Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What did you get for Christmas?

Started by Julia1996, December 26, 2017, 10:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Just when you think it's all over and sleepily making some coffee to get your day on... There's a knock at the door

You timidly peer out to see an oddly shaped box and check the label to make sure it isn't a mistake... Yes, that's your name and address

So you take the oddly shaped box in and open it and OMG!!! It's an electric twelve string guitar with a Telecaster body!!!

Imma tune that puppy up  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

•  

Laurie

WOW V.M. That was really nice of someone.  I am guessing it wasn't something you ordered for yourself. Got any ideas on who to thank? No don't tell us who this mysterious Santa is. We all know Santa is real and so is the Easter bunny. Just ask that (damn what's her name?) Mooner? Marsha? No Moany yeah that's it just ask Moany She has a 6' 3" Easter bunny she named Harold or Heavenly no  Harvey yeah Harvey. Do let him near your new instrument.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

Quote from: Cindy on December 29, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
OMG indeed :o

Clicked on the wrong button LOL

Yes, my head is still spinning and I'm so excited I can't stop shaking  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

BT04

$200 for new tires, some camping gear, blankets, a book, gloves, some rare vintage Transformers finds (my husband has been giving me a TF toy of my favorite character for years now, but seeing as how I've collected them all already..!), alcohol, money for a transmission fluid change...

Then there's the stuff I got ME: a torque wrench and $100 gift card to Quadratec because it came with one of these hilarious stockings:

- Seth

Ex-nonbinary trans man, married to a straight guy, still in love. Pre-T, pre-op.
  •  

Dee Marshall

I got this on New Year's Day from my son and it was for Hanukkah. I should have posted this then but I was tired then drove from Pittsburgh where he lives to the Hudson Valley in New York where we live the next day and forgot to post. Randi helped him pick it out! She has good taste and knows mine well.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dee Marshall on January 09, 2018, 11:09:29 AM
I got this on New Year's Day from my son and it was for Hanukkah. I should have posted this then but I was tired then drove from Pittsburgh where he lives to the Hudson Valley in New York where we live the next day and forgot to post. Randi helped him pick it out! She has good taste and knows mine well.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

That's really cool.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

That's an interesting purse Dee. Colorful too. Mine would be boring next to it. heck it plain and boring by itself but I like it.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

That is a rather lively and festive purse  ;D

- V M
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Everyone loves purses. Why don't I like purses?
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Roll on January 09, 2018, 10:29:50 PM
Everyone loves purses. Why don't I like purses?

I encourage you to try a starter bag, something that could be for a guy too.  only wear it as a purse.  not only does it hold stuff you want to, but it's gender affirming too.  Oh, have you started wearing women'spants too?  The pockets are so small, you want a bag to put things in.  Putting my cell phone in my jeans pocket is uncomfortable now.  The bag is where it's at.  I'll include a link to my favorite starter bag too, super cheap.

Bari Jo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075JDDNS7/ref=mp_s_a_1_61?ie=UTF8&qid=1515579696&sr=8-61&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ladies+purse+green+canvas&dpPl=1&dpID=61bQdwhbDPL&ref=plSrch
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Michelle_P

Thanks, Bari Jo!  That's a good everyday bag, and looks to have more room than my Travelon or Baggolini everyday purses.   I just ordered one to try out.  (Not a big fan of the giant Coach and similar high end, single space designer bags. The 'design' is mostly to show off their logo, rather than provide functionality.  OK, I'm also cheap...)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Michelle_P on January 10, 2018, 09:59:41 AM
Thanks, Bari Jo!  That's a good everyday bag, and looks to have more room than my Travelon or Baggolini everyday purses.   I just ordered one to try out.  (Not a big fan of the giant Coach and similar high end, single space designer bags. The 'design' is mostly to show off their logo, rather than provide functionality.  OK, I'm also cheap...)

Let us know how things go.  For Xmas I also received a coach bag from my sister.  It's about the same size, but it's much more feminine.  I'm having a hard time using it as I'm not out to everyone.  I'll get there, it's incentive.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 10, 2018, 04:23:21 AM
I encourage you to try a starter bag, something that could be for a guy too.  only wear it as a purse.  not only does it hold stuff you want to, but it's gender affirming too.  Oh, have you started wearing women'spants too?  The pockets are so small, you want a bag to put things in.  Putting my cell phone in my jeans pocket is uncomfortable now.  The bag is where it's at.  I'll include a link to my favorite starter bag too, super cheap.

Bari Jo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075JDDNS7/ref=mp_s_a_1_61?ie=UTF8&qid=1515579696&sr=8-61&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ladies+purse+green+canvas&dpPl=1&dpID=61bQdwhbDPL&ref=plSrch

I still can't quite pull off women's jeans, too much extra weight still and they highlight it. Leggings/jeggings do well on me, but too much to wear publicly at the moment. I do want to start switching over though, and was trying to figure out how to approach it in a store here. Since I don't have to 9 to 5 it, I can shop at weird times fortunately though.

(Though I have now switched over to exclusively women's underwear and stuff like deodorant and body wash. I smell all citrusy and I love it. It's a start. Orange blossom is my jam, yo!)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 10, 2018, 10:53:15 AM
I still can't quite pull off women's jeans, too much extra weight still and they highlight it. Leggings/jeggings do well on me, but too much to wear publicly at the moment. I do want to start switching over though, and was trying to figure out how to approach it in a store here. Since I don't have to 9 to 5 it, I can shop at weird times fortunately though.

(Though I have now switched over to exclusively women's underwear and stuff like deodorant and body wash. I smell all citrusy and I love it. It's a start. Orange blossom is my jam, yo!)

Same here on the undies.  Haven't worn men's jeans in weeks - women's fit and are more comfortable though while I like the closing/wrapping cuff at the bottom, I reserve those for home only right now.  I have noticed that my color perception and likes have shifted somewhat to pastels and greys.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sarah_P

--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•