Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Somes question for canadians transgender.

Started by Cassie., March 19, 2018, 07:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassie.

Hello everyone :).
I am trying to find some response to my questions and hope that someone of you could help me.

First, right now i am living in montreal,Quebec.
I am starting hormones the 3 april with a prescription but, i am planning to move definitly on the west coast this summer. i hesite between calgary or vancouver.

I would like to know if someone got an idea how i could continu my transition over there ? i know that my doctor will have to ajust dose and do blood test but, i dont want to take a plane ticket everytime lol.
I really dont want to redo the whole process ( psy ect).
So, anyone got an idea what i should do? i really have to move this summer.

Someone know how the public healthcare work in those two province? What is the price you pay for your hormones? (alberta and BC).

Thanks alot. i really want to, accomplish this dream also if my english isnt perfect yet :P.
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Cassie!

Welcome to Susan's.

I don't know what the transition process is like in Alberta and BC.  Though I have lived in both provinces in the past, I was already in Nova Scotia before I started my transition.

In both AB and BC, health care is not totally tax-funded, so you have to pay premiums for coverage.  I don't know if there is a waiting period before the coverage kicks in.  It shouldn't be hard to research them online.

Because health care is provincial, you cannot keep the same Quebec doctor if you live in Alberta or BC.  They just won't pay for that.  So you will need a new doctor in whatever place you move to.  It should just be a matter of getting your new doctor to request your records from your old doctor.  If your referral letters were written by registered practitioners, they should still be accepted in your new province.

I would suggest getting enough medication before your move to last until you get settled in and can see a new doctor.  Your new doctor may just continue with the same prescription, or they may adjust it based on their experience and judgement.  They are not likely to make you start over again from the beginning unless your letters were from unregistered practitioners.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •