Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Have you thought how your everyday life will change or not as you transition?

Started by ChrissyRyan, December 06, 2018, 09:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I find it wonderful that when I am in a social setting with some ladies who know I am mtf, that they always treat me and talk with me as myself, a woman, even when I am noticeably dressed as a male that day.  I guess that may mean I am a woman that happens to be out in men's clothes, but I am still me!

I just love it when I am addressed and treated as a woman.  I love to hear my "real" (female) name.  I love it when a new necklace or something feminine related about me gets noticed.   Any guy that is left in me seems to be nowhere to be found when I am in these situations.  On these days, those good experiences make me crave to transition more quickly. 

Plus, that all goes a long way to counteracting some of the ridicule that occasionally happens.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

sarahc

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 22, 2019, 05:16:35 PM
I find it wonderful that when I am in a social setting with some ladies who know I am mtf, that they always treat me and talk with me as myself, a woman, even when I am noticeably dressed as a male that day.  I guess that may mean I am a woman that happens to be out in men's clothes, but I am still me!

I just love it when I am addressed and treated as a woman.  I love to hear my "real" (female) name.  I love it when a new necklace or something feminine related about me gets noticed.   Any guy that is left in me seems to be nowhere to be found when I am in these situations.  On these days, those good experiences make me crave to transition more quickly. 

Plus, that all goes a long way to counteracting some of the ridicule that occasionally happens.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Yes! Yes! Yes!

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, what you describe is exactly what I most hope for once I go full-time. Things will be so bad if I can't get positive social interactions with other women, but it'll be so awesome if I do. I hope I achieve what you have been able to.

Sarah
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •