Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on September 15, 2018, 12:51:57 AM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/2vt2nx

A goodwill find... it fits but I dare say I could lose some weight. What surprises me is that shoulders don't look too bad... fairly well balanced.

@krobinson103
Thanks for posting the terrific picture of your "new" dress... 
...yes indeed, your shoulders look just fine in it.... 
Now, all you have to decide is where you are going to wear it and what shoes to wear with it.

Thanks for your update and sharing your new photo with us all.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 15, 2018, 09:27:19 AM
@krobinson103
Thanks for posting the terrific picture of your "new" dress... 
...yes indeed, your shoulders look just fine in it.... 
Now, all you have to decide is where you are going to wear it and what shoes to wear with it.

Thanks for your update and sharing your new photo with us all.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

I don't have too many places to wear such a dress. But I always wanted to have one. :) Think I'll also add a sash or something at the waist cause its rather unforgiving on figure that dress.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on September 15, 2018, 11:51:03 AM
I don't have too many places to wear such a dress. But I always wanted to have one. :) Think I'll also add a sash or something at the waist cause its rather unforgiving on figure that dress.

@krobinson103
Oh yeah, for sure, that is my problem as well... trying to find events and places to go dressed in these very nice long and flowing dresses that look so beautiful and that are so affirming to wear.   
Where I live in my small rural town, there are essentially no events or places that would be appropriate...
the exception is that I do dress up in a skirt and blouse, or a conservative dress and mid-high heels when I go to my office... in really bad weather it can be slacks and a sweater, and in really bad, bad, bad weather it is denim jeans, sweater and sweatshirt, boots, hat, and gloves...

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and your newest photos.... 
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 16, 2018, 09:25:20 AM
@krobinson103
Oh yeah, for sure, that is my problem as well... trying to find events and places to go dressed in these very nice long and flowing dresses that look so beautiful and that are so affirming to wear.   
Where I live in my small rural town, there are essentially no events or places that would be appropriate...
the exception is that I do dress up in a skirt and blouse, or a conservative dress and mid-high heels when I go to my office... in really bad weather it can be slacks and a sweater, and in really bad, bad, bad weather it is denim jeans, sweater and sweatshirt, boots, hat, and gloves...

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and your newest photos.... 
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

I always wear a skirt etc to work. Its just normal. :) Dresses aren't very practical for a teacher however. Maybe next weekend I'll find a use for it. Some of the girls want to go out on the town. Even then I have to wonder if it would be overdressed...
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

I woke up this morning... and....

I DON'T NEED TO SHAVE!

The world is great!
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

krobinson103

I put a profile on a trans dating site just for fun and got 50! emails in a week lol. Most of them are totally not interesting, but there are a few that catch my eye that don't seem to be chasing just a fetish. For the most part though I'm not impressed with the whole dating site scene. Too much chasing sex and honestly... they need to go to pick up line school! They are terrible...
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on September 17, 2018, 03:07:37 PM
I put a profile on a trans dating site just for fun and got 50! emails in a week lol. Most of them are totally not interesting, but there are a few that catch my eye that don't seem to be chasing just a fetish. For the most part though I'm not impressed with the whole dating site scene. Too much chasing sex and honestly... they need to go to pick up line school! They are terrible...

Watch out for the >-bleeped-<s and the idiots with the no brainer, one-liner pick up lines that many times are R-rated or worse.   Then of course there will be rude and crude messages as well.   But if you pick through it all very selectively and carefully you may find a few gems among the rocks.
Be careful out there in cyber-space.   
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

krobinson103

Well not much has happened recently but a few things to comment on;

I found some size 12 double wide shoes at goodwill (flats) for $5 I was amazed to find anything that fit let alone on sale... needless to say I grabbed them while I could.

When you have a cis wife who isn't lesbian its smart to change 'wife' to partner in public. I don't think she appreciates being seen as lesbian very much! In order to keep the peace I need to remember this. When you say partner people just assume its some dude who isn't with you at the moment. Not that I care if people see me as lesbian. I've been openly gay, openly trans, why not complete the set? :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on September 18, 2018, 02:41:35 PM
Well not much has happened recently but a few things to comment on;

I found some size 12 double wide shoes at goodwill (flats) for $5 I was amazed to find anything that fit let alone on sale... needless to say I grabbed them while I could.

When you have a cis wife who isn't lesbian its smart to change 'wife' to partner in public. I don't think she appreciates being seen as lesbian very much! In order to keep the peace I need to remember this. When you say partner people just assume its some dude who isn't with you at the moment. Not that I care if people see me as lesbian. I've been openly gay, openly trans, why not complete the set? :)

@krobinson103
I am not certain how "partner" translates differently from NZ and here in the USA, but "partner" usually denotes a soul-mate cohabiting and includes an intimate relationship.... so that doesn't seem too far off from "wife"....

If I were in your situation, at least where I live, I would consider "housemate" or "roommate" as a term that would not necessarily include your wife being considered a Lesbian....   

....that is only my opinion and since we live in different areas of the world we do use words differently even though we both speak English....   

...for example, I was with a friend from New Zealand when I was in college and I got lectured on the word "fanny"   ....  we were talking about the innocent apparel item "fanny pack"  .....   it seems that "fanny"  means something completely and shockingly different in our in each of our two countries.

