News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Orchi scheduled next week!

Started by josie76, April 18, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicilia

Quote from: Donna on April 25, 2018, 10:22:21 AM
I'm hoping to have the choice of local as well. I want to see those nasty things hit the tray and I'm sort of curious as well to see the size of the cyst by then.

You would NOT want to go with local.  There's a human reaction of fainting due to the surgeon pulling on those vas deferens so that he gets as much as possible.  I think the fainting is called vasovagal syncope.  Your blood pressure drops off severely (as does heart rate) and it's quite a problem for your anesthesiologist.   My surgeon won't even take the patient risk messing with a local.  He did give me the choice of doing a spinal;  with me understanding that vasovagal syncope can occur during spinal and that he'd have to go general at that time since the surgery was already in process.  The spinal was painless;  and they had me take valium before I reached the hospital (5mg) and they gave me 10 mg once I got to my room and got undressed.  I remember them sitting me up for the spinal; and then I blinked and when my eyes were done blinking I was in recovery 3 hours later.  They did end up having to stick a tube down my throat because my snoring had them worried about it triggering my paroxismal atrial fibrillation.  Spinal was fine if you are afraid of general; which I was.  I always had an unreasonable fear of not waking up.  Somehow I could come to terms with spinal. 
  •  

Donna

Thanks, I do the vasovagal very well already. Once I came to flat on my back legs being held up in the air by nurses and the crash cart beside me. Don't want that twice.
Unfortunately due to a lower spinal cord injury they won't do a spinal block. I have no issue with general. I had carpal tunnel done with local iv block and loved it. I'll see what the surgeon says and go with that
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •