Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jelly Bean Counting Contest

Started by Tracey, March 23, 2018, 04:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: Dena on March 30, 2018, 10:01:05 PM
As I am a little afraid of getting stuck with a bunch of Jelly Beans that I don't really care for, I am going to give everybody a little help coming closer to the correct number.

I counted 12 to 13 beans across the face of the jar. If you cube 12, you get 1728. If you look at the corners you will see they are rounded so instead of using 12.5 or 13, I used 12 and rounded down giving my 1700 number.                                       
November Fox had a good start and then made a mistake. With 157 across the face, the square root of 157 is is about 12.53, cubing that gives 1967.
Now this is an approach I didn't think of however it's useful information. Look at the following.
7 bags = 1750
8 bags = 2000
9 bags = 2250
Given the above information, 1750 or 2000 are likely numbers but remember the contents of a bag is an approximation so a little higher or a little lower are equally likely possibilities.

Let the guessing resume.

I like all the maths, but I said they were Starburst jelly beans, and Google will tell you that the bags come in a wide variety of sizes...

Here's a stable number: it IS a gallon of jelly beans.  :laugh:

If the winner balks at taking the beans, I'll foist them off on the candy stripers at the local hospital. You don't want that on your conscience!  :laugh:
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 30, 2018, 10:15:04 PM
If the winner balks at taking the beans, I'll foist them off on the candy stripers at the local hospital. You don't want that on your conscience!  :laugh:
The Candy Stripers will have to suffer. One easter morning we awoke to discover my sister had devoured the entire contents of her easter basket. This was no small feat because there must have been close to 2 pounds of candy in each basket. As the oldest, my mom asked me to share the contents of my basket with my sister so she would have something for the next few days. She could have had all my jelly beans and I wouldn't have cared but my mom also divided the chocolate, something I am still considering is if I will forgive her. Fortunately I got to keep the giant hollow easter bunny and only the chocolate covered candy was divided.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

I'm not a bean counter but I do know for certain that there are as many jelly beans as will fill a one gallon square glass jug - That's how many beans there are
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Donna

December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Devlyn

We're getting close to the deadline, and Dena made a ton of guesses, so she's looking strong here.  ;D  :laugh:
  •  

Dena

I didn't make a ton of guesses. My first guess of 1700 still stands but I made suggestions for others to use. Remember there is a one guess per post restriction and because 1700 is contained in each post where I work with numbers, I have only made one guess.

Please, Please, I don't want a pile of Jelly beans.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Guess I may, guess I might, but then again, probably not  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Devlyn

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Thank you to everyone who participated! We have a winner!

The actual number of jelly beans was 2,469. The closest guess was 2,437 by Cassi, only off by 22.  :)

Congratulations, kid! Let me know what you want to do with the beans and jar.

Hugs, Devlyn

•  

Megan.

Woop! Gz Cassi! Don't eat 'em all at once [emoji4]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

Cassi

OMG - Oh My Gellybeans!!!!!

Please share them with those in your area and thank you.  Wow, only 22 off.  I think Ashley said something about my psychic ability perking on HRT, now I believe it.

So, I'll begin giving fortunes in the future - accept chocolate as payment only :)

Thanks!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Donna

Way to go cassi. Told you you were too sweet. Lol
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Cassi on April 02, 2018, 02:03:46 PM
OMG - Oh My Gellybeans!!!!!

Please share them with those in your area and thank you.  Wow, only 22 off.  I think Ashley said something about my psychic ability perking on HRT, now I believe it.

So, I'll begin giving fortunes in the future - accept chocolate as payment only :)

Thanks!

Okay, and I know just where to start sharing.  ;D

I love it when a plan comes together!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Donna

Too funny but your going to get a tummy ache.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Donna on April 02, 2018, 05:42:30 PM
Too funny but your going to get a tummy ache.

I'm like a hummingbird. I run on sugar.  :)
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 02, 2018, 05:39:06 PM
Okay, and I know just where to start sharing.  ;D

I love it when a plan comes together!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

WELL!!!!  Just don't eat them all otherwise you'll lose your girlish figure and BTW, I didn't see that coming :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •