooms and greens ....washed down with corona and mescale
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

davina61

leftover beef in yogurt with dry mixed veg curry and the last of the strawberries with ice cream for pud
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Dear Davina
What an eclectic mix. Sounds intriguing but can you go more extreme please? Obviously within the context of decency and UK available food stuffs so I can have a go at home? - Ginger root and Pobs maybe, or Lamb fireballs with turnip surprise? I always fancied a Sheep's brain marinated in seasoned Bass bitter with a side order of wild spriglets of seasonal Anchovy roots.
Im sure I could write a London restaurant menu... (ie pure crapo)

Lots of Love
and Hugz of course

Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) :angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) :angel: :police: :police: :police: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

V M

Pizza!!!  ;D

Hi friends  ;D  Yep, this addition has reached it page limit so it's time for What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Hugs

V M

- V M
  •