Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Two days before BA and a wave of emotions.

Started by HappyMoni, July 08, 2018, 09:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

No, in no way am I complaining. I have wanted  boobs all my life. In two days, I get my wish. I am very lucky. So why do I feel anxious tonight? I have this sense that this is really going to change my life. I have been  very light hearted about it up until tonight. I am not worried about surgery. I have had a lot of that, and it doesn't bother me. No it isn't the surgery. It is a big mental milestone for me. I have a lot riding on this. My self image, my relationship, will all be impacted by how this goes. It is scaring me some. I have said to others, this is a point of no return unlike even GCS. This is highly visible to everyone. I keep rolling around in my head the 'what ifs.' I guess  I didn't expect this pressure with such a wonderful opportunity.
Monica
Kendra, hope you are doing well. Thinking of you.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Dear Moni:  I am very excited for you.  In my opinion it is completely normal to be nervous and of course you might be considering second thoughts... as you said this is a big step and the result will be a very obvious to all... 
you are already passing without failing so the BA is just an enhancement of your already very feminine presentation.
Of course it is entirely your decision... it's your body and your choice.
Your followers and friends here will rejoice with you and support you no matter what you do.
Please keep us updated.
Hugs and well wishes.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

LizK

I hope it goes well and I understand your trepidation...I am sure you will be fine....The thought of having nice boobs is driving me to reconsider my previous position. I suspect I will be following you in looking for an augmentation....and will have the same concerns... I think its healthy to be concerned.

There are always horror stories but on the whole this operation is now done frequently and I am sure you have picked a surgeon who knows what they are doing...you will be in capable hands...

Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

emma-f

Good luck. Its the best thing I've ever done. Thing is they're not always as obvious as you'd think. After mine I even lived for a few weeks as a man! Even now I can dress in the week where I don't look like I have much chest, and then on the weekend wear a low cut top and have had random strangers comment on my boobs!

Spend a few days resting afterwards and the recovery is fine. I'm sure that you have loads of tips already but here are a few:

1. Make sure you have lots of zip up tops and the type of vests that you can pull up from below
2. Take out lots of cups and glasses and have everything in the kitchen at less than shoulder height
3. Sort out your bed with an incline before you go to hospital. I just created a wedge using spare quilt and some cushions
4. Get in a lot of shopping including long life milk - you won't fancy carrying shopping bags for a few weeks at least!

Once again, good luck x
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Take a deep breath Monica!  It's scaring you because of the perceived visible change, but look in the mirror and see the woman you are now.  It will be shocking to see them at first but then you'll settle into normal life, and a new bra size. 

PONR?  Not that I've heard of having them removed but it can be done.  Try that with GRS.

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

islandgirl

All the Best with your surgery, Monica! Feelings of doubt or questioning your decision are normal! You have done the work to get this far along your path! Even the best actors or athletes have butterflies before their next performance! I have submitted a request for a BA and am excited to get there. On the other hand, I question my decision. Am I too old?  Will I get the results I want? Sending positive thoughts! I am sure things will go smoothly for you! Look forward to hearing from you after your surgery!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

KathyLauren

Good luck with your surgery, Moni!  May the results be everything you wanted.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

HappyMoni

Thanks friends, as always, you are awesome. I am feeling calmer today. There is no doubt that this is right for me. There is no real thought of going backward. I love being a woman. I have some baggage from being male those many years. It is my hope that this surgery will help dismiss this baggage. I don't know if you can relate but having something off in the future with the promise that it will help things is comforting. When the time comes where that thing actually is happening, it can cause stress. Thoughts of, will it really help, what if it doesn't help, what then, are what bother me. I've been around this game long enough to know that surgeries don't cure all life's problems. I have never had that thought. I'm just hoping that this changes things in a way similar to what I need.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

davina61

Wishing you well, bit late time zones and all that, hope you get what you want XXXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 08, 2018, 09:36:05 PM
Kendra, hope you are doing well. Thinking of you.

Awww - thank you!  I am actually on the rollaway thingie right now (probably not the technical term) about to get wheeled into surgery.  And Moni I wish the best for you!  I know you researched and made decisions carefully, you will do great. 

I have followed many of your experiences and admire everything you have done. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Tatiana 79

Baby this is something you have wanted your entire life and now it comes down to crunch time so who wouldn't be excited and nervous about it unless your Vulcan or something.  we're only humans with emotions and feelings and this has been building up in you for so long and now it's thrown on you right now.
If your excitement anxiety and anticipation wouldn't be high I don't think you would be alive so use it girl.
I'm sure everything will go fine and I can't wait to hear how you feel when you come back after it.
best wishes and hugs and love  to you my friend Tatiana
Oh and one more thing sorry about the Vulcan bit I'm just an old treki
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Kendra on July 09, 2018, 02:18:32 PM
Awww - thank you!  I am actually on the rollaway thingie right now (probably not the technical term) about to get wheeled into surgery.  And Moni I wish the best for you!  I know you researched and made decisions carefully, you will do great. 

I have followed many of your experiences and admire everything you have done.

Thank you Davina and Kendra,
   Can't believe you are posting on the gurney going in, Kendra. Now put it down like a good girl, and let the good doctors folks do their thing.   ;D

I waited for a call as to when to go tomorrow. I called at 4 and they were closed. Moment of panic before they called and said 9:45 AM for surgery. I plan on posting as they have me counting backwards from 100. Not!

Davina, I am not smart enough to know what time that is your time. My guess is Sunday at 5:22AM give or take a week.  :P

]
  •  

Jessica

Good luck Moni!  As you have said, this is what you have always wanted.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Charlie Nicki

Good luck! You will probably be very happy with the results :)
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Rachel

Kendra, you are awesome, posting on the way to surgery, good luck.

Monica, a BA makes a huge difference. My self confidence went up after my BA. How people treated me changed. I had guys I know blush when they saw me the first time. Tops look very good after the BA and more importantly I did not dwell on the if I had xxxxxx. Breasts can be a bother some times. When I eat if a crumb falls it always goes into my bra. I need to wear a bra now. Tight tops look awesome.

Do things change, yes and no. We are genetically programmed to view breasts a certain way. When you have breasts you are viewed in a group, just like the rest. So you will be associated in the group with breasts.

Good luck.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

MissyMay2.0

Congratulations and best wishes for amazing results!😊

I had mine done in 2011, and it was so validating to me, especially since I only got an A cup after several years of HRT, so I was ecstatic to finally have breasts, and they definitely make me feel a lot more feminine😊

•  

HappyMoni

Thank you friends, very much. You have made me feel much better. More feminine is the key here for me.

Rach, the upside of the things finding their way in there, you can hide your money there if there is any left after  the doctor bills.

]
  •  

davina61

You are almost right but its PM , waiting for the after post---------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Harley Quinn

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Kendra

Moni I hope you're doing well!  I'm sure you are.  Mine are sore day one post-op but sooo worth it.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •