Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: HappyMoni on September 02, 2018, 07:36:18 PM
Awe shucks, I was hoping for a good bear wrastling story!
@HappyMoni
Dear Moni: 
Although I have never "wrastled" with a bear or other wild life....   
I have been "wrastling" with having fun with my friends (and suitors) this weekend...

...so it might be that I will have "a good suitor wrastling story" for a future update on my thread.

One more day today of my "long holiday weekend"... then back to work on Tuesday September 4th.
I will keep you posted...

Hugs and well wishes, thanks for your thoughts.....
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on September 03, 2018, 08:55:43 AM
I don't remember how many times I've herd this old saying. "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it".

Hugs,
Donica.
@Donica
Dear Donica:
So very true... especially when out in the woods, in the middle of nowhere by myself, it is obviously better to be smart about all of this and to be careful and prepared accordingly... within reason of course.   

This can also be true for lone women campers, joggers, runners, etc...  anywhere there are secluded or remote areas that may have dangerous animals especially including the 2 legged ones...  even near our big urban areas anywhere, and not just in Alaska.

Thanks for posting your thoughts.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 03, 2018, 09:11:30 AM
...so it might be that I will have "a good suitor wrastling story" for a future update on my thread.
Ooh-la-la!  You sure know how to keep your readers tuning in, Danielle!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Oooh-la-la indeed. "a good suitor wrastling story". I'll get the popcorn going!

Go Danielle Go!
Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

The master of suspense if keeping her readers captured again!

I agree about the need for situational awareness and the need to be ready to protect yourself. In the woods camping or out hiking. Or even in a bar or strolling the mall or just trying to live a normal life. Out here a big story made the news how common it is to spike drinks.

Unfortunately, women are at an even higher risk since (as you pointed out) there is the added danger from a four-legged creature. I always knew that many men see women just as prey but I have to admit I am shocked how bad it is to be on the receiving end.

I know @Alaskan Danielle - you have made your fair share of experiences, at a minimum with the creepy gym guy and also some bears when hiking,

Please, everyone, be safe! Stay alert and if needed protect yourself.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 03, 2018, 09:11:30 AM
@HappyMoni
Dear Moni: 
Although I have never "wrastled" with a bear or other wild life....   
I have been "wrastling" with having fun with my friends (and suitors) this weekend...

One more day today of my "long holiday weekend"... then back to work on Tuesday September 4th.
I will keep you posted...

Hugs and well wishes, thanks for your thoughts.....
Danielle

I see! Wrasting with "suitors" (plural). Gee Danielle, if some of your suitors meet up at a Labor Day event, you might need to be packin heat. They might be a fightin over ya. (I have no idea why I am using the accent. Maybe since there might be a feud a brewin. lol I promise to 'a stop')
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: HappyMoni on September 03, 2018, 11:55:15 AM
I see! Wrasting with "suitors" (plural). Gee Danielle, if some of your suitors meet up at a Labor Day event, you might need to be packin heat. They might be a fightin over ya. (I have no idea why I am using the accent. Maybe since there might be a feud a brewin. lol I promise to 'a stop')
Moni
@HappyMoni
Dear Moni:
I am hopefully not planning any "Suitor Feuds" nor any Suitors to get together with each other to discuss my intentions...  I think it is wise to keep all of my Suitor encounters as separate events.

I am indeed getting a little concerned however that I will be soon be compelled to chose my favorite and therefore cool things off with the other 2 ....  I am at a loss of just how to do that without hurting anyone's feelings.   I will gladly hurt my own feelings if it means sparing the feelings of all the others.   OH.... what to do???   I fear that this is all coming to a head sooner than later.

Thank you for your post reply comments.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Frankly it is the 2 legged creatures and predators that are most concerning... as you pointed out, there are those individuals that prey on women alone when they are just walking or jogging or anywhere....   safety in numbers and  being aware of our environment, and being alert is very important.

The tragic NEWS stories are dominated by women that are kidnapped, raped, and even killed as they are alone doing some innocent activity not only on just hiking trails in the woods, but also in remote rural areas and even in the big cities urban environments as well.   Very few of the NEWS stories have to do with wild animal attacks.

In my opinion it is imperative to have some kind of self-defense protection...   pepper spray, a small knife, a larger type heavier MagLight, and some times, but not always, in my environment, a hand gun can be a life saver.  ....  and the hand gun does not have to be one of those big heavy and very hard to conceal "cannons" either.... but it is always wise to first consider the appropriate methods that are NOT considered deadly force.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: sarah1972 on September 03, 2018, 11:39:14 AM
The master of suspense if keeping her readers captured again!

