Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Weapons, shooting, guns.

Started by Tracey, March 22, 2018, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

Quote from: Mountain Warfare Girl on April 03, 2018, 03:11:05 PM
Where did you find this hogwash ? Do you know every nation on that list Uses the 5.56 nato (same round the M16 uses) as their military rifle cartridge?????? And some of them use the 5.45x39 that is more powerful and has better terminal ballistics the. The 5.56 do to the air gap in the top of the projectile

I tend to cite the references whenever they are available. Please read again my post to check the source.
Again, the Reference #131 at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

W. Hays Parks International Legal Initiatives to Restrict Military Small Arms Ammunition (2010) International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) pp. 1–18: Those who consider the M16 inhumane include; the International Committee of the Red Cross, Austria, Argentina, Belgium, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cyprus, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Mexico, Romania, Samoa, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, etc.

Cheers,

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: barbie on April 14, 2018, 03:02:24 PM
I tend to cite the references whenever they are available. Please read again my post to check the source.
Again, the Reference #131 at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

W. Hays Parks International Legal Initiatives to Restrict Military Small Arms Ammunition (2010) International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) pp. 1–18: Those who consider the M16 inhumane include; the International Committee of the Red Cross, Austria, Argentina, Belgium, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cyprus, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Mexico, Romania, Samoa, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, etc.

The thing is, many of these countries listed use rifles which fire the same round (5.56x45) as the M4/M16.  Ireland for instance uses the Steyr AUG in 5.56, Belgium uses the FN SCAR-L in 5.56 but Cambodia, which is on that list, does use the M16.  I don't understand why a country would consider a weapon inhumane but use another weapon firing the same bullet.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_rifle
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

Deborah

Calling a rifle bullet inhumane is amusing considering all the other "humane" ways we have devised to eviscerate people in war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

V M

Kinda like discussing the most humane way of killing chickens for dinner  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Deborah on April 14, 2018, 05:02:07 PM
Calling a rifle bullet inhumane is amusing considering all the other "humane" ways we have devised to eviscerate people in war.

Yes. It sounds oxymoron.

I remember that, for my Ph.D. thesis, I had to submit the animal protocol by which I euthanize billions of anchovy larvae which are anyway killed while being sampled in the plankton net . It was rejected initially but finally approved after several modifications. Technically anchovy is vertebrate, requiring an euthanasia procedure.

It will be rational that human killing would require stricter standards. Yes. The ideal and the real never coincide.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Kylo

Picked up a nice 1950s HP in great condition.

Finish is much better than the light picked up in the photo. Prefer the old vintage design in aesthetics than some of the newer ones. Very sad they stopped making these recently though. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Devlyn

I had my trap out in the yard, I  picked up a skunk (released), two woodchucks (dispatched), and  an opossum (released).
  •  

Deborah

You let supper go free!

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Kylo on June 21, 2018, 04:08:25 PM
Picked up a nice 1950s HP in great condition.

Finish is much better than the light picked up in the photo. Prefer the old vintage design in aesthetics than some of the newer ones. Very sad they stopped making these recently though.

Nice piece, I like the lines.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Deborah on June 21, 2018, 04:42:57 PM
You let supper go free!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's a trade off. They eat ticks, and that's a Get Out of Jail Free Card around here.  :laugh:
  •  

I Am Jess

Hot chicks.  Cool guns....

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Devlyn

You had flowers right there and didn't stick them in the barrels?  :laugh:
  •  

kaitylynn

I love shooting!  My oldest daughter and I used to shoot competitively and I built this Kimber to compete with.

She shoots a G19.

Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

tgirlamg

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

amandam

Quote from: I Am Jess on June 21, 2018, 07:33:05 PM
Hot chicks.  Cool guns....

You get two points on the hotness scale for being chicks with guns.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Cindi Lane

I enjoy firearms. I'm plinker first and paper puncher second. Did a couple of years of Cowboy Action shooting (20 years ago), I don't know if the local Club would accept me or not since transition (I was physically larger than most of the male competitors back then) and finding feminine late 1800's clothing in my size will be very difficult. I still have and enjoy my single action revolvers as well as my lever action rifle and side by side shotgun.

Overall I still get more grins per hour with the .22 and .17 rimfire guns than the larger calibers. I do have a soft spot for my .357 Maximum single shot TC pistol.

I recently went overboard in re-starting my airgun hobby. The one's I have now are charged up using a SCUBA Tank, typically referred to as a PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic) air guns.

I have one that is a .357 and can achieve 200 fpe (foot pounds of energy) using a 145 gn Nosler Ballistic Tip, it is a beast!

The .177 and .22  airguns are more fun and economical to shoot (not cheap to purchase), costing 1.5 cents to 4 cents per pellet depending on the quality and caliber of the pellet. Pellet velocities are around 900 fps (feet per second) and are reasonably quite as they are subsonic and most of them have sound moderation.

I do believe in ownership responsibility and have my firearms in a safe and my airguns in a locked metal cabinet.

A local group rents a shooting range so they can have a Heels and Handguns event (sometimes it's miniskirts and maximum noise  ;)  )
  •  

SarahM777

Me and guns, not a good mix. (I have a hard time seeing the broad side of barn much less hitting it)  :P
Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Cindi Lane on June 25, 2018, 04:20:57 PM
I enjoy firearms. I'm plinker first and paper puncher second. Did a couple of years of Cowboy Action shooting (20 years ago), I don't know if the local Club would accept me or not since transition (I was physically larger than most of the male competitors back then) and finding feminine late 1800's clothing in my size will be very difficult. I still have and enjoy my single action revolvers as well as my lever action rifle and side by side shotgun.

Overall I still get more grins per hour with the .22 and .17 rimfire guns than the larger calibers. I do have a soft spot for my .357 Maximum single shot TC pistol.

I recently went overboard in re-starting my airgun hobby. The one's I have now are charged up using a SCUBA Tank, typically referred to as a PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic) air guns.

I have one that is a .357 and can achieve 200 fpe (foot pounds of energy) using a 145 gn Nosler Ballistic Tip, it is a beast!

The .177 and .22  airguns are more fun and economical to shoot (not cheap to purchase), costing 1.5 cents to 4 cents per pellet depending on the quality and caliber of the pellet. Pellet velocities are around 900 fps (feet per second) and are reasonably quite as they are subsonic and most of them have sound moderation.

I do believe in ownership responsibility and have my firearms in a safe and my airguns in a locked metal cabinet.

A local group rents a shooting range so they can have a Heels and Handguns event (sometimes it's miniskirts and maximum noise  ;)  )
Ever see Paul Harrell on You Tube or Dave Atkinson(aka the Yankee marshal)? They don't live very far from you. I joined the pink pistols for a bit. Not many trans people and a few of the gay guys complained that trans people were joining. They said t shouldn't be part of lgb. To me, it seemed more like a pick up/hook up deal for the gay men in it. It was the first time I saw real division in lgbt and I was surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Anyone looking for a pretty good home defense gun which won't break the bank and meets those pesky 10 round limits some states have imposed?  Currently there are a large number of Star BM 9mm pistols being imported into the US.  They are Spanish Guardia Civil turn ins and you can usually find them in the $200-250 range. Finish on them varies but you can usually find a pretty nice one.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

Colleen_definitely

The bm is a pretty solid surplus pistol.  Nothing fancy but durable and pretty reliable.  Expect to have to give it a thorough cleaning when you get it, maybe a new magazine spring and recoil spring while you're at it.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •