Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hello, all.

Started by Idaliaylix, February 26, 2018, 03:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idaliaylix

Just checking in, thought I'd introduce myself.  :)  I'm a 24-year-old lesbian woman of transsexual experience.  I've been living as myself and in medical treatment for just over five years.  Surgery-wise, I'm non-op when it comes to genitalia, but I'd definitely like to pursue FFS if, hypothetically, I could ever afford it (which certainly won't be happening anytime soon, if ever, so it's kinda moot).  In a nutshell, I just conceptualize myself and prefer to be perceived as just another woman; I don't directly identify as "trans" as anything more than a medical descriptor of sorts.  I suppose the concept of "stealth" applies to me in a sense, as I only disclose my status when absolutely pertinent/necessary (so, just to medical providers and other such people more-or-less).

I'm also a writer, and my main passion is literature.  Some other miscellaneous things about me of note: I unfortunately live with several fairly debilitating psychological/psychiatric disabilities, I'm a very childlike woman in many ways (womanchild? though that sounds very disparaging), have a distinctly childlike side to my personality, various quirky intellectual interests, and am highly opinionated and hold what seem like rather idiosyncratic views regarding gender, sexuality, etc., influenced by my own narrative around those topics.  I'd essentially describe myself as a "cultural/difference feminist" of a certain stripe as far as that stuff goes.

I'm an extremely reclusive (at this time, at least) and introverted girl with an intense personality.  Femininity as I conceptualize it is a cornerstone of my personal identity, and I strive for elegance, dignity and greater modesty and grace in my interactions and manifestations.  I'm highly emotionally sensitive,  On the sillier side, I can be loquacious (to put it kindly, haha) and I'm too fond of adverbs!

I've been extremely alienated in general (which sadly kind of comes with the territory of struggling with mental illness), and especially from trans communities and such for the past few years.  I'm deciding to reach out and reconnect a bit more now mainly because, honestly, I've realized that I've developed a really unhealthy relationship to this aspect of myself because of everything I've internalized.  This nasty public backlash against us that has been unfolding recently with increased visibility is concerning and frightening and has left me anxiously rattled--I feel more unsafe now with this than I did a decade ago, believe it or not.  It's extremely isolating and lonely, I feel, to be both transsexual and lesbian, especially since I'm not overtly visible as either (I hope, and believe) and keep disclosures discreet.  So it'd be nice to chat with other women who get it.   :'(  I hope that might help me feel better; at present I'm relatively jaded and self-loathing about trans-related matters.

I also have quite a bit of HRT-related knowledge that I like to share with other women whenever helpful.  I've had to learn a number of things the hard way with respect to that, have kind of been put through the ringer, and am still learning how to best manage it.  I try to keep abreast (pun fully intended!  ;) ) of medical developments in that area to a certain extent.

Anyway, nice to make your acquaintance!  curtsies shyly
"...what I seem to be is the monkey wrench in the machinery of everyone's sexual politics...it gets awfully frustrating at times.  What I really am is a paradox in that "transsexual" just doesn't fit into my identity, who I am to myself.  In other words, what I've been through is terribly interesting, but I have no interest in using it to say who I am."

"The transsexual experience, while a major survival issue, is not the central identity-defining factor in our lives, even though it is seen as what makes us different from other people. Despite its magnitude and intensity, it is, in the long run, merely a preliminary step to getting on with our lives."

--Beth Elliott, Mirrors, Portrait of a Lesbian Transsexual

•  

V M

Hi Idaliaylix :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jessica

Hi Idaliaylix 🙋‍♀️ I'm Jessica, a transgender woman here.  Welcome to Susan's Place.  We are a nonjudgmental group that all have their own personal story that has gotten them here.  Sharing ideas, information and friendship is a goal for many of us.  I would love to see you blossom into a confident member that will enjoy this site as much as I do!  Join in a topic you find interesting and give your insights.  You could learn something new while helping others.

Smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

JulieAllana

Welcome welcome, we are all sorts here..a wide variety of gals and some guys who are eager to chime in with their thoughts and experiences and just be generally supportive.  I have been here for about a month and a half and have not seen any sort of negativity.  I hope you like it here and look forward to getting to know you ;)

Hugs,
          Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•