News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Ashes have been returned

Started by Cindy, December 18, 2017, 03:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Quote from: Dena on December 21, 2017, 08:22:54 PM
I can only repeat what I have heard from others about beer as I never have consumed alcohol however Fosters is sold in the United States. We produce it in the United State and have for a long time. When I visited the Tumwater Washington brewery, their primary product was Millers however they produce a couple of dozen products and Fosters was included in the mix. Somebody  liked it enough for them to continue brewing it.

Is Ranier ale still made in Tumwater?

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Dena

Quote from: Jessica on December 21, 2017, 08:31:27 PM
Is Ranier ale still made in Tumwater?
Tumwater closed down and they transferred operations to some other location. I was last up there about 8 years ago and they closed it sometime after that.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Cindy on December 21, 2017, 07:47:48 PM
Liz, I can't believe. I think someone tried to insult Skippy!!!!

I mean, is nothing sacred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The way you guys treat 'roos, I'd be surprised if skippy isn't a hood ornament by now [emoji23]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

big kim

Often fancied an Aussie car, a Falcon, Valiant or Monaro would do nicely. Well done for making cars with the steering wheel on the proper side & driving on the civilised side of the road
  •  

Roll

I have maybe understood 5% of this thread.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Roll on December 22, 2017, 08:58:34 AM
ROFL,  I got the car stuff,  I don't do team sports...

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Megan. on December 22, 2017, 01:22:40 PM
Quote from: Roll on December 22, 2017, 08:58:34 AM

ROFL,  I got the car stuff,  I don't do team sports...

On a side note, I've discovered that I suddenly understand the lyrics to Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  •  

Rees1281

I'm one of the few Americans who isn't an ex-pat who enjoys cricket.  I was sick one day and could sleep and a test match between England and the West Indies was the only live sport on ESPN's roku app on my TV.  I  watched two videos to explain the rules and have been watching ever since.

I generally root for England since America really doesn't exist in the international cricket seen.
  •  

stephaniec

•  

LizK

Quote from: Rees1281 on July 02, 2018, 09:44:55 PM
I'm one of the few Americans who isn't and ex-pat who enjoys cricket.  I was sick one day and could sleep and a test match between England and the West Indies was the only live sport on ESPN's roku app on my TV.  I  watched two videos to explain the rules and have been watching ever since.

I generally root for England since America really doesn't exist in the international cricket seen.

Good on you...it seems to be a bit much for most of your US colleagues to be able to cope with...you clearly have great taste in sport ;) ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

MaryT

I'm English (well, Tyke, so I'm pretty close) but I think that the reason the English like cricket is because they can fall asleep without missing anything (just watch the spectators at a country match on a warm summer's day).

As for Aussie vs English beer, I think that it's more an argument of bitter vs lager than between nationalities.  I was out of the country for a while and didn't have my first pint of bitter till rather late in life.  My work colleagues decided I was unmanly just because I shrivelled up after my first sip.  Fortunately, it temporarily deadens your tastebuds so after the first pint you can swig as much as your companions without tasting it.

I don't know why Australian TV programs have been insulted.  Surely everyone remembers wonderful shows like Ten Town and The Magic Boomerang?
  •  

ErinWDK

Quote from: stephaniec on July 02, 2018, 10:25:41 PM
who's Skippy

On a thread about things Australian?  This was a Roo from the late sixties.  The show was a sort of Australian version of Lassie.  To be fair, as much of a Yank as I am, I don't watch re-runs of Lassie either.  A boy and his Roo, a show for the MUCH younger set (a LONG time ago).

Google is your friend...
  •  

LizK

Fun Facts about our national symbol. Kangaroo's are not cute little furry animals...Imagine a squirrel on steroids and then some. They quite often stand well above 6ft tall and can weigh up to about 200 lbs , the are stupid...dumb as a tree stupid...They can do you serious harm if they attack you with their long sharp claws and will destroy your car if they run into it(which they do regularly) and possibly kill you if it happens to be at high speed...Imagine 200 pounds(90kgs) of solid muscle hitting the front of your car at 70(120Km) miles an hour.

Useless fact: In most cities in Australia we don't have Kangaroos running in the streets like flock of wild parrots...can you imagine the mess
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

big kim

Quite a lot of Australian wildlife will kill you. Spiders, snakes, crocodiles & sharks & probably a few more to look out for! We have only one poisonous snake in the UK
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: big kim on July 05, 2018, 01:21:32 AM
Quite a lot of Australian wildlife will kill you. Spiders, snakes, crocodiles & sharks & probably a few more to look out for! We have only one poisonous snake in the UK

and more people in Australia are killed by Bee stings than all of the above combined, and the native bees don't sting!
  •  

V M

Mmmm, what is it?

A great spanker for a bit of kink? :icon_eyebrow: Something to row your canoe with? A device for fending off an unruly croc?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

LizK

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: V M on July 05, 2018, 02:01:02 AM

Mmmm, what is it?

A great spanker for a bit of kink? :icon_eyebrow: Something to row your canoe with? A device for fending off an unruly croc?

It's called a cricket bat.  You can use it to demolish your home until you find the insect that's driving you mad, then you whack the cricket itself.
  •  

Rees1281

Quote from: Cindy on July 05, 2018, 01:49:58 AM
and more people in Australia are killed by Bee stings than all of the above combined, and the native bees don't sting!

I'd love to visit Oz but our little spiders here frighten me enough.  Couldn't imagine living with the ones you have there.
  •