Thanks for your update.......
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 18, 2018, 02:55:09 PM
@krobinson103
I am not certain how "partner" translates differently from NZ, but here in the USA, but "partner" usually denotes a soul-mate cohabiting and includes an intimate relationship.... so that doesn't seem too far off from "wife"....

If I were in your situation, at least where I live, I would consider "housemate" or "roommate" as a term that would not necessarily include your wife being considered a Lesbian....   

....that is only my opinion and since we live in different areas of the world we do use words differently even though we both speak English....   

...for example, I was with a friend from New Zealand when I was in college and I go lectured on the word "fanny"   ....  we were talking about the innocent apparel item "fanny pack"  .....   it seems that "fanny"  means something completely and shockingly different in our in each of our two countries.

Thanks for your update.......
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

partner is a catch all for someone you co habitat with. Generally though the closed minded set who would care attach it to person of the opposite gender so it just smooths things over a bit. Now fanny... yes, not the most appropriate word lol.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

I had an interesting conversation with my youngest daughter.

"I love having a girl Daddy, I'm so lucky." She states.

This intrigued me. So I asked her why.

"Because a girl Daddy can do everything. She can be my Daddy, but also do girl things with me." Then she gives me a big hug and tells me she loves me.

This made me pause and reflect. So I asked her if she wouldn't rather have old Daddy.

"No, because old daddy wouldn't do half the things we do now, I'm really lucky."

This drove the point home that in deciding to transition was the best decision I have made - ever. Even my wife asked me yesterday how my day was - it had been a miserable one actually. But she states you always seem so happy...

Now at work I have to change kids. As a male teacher that was often problematic (society doesn't trust male teachers) as a female? You get much more trust and can actually do these things without feeling like you are putting yourself in danger. :)

No regrets....
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@krobinson103
Dear "girl Daddy"  ... this update of yours brought a tear to my eye....
...and, oh wow, your wife's comment about you being happy all the time!!!  Very affirming for you and your transition decision.

Thanks for your wonderful report... a pleasure to read and so good to read how well you are doing.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Sonja

@krobinson103
Hey Kelly - that's really sweet of your daughter to say that, must have made you feel awesome!

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

krobinson103

Second laser session today. Not as painful as the first so she cranked up the power. Judging by the pain a lot was fried this day. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Its warm enough to wear shorts and short sleeves now. So I went to work in shorts and and reasonably form fitting top. I realized that my breasts are actually bigger than quite a few women at work lol. I guess HRT is doing its work.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/1W1743

Another nice Op Shop find. :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/tkGE1H

and ready to go out and meet some new friends tonight. No thanks to laser hair removal red bumps but oh well a bit of extra concealer won't kill me. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Well I just returned from the city and it was an interesting night. My wife went with me and we met up with five local trans woman at a lounge bar then moved onto a drag club where there was a big show going on (unexpected!) Fun never the less. My wife got to talk to others and saw their stories were similar to mine, visited a gay bar for the first time ever, and saw a drag show again for the first time.

My dress fit in well and got me some interesting looks from various men lol. But what the heck its not work let em look... :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: krobinson103 on September 18, 2018, 02:41:35 PM
When you have a cis wife who isn't lesbian its smart to change 'wife' to partner in public. I don't think she appreciates being seen as lesbian very much!

Same boat here.  She's so far ok when I say wife but isn't comfortable calling me her wife.  She knows husband doesn't work  anymore so I suggested she say spouse instead.

That was really cool what your daughter said about liking her girl daddy. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

krobinson103

Well over the last few weeks I've checked out more bars and dating apps than I have in the last 14 years. I came to the conclusion that I don't actually want a man. I want a woman and not just any woman, but a trans woman. Which is fortunate given my long distance gf is both. Had a good conversation with her this afternoon and we both share a very similar vision for the future which is quite exciting. The logistics of what happens to take me from where I am, to where I want to be are more complicated given the family must be first on the priority list. However, given time and patience its not impossible either.

I have a dream that within the next ten years I can be a bride. Its on my bucket list, and its on hers. We had a little discussion around that and resolved that such an outcome would not be impossible in the future just need to see how things go in terms of dealing with various issues and obstacles again requiring time!

In terms of transitioning I have to say the grunt work is done. Its just a matter of well logistics. Waiting on the list for orchie, finding a way to gather cash for srs in the future. Other wise, its done. Beyond letting things continue to settle, letting hrt do its thing, letting hair grow, and letting laser do it work (see a theme? hurry up and wait) its time to just get on with living.

I've been trying to be the most critical I can be and looking at my recent photos and experiences there is no evidence to point to people seeing me as anything but the way I want them to. Today I was in a playground full of parents and my daughter as usual used Daddy about 100 times... no blinks an eye. These days, dad is less of a gendered term and more of a job description.

Work issues continue to resolve and a bit more hard work and yes... waiting (arrrggghhhH!) will sort out most of that, freeing me to be mobile in where I work helping to resolve closing the distance in long distance relationship issue. I'm trying to be pragmatic and look at the what ifs... but the fact is every goal I set a year ago is complete or almost complete. The family dynamic while changed did not explode. We have come to an amiable compromise. I did not lose my job or career... and transition is rolling along fabulously.

Spose all I can say in closing is that today is a totally awesome day and tomorrow will only be better.
Cherish every day.
  •