Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Katie Jade’s stuff

Started by Katie Jade, May 20, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Extra strong for me please. new computer booking system at work is supposed to only take bookings to the amount of staff, unfortunately it thinks there are 2 techs and 1 mot tester when there is only 1 tech. We have 5 services, 4 mots and repairs as well as jobs running over. Pass the amphetamines !!!!!!! 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Katie Jade

Good news tonight, the first person aside from my wife that I came out to, name withheld as she isn't a member, told me tonight that she has been for assessment at Brighton and has a date for her GCS. End of October this year.

Wow, Wow , Wow.

I was so 'made up' for her it was quite overwhelming. Ive offered to driver her down there and such like, and help to look after her afterwards (she is moving into a flat as her wife is now starting to reject her, but she is a good soul like by many so she will be OK) if needs. I will pass the flat on the way into work so I can give her a wave from the car or a lift after recovery (she thinks 4 weeks but Id be really surprised at that).
Quite emotional and gave her a big hug (she is 2/3 of my size..).

Like so many others, but particularly her, she has helped me and talked me through a lot of stuff (as you girls do here as well), and made me think about stuff. She was the first one I went out in public with, then took me to Manchester a week before Sparkle and showed me the world wasn't as bad as my head thought (keep to safe places though)..

Anyway, I decided to show her a pic of me from 2 years ago and she was.. 'like what!!!'... Ill save that one for later on next year for you girls..

Phew, a big time for her and quite a quick resolution since her surgical review. And that got me thinking, the NHS has a problem seeing girls/boys  initially, but then seem to progress them faster after confirmation of GD and RLE etc. Its a front-end issue at the moment then, but also probably have a finite, and what I understand a reducing, number of Surgeons for this delicate work.

Anyhow Ill dwell on the lovely smile my friend has permanently attached to her face, and ill sleep well tonight on the basis of her reaffirming news (she is the only person I know that has had this news whilst I have known them, but there again Ive not been on my journey long yet..).

Sweet dreams, sleep well

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Jade on September 11, 2018, 04:55:25 AM
So working from home today waiting for the bathroom suite delivery. So its Jeans and casual top (heating is on as its cool and damp outside).

Already done 2 international Skype teleconferences... all quite boring but necessary.
I think I need another expresso ...
TTFN

Luv n Hugz

Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie
Wow, even in your casual clothes you really look nice in your picture in your computer nook....   
... and you look happy and have a big smile on your face... very nice to see.

Yes, always time for another espresso during working hours...

Thank you for your posting your thoughts and your photo.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

pamelatransuk

Katie

I am very pleased to hear such good news about GCS with regard to your friend (although sorry her wife rejecting her) and remember YOU ARE ALSO a good soul for agreeing to look after her.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

davina61

Thanks for coming over, enjoyed myself and nice to meet you at last. Going sleepy now , to much food!!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Really loved today, you were so welcoming and the food was absolutely superb. I owe you a return for today's lovely time. I'll post the picsa later but I am at Ex for youngestss birthday meal .... Diet starts tomorrow I think  ;D
Luv n hugz
Katie
:angel: :angel:

•  

davina61

GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Hi
OK here goes; as usual I was late getting up (start of a week on 'holiday', as builders are in for stripping and updating my grotty- you shower lying down- bathroom. Ill take a few pics of the shambles that UK builders quality standards are in - and mine is relatively new build.. 14 yrs old) so messed up nail varnish..

More importantly my longest road trip to a new friend to date (I don't know where the American girls get all their funds from to go galivanting around continents - Honeymoons aside..). It was worth it.

Arrived a little early and was ushered into 'Davina's Place' as others have been before, and was welcomed with a nice cup of tea (Im driving so no Gin ..hic..).

Cooking was on the go so I graciously accepted to watch whilst the wizard'ess did her magic and created a really lovely meal that was ,to me, a bit of a sensory adventure.

I cant even pronounce or even spell the starters or even a lot of their ingredients, so Im sure Davina will maybe help on that with a post... (help).

Mushroom stuff first with the potato and green stuff (see I am useless at remembering names) which was so absolutely delicious I took a pic of the recipe.

Followed by a lot (and I mean  a lot) of salmon fillets poached in an incredible sauce. MMMMMMM. Not tasted anything like that ever I think. Served with a split lentil and rice  (plus other stuff) side to soak up the juices.
I couldn't eat all of that, Davina is such a wonderful hostess, she even reminded me yesterday not to eat breakfast before (I just had a Americano coffee and cream..)..

So feeling like an over full barrel of such tasty morsels, we retired to look at  pics - we shared 'before' pics  - and my lips are sealed... -, and I so love the pics of the grandchildren (mine are a few years off yet I think) and Davina being the doting Grandmom - so sweet. Then onto other stuff, like boys stuff that girls do as well (well I do so that counts) for cars and bikes and stuff. Davina has a lot of hidden talents and is so much more than portrayed.

Finally found time to eat the stunning Indian pudding(?), so sweet and yet also so very well made, not hard but the right chewy consistency.. I'm so appreciative of the time Davina took to make that. (Note I took a doggy bag home but none of the sweet was in it !!!!... cant blame her really  ;D) - (edit; see next post..)

Then onto prep for the Birmingham weekend. Davina has a load of options as to what to wear and the impact she wants to make, and I think in all honesty more options than I do, so really looking forward to seeing what she chooses. Remember its all in the accessories...

Rapidly running out of time and Davina's BFF having been delayed and elsewhere I needed to shoot off, so final hugs and chats and I was on my way - to my sons postponed 18th birthday meal (another Indian but a take away, and to tell the truth no where near as tasty as Davina's).

Diet is so dead today, so a few days on boiled eggs I think..... maybe with a little touch of curry powder??

So Pics (saved to the end so you should have read all notes);

Chef;

Mushroom starter - you have to taste this - hopefully Davina pill post the recipe;

Main course of Salmon something (sorry, Davina help with proper description please)

And the dessert;

Finally, Selfie that for a change  got right with 2 gorgeous girls  having a good time;

I so love that pic.

So that's all - Im fat from 2 Indian meals in a day, Builders in tomorrow (I have stored all the wigs etc..)

Will post updates as and whem something interesting happens with the building works...zzz

Loved today so Much..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

KathyLauren

Katie, I am so happy that you had such a nice visit with Davina.  Having recently been the recipient of a visit by a couple of members (Tia and Debi), I know how much fun it is for us to meet each other in person. 

My mouth is watering from your descriptions of the food, even if some names are lacking.  ;)

I love the happy pic of the two of you.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Katie Jade

Thanks Kathy - yes talking with like minded souls is always good. Your looking stunning by the way, I so love a good stunning blue colour.

And I have to aplogise to Davina, she did actually pack some of the so very sweet Indian desert/sweet in my doggy bad - thanks hun, much appreciated .  :angel:

TC and Will message soon
Luv n Hugz
Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade:
Dear Katie:
I have been eagerly waiting for your update regarding your visit with Chef Davina.   The pictures you posted are a treat for your followers to view... thank you for posting them along with your wonderful description of the day's events.
YOU and @davina61 look absolutely beautiful in the photos... both of your dresses and very feminine and happy appearance are so nice to see.

Thank you so very much for posting your update... a pleasure to read and to see.
Hugs and well wishes, as always,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Did try to reply last night but net vanished (grrrr) Tandoori mushrooms ( every body wants the recipe!!) Masaturian salmon curry, Chana dahl and basmati rice pilaf , stuffed Parathas (cauliflower and potato) and pistachio and almond desert .   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Had a pathara with bacon and egg for breakfast this morning .
Builders have started.... Bye bye horrible bathroom....
Luv n hugz
Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

davina61

Keep the TEA coming , builders seize up without regular lubrication!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Hi Katie

I haven't stopped by before but I saw you post on Davina's thread and though t I just had to check out the photos and see the amazing food. You girls look like you had a great time...the smiles say it all.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Jade on September 17, 2018, 02:24:23 AM
Had a pathara with bacon and egg for breakfast this morning .
Builders have started.... Bye bye horrible bathroom....
Luv n hugz
Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel:

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
I recall seeing some "before" pictures that you posted some time ago... during the project and after it would be terrific to see what the builders have accomplished....  all it takes is money and time!!!

You sound so happy and bubbly after your wonderful visit with @davina61  ... it is so great to get together with supportive and like minded friends ... and it helps if they are good cooks too such as Chef Davina was able to prove to you.

Thanks for updating all of us....
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

OK at Danielle' request lets see the before, and the progress..;

Nothing spectacular ad Im sure people live happy lives with bathrooms worse that this, however, Progress today;

All good fun, I just need to make sure I don't fall down the hole in my bedroom floor before tomorrow....
As we all say, it will be worth it in the end :)

As for me, Im over last weekends  mega blip, and Davna so helped me yesterday.
Loving life and the challenge before me again.

Luv n Hugz

Katie

??? ??? :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

LizK

Hi Katie

That really is a big project but you seem to have made great progress with it. What a great job , I would never trust myself to be able to do that...I would probably break something....me!

We had our bathroom refurbished not so long ago and it felt like we were livin in a hotel there for awhile after...all we needed were the little complementary soaps and shampoo's LOL

I hope it turns aout really well...

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Katie Jade

Quick update - Tiling and grouting done, just hope its all done in time to get ready for getting ready to go out Friday night and Saturday day.
Off for shower at BFF. (hopefully)

I normal light the tiles seem to have a slight pink about them, which I am perfectly happy with  :-*
Electrician and finishing off my waterworks tomorrow
TTFN

Luv n Hugz

Katie

;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Katie Jade

OK pics of similar views to previous from todays work. Just final fix from the plumber sealing all the corners, and the Electrician to wire up the shower and safety switch and the job is a good one (Aside from new flooring and painting the ceiling..). Ill be glad when this is all done and I can go out Friday night and Sat all day... will be back to posting out of focus views of bits of my transition - yay.

The shower head picture shows the grey and pinky colour off as I see it. So nice. Also all the tools should be gone in the next and final pictures..

Talk soon

Luv n Hugz

Katie

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D

•