Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgirlamg

Onward we go brave Jessica Rose!

Hugs!!!

A 😀💗🙏🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Today was awesome with a dash of ugly.

As I was leaving work one of my best friends asked if I had a few minutes to talk. Although I really wanted to leave I also want to educate people, so I stayed. He asked several questions about my transition and some questions about HRT in general. I could tell he was genuinely interested, which made me happy.

After I left the building a car heading out of the parking lot stopped next to me. The lady driver rolled down her window and said 'Well Hello, beautiful!' I can safely say that no one has ever said that to me before. Then she asked if she could give me a hug, and I never say no to hugs! She got out of her car in the middle of the parking lot and gave me a nice long hug. She mentioned how much happier I looked, and then said that she was proud of me. She asked if I would be offended if she gave me some makeup. Free stuff? Sure! we talked for several more minutes, then we parted. The funny thing is that I have no idea who she was! Hopefully she will come by my desk tomorrow and I will find out her name.

Later my wife and I stopped by Kohl's on the way to her medical appointment. We found a few items and went to check out. It seems the cashiers are always pushing credit cards. Since my card has my dead name my wife was going to make the purchase.

Cashier: Do you have any coupons?
Wife: No.
Cashier: Does he have a Kohl's card?
Wife: ...She...
Me (slightly pissed): Yes
Cashier: Have you used it lately?
Me: That is none of your business!

That was the first time I had ever been misgendered, and it hurt. I walked away so I would not need to talk to the cashier any more. After I took my wife to her appointment I went back to the store to try to educate the cashier. She saw me enter the store and came straight over to me. Before I could say anything she began apologizing profusely. I showed her my driver's license and pointed out that it shows my gender as 'Female'. She then got down on both knees and continued apologizing (she later told me that she is Chinese, which explain the kneeling). I told her that I accepted her apology, then I explained my situation. We talked for about 15 minutes, with both of us smiling and hugging.

There was one detail that did not slip by me. When the cashier referred to me as 'he', my wife tried to correct the cashier by saying 'she'. That made me a happy lady. My wife came to my defense when I was misgendered! That seemingly small act by my wife far outweighed the pain of being misgendered.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jessica_Rose

One of my hobbies is photography. When my daughter played softball in high school I took photos of everyone during all of the games. She also played on a club team in the springtime for two years, and I took photos at those games as well. At the end of each season I make flash drives with all of the photos for every player. I liked the coaching staff of her club team so much that I continued taking photos at all of their games even after my daughter went off to college.

I was not sure what the coach would say when Jessica showed up at a game, and I did not want to be a distraction, so I met with him today to let him know that I had transitioned. It went very well. He was a bit surprised to see Jessica instead of John, but he got over that quickly and gave me a big hug. After I told him my story he said that I am part of their family, and if anyone is upset they can find a new team! He is going to set up a mid-week practice soon so I can re-introduce myself to the players, parents, and other coaches.

One other nice thing happened today. For the first time since going full time, my wife held my arm while we were out in public. I thanked her for it. She is slowly getting used to the idea of having a wife instead of a husband. As difficult as it is to transition, I expect that what she is going through is just as difficult. I am giving her time, and letting her work through this at her own pace.
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

ToriJo

Thank you for posting these - I'm terrified of coming out at work, but for my own sake I need to press on and do it, so reading happy stories about it makes my day.

As for the misgendering, I get misgendered a lot and try not to take it personally when it isn't done with malice, but it hurts and so often I want to go home and just burn everything I wore.  It hurts when you think you're looking particularly good and someone misgenders me.  I tell my loved ones, "Yes, I hear every wrong pronoun, and they all sting.  But I *also* hear every time the right one is used."
  •  

Jessica_Rose

On Thursday my wife and I are going to visit my relatives (my parents, two older brothers, and my wife's sister). They live roughly a 1000 miles away and have no idea that I have transitioned. I plan to stay a week or so, depending on the reception we receive. My current plan depends on at least one relative for assistance. I will ask them to deliver this note to my parents and let us know the result.

Don't worry, I'm healthy. You know me to be a logical and thoughtful person who does not make rash decisions, so please keep an open mind. A year ago I had a difficult choice. It was difficult because it is something that most people have a hard time understanding -- it took me over 40 years to figure out. I was also afraid it may damage our relationship or cause you pain. Once I realized the torment this has been causing me has also been hurting the ones I love the most, the decision was clear. I told my wife in February 2017. Initially she struggled to understand, but we are seeing a therapist who has helped us work things out. We plan to stay together. We told our daughters the day after Christmas, both are accepting and supportive. We know you will have questions, and we want to help you understand. Please accept that there is nothing you or anyone else could have done to change this situation.

