Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelsea

Quote from: Jessica on February 27, 2018, 09:38:58 PM
Chelsea, sorry about your mother, I hope she is feeling better!
I am happy that you are moving down the list of people, soon that list will end and you can just be you.

Thank you Jessica.  Mom is better now recovering at home. They put her on lipator for her cholesterol and
a aspirin a day.  I think she will be fine.

Quote from: Laurie on February 27, 2018, 09:46:34 PM
Chelsea girl you are on the moooove! Coming out to friends and family can be so stressful and sometimes they don't go well so it is great when they do. As one that hasn't had that much good luck with it, I can tell you it can really hut. There are many though that have had almost all their comings out in the good category. I hope all of yours are goo hun.

Hugs,
   Laurie

There are two people that I don't think I can tell. My brother just found out he has lung cancer and is going through
a lot of treatments. Also he would never understand because he's "old school" in things like this. I know because I have been around him for almost 40 years. He would never talk to me again. The other is my mother is 82 and just had a mini stroke. I absolutely will not put any stress on her whatsoever. I want to keep her here as long as I can you know. :)

Quote from: JulieAllana on February 27, 2018, 09:48:56 PM
Keep it up girl, next you'll be out on Facebook to the world!!  ;)

Julie

I think the better idea would be to start Chelsea a new Facebook. I own a small company and have
about 1600 customers(online) and unfortunately most of them are friends with me on Facebook. I don't know these people
personally and will never see them but, If they found out that I am transgender I know that my sales would
drop. It's just the way society is. My sales are whats paying for this entire transition and I do not have insurance at all. :(

Big Hugs,
              Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello Chelsea

Nice to see you are progressing well on 3 fronts: coming out, therapy and hormones soon.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Pamela

•  

BrianaJ

QuoteI think the better idea would be to start Chelsea a new Facebook. I own a small company and have
about 1600 customers(online) and unfortunately most of them are friends with me on Facebook. I don't know these people personally and will never see them but, If they found out that I am transgender I know that my sales would
drop. It's just the way society is.

Hi Chelsea,  I can certainly identify with this.  Definitely do a separate FB account if you really want one.  As a professional and with a small business on the side, I went through this.  It's sometimes disheartening when people you know and that have taken care of or have done business with, suddenly turn when they "find out".     
~~Be kind~~
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: pamelatransuk on March 01, 2018, 07:14:15 AM
Hello Chelsea

Nice to see you are progressing well on 3 fronts: coming out, therapy and hormones soon.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Pamela

Thank you Pamela. :)

Quote from: BrianaJ on March 01, 2018, 08:31:20 AM
Hi Chelsea,  I can certainly identify with this.  Definitely do a separate FB account if you really want one.  As a professional and with a small business on the side, I went through this.  It's sometimes disheartening when people you know and that have taken care of or have done business with, suddenly turn when they "find out".   

Thank you Briana. It's a risk I really want to avoid. If that did happen I would have to find work elsewhere and in the
middle of a transition would be almost impossible. Maybe the world will be trans friendly one day. :)

Hugs,
        Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Hi everyone.

Not much going on at the moment except waiting two more days for my appointment.
I did have something weird happen a couple of nights ago I wanted to share. I set up a Tumblr and Instagram
for Me mainly because I never used them before as a guy and wanted to see what they were like. I posted
one or two pictures on there. (nothing lewd) Last night I had a message on my phone from some
random guy on Tumblr telling me what he wanted to do to my body..... Really? I hope this is not a sign of
whats to come. I'm not going to lie, It did make me feel good that someone liked me but that was a little
much. I am not a rube person so I just messaged back "No thanks, I'm good."  lol
I guess its all part of the transition but I never in a million years was expecting something like
that to happen to me.

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Well today is a red letter calendar day for me! Got my meds today.
My doctor said my blood test will be back in 2 days but she started me on a low dose to begin with.
I am curious about my blood work after taking herbs for all that time.
No turning back now.  :) I guess my adventure finally starts today.
Happy birthday to me.

Hugs,
        Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

JulieAllana

Congratz!!  You'll have to keep us informed with up to the minute updates!

Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Donna

Congrats Chelsea. You are going to love the feeling with the meds. I did herbals originally and now on estrogen is wonderful. Oh and emotional.
Best wishes and move forward with your head high
It is a rebirth for sure.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

TonyaW

Only thing wrong with the picture is where the bottles came from.  [emoji16]

Just kidding (sorta; I work for a  CVS owned company)

Congratulations Chelsea. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Chelsea

Well I have made it through my first week of HRT smoothy. Only thing I have to report is that I have been a lot
happier sense starting them. I think that is just me though and not necessarily the medicine.

My doctor put me on Finasteride to help with the little hair loss I do have. I also am using Minoxidil. Does anyone
have any experience with these? My doctor told me that some of my hair would come back but probably not all, but
the more that does grow back will help on the cost of a hair transplant.

Only other thing I have done is sent the email to setup my first voice therapy lesson.
I have done a few of the videos on YouTube but have no idea if I am doing them correctly.
This way I will know that I am doing the lessons correct or not. She told me that most MTF
that she has trained takes about 8 to 15 lessons to complete. The app on my phone told me
my voice is 122hz and doesn't sound all that low to me. I'm hoping that the therapy helps. :)

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

EvaT

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on March 13, 2018, 04:16:52 PM
Well I have made it through my first week of HRT smoothy. Only thing I have to report is that I have been a lot
happier sense starting them. I think that is just me though and not necessarily the medicine.

My doctor put me on Finasteride to help with the little hair loss I do have. I also am using Minoxidil. Does anyone
have any experience with these? My doctor told me that some of my hair would come back but probably not all, but
the more that does grow back will help on the cost of a hair transplant.

Only other thing I have done is sent the email to setup my first voice therapy lesson.
I have done a few of the videos on YouTube but have no idea if I am doing them correctly.
This way I will know that I am doing the lessons correct or not. She told me that most MTF
that she has trained takes about 8 to 15 lessons to complete. The app on my phone told me
my voice is 122hz and doesn't sound all that low to me. I'm hoping that the therapy helps. :)

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Let us know how it goes! Voice training is one of the things that has me worried the most. Since I can't really practice unless I'm in my car
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: EvaT on March 15, 2018, 07:48:55 PM
Let us know how it goes! Voice training is one of the things that has me worried the most. Since I can't really practice unless I'm in my car

I have been worried about making a idiot out of myself while training. I just know i'm gonna sound terrible.
Hey, I know all about practice in the car because I sing to the steering wheel all the time. :)
I will post a update but, I am still waiting on the appointment email. Its like time slowed down when I started this
transition.  :laugh:

Hugs,
     Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

pamelatransuk

Chelsea

Glad to see you are feeling happy having recently started hormones. It gets better as the weeks pass by; my mood is so much better - much calmer and less agitation and aggression

I wish you every success with the voice training.

Later in the year I plan on both Electrolysis and Voice Training.

Pamela

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: pamelatransuk on March 16, 2018, 09:22:00 AM
Chelsea

Glad to see you are feeling happy having recently started hormones. It gets better as the weeks pass by; my mood is so much better - much calmer and less agitation and aggression

I wish you every success with the voice training.

Later in the year I plan on both Electrolysis and Voice Training.

Pamela

Thank you Pamela.  :)
I have noticed sense starting HRT that I don't seem to get "ticked off" as easy like before.

I plan on doing hair removal soon too, but haven't decided on electrolysis or laser. I was going to
wait and talk to a dermatologist first.

Hugs,
      Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

softbutchharley

I saw this post from February Chelsea.
Too funny girl !!! The mascara thing. I remember too well my times in the past when I forgot I had makeup on. Especially on Monday mornings when I would have to go back to work !!  LOL
TY for sharing, and no...I am not creeping on you here !!  Just kidding.
I believe I saw how I messed up on what you had posted and when or what had been posted to you.
Anyway...housework calls (I am the house mouse at our home) .
Have a great weekend dear !!
J
Those who deny freedom to others....Do not deserve it for themselves.  Abraham Lincoln
  •  

Chelsea

Small Update

I have my first voice therapy appointment set for this Monday the 26th. I am kind of nervous about going
and making a fool of myself. She is also going to help me with how to walk, talk, sit, whatever like a woman.
This is the part I am scared of because I have spent the last the last 30 or more years trying to act like a man.
Its going to be hard to change something I have done my entire life.

This is day 14 of starting HRT and it is amazing how soft my skin is now. That and my nips are "tingly" and hard enough to cut glass.  :laugh:
That's the only thing I have noticed so far. I want my increased dosage!   :) ;)

Hugs,
       Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Laurie

Hi Chelsea,

Voice lessons are kind of fun. Yes you do feel a little weird at first but you get over that quick. I know I'm late but congrats on the meds and being a bit calmer is something we hear a lot from the beginners. It is the pills. Go with it. So is feeling happier and that could just be because you are finally taking steps to let yourself become you. Just wait for the emotional trip it can be fun also if you like tears. LOL Good tears mostly.
  Hey girlfriend are you going to send me your address in an email or a PM or did you do it already? I just might look you up.
  Anyway Hun sit back and enjoy the ride.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sonja

Hi Chelsea,

I'm really excited for you, I know you said you're nervous but hopefully you can turn that into excitement!!
Its great that you will be doing speech therapy and posturing etc, what a great way to do it!

Keep posting - its really awesome seeing a flower blossom!

Sonja.
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Laurie on March 21, 2018, 12:03:48 AM
Hi Chelsea,

Voice lessons are kind of fun. Yes you do feel a little weird at first but you get over that quick. I know I'm late but congrats on the meds and being a bit calmer is something we hear a lot from the beginners. It is the pills. Go with it. So is feeling happier and that could just be because you are finally taking steps to let yourself become you. Just wait for the emotional trip it can be fun also if you like tears. LOL Good tears mostly.
  Hey girlfriend are you going to send me your address in an email or a PM or did you do it already? I just might look you up.
  Anyway Hun sit back and enjoy the ride.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Thank you Laurie! I will send you a PM later tonight. :)

Quote from: Sonja on March 21, 2018, 12:15:55 AM
Hi Chelsea,

I'm really excited for you, I know you said you're nervous but hopefully you can turn that into excitement!!
Its great that you will be doing speech therapy and posturing etc, what a great way to do it!

Keep posting - its really awesome seeing a flower blossom!

Sonja.

Thank you Sonja!

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

I finally found the FaceApp last night thanks to Cassi. I threw on some makeup and my girlfriends beach hat being silly and was amazed of how it made me look. I think it was the Hollywood makeup but I'm not sure. I am going to try to do the makeup like the app did, just to see what it looks like on me. Now if I could just click save and it change my face! Maybe one of these days after a few years and surgeries.

Hugs,
      Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•