I agree about the need for situational awareness and the need to be ready to protect yourself. In the woods camping or out hiking. Or even in a bar or strolling the mall or just trying to live a normal life. Out here a big story made the news how common it is to spike drinks.

Unfortunately, women are at an even higher risk since (as you pointed out) there is the added danger from a four-legged creature. I always knew that many men see women just as prey but I have to admit I am shocked how bad it is to be on the receiving end.

I know @Alaskan Danielle - you have made your fair share of experiences, at a minimum with the creepy gym guy and also some bears when hiking,

Please, everyone, be safe! Stay alert and if needed protect yourself.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

Oh, one more important thing....
Of course, always tell a friend or loved one what your plans are and where you might be and with who..... 
... and always have your cell phone with you.... to make an emergency call for help, take a photo of the perpetrator, or if that is not possible, at the very least your immediate location can be traced by the authorities.

Now, back to my fun holiday weekend... report to follow
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 03, 2018, 12:10:18 PM
@HappyMoni
Dear Moni:
I am hopefully not planning any "Suitor Feuds" nor any Suitors to get together with each other to discuss my intentions...  I think it is wise to keep all of my Suitor encounters as separate events.

I am indeed getting a little concerned however that I will be soon be compelled to chose my favorite and therefore cool things off with the other 2 ....  I am at a loss of just how to do that without hurting anyone's feelings.   I will gladly hurt my own feelings if it means sparing the feelings of all the others.   OH.... what to do???   I fear that this is all coming to a head sooner than later.

Thank you for your post reply comments.
Hugs,
Danielle

I wish you luck. It certainly could get sticky, with hurt feelings. I expect you will handle it with class though.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Donica on September 03, 2018, 08:55:43 AM
I don't remember how many times I've herd this old saying. "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it".

Hugs,
Donica.

Hi Donica,                      03 September 2018

It's more true and applicable today than it was when first uttered. An old slogan that is still applicable: "Be Prepared" from the BSA (Boy Scouts of America). Another that surfaced before the carry laws were enacted: "I'd rather be caught alive with it than dead without it."

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on September 03, 2018, 01:23:42 PM
Hi Donica,                      03 September 2018

It's more true and applicable today than it was when first uttered. An old slogan that is still applicable: "Be Prepared" from the BSA (Boy Scouts of America). Another that surfaced before the carry laws were enacted: "I'd rather be caught alive with it than dead without it."

Best Always, Love
Chris
@christinej78    cc: @Donica
Dear Christine:
Exactly right.... as you are aware ... there are many clever but quite true sayings relating to guns and self-defense.

>I would rather be judged by the 12 then to be carried by the 6
>The first rule of a gunfight - bring a gun.
     >A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone
>Is the gun or is it the person that is more dangerous?
     >You don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stay alive.
>A gun is no more dangerous than a baseball bat or a knife in the hands of a madman.
     >Guns by themselves don't kill people, people kill people using guns
>If guns are outlawed, then of course pencils that mis-spell words and spoons that make people fat should also be outlawed.

Here is a good one that I think that you, Christine, mentioned on a previous posting of yours:
    >When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

It is becoming clear in this crazy world that common sense is not so common after all... 
Many thanks for your comments and sharing your thoughts.

Best wishes to you,
Danielle

•  

Rayna

Yes, but for your own safety, think deeply and carefully, long in advance, about how committed you are to pulling that trigger and ending another person's life. Because if you hesitate or are seen to be tentative, the other person will take your gun away and use it against you. More people are shot with their own guns than are successful in shooting another person. Carrying a gun is a big commitment.
If so, then why not?
  •  

christinej78

Hi Danielle,                   03 September 2018

This is a "Suitor" post; no bears or guns allowed.

I'm assuming, due to your small town environment, that each of your suitors knows about the others. So now the dilemma is: "How do you announce your choice," (not including on Susan's) to the ones not chosen without alienating anyone? I would think by now you know who you want to spend the rest of your life with and I'm sure you have vetted each of them very carefully, so you should be able to make a wise and loving choice.

Not being a counselor I don't know the correct way of telling the ones not chosen of your decision. I do think if you tell them you like them a lot, have enjoyed being with them, thank them for the wonderful times you spent with them and then tell them that you have fallen in love with someone else. That's not the exact wording, just some ideas you might want to use. The bottom line is, Yes there are going to be hurt feelings; no one likes to be rejected.

My take on this is your Dental Hygienist is the one you care for the most. If she proposes to you, and you accept, "dilemma  drastically reduced;" announcing your engagement to each of your suitors individually will ease the situation, especially since they didn't propose (unless they have and we aren't aware of it).