You did your best to raise me, and you did an amazing job. You gave me a sense of loyalty, duty, and honor which serves me well. I tried to be a good son and fulfill your expectations. I did my best not to embarrass you or bring shame upon our family. I have discovered something about myself that has changed my life for the better. I apologize for any pain or embarrassment this may cause, and I hope you will still accept me. All I ask is that you don't hold this against my wife and daughters.

You may remember some of the embarrassing things I did in my early teens. Sometimes you chalked it up to curiosity or experimentation, other times I was punished or was told that what I had done was not acceptable. The information which could have explained my behavior then was simply not available. For most of my life I knew I was different, but it was a feeling I couldn't easily describe. Starting in my early teens social and family pressure kept me from expressing who I am. Suppressing my feelings and emotions led to stress, confusion, frustration and anger that increased through the years. Although my life seemed normal from the outside, there was darkness hiding just beneath the surface. There were times long ago which were so stressful the only thing that kept me alive was the thought of what would happen to my wife and daughters if I was gone. I am also saddened by the behavior that my family had to witness. I can't remember how many walls I patched or how many things I destroyed out of anger. You never saw this side of me, but my wife and daughters suffered through it for decades.

In December 2016 I found a site where people shared their life stories. I was fascinated because I saw myself in many of them -- the curiosity and experimentation, the pressure to conform, the growing frustration and anger. As I read the journeys I had an epiphany -- I suddenly realized I had found the source of my darkness. I cried for the first time in years. They were not tears of sadness, sorrow or shame, they were tears of happiness, joy, and relief. I finally understood. I had discovered the truth that I had been hiding from everyone, including myself. I have been living my life under a set of rules that were not designed for me. I have discussed this with a doctor and a therapist and they both agree -- I have gender dysphoria. I am, and always have been, transgender.

I had a choice between growing angrier and more miserable every year, or allowing myself to find peace by letting the person I have always been come out of the darkness. It was a simple, yet terrifying choice. By choosing this path I knew I could lose everyone I hold most dear -- my wife, my daughters, my family, and my friends. Try to imagine how much pain someone must be experiencing to make this choice knowing what could be lost. I began therapy in March 2017. Since then my cloud of darkness has vanished, along with my constant anger. I know in my heart that I have finally found my path to peace and happiness. I will hide no more. I have already said 'goodbye' to my former self, and 'hello' to a world where I am living openly as the woman I have always been. I spent over forty years of my life hiding the most beautiful part of myself because I was afraid of rejection, but now I have released my soul from the darkness and allowed her into the light, and she will never go into hiding again.

I hope you can find it in your heart to welcome me home. I am your daughter, Jessica Rose.

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

KathyLauren

Nice letter, Jessica.  I hope your visit goes well.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Just a quick update. So far I have come out to my oldest brother, his wife, a nephew, two nieces, my mom and my dad. It was awesome. All of them have accepted this change in my life. I just have one more brother to go.

Before my dad read the letter he said that no matter what I would always be his son. Apparently the sentiment was also true for his daughter! Both of my parents said it would take them a while to get used to my new name. I told them their acceptance was all I needed, and they could call me whatever they want. Now my dad is calling me by my initials, 'JR'. Frankly I was amazed at my dad's acceptance. Both of my parents are in their upper 80's, and this is way outside the box, but they genuinely seem to be good with it. My wife and I will be spending the rest of the week at my parents house, in my old bedroom. My wife also feels much better about my transition now.

If someone had told me a year ago that my coming out would have been accepted this well by my family I would have laughed at them. I feel like one of the luckiest people on Earth to have a family this accepting.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

steph2.0

Jessica Rose, reading that brought back so many memories from when I went through the same thing last August, with the same happy results. I'm crying tears of joy for you now. Congratulations.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I visited my second brother today. He was also accepting. I did not expect a 100% success rate with my relatives, but I'm was very happy to be wrong.

A side note... My wife needed a new pair of shoes. As we were checking out a mid-20's African-American looked at me, then he asked my wife 'Is she 6 foot?' I answered that I am 6ft 1in. Then he asked if I played basketball! I was just amazed to be properly gendered by a complete stranger who was not a store employee!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Coming out road trip, the rest of the story...

My wife and I drove down to NW Louisiana so I could tell my relatives about my transition in person, I had kept this a secret from all of them. The first person we visited was my youngest niece. She knew we were coming, but not why. She looked a bit surprised when she answered the door, but then her dog ran out of the house and she had to chase it down, which dampened the shock value quite a bit! She accepted me without question. We talked for a while, then we took her out to dinner. After we got back her Mom called, seems that she was coming over for a late visit! We decided to stay and tell her ahead of schedule.

