Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Better late than never, Jamie

Started by gracefulhat, November 17, 2018, 05:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: gracefulhat on November 19, 2018, 10:39:59 PM
Dorit please check out this article about a 99 year old ww2 veteran who transtioned at 70 years old after her wife passed away, it will melt your heart, she is so beautiful  :D
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-south-yorkshire-45937939/meet-the-99-year-old-transgender-ww2-veteran
I am over 70 years old, and still in the midst of transition!  It has nothing to do with age, it is a mental thing,  But one has to be sure to keep ones body in shape to handle this!  Physically I am not afraid to compete with any person in his/her late 50s!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Jenny1969

Gracefulhat

Thank you for sharing. I am also starting late. I'm 49 and just came out to my doctor. Hopefully starting HRT soon. I am hoping for injection instead of the patch. I wonder if its my choice?

I'll be watching your progress.

Jenny
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Jenny1969 on November 24, 2018, 01:59:56 PM
Gracefulhat

Thank you for sharing. I am also starting late. I'm 49 and just came out to my doctor. Hopefully starting HRT soon. I am hoping for injection instead of the patch. I wonder if its my choice?

I'll be watching your progress.

Jenny

Congrats Jenny on starting your medical transition soon! We will do it together  :D My endo really preferred the patches because its a consistent dose and it bypasses the liver. So I thinknit depends on your provider. I'm sure she would switch me to pills if I wanted though, but blood clots I've read are more often associated with the pills. Keep us updated on your progress please.
Above all, love
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Dietlind on November 23, 2018, 03:05:36 AM
I am over 70 years old, and still in the midst of transition!  It has nothing to do with age, it is a mental thing,  But one has to be sure to keep ones body in shape to handle this!  Physically I am not afraid to compete with any person in his/her late 50s!

Maybe Indiana Jones was right, "It's not the years, it's the mileage." My dad is 72 years young and he still runs 2 miles a day, lifts weights, and rides his motorcycle. I think baby boomers have revolutionized every stage of life  ;D
Above all, love
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 22, 2018, 11:10:59 PM

@gracefulhat

When I started reading your update I was feeling very sad for you regarding not being included in your family Thanksgiving dinner... then I kept reading and I realized that the ending was a much happier time for you.

I am glad that you day ended well.... but I am still sad about your siblings rejecting you... based on my own transition experience I can definitely feel your pain.   I know exactly how your are feeling about all of this.

Hang in there girl, I am glad that your parents and your brother all got together at your parents home to have a post Thanksgiving meal time ... and a card game too.   Finally laughing and smiling is a good thing.

Thanks for sharing.
Lots of hugs and more hugs,
Danielle

Thanks Danielle! Btw, can you see the mountains where you live?
Above all, love
  •  

dee82

Quote from: gracefulhat on November 17, 2018, 05:33:22 PM
I could no longer continue to live without life, to be walking dead, not myself.

I so relate to this. I was a "zombie" before coming out. Just going through the motions.

So glad to hear about the break-through with your parents after you went shooting.

Couldn't suppress a little smile about the "starting late". Oh, I wish I started at your age! But yes, any time is late when you have wasted time not living to the fullest.

Thanks for sharing this.
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: dee82 on November 24, 2018, 05:17:16 PM
I so relate to this. I was a "zombie" before coming out. Just going through the motions.

So glad to hear about the break-through with your parents after you went shooting.

Couldn't suppress a little smile about the "starting late". Oh, I wish I started at your age! But yes, any time is late when you have wasted time not living to the fullest.

Thanks for sharing this.

I guess if we are still alive, then it's never too late!
Above all, love
  •  

Rachel

Hello,

You are very lucky to have parents that are trying to learn and a brother that is there for you too. It will take time and understanding on their part to see you are you but in a different wrapper.

I understand it must have been very difficult to be treated differently than before by your family. It will take time for them to understand and get over the change. In the end if they truly love you then your happiness is what should matter.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: gracefulhat on November 24, 2018, 02:47:41 PM
Thanks Danielle! Btw, can you see the mountains where you live?

@gracefulhat
Dear Grace:
Yes indeed, close up mountain views right behind my house... 

Here are some photos from mid-July last summer when I went for a hike up into the hills behind my home.
This link below will take you to a posting I made on m Hunted Prey thread on July 14, 2018
        https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,236395.msg2154312.html#msg2154312

Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 24, 2018, 07:30:35 PM
@gracefulhat
Dear Grace:
Yes indeed, close up mountain views right behind my house... 

Here are some photos from mid-July last summer when I went for a hike up into the hills behind my home.
This link below will take you to a posting I made on m Hunted Prey thread on July 14, 2018
        https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,236395.msg2154312.html#msg2154312

Hugs,
Danielle

Oh how wonderfully beautiful! We went to Mount Raineer in May and these remind me of that experience. You are blessed to live there. Thanks for the link btw, I haven't yet read through your story, but I will now.
Above all, love
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Rachel on November 24, 2018, 06:43:35 PM
Hello,

You are very lucky to have parents that are trying to learn and a brother that is there for you too. It will take time and understanding on their part to see you are you but in a different wrapper.

I understand it must have been very difficult to be treated differently than before by your family. It will take time for them to understand and get over the change. In the end if they truly love you then your happiness is what should matter.

I know that I am very lucky, especially compared to so many of our trans family around the world, so I can't complain. But it still hurts, yet it's good to keep perspective.
Above all, love
  •  

Linde

Quote from: gracefulhat on November 24, 2018, 02:46:32 PM
Maybe Indiana Jones was right, "It's not the years, it's the mileage." My dad is 72 years young and he still runs 2 miles a day, lifts weights, and rides his motorcycle. I think baby boomers have revolutionized every stage of life  ;D
I can't run anymore, because of a back problem, But I walk every day possible about 4 miles, and go to the gym twice a week for two hours each to do strength training.  An older body does not mean to be  decaying body,  healthy nutrition and physical activity combined with mental activity can make people live a long time with a good life.  I have a 89 year old female friend, who drives a Mini Cooper S, and boy, does she push that baby!  I bet she could participate in Rallys, if she would want to!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: gracefulhat on November 24, 2018, 02:46:32 PMI think baby boomers have revolutionized every stage of life  ;D

LOL!  You are welcome!  :D  I am 64, right in the middle of the baby boom, and loving life at last.

Quote from: gracefulhat on November 24, 2018, 05:45:19 PM
I guess if we are still alive, then it's never too late!

Amen!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Dorit

Count me in at 71!    I also practice a healthy lifestyle with daily exercise and a very natural Mediterranean diet.   I would like to say that it is also genetic to a certain extent.    However, while I am very genetically similar to my mother, she died of Leukemia at 45.   Life is wild!
  •  

pamelatransuk

As you say, "Better late than never, Jamie".

You are 36; reverse the digits and you find my age - 63. I am 9 months HRT and publicly transitioning in 2019.

I am a baby boomer and thank you for your thoughts on us.

We only start to live, when we accept who we are as trans and take positive action - therapy, HRT, transition etc.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

gracefulhat

Had my 6th laser treatment this am and wow, my upper lip and chin is so swollen! Usually I go home and avoid the public for the rest of the day, but I received a message from my psychologist saying that someone had dropped out of a group therapy that she runs for trans persons and I can join today if I wanted.
So I admit, I am vain. My first thought was, I can't go because my face looks like crap! I did end up deciding to go and I am so glad I did. There were 7 other trans persons plus two psychologists and we had a lovely time. I got to meet new people like myself and we will meet every week for 15 more weeks. Ah and I wore a face mask throughout the meeting ><  :laugh: :D. It's good sometimes to be uncomfortable.
Above all, love
  •  

gracefulhat

4 month update =_=

I had my first follow up appointment with my endocrinologist this AM and she was really kind. I told her about my changes since starting hrt and she seemed pleased. My chest has been tender for he last month, decreased libido, slight decrease in body hair growth, decreased anxiety, able to concentrate/focus. We went over my complete metabolic panel, which showed everything as within normal limits. She did not want my estradiol and testosterone levels checked yet, but will do so February 28th, one week before the next appointment. My estradiol patch has been increased by 1.5x and spironolactone was doubled (+_+) yay!!! I am really relieved about this and I am ready for some new changes. Ah and I have gained 6 pounds which is a good thing.
Above all, love
  •  

gracefulhat

Feminnized old faded tattoo https://imgur.com/gallery/2QflUk7

Here's a link to my modified tattoo done today. The dragon was done when I turned 17, 19 years ago (+_+)
Wish someone would write how I can post the actual picture on the page.
Above all, love
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@gracefulhat
Dear Jamie:
Thank you for posting your good news update.  It sounds like that you are well on your way...  at 4 months of HRT as you are now you should soon be experiencing more significant changes at a quicker pace.  This is certainly an exciting time for you in your journey.   

I will continue to eagerly follow your thread as you post more updates and comments regarding your transition
journey...
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: gracefulhat on December 05, 2018, 11:21:46 AM
4 month update =_=

I had my first follow up appointment with my endocrinologist this AM and she was really kind. I told her about my changes since starting hrt and she seemed pleased. My chest has been tender for he last month, decreased libido, slight decrease in body hair growth, decreased anxiety, able to concentrate/focus. We went over my complete metabolic panel, which showed everything as within normal limits. She did not want my estradiol and testosterone levels checked yet, but will do so February 28th, one week before the next appointment. My estradiol patch has been increased by 1.5x and spironolactone was doubled (+_+) yay!!! I am really relieved about this and I am ready for some new changes. Ah and I have gained 6 pounds which is a good thing.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

cargurl72

Glad to hear everything is going good for you Jamie. Cool tattoo also. I've been thinking a lot lately about getting a tat.
  •