I don't envy you for what you have to do, but it will need to be done sooner if not later.

Best to you young lady, you have your work cut out for yourself. You also have an indispensable trait, you are a very nice and caring lady.

Best Always, Love
Chris   
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: RandyL on September 03, 2018, 02:18:22 PM
Yes, but for your own safety, think deeply and carefully, long in advance, about how committed you are to pulling that trigger and ending another person's life. Because if you hesitate or are seen to be tentative, the other person will take your gun away and use it against you. More people are shot with their own guns than are successful in shooting another person. Carrying a gun is a big commitment.

@RandyL
You are correct on all the points that you mentioned....  carrying a gun is indeed a big commitment that requires proper training and practice... and more practice so that mistakes or gun malfunctions do not occur.

A crazed or "mad" person with a gun is certainly very dangerous, particularly so if they are pointing their gun at me.

... also I am just as worried about the crazy person driving his 4000 pound car into me or a crowd, or the person with a knife, machete or hatchet that wants to attack and chop me up without warning... 
.... and a special permit is not needed for all of those deadly "weapons"

As logic dictates, it is not the weapon, no matter which one it is, but it is the person that commits the violent act that is responsible... also if they are on drugs or drunk, they are likewise fully responsible for everything that they do and what subsequent actions that they take.

Thanks so very much for sharing your wise thoughts... this is certainly a subject of much debate...  solutions seem to be mostly evading our society.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: RandyL on September 03, 2018, 02:18:22 PM

Hi RandyL,                      03 September 2018

Everything you say is 100% correct. If you are going to carry, you must train yourself to be willing to take a human life. Having been trained as a Cop I am prepared to do just that if the situation warrants. The dilemma is this will most likely be a split second decision. Lots to think about.

A friend who spent three tours in Vietnam, shot down three times, awarded the Silver Star for Heroism in Combat, multiple DFC's and air medals, was being interviewed by a Psychiatrist for a government LEO position. The doctor asked him how he would feel if he killed someone. His answer was "Great." The doc then asked him if he had ever killed a person. He answered "Lots of them." When asked to explain he said: "When someone has a gun and they are trying to kill you, it feels D** good when you kill them." I'm in complete agreement with his beliefs.

I don't advocate going where there is the potential for violence. But we can't do anything about people that are bent on violence showing up where we are. We need to be prepared and willing to use lethal force to protect our loved ones, ourselves and other innocent bystanders.

Personal safety is a personal decision. I won't tell someone they should carry and I don't want someone telling I shouldn't carry.

Best Always, Love
Chris

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 03, 2018, 12:10:18 PM
Hi Danielle,

The kindest thing you could do is to tell the truth. Do it in a compassionate way, which I'm sure you would anyway. There will likely be disappointment, maybe some hurt feeling and possibly some tears. But any relationship only works when both people share the same feelings for one another. If the relationships have developed to a point where romantic feelings are not mutual, then ending it is the kind thing to do. If it was me, I would rather be told sooner than later that things are not working out. Nobody wants to be led on with false hope. Also, being honest early on may leave the door open for a good friendship to continue.

Follow your heart and do what you feel is right. If there will be hurt feelings, I suspect they will be short lived because they already know you as a kind hearted person who would not deliberately set out to hurt anyone.

My thoughts are with you,
Big hug,
Jayne
  •  

islandgirl

I agree! Being up front and honest is the best approach. You are such wonderful person and all your 'suitors' know that you care about them. It is not like you are just ditching them and will not be friends anymore. It is just that you want to form a different relationship with one of them. If they don't know what you are doing by now, it is not your fault. All the best in your decision making. I do agree that you probably do not want to take too much longer. (fingers crossed for #4)

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

KatieP

We can make this simple, Danielle.

Put up a poll with the numbers 1 through 5. All of Susan's votes. Then you go with whomever has the most votes. Or, if you are into underdogs, the one with the least votes...

Simple.  ;D

Katie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KatieP on September 03, 2018, 10:59:34 PM
We can make this simple, Danielle.

Put up a poll with the numbers 1 through 5. All of Susan's votes. Then you go with whomever has the most votes. Or, if you are into underdogs, the one with the least votes...

Simple.  ;D

Katie
@KatieP
Dear Katie:
Interesting and cute plan but I will take a pass...
and follow my heart instead... which is a little confused and overwhelmed right now....
..  but I will keep every one of my followers updated as things continue to progress.

I just want to make it very clear to everyone however, I am not seeking a marriage proposal...
....  maybe something more like a longer term romantic relationship at this point.

Thanks for your posting and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs,
Danielle

•