When my sister-in-law saw me she said 'is this a joke?' I told her 'no, I have transitioned'. She said 'this will not go over well'. Although she gave me a hug and voiced her support, she was worried about my Dad's possible reaction. We talked for a few hours discussing coming out to the rest of her family and my parents. My SIL was reasonably sure her family would be fine, and my Mom would probably be OK, but we both had doubts about my Dad and second brother.

The next day I took my SIL and my older brother to dinner, he did not know my wife and I would be joining him. When he saw me I got no reaction at all, just a 'Hi'. I guess I should have expected that, to him even Mr. Spock shows way too much emotion. We discussed coming out to my parents, but my brother ignored the conversation. To give him credit, he is the only person who got my name right in every conversation. After dinner we went back to my brother's house and told the rest of his family, they were all accepting and supportive.

We planned to come out to my parents the next day, Sunday. My SIL and her family have lunch with my parents every Sunday. After lunch she texted me that everything was ready. I called my parents and told each of them not to worry, my family and I were in great health, but there had been a major change in my life that I needed to tell them about. I told them my SIL would give each of them a letter explaining the situation, and to call me if they wanted me to come to their house. My SIL told me later that both of my parents became very anxious and worried when she gave them the letters. After about 15 - 20 of the longest minutes of my life I received another text, my parents were waiting for us! Once we arrived there were hugs all around. The first thing my Dad said was 'I like your boots!'. We really did not discuss much about my transition. Although my parents are still struggling with my new name and gender, they have accepted me, which is all that matters right now. The rest will come with time. We checked out of the hotel that afternoon and spent the rest of the week at my parent's house.

An hour or two after coming out to my parents I decided it was time for my second brother, who has stage four colon cancer. He has good days and bad days, so I sent him a copy of the note I had sent out at work. Later that day my parents talked to him, and he said he was OK with it. My wife and I went to see him the next day. He said that he did not really understand, but if it made me happy then it was the right thing for me to do. Since he is basically house-bound I decided to do some shopping for him later that day. I went to his favorite store, Harbor Freight, and called him for his shopping list. My parents do his grocery shopping, but he does a lot of ham radio work and most of the hardware he uses comes from Harbor Freight. I delivered the items to his house that afternoon and told him 'Happy Birthday'. Although his birthday is next month I knew he would not mind an early gift.

I was apprehensive about the trip, but all of my concerns seem to have been unfounded. I certainly would not have placed a bet on the outcome, and I was truly surprised that everyone in my family accepted my transition. It was another weight lifted off of my shoulders.

One other surprise was that I was not misgendered by non-family members during the entire week. We went shopping almost every day and even caught a performance of 'Riverdance'. Everything just seemed normal. I could never have envisioned this outcome when I started my journey a year ago, sometimes it feels like I am in a dream... a very happy dream.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Bari Jo

That's wonderful Jessica.  You are so lucky having all this support.  It's also a beacon of light to show the rest of us it cab be done.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on March 10, 2018, 07:33:48 AM
Coming out road trip, the rest of the story...

My wife and I drove down to NW Louisiana so I could tell my relatives about my transition in person, I had kept this a secret from all of them. The first person we visited was my youngest niece. She knew we were coming, but not why. She looked a bit surprised when she answered the door, but then her dog ran out of the house and she had to chase it down, which dampened the shock value quite a bit! She accepted me without question. We talked for a while, then we took her out to dinner. After we got back her Mom called, seems that she was coming over for a late visit! We decided to stay and tell her ahead of schedule.

When my sister-in-law saw me she said 'is this a joke?' I told her 'no, I have transitioned'. She said 'this will not go over well'. Although she gave me a hug and voiced her support, she was worried about my Dad's possible reaction. We talked for a few hours discussing coming out to the rest of her family and my parents. My SIL was reasonably sure her family would be fine, and my Mom would probably be OK, but we both had doubts about my Dad and second brother.

The next day I took my SIL and my older brother to dinner, he did not know my wife and I would be joining him. When he saw me I got no reaction at all, just a 'Hi'. I guess I should have expected that, to him even Mr. Spock shows way too much emotion. We discussed coming out to my parents, but my brother ignored the conversation. To give him credit, he is the only person who got my name right in every conversation. After dinner we went back to my brother's house and told the rest of his family, they were all accepting and supportive.

We planned to come out to my parents the next day, Sunday. My SIL and her family have lunch with my parents every Sunday. After lunch she texted me that everything was ready. I called my parents and told each of them not to worry, my family and I were in great health, but there had been a major change in my life that I needed to tell them about. I told them my SIL would give each of them a letter explaining the situation, and to call me if they wanted me to come to their house. My SIL told me later that both of my parents became very anxious and worried when she gave them the letters. After about 15 - 20 of the longest minutes of my life I received another text, my parents were waiting for us! Once we arrived there were hugs all around. The first thing my Dad said was 'I like your boots!'. We really did not discuss much about my transition. Although my parents are still struggling with my new name and gender, they have accepted me, which is all that matters right now. The rest will come with time. We checked out of the hotel that afternoon and spent the rest of the week at my parent's house.

An hour or two after coming out to my parents I decided it was time for my second brother, who has stage four colon cancer. He has good days and bad days, so I sent him a copy of the note I had sent out at work. Later that day my parents talked to him, and he said he was OK with it. My wife and I went to see him the next day. He said that he did not really understand, but if it made me happy then it was the right thing for me to do. Since he is basically house-bound I decided to do some shopping for him later that day. I went to his favorite store, Harbor Freight, and called him for his shopping list. My parents do his grocery shopping, but he does a lot of ham radio work and most of the hardware he uses comes from Harbor Freight. I delivered the items to his house that afternoon and told him 'Happy Birthday'. Although his birthday is next month I knew he would not mind an early gift.

I was apprehensive about the trip, but all of my concerns seem to have been unfounded. I certainly would not have placed a bet on the outcome, and I was truly surprised that everyone in my family accepted my transition. It was another weight lifted off of my shoulders.

One other surprise was that I was not misgendered by non-family members during the entire week. We went shopping almost every day and even caught a performance of 'Riverdance'. Everything just seemed normal. I could never have envisioned this outcome when I started my journey a year ago, sometimes it feels like I am in a dream... a very happy dream.

At my very first therapist appointment, she told me to take my level of anxiety over how people would accept me, on a scale of 1 to 10, and dial it back by 4. If your family loves you they just want you to be happy. And the rest of the world is starting to get it. You're enjoying the benefits of all that. Congratulations!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Shy

Good for you girl, this is the big stuff that we all fear but you handled it with such a positive energy and a sensitivity
that was lovely to read in your letters. Thanks for sharing.
My folks are also in their eighties struggling with name change and pronouns, but like you I've put no pressure on them.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Back on 22 Feb (post #121) I mentioned a lady who gave me a hug in the parking lot and left after promising some makeup. Unfortunately I did not know her name. Well she did not know my name either! She finally found me on 1 March. She told me she had spent about three days trying to find me, and I am very happy that she did not give up.

We had indeed never met before, she had seen me around work prior to my transition and had noticed that I did not seem to be a happy person. She noted how happy I am now, and she was delighted to see the change. We went to an empty conference room and talked for about an hour. I don't think I have ever met someone with such a positive outlook on life, it was infectious. After so many years of anger I did not realize that people like her existed.

She did bring me makeup, probably about 10 - 15 pounds of it! She used to be a makeup artist and blogged about makeup, so she has closets full of it and was happy to bring me some. She also offered to give me makeup lessons if I ever wanted any.

It is always great to meet new friends who add joy to your life, especially those who love to hug!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

While I was in Louisiana the Federal Background Investigation request that I mailed in on 16 Nov 2017 finally came back, it only took them 16 weeks! I highly recommend using an 'FBI Channeler' for this if there is one near you. The one I used delivered the official paper copy to me five days after I saw them.

Name changes are probably the most technically difficult part of transitioning. Every few days a small step forward takes place. My medical and dental insurance cards finally have my new name on them. Encountering my dead name is painful, but it serves as an incentive to get things changed over as soon as possible.

My younger daughter is home from college for Spring Break. She knew I had transitioned, but she had never met Jessica. She has told a few of her friends about me, and she said one person (a young FTM I had met years ago before he began transitioning) even guessed what she was going to tell them! We have not discussed anything transition-related, but everything just feels right.

Sometimes I still cannot believe what I have done. It has been less than a year since I started HRT as a lost and confused soul, and now I have socially transitioned. None of the things I was worried about have happened. I still have some work to do -- I need more electrolysis, and I am strongly leaning towards GCS sometime in the near future. Sometimes I feel like a spy wearing a disguise, but that feeling is slowly fading. Things are beginning to feel normal again.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

My younger daughter is home for Spring Break. She started dating someone new a few weeks ago. Today she mentioned that she needs to tell her new boyfriend about me, because if he does not accept me then is no reason to keep dating him! She is an awesome daughter.

My primary hobby is photography. This will be my fourth year taking game photos of 'my' team at girls fastpitch softball tournaments, but I do occasionally take photos of other teams if I like the coach or know some of their players. I did not want to be a potential distraction during their first few games so I re-introduced myself to my team a few days ago, with one of the players saying 'I am so happy for you' then giving me a big hug. Tomorrow is their first tournament. Several teams I have photographed in past seasons will be there, but only 'my' team knows I have transitioned. This will be like a second coming-out. In some ways I am a bit frightened about being in front of so many people I know who are unaware of my transition, but I also look forward to seeing their reactions. Hopefully I will be able to have some fun with it!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

The softball games went well. Everyone was friendly and I got hugs from a few coaches, players, and parents. During the games two people I have known for a few years came over and asked quite a few sincere questions. The most fun I had was when I found a mom who did not know. I was talking to one of the coaches and he said my name, then she seemed a bit perplexed. I told her that was my new name, I had transitioned. She said 'no way!', so I showed her my driver's license. She was quiet for a few seconds then said 'Well I guess it won't affect the photos you take, so it doesn't matter to me.' I was a little upset that she did not realize that I had transitioned, but it was cold and windy that day and I was wearing several layers of clothing, so I'll place the blame there. Overall it was a good day.

I had my 12 month HRT checkup a few days ago. Since the last checkup my estradiol level is basically unchanged at 65. After adding a bit more spiro my free testosterone levels have dropped from 2.0pg/mL to 1.7pg/mL and total T went from 114ng/dL down to under 3ng/dl.

Estradiol       Free T        Total T
4 Month       52pg/mL   8.0pg/mL    608ng/dL
8 Month       65pg/mL   2.0pg/mL    114ng/dL
12 Month       64pg/mL   1.7pg/mL     <3ng/dL

My doctor mentioned the possibility of using two estradiol patches at once, and when I told her I was interested in seeing what effect that would have she said that she would send it in!

Per my doctor's recommendation I have gained some weight and am now at 162lbs. My height has not changed, I am still 6ft 1in. I'm now a solid 36A, but I am hoping the extra estradiol will help that along. My waist is unchanged from my 8-month check at 29 inches. My hips have increased about a half-inch.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I realized that I had not posted here in a while, so I thought I should take a little time to tend to my garden...

My one year HRT anniversary was last week. I posted about it here:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,235763.msg2113776.html#msg2113776

Everything has been going very well. My wife finally appears to be coming to terms with this change, and we are starting to have fun together again. Things are not perfect, but life rarely is. Our life together will never be exactly what it was, but I believe in many ways that it will be better than it could have been before I started this journey. We are still seeing a therapist, and hopefully she will be able to help my wife fully accept and understand why I felt this was the only decision I could make.

We had another softball tournament last week, and I got some great photos. I have not had any issues at either of the tournaments so far, and everyone I have met has been awesome. At the end of the last tournament a coach from another team asked me about the camera I was using (Canon 1DXII with a Canon 100-400L II lens). We continued talking about cameras as we walked out to the parking lot. As we parted he introduced himself, I paused before I introduced myself because I was trying to remember my name! I thought that was funny and a bit weird at the same time.

We had a contractor visit to provide a quote on central air conditioning, most of the houses in our neighborhood were built with only central heat. I could tell my wife felt a bit awkward when she introduced me as her wife. The contractor's visit went well, and he was courteous to both of us during the hour or so he was in our home.

Today my wife made an awesome Easter Sunday meal. One of the things she made for dessert was ambrosia, my wife said she used my mom's recipe. I don't know if it was the extra estradiol patch talking, but the first bite of the ambrosia brought tears to my eyes. It was awesome! Food has never triggered an emotional response from me before. My wife asked if I was OK, so I gave her a hug and explained it to her. She smiled.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Hi Jessica,

It was nice to read your update. It was good to read that your wife is doing better with your transition. Oh yeah I can see it isn't where you would want it to be. But Hun you take the wins as they come and it sounds like a win is happening to me. Keep giving her time to work it out. All may not be lost like you were thinking not that long ago. There is hope in there now Jessica. Look what a little glimmer of hope has done for me recently. Hope can blossom in ways we do not expect.

Hugs,
  Laurie

PS your turn for some Laurie is getting closer. Better clean off the top of the fridge.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica_Rose

Awesome! Several weeks ago I warned my wife that you may be dropping by, and she has been asking about you. I gave her an update last night and now she is in full 'Laurie Alert' mode. As Tom Bodett said, "We'll leave a light on for you", and we are already stocked up on chocolate. You are welcome to stay as long as you like.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •