Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Bari Jo's Corner

Started by Bari Jo, January 16, 2018, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

There is nothing quite like some unsolicited support from unexpected quarters!! Nice outcome...
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Bari Jo

I had another interesting happening over the weekend.  I met some friends of a distant family member.  They were very sweet, and excited to meet and talk with me.  My pup seemed to help this too. Anyway, I learned that they knew immediately that I was trans and were in support mode 100%.  Apparently they had a son that was trans and could not handle the pressure and ended up committing suicide.  I think we all know this kind of pressure.  Anyway these people were so sweet and understanding.

I bought my first pair of heels this weekend.  They are low heels and I'll wear them to work even though I'm not totally out.  They are just enough to know they are feminine.  Btw, I do have another pair of heels that I consider training heels.  I'll only wear them to group.

Oh, I went through drawers at my old room in my dad's house.  I found some Chinese silk pajamas.  I totally remember dressing in these in high school and felt so feminine.  I ordered myself a new pair:)

Onto new things.  I am about to the point where I can get my hair done again.  I have scheduled an appt for July 28th.  This plows me to be pretty for my bday, and also go to a trans pride clinic as my pretty self.  As for color, I still don't know.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Jessica

Strawberry blond would look awesome on you!  Not too far out, but stunning!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 05, 2018, 05:20:02 PM
Hi Tonya, the first thought I had when I saw that in the movie, is I want that color.  I think next weekend I'm going to color.  I can't wait.

I had that thought also, but I already went with red so I'd have to bleach it if I wanted to change. Been pretty happy with the red so don't really want to change anyway.

If you're not sure about a color for yourself, start with a lighter shade.  It's a lot easier to go darker later than other way around.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Bari Jo

I just got the email, now I'm ecstatic.  I have been chosen to be part of the local university's voice and communication clinic.  This is a free clinic offered for transgender voice therapy.  The wait list apparently is crazy big, and I was chosen, yay!  This starts in September.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Stevi

Bari Jo,

Your very own voice therapy.  Good for you.  Fitting in one more piece of the puzzle.  The finished picture will be something that pleases you when it is finished.  We can see it coming together.  Looking good already.

Stevi
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 10, 2018, 05:07:02 AM
I just got the email, now I'm ecstatic.  I have been chosen to be part of the local university's voice and communication clinic.  This is a free clinic offered for transgender voice therapy.  The wait list apparently is crazy big, and I was chosen, yay!  This starts in September.

Bari Jo

Congratulations...well done. Getting your voice right is such an important thing I suspect surgery is the only thing that will really do me any good...but I will persevere with my lessons LOL
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

Bari Jo, congratulations on being chosen for the voice clinic. Voice is very important for our own overall image of ourselves. It is probably the most dysphoric part of me at the moment. I hope the clinic helps you get the results you desire.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 10, 2018, 05:07:02 AM

Bari Jo

@Bari Jo
Wow, that is fantastic news....  is this an ongoing thing with the university offerering free voice clinics ... or is this going to be some special experimental type voice training???  Either way, the price is right for sure. 

How many sessions and/or how long is the clinic???

Please keep us updated.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Bari Jo

Hi Danielle, it's once a week for ten weeks. This is the first time this is offered, but I think it will be ongoing.  I'm so stoked for this.  My voice currently is awful.

Bari Jo

•  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 10, 2018, 08:35:15 PM
Hi Danielle, it's once a week for ten weeks. This is the first time this is offered, but I think it will be ongoing.  I'm so stoked for this.  My voice currently is awful.

Bari Jo

Voice is the first thing I'm doing in Atlanta for sure. Trans guys are so lucky in that regard. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

I'm having interesting times and interesting comings out.  I am now out to my two closest friends from high school.  I've been a bad friend over the decades.  I had been caccooning myself and hiding forever, completely ignoring my old life.  My old friends didn't care though.  They are coming to visit this fall.  One even said he views me as his little sister.  That made me cry.

Another happening is I met the mother of a trans girl.  For reasons unknown we hit it off and had in depth conversations about being trans, feelings, guilt, shame, and GD.  Her child ended up in suicide after puberty caused too much stress to take.  Speaking with her was therapeutic for me, and I hope she got as much out of it too.  I met this person on vacation, although we had a mutual friend we didn't know about the other.  It's weird the way the universe works.  My tagline below is from her child.  I find it beautiful.

Other than this, I'm using a new picture for my avatar.  I wear the hat near daily.  This has a bit more makeup than I usually wear, but this is me.  I'm slowly becoming the girl that I feel I am.

Bari Jo

•  

Bari Jo

So in this update I'm showing my current look with my neighbors.  I'm also shopping in this outfit tomorrow.  The hair is starting to grow in!  In two weeks I get it colored too.  Anyway, this is me, no alteration.  Let the critique begin...

Bari Jo

•  

LizK

Looking good Bari Jo!!!
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Rachel

You look good, happy.

What color are you going for your hair?
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Bari Jo

I'm happy, definitely.  I do like the look I have.  When the hair grows in, I will look like a lady that's my age, and I am okay with that.  However, the hidden extrovert in me is getting strawberry blonde color.  The colorist called it sparkling rose.  In two weeks I'll have it, I can't wait!  Maybe I'll look a bit younger:)

Bari Jo

•  

Laurie

Hi Bari Jo,

I know long time since you heard from me directly. I could claim I've been busy and wow I would be telling the truth. What with running all over the country, then the Astoria Pride festivities and then there's that girlfriend thing. Dang they take a lot of time and attention. I'm beginning to think life was simpler before though more depressing. But we will not go there okay?
  Your new look is progressing well Bari. I have been reading your updates when I can and think it is great the way you have been getting out and moving forward with transitioning in the various aspects of your life. You know the woman's pinball league, hair transplants, clothes etc. you are doing well Hun, you just keep it up. Give Fanta a petting and hug from me will ya?

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Thats a great photo Bari Jo!  I love the hippie chic look.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Allison S

Great pic Bari Jo, I don't see male in you at all.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Jayne01

Your looking good Bari Jo. Can't wait to see the new hair colour. Make sure you post a new picture after you have it done.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •