Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Road Trip 3.0 beta (Michelle & Laurie)

Started by Laurie, August 01, 2018, 11:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayna

I don't pass (except from a distance), but go out in Colorado Springs regularly and have not had any issues yet. It can happen at bars and late night on the streets when the drunks are around, but otherwise not a problem.
Quote from: DawnOday on August 07, 2018, 03:55:25 PM
Quick question for you ladies. Since you are in one of the more conservative areas of the country, have you undergone any harassment? Or am I just too scared of my own shadow to step out from under it? Fear sucks.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Hi folks,

No sleeping in the Prius tonight. Nope we are in a nice bed at Tia Anne and Debi's place.
  Earlier we took I-34 north up into the Rocky Mountain National park and up and up and up we went. More than 12,300 feet. It was beautiful up there. Over the top and then down into and through the community of Estes Park. We saw a few elk, beautiful vistas, and the Stanley Hotel that was used in the movie "The Shining". Then it was down the canyon playing tag with the river into the town of Loveland and parking in front of Debi & Tia Anne's place.
  We were warmly welcomed, fed, and sat down to more good family conversation. Now it is bedtime.

Good night all.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Having fun you are
Caring for each other I see

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

MaryT

Seems like an epic adventure at least as worthy as a couple of trans road trip movies that come to mind.

Bearing in mind that this road trip is also going to inspire a movie, try to talk to each other and to other people in appropriate dialogue.  It is acceptable to write down what you WISH you had said, if you weren't quite quick enough on the spur of the moment.

On the subject of movies,

Quote from: Laurie on August 08, 2018, 12:03:59 AM
...Over the top and then down into and through the community of Estes Park. We saw a few elk, beautiful vistas, and the Spencer Inn that was used in the movie "The Shining". ...

I am a fan of both the movie and mini-series versions of The Shining but wasn't aware of a connection to the Spencer Inn.  Did you mean the Stanley Hotel?  It inspired Stephen King in real life and the mini-series was filmed there.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: MaryT on August 08, 2018, 02:12:18 PM
Seems like an epic adventure at least as worthy as a couple of trans road trip movies that come to mind.

Bearing in mind that this road trip is also going to inspire a movie, try to talk to each other and to other people in appropriate dialogue.  It is acceptable to write down what you WISH you had said, if you weren't quite quick enough on the spur of the moment.

I am a fan of both the movie and mini-series versions of The Shining but wasn't aware of a connection to the Spencer Inn.  Did you mean the Stanley Hotel?  It inspired Stephen King in real life and the mini-series was filmed there.

Hi Mary, yes you caught me in a lazy moment. It was the Stanley Hotel. At least it started with an "S"

Hugs,

Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 06, 2018, 10:13:01 PM
Whew! Okay kiddies, The Official Wandering Waifs Tracking Map is now up and running. I'm not being quite as careful to track dates and times this time. Instead I'm just putting their waypoints in order and marking them on the map. As you see the dots get closer to your home, start cleaning off the fridge.

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EJE-kx89H5jAz5hL6vJSLWqMC5Hg8A2s&usp=sharing

Stephanie

That is hilarious to look at. That line of points only makes the faintest of contacts with any interstate highways, and sometimes appears to not be on any roads at all.  And I can vouch for the accuracy, too!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on August 08, 2018, 12:29:17 AM
Having fun you are
Caring for each other I see
@Jessica , At the end of sentences placing verbs you are.  Yodaesque?!??

Yes, we are having fun, and learning to care better for each other, as well as discovering a bit of needed self-care.  This is a good experience for both of us.

Thank you for following this, Jessica.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 08, 2018, 03:44:47 PM
That is hilarious to look at. That line of points only makes the faintest of contacts with any interstate highways, and sometimes appears to not be on any roads at all.  And I can vouch for the accuracy, too!

@Michelle_P    @Laurie

I have taken fairly lengthy road trips and have purposely tried to avoid the interstates.   My last trip was over 4500 miles, western 15 states and all of the National Parks and I was only on the interstates for about 50 miles or so for the entire trip....   it was wonderful to go through all of the off the grid small towns and visit eating establishments, coffee shops, espresso shops, bakery shops and other locally owned businesses.
Truly wonderful getting off of the main roads.

I will continue to follow your road adventuress.....   are you still keeping Laurie tied up in the back seat???
Thank you for keeping us updated.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Michelle_P

So, what has happened to the road trip?

We are in Loveland, Colorado for a very special event with Tia Anne and Debra. But, there is another thread for that.

We will be back on the road soon, I'm sure. No definite departure date or destination of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: MaryT on August 08, 2018, 02:12:18 PM

Was one of those movies you were thinking about "To Wong Foo, Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar" with Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes and John Leguizano? All three of them were absolutely gorgeous in that movie.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Donica on August 11, 2018, 02:18:19 PM
Was one of those movies you were thinking about "To Wong Foo, Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar" with Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes and John Leguizano? All three of them were absolutely gorgeous in that movie.

That is one of the movies that came to mind.  The waifs are infinitely more attractive, though.
  •  

Laurie

I saw that one twice.

•  

Laurie

Michelle and I have been here in Loveland for a week now and at our lovely hostess' request it appears we will be here another day.  Our time here has been wonderful and rewarding for us. Helping Tia Anne and Debi with preparations for their lovely ceremony of renewing vows and with the reception afterwards. And then very enjoyable time of comraderie shared with the other sisters of Susan's place. Michelle and I  cooked breakfast for everyone in the house including the brides who joined us Sunday morning.
  All too soon we needed to be out of the house. Kendra running off to the airport. Jessica Rose and Susan off to home in Monument.  And the rest of use off to Tia's and Debi's place. A bit more visiting and Stephanie and Cassandra were off to the airport also.
  As luck would have it we were to be honored with another night of visiting with our two Floridian friends because their plane left without them. Tia ran them back to the airport the next morning for another try at going home. This time they were more successful.
  So here we are still enjoying the hospitality of Tia and Debi. We've been here so long I am beginning to wonder how much the rent will be. I think some consideration should be made for the three meals I was talked into cooking for them. Oh well such is life. At least none of those that ate my cooking actually got sick.  If they tell you otherwise, don't pay them no mind as they would be fibbing. Even Kendra was accommodated wit vegetarian dishes.
  Michelle and I  will be moving on but I  am not certain when.

Hugs,
  Michelle & Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

@Laurie says "It's not my fault", "I'm innocent", and "Michelle did it."

I have no idea what she is talking about.  This arose in a discussion with Tia about the nature of our purpose in the universe. Well, there is only one thing to do, then.

Followers of Laurie's thread, what say ye?

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 15, 2018, 04:52:50 PM

I have no idea what she is talking about.  This arose in a discussion with Tia about the nature of our purpose in the universe. Well, there is only one thing to do, then.

@Michelle_P        cc:Laurie

Dear Michelle...  what say me???   Our purpose in the universe?  Well, I am very confused about how to briefly and intelligently answer that question but I still love you both and continue to follow both of your threads with great interest.

Are you two still on the road???

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 15, 2018, 04:52:50 PM

I don't think I can intelligently answer the question about our purpose in the universe, but I am pretty sure I am here to push Laurie's buttons and then run to avoid being placed on top of a fridge!

Jayne <running away from the fridge>
  •  

Anne Blake

I have been blessed  with the opportunity to get to know both you and Laurie fairly well and I must say that whenever Laurie says she didn't do it and that she is innocent ......no way! She cooks a great breakfast and does fine neck rubs.....but innocent, not a chance.

Tia Anne
  •  

Tessa James

Time to broaden the search for that special purpose